Thread: SWGEmu LaunchPad - November 2013

Play Stats
    Inactive

SWGEmu LaunchPad - November 2013

SWGEmu LaunchPad

November 2013
    The SWGEmu Team

SWGEmu LaunchPad - November 2013

The SWGEmu team is proud to announce that we have a new SWGEmu installer/launcher. New SWGEMu Launchpad will be replacing our old LPE (LaunchPad Enhanced). You can download the new SWGEmu Launchpad here and the new SWGEmu Launchpad install guide can be found here.

This is still a Beta version of the SWGEmu Launchpad so any questions, concerns, bugs or other issues either with SWGEmu Launchpad or SWGEmu Launchpad install guide can be posted in this announcement thread.

Please note that one month after SWGEmu Launchpad release our support department will stop offering support to any and all issues regarding the LPE and LPE based clients. Announcement with more details will be posted at a later date.

We would like once again to thank you for your dedication and support.

~ The SWGEmu Team
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hey, Thank you for the info. But actually I am little bit confused now. Waht do I have to do now? Do I need to completly reinstall SWG (incl. original gamedata?) or is it possible just to quit playing, install the new SWGemu Launchpad and start playing again? Is it necessary to delete the old LPE files befor installing SWGemu launchpad or is it just ok leave the data for the moment, just without using? Thanks anyway.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    All you need to do is follow the guide. I installed it last week. Did not do any thing with my SWGEmu installation and removed the LPE and it worked fine. Make sure to make a safety copy of your profile, so you do not lose any macros and settings you like if the folder get messed up under installation.

If the fast way do not work, just follow the guide and do an reinstall.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Woohoo!!!
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im having issues I followed the instructions for the new launchpad and just cant get it as default so it will launch. I know this one is all me but is there a better way on giving a walkthrough on how to switch them out and change the new one to default? this is were im stuck at right at step 4 and just cant figure it out The first time the SWGEmu launchpad starts it will ask you to direct to your original SWG game client location. (Default location is in Program Files for x86 systems or in Program Files (x86) for x64 systems). Thank you as well for this great game coming back to life!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by 4lom51575 View Post
    Im having issues I followed the instructions for the new launchpad and just cant get it as default so it will launch. I know this one is all me but is there a better way on giving a walkthrough on how to switch them out and change the new one to default? this is were im stuck at right at step 4 and just cant figure it out The first time the SWGEmu launchpad starts it will ask you to direct to your original SWG game client location. (Default location is in Program Files for x86 systems or in Program Files (x86) for x64 systems). Thank you as well for this great game coming back to life!
    When you say you "can't get it as default" what do you mean by that? Are you out of space on your C drive, is it throwing an error, what's going on? You do not need to change install location, you just let the launcher pick the install path and hit "next".
    Weedie
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I made a copy of my profiles folder and stuck it on my desktop before installing. I got a good install except my settings and macros were gone. I copied my old profile folder over the new one and it still doesn't get my macros back. What did I or am I do doing wrong please?
    IGN - Solfly
    Unlimited Inc -4320, 5010 Theed, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a note...

Make sure you read it all the way through just like you did when installing way back when. There is new stuff you need to do in order to get this working

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Deleted player folder an copied the new one in still no macros. The folder shows them there but in game noting. Read the whole thing 3 times before I even installed it. Oh well guess I'll just have better organized macros now.
    IGN - Solfly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ummm... are you copying it in the correct folder. New lunchpad doesnt just install itself in a folder you direct it to, it creates a new SWGEmu folder when it isntalls itself. Check the folder you directed it to for an SWGEmu folder.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Was I not supposed to install over the old one? That is what I did. Didn't see the sense in have two folders with the same stuff.

Fixed! Thanks and sorry!
    Last edited by Lolindir; 11-21-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Double post
    IGN - Solfly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ok i will check the new launchpad out.
    if i lucky i can play again, and if i am unlucky i will have to get new CD's.
    i still runing from nge online installation(computer is 4 years old)

edit ...
    do i delete / remove the lpe first or after the swgemulaunchpad instalation?
    thanks for possible info.
    Last edited by brandnew; 11-21-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm getting a forbidden download error message and a 403 error when I try to use the new launchpad.

"Error downloading http://launchpad2.net/setup.cfg - server replied: Forbidden"
    Last edited by Toglco; 11-21-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by brandnew View Post
    edit ...
    do i delete / remove the lpe first or after the swgemulaunchpad instalation?
    thanks for possible info.
    I didn't do anything with the lpe, its still sitting on my desktop. Now it's in the bin.
    IGN - Solfly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    "Error downloading http://www.launchpad2.net/SWGEmu/required2.txt - server replied: Forbidden" New player here, decided to check out my old favourite game today. Cheers for all the work you guys do, I hoped that perhaps posting this might make it easier to pinpoint the problem.

Closed Thread

Thread Information