Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu LaunchPad - November 2013

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Also having issues with security/permissions now for SWG. Working on it.
    Any tips on this would be great. Tried all the ideas and stuff I know with security and permissions (and i know a few things, Have associates in Computer Science, and working on my Bachelors right now..don't know all though! Just a bit.), and so far ... nodda. Everything has been working great up until I installed the new launchpad. This keeps popping up now, even though I have checked and re-checked all permissions and security settings.
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 10016
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Version: 6.1
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_DCOM_ACCESS_DENIED_IN_SERVER_ACTIVATION_OR_L AUNCH_PERMISSION
    Message: The %1 permission settings do not grant %2 %3 permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    %4
    to the user %5\%6 SID (%7) from address %8. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services snap-in.
    Last edited by Voskko; 11-24-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: added info

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Voskko View Post
    Ok, here we go. Wat's up with my Direct3d (Directx) and my PC now runs slow as mollasses after i tried my first loading on the game and got a weird freak out of my PC and Directx? lol
    Gonna put me to work today I see! No worries i'll take a look and see what i can figure out. Wow, now my cursor is wigging out to.. hmmm. Must be a graphics driver issue. Somehow I think the new launchpad set-up crapped my game installation and my graphics driver as well as directx drivers. So who do i kick for this one! lol No big deal I will fix it and let you all know what's up so in case others get the same deal I am getting, they will know how to fix it.
    Direct3d error usually means that you need to change your game screen resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Voskko View Post
    Also having issues with security/permissions now for SWG. Working on it.
    Any tips on this would be great. Tried all the ideas and stuff I know with security and permissions (and i know a few things, Have associates in Computer Science, and working on my Bachelors right now..don't know all though! Just a bit.), and so far ... nodda. Everything has been working great up until I installed the new launchpad. This keeps popping up now, even though I have checked and re-checked all permissions and security settings.
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 10016
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Version: 6.1
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_DCOM_ACCESS_DENIED_IN_SERVER_ACTIVATION_OR_L AUNCH_PERMISSION
    Message: The %1 permission settings do not grant %2 %3 permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    %4
    to the user %5\%6 SID (%7) from address %8. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services snap-in.
    What is all that? What is... Can you just use words like my Anti-Virus (name would be nice) is blocking launchpad or firewall or... Something else in English.

Closed Thread

Thread Information