+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 143

Thread: SWGEmu LaunchPad - November 2013

  1. #121
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Idaho City,ID.
    Posts
    6
    Had no issues with the new Launchpad installing. Now just waiting until the server comes back up to make sure all my other stuff is in good order (macro's and all that). Quick and easy.
    Last edited by Voskko; 11-24-2013 at 06:06 PM.

  2. #122
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Idaho City,ID.
    Posts
    6
    Ok, here we go. Wat's up with my Direct3d (Directx) and my PC now runs slow as mollasses after i tried my first loading on the game and got a weird freak out of my PC and Directx? lol
    Gonna put me to work today I see! No worries i'll take a look and see what i can figure out. Wow, now my cursor is wigging out to.. hmmm. Must be a graphics driver issue. Somehow I think the new launchpad set-up crapped my game installation and my graphics driver as well as directx drivers. So who do i kick for this one! lol No big deal I will fix it and let you all know what's up so in case others get the same deal I am getting, they will know how to fix it.

  3. #123
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Idaho City,ID.
    Posts
    6
    Also having issues with security/permissions now for SWG. Working on it.
    Any tips on this would be great. Tried all the ideas and stuff I know with security and permissions (and i know a few things, Have associates in Computer Science, and working on my Bachelors right now..don't know all though! Just a bit.), and so far ... nodda. Everything has been working great up until I installed the new launchpad. This keeps popping up now, even though I have checked and re-checked all permissions and security settings.
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 10016
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Version: 6.1
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_DCOM_ACCESS_DENIED_IN_SERVER_ACTIVATION_OR_L AUNCH_PERMISSION
    Message: The %1 permission settings do not grant %2 %3 permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    %4
    to the user %5\%6 SID (%7) from address %8. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services snap-in.
    Last edited by Voskko; 11-24-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added info

  4. #124
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Voskko View Post
    Ok, here we go. Wat's up with my Direct3d (Directx) and my PC now runs slow as mollasses after i tried my first loading on the game and got a weird freak out of my PC and Directx? lol
    Gonna put me to work today I see! No worries i'll take a look and see what i can figure out. Wow, now my cursor is wigging out to.. hmmm. Must be a graphics driver issue. Somehow I think the new launchpad set-up crapped my game installation and my graphics driver as well as directx drivers. So who do i kick for this one! lol No big deal I will fix it and let you all know what's up so in case others get the same deal I am getting, they will know how to fix it.
    Direct3d error usually means that you need to change your game screen resolution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Voskko View Post
    Also having issues with security/permissions now for SWG. Working on it.
    Any tips on this would be great. Tried all the ideas and stuff I know with security and permissions (and i know a few things, Have associates in Computer Science, and working on my Bachelors right now..don't know all though! Just a bit.), and so far ... nodda. Everything has been working great up until I installed the new launchpad. This keeps popping up now, even though I have checked and re-checked all permissions and security settings.
    Product: Windows Operating System
    ID: 10016
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Version: 6.1
    Symbolic Name: EVENT_DCOM_ACCESS_DENIED_IN_SERVER_ACTIVATION_OR_L AUNCH_PERMISSION
    Message: The %1 permission settings do not grant %2 %3 permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    %4
    to the user %5\%6 SID (%7) from address %8. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services snap-in.
    What is all that? What is... Can you just use words like my Anti-Virus (name would be nice) is blocking launchpad or firewall or... Something else in English.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  5. #125
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Idaho City,ID.
    Posts
    6
    lol .. sorry I forget some don't quite understand some of that. For some reason something in my Windows 7 64 Bit set-up for security and permissions is not allowing launchpad FULL access and privileges that it requires in order to start swg. I think it has something to do with Microsoft Security Essentials though. I found an error log that deals with Security Essentials that is similar to an error and issue others have had. Looking more into it though. As for the the Direct 3d issue, still can't quite get that fixed, but i'm getting closer.

  6. #126
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Idaho City,ID.
    Posts
    6
    Ok, issue fixed. SWG, Launchpad, Video Drivers, and Directx are fine, not an issue with those. It was a glitch with file permissions and Microsoft Security Essentials. All I ended up having to do was go into my advanced file permissions and change setting for SWG executable and then Microsoft Security Essentials "allowed" it to load. The "glitch" in Security Essentials was not only stopping SWG, but it was stopping Directx as well. All good now, thank you for your response though Vlada.

  7. #127
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,045
    Always, always add SWGEmu launcher and swgemu.exe to any firewall and anti-virus exception list.

    I probably should add that in the guide.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  8. #128
    Dedicated Reano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    732
    I had no issues with installing the new Launch Pad, except i couldn't get it to find my profiles folder with copy and pasting. Solution was to close all instances, open launch pad, delete profiles from the launcher, close launch pad. Copy backed up Profiles folder into the new Launch folder. Restart launchpad and boom, there they are.

    Nice launchpad btw.

  9. #129
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    42
    Are the .tre files unchanged or does the new launchpad automatically download additional .tre files? I just started with the LPE and it worked fine.

  10. #130
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,045
    Quote Originally Posted by XwASabretooth View Post
    Are the .tre files unchanged or does the new launchpad automatically download additional .tre files? I just started with the LPE and it worked fine.
    LPE still works, but we wont be offering support for LPE based clients in a few weeks.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  11. #131
    I so screwed this up. Having to do a complete reinstall of the game. Are there any issues from a new install perspective for the new Launch Pad?

  12. #132
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
    I so screwed this up. Having to do a complete reinstall of the game. Are there any issues from a new install perspective for the new Launch Pad?
    Nope, none if you follow the guide.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  13. #133
    Junior Member RYK3RxDARREN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    288
    got everything installed correctly, thanks for all the hard work guys!
    General Leonidas Kalthos
    iDurzy,Leonidas',Vlaar,Viasac
    LGION/NRN
    Glory Glory Man United

  14. #134
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    69
    I'm still trying to get back in after the new LaunchPad was introduced. I've reinstalled, following the guide, three times. I still get a "Connection Closed" when it's trying to download files. *sigh* I'm running on linux in crossover. I even deleted the bottle. And created a new windows bottle.

    I filed a ticket and am now working with Niffer off and on to get it resolved. Wish me luck!
    Erom Irack
    Master Artisan / Master Scout / Master Droid Engineer
    Refugee From Scylla

  15. #135
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,045
    Niffer is nice, we generaly dont offer support for Linux.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts