Closed Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Play Stats
    1074h last 30d
    OK EMU without JTL for me.

One question for 1.0: how many starting characters for 1 account? 1 or 2? Has this been decided yet?

Thank you to the DEVELOPERS . Great job!

Opith

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Superser View Post
    OK EMU without JTL for me.

One question for 1.0: how many starting characters for 1 account? 1 or 2? Has this been decided yet?

Thank you to the DEVELOPERS . Great job!

Opith
    We will not be discussing the final config of our new server until we are ready to do so. There is no value in slowly confirming or denying individual things all over in random posts. It’s not fair to the other 90% of the population that doesn’t read the forums. When we’re ready there will be detailed spec plus processes described for how the server will be ran etc.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    680h last 30d
    Wish one day we can receive a Sorosuub Yacht to use only with player travel terminals.

No launch in space... just to use on a space travel route map.
    https://tinyurl.com/4mbn92a3
    DROP /way corellia -454, 0, -5454
    Paintings Guide - POI Badge Guide

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    We will not be discussing the final config of our new server until we are ready to do so. There is no value in slowly confirming or denying individual things all over in random posts. It’s not fair to the other 90% of the population that doesn’t read the forums. When we’re ready there will be detailed spec plus processes described for how the server will be ran etc.
    If only we could get folks to even OCCASIONALLY read the forums!!! I logged in last night in the middle of a semi-frantic discussion on genchat with someone going on about the upcoming wipe to Basilisk and another NEW player saying that they didn't want to bother playing at all if everything would be lost soon.

I tried to console the new player (getting continued argument from the other) that there is no current plan for a wipe and yes technically when 1.0/Suncrusher comes out it's a wipe because we're starting from scratch, but there is no set timeline so it's not going to be anytime soon (1-2 years???). Also mentioned what I'd read with all the JTL hubbrub that it's POSSIBLE Basilisk may live on as is even with Suncrusher. I suggested the BOTH read the forums occasionally and especially the 2 JTL threads (this and the original now closed one).

I said nobody knows and nothing is set in stone so for now JUST HAVE FUN, and with your 10 character slots use this opportunity to explore other factions, professions, etc.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by makednoce View Post
    Is planetary flight unavailable as well?
    planetary was never even in the game until right before SWG Shut down. think the devs thought "wtf why not"

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Could you guys negotiate something with SOE/******. They give us the JTL engine, but to run it you need to pay a nominal fee to ******/SOE? The ground game will be free, but you need to pay to access space? Consider it a SWGEmu expansion pack

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    Could you guys negotiate something with SOE/******. They give us the JTL engine, but to run it you need to pay a nominal fee to ******/SOE? The ground game will be free, but you need to pay to access space? Consider it a SWGEmu expansion pack
    I don't see that happening. Don't get me wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    That's what you have me for! For the 2% of the playerbase that follow my channel and not the forums!

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by xirad View Post
    If only we could get folks to even OCCASIONALLY read the forums!!! I logged in last night in the middle of a semi-frantic discussion on genchat with someone going on about the upcoming wipe to Basilisk and another NEW player saying that they didn't want to bother playing at all if everything would be lost soon.

I tried to console the new player (getting continued argument from the other) that there is no current plan for a wipe and yes technically when 1.0/Suncrusher comes out it's a wipe because we're starting from scratch, but there is no set timeline so it's not going to be anytime soon (1-2 years???). Also mentioned what I'd read with all the JTL hubbrub that it's POSSIBLE Basilisk may live on as is even with Suncrusher. I suggested the BOTH read the forums occasionally and especially the 2 JTL threads (this and the original now closed one).

I said nobody knows and nothing is set in stone so for now JUST HAVE FUN, and with your 10 character slots use this opportunity to explore other factions, professions, etc.
    only about 15% of swgemu playerbase ever come back here to read forums after installing , they come back if there's an issue or to keep track of Trade forums.
    I think there is a clear message on the main page about wipes and what not, Mobyus repeats it in many of his videos but many still think 1.0 is in a year or 2 well its way farther then that 3 or 4 years unless developers recruiting goes great and the team gets bigger getting more work done.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Could it be possible to reach out to Day Break Games, and ask if anyone would like to assist us in their spare time?

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You really do not want anyone at daybreak fiddling with anything resembling sane code.
    They laid off their most talented ones, when they shut down development of Everquest Next, Landmark and H1Z1 (survival mode).
    Daybreak is even a worse sh**show than SOE customer service (I heard rumors they did exist). Stay FAR FAR AWAY from them.

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Daybreak games days are numbered ,the devs that worked on SWG are all tied up contractually and cant work on the swgemu project or they can risk lawsuits or even put the swgemu staff in more danger,

im searching on my end for passionate Star wars modders devs that could help out like those of the Freeworlds TC of Freelancer these guys rock with all star systems in the universe , about 300 flyable highly detailed ships

Freeworlds devs video

Last edited by Walking carpet; 09-13-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
    Daybreak games days are numbered ,the devs that worked on SWG are all tied up contractually and cant work on the swgemu project or they can risk lawsuits or even put the swgemu staff in more danger,

im searching on my end for passionate Star wars modders devs that could help out like those of the Freeworlds TC of Freelancer these guys rock with all star systems in the universe , about 300 flyable highly detailed ships

Freeworlds devs video

So you are saying that we could possibly have a JTL-like game made? I would be ok with a space game that is similar to JTL. It took the dev's this long to emulate the ground game, I think people would be ok with a non 100% emulated space game.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by shilo View Post
    So you are saying that we could possibly have a JTL-like game made? I would be ok with a space game that is similar to JTL. It took the dev's this long to emulate the ground game, I think people would be ok with a non 100% emulated space game.
    You can play Freelancer right now. I've enjoyed some of the mods from it. But it isn't something you can slot in.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Also, X-Wing Alliance and the rest of the X-Wing/TIE Fighter series are available on GOG.com for pretty cheap. They're the games JTL was based on in the first place.

Closed Thread

Thread Information