+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Basilisk Publish 4 Merge - November 4th 2013

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'd just like to add my appreciation of the development team. I checked swgemu out about 2 years ago and it didn't really feel like the old swg. I returned on a whim and I've now been playing solidly for the last two weeks, joined a guild, seen the re-emergence of the wonderful community and now I'm going to head to the contribution section and chip in towards the upkeep of the server. I can't pay much but I would have paid a subscription for this game if it'd still been going.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to getting the game up and running again. It feels like a small evil is being eliminated from the world (ie. a universe without swg)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Any amount helps out this team of awesome people. I agree if it was sub based I too would pay, Thank you to all of you that help and play and keep this game alive! and I look forward to owning you on the battlefield :P
    Buche Maxwell
    Yarly
    Malfunction
    Puggy

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ...OK who broke it?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    wso very much like to know that myself.

Edit: I meant to say "I would very much like to know that myself."
    European RPer. Tried to move on to greener pastures, wound up amidst an empire in flames instead. Oops.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This game is so awesome and you guys have done an amazing job with the EMU! I will be adding more to my monthly contributions this month! Keep of the great work guys! ~ Joeker Lawson [Bio Engineer] Lakeside, Talus

Play Stats
    Inactive
    hey i dont get it from the patchnotes. do the mob armor go down now? when i damage them long enogh? or just whit fire?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Im loving the bounty hunter changes! consistently awesome stuff guys, thanks for all the hard work devs and contributors!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Who brought it down... again...?

Edit: And why did it have to happen when I tried to log in? Yes, I know I may have answered my original question...
    Last edited by DaloLorn; 11-05-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    European RPer. Tried to move on to greener pastures, wound up amidst an empire in flames instead. Oops.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsanders View Post
    Wohooooooooo!
    Woh00000000000000 not necessary my friend, nothing new was added to Basilisk with Publish 4. No new items no new resources only 2% of creatures available on Nova and a few bug fixes.

Wait until something worthwhile is added to Basilisk and I'll Wohoooooooooooo with you.

Absolutely right. Nothing really new has been merged. CH is a valid profession on Nova TC. Why didn't they merge CH to Basilisk?
    Actually what, exactly, did they merge to Basilisk?
    Last edited by Lolindir; 11-06-2013 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Double post

Quality Assurance - On Leave Halvix's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSRice View Post
    Absolutely right. Nothing really new has been merged. CH is a valid profession on Nova TC. Why didn't they merge CH to Basilisk?
    CH, taming and droids were added to Nova after Nova was wiped in preparation for the publish 4 merge. AI is in a very early phase of testing at this time. Just the other night a bug with droids caused Nova to crash at least twice, its far from ready to go to Basilisk. Please remember this is a volunteer project, meaning that the people writing the code are doing it in their own free time. If you would like to test any of the new features that have been added to Nova, please feel free to log on and test them, the more testers the sooner new content can be ready for merges.

As to what was added with the merge. Read the Patch Notes The list is quite long.
    Halvix
    Quality Assurance - On Leave

How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    halvix@swgemu.com | Monthly Testing Focus | Gerrit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSRice View Post
    Woh00000000000000 not necessary my friend, nothing new was added to Basilisk with Publish 4. No new items no new resources only 2% of creatures available on Nova and a few bug fixes.

Wait until something worthwhile is added to Basilisk and I'll Wohoooooooooooo with you.

That is your prerogative, but its hard to take you serious.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Retired SWGEmu Staff sgtfunkadelic's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks team emu!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    That is your prerogative, but its hard to take you serious.
    Wholeheartedly +1.

Some people are either trolling or too thick (or misinformed - to throw them a stick) to understand the development going on here.
    Vendor drop-off: /way -5036 2865 Naboo, 1350m from Theed

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I know most of this thread was positive. However, since it is the Publish 4 implementation/ merge thread, I will give my two credits here. I appreciate all the work here as well as all of the donations. Publish 4 has given me improvements in my game, making it more enjoyable.

I like artisan characters, and the most important part of this merge for my tailor/ droid engineer character (I know interesting combination) was the time remaining that a character can check on the buildings, vendors, and installations for maintenance or power. Yes, I could do the math, but I would rather be able to quick check and see I have 3 days or a week left for maintenance. That way I can add whatever I need quicker and go on with my business. It was something small that made a big difference. I'm sure other artisan players and even other players in general like this.

I also have a bounty hunter, and the merge certainly helps them quite a bit with their mission payouts being more proper. I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt, even if it is just PvE. So even though it is easier to do novice BH missions, I would much rather take longer and use droids with a 1xxx BH than a novice BH with a non-moving target that is instantly spotted by Spynet. They may not move far, but at least they move. I also do not really grind my characters much, so it is nice to get paid more for taking 1xxx with slicing. I didn't go 1xxx, until the merge. Maybe I should have done it sooner, but from what I understand, the pay wasn't in it. Right now, the BH is the bread winner since tailoring is still new to me. Also being male hurts with colors. The tailor toon being female* doesn't magically help. :P

These may be little things, but they add up for me. Also it is one step closer to a complete game. We may or may not get CH/DE implemented like we all want for publish 5, but we are at least closer to it. There is obviously still a need for lots of testing and coding. But this is a project by the fans (and the people who love to code) for the fans. Sure you can be demanding and complain, but it doesn't make it the right route or even correct. Whenever someone gives up their free time to benefit others, I appreciate it. It doesn't matter if I benefit or not from it, although in this case I do. I thank everyone who helped make Publish 4 possible, helped make everything before Publish 4 happen, and will help make everything after Publish 4 happen.

*I like creating characters with a background, and that sometimes calls for female toons. The BH and tailor are sisters that take after their late father's two very different roles in the galaxy, business and a strong involvement in the GCW.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you EMU Team I really appreciate all the work you have done and are doing and will be doing.
    Thank you Very Much

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information