Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SWG Murder Trial and Wake

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you for the event !! It was great fun. So happy to be a part of the community back then, and now! Thank you as well for the stories you all shared. Was really touching, that's what makes this game so special; The people.
    @'Kam: I'm still laughing bout your story :P
    I like boring things - Andy Warhol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you Ann-gee, Dara, Trinda and Jaxut for there acting abilities it was fantastic, and to the gentleman earlier, no the event was run by <SoE> a player based guild and the decorations were by Kreen of SWGEmu. As in any game we have to abide by the rules, you had to and so do we. It was very stressful for those involved to get it to work smoothly like it did. Again wonderful work guys im a proud member (Acting Guild Leader) of SoE.

Retired SWGEmu Staff rigormortus's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    My first event as A full EC. tho a lil spammy at times it was a good event thank you to all who came out and supported live events like this.
    Hopefully new and more non combat events will be done in the new year!
    rigormortus
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    To everyone who worked so hard, and to Kreen and others behind the scenes - thank you all very much indeed, for a fun event..

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kiapan View Post
    To everyone who worked so hard, and to Kreen and others behind the scenes - thank you all very much indeed, for a fun event..
    Yea, laying on the ground Fozen due to the mis-administration of an event is not my idea of a fun time. The content featured at this event was also quite rude and sounded somewhat angry (if you had even the slightest bit of respect for the imagination of George Lucas that is).

But I'm glad you enjoyed it! =)
    "The Force will be with you. Always." ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Starwalker Land

Artisan <TRADE>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rigormortus View Post
    My first event as A full EC. tho a lil spammy at times it was a good event thank you to all who came out and supported live events like this.
    Hopefully new and more non combat events will be done in the new year!
    Rigor, thank you and Kreen for all your hard work. We appreciate it so much! Gratz to us that your first 'official' event was OURS!! I'm sure that we will come to have a great relationship as we plan to try to have some sort of event each month... and YES! that was a warning as well as an invitation

Play Stats
    99h last 30d
    This was a great event, from start to finish! Over the years i've attended many player events, but this was by far the most original. By far! From the second i entered the court room i was amazed at how much hard work went into it. The entire star wars universe was in attendance! And it was obvious to anyone who paid attention that as much work went into the decor, even more went into the content of the trial. It was both funny and entertaining, with a surprise twist at the end! Great job guys n gals.

Tbh i didn't really know what to expect from the 'wake' after the trial, but i found many of the stories to be deeply moving. I thought folks were just gonna tell funny swg stories from when they were nubs or whatever, but it turned into something much more. My obligations in another mmo have ramped up lately, so i'm unable to log into the emu as much as i would like, but i knew from the moment i saw this in the event calendar that i should make time for it, and i certainly wasn't disappointed! Yall made my week with this event, thank u very much for the hard work and for hosting this great event!

And to the crybaby a few posts above...you seemingly did all you could to disrupt the trial with your yelling...do u not understand that you're STILL acting inappropriately by whining in this very thread? Go back to wow where u belong, and leave this game to the grown ups!

So as to not end on that note, once again a huge THANK YOU to the event hosts and the EC's. I have no earthly idea how yall plan to top this event, but i cannot wait to see what's next!

*edit* Oh i almost forgot. I went back into the courtroom after the fireworks show ended to take a few screenshots... and i noticed the 'neatest' decoration of all... Sitting next to the prosecutor's chair on the floor was a locked briefcase. Lol i don't know why, but it really cracked me up. Such attention to detail! Great event!
    Last edited by kamsolusar; 12-15-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    'Kam Solusar' <-VF->
    Shadowfire server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by landsteven View Post
    Yea, laying on the ground Fozen due to the mis-administration of an event is not my idea of a fun time. The content featured at this event was also quite rude and sounded somewhat angry (if you had even the slightest bit of respect for the imagination of George Lucas that is).

But I'm glad you enjoyed it! =)
    Land, I so apologize that your experience was not what you hoped it would be! But in all fairness, this WAS advertised as a TRIAL OF GEORGE LUCAS. We were having FUN... maybe thats not a concept you're familiar with ?!? Of course GL was a visionary and has produced great things (i.e. everything Star Wars!), but as a player who beta tested the game and played through launch, CU, and NGE... I lost alot of respect for the powers that be due to the fact that the game had become clones of other games instead of the the game it began as, which was SO original and different from all the other MMO's. Anyway, 'nuff ranting about that

If there was a case of mistaken identity, I apologize for that. But many of the other attendees were very rude and disruptive with their movements and chatting throughout the presentation which made it very hard for the actors to get through their lines. All in all, we certainly appreciate that you took the time to attend our event even though your experience was less than perfect!! We do hope that one of our future events is something that you would like!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well as stated before I love the community of SWGEmu and the new friends i have made here, and I love that people with a sense of humor enjoyed themselves today. Topping this will be hard, and probably wont happen lol, we do have a list of varied programs we are working on for the future and as always <SoE> works hard to make it a fun day no matter what we do. Any suggestions as to what we can do is appreciated and a mail to Ann-gee or Evve in game is appreciated. We try best to please :-)

Play Stats
    99h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann-gee View Post
    But many of the other attendees were very rude and disruptive with their movements and chatting throughout the presentation which made it very hard for the actors to get through their lines.
    In all honesty...for me personally it was all i could do to not stand up and /shout THAT'S IT! GET A ROPE!!! The actors were very very convincing lol. If 'gorge and i had both been overt, i highly doubt that i would've been able to restrain myself!
    'Kam Solusar' <-VF->
    Shadowfire server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    LMAO me too

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    Yes, when you run around in circles for several minutes prone (along with other disruptive players who were doing so), you face possible repercussion for disrupting an event.

Then instead of taking your punishment and waiting out the few minutes remaining in the event, you started to spam and cry.

By attending these events, you agree to be bound by the rules and not to disrupt it. If you disrupt the event, at the discretion of the coordinators, you can be removed from it. I'm sorry you had a bad time and I'm sorry you couldn't just stand or sit in place and enjoy things.

Other than that, it was a lot of fun! I loved the acting and trial =)
    Kreen, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! As always, you have made us proud to be in the 'event' business!! Looking forward to the next one

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks everyone who went through so much trouble to organize this event. It was great! And best of all was the story sharing afterwards. It reminds me how great the SWG community was, is and hopefully will remain! The immature event spoilers only served to emphasize the greatness of the rest of the attendees ;-)
    SWG Radiant: Sauska
    SWGemu: Sauska/Cosita Borealis, drop-off vendor -4954 5709 near Theed, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann-gee View Post
    Land, I so apologize that your experience was not what you hoped it would be! But in all fairness, this WAS advertised as a TRIAL OF GEORGE LUCAS. We were having FUN... maybe thats not a concept you're familiar with ?!? Of course GL was a visionary and has produced great things (i.e. everything Star Wars!), but as a player who beta tested the game and played through launch, CU, and NGE... I lost a lot of respect for the powers that be due to the fact that the game had become clones of other games instead of the the game it began as, which was SO original and different from all the other MMO's. Anyway, 'nuff ranting about that

If there was a case of mistaken identity, I apologize for that. But many of the other attendees were very rude and disruptive with their movements and chatting throughout the presentation which made it very hard for the actors to get through their lines. All in all, we certainly appreciate that you took the time to attend our event even though your experience was less than perfect!! We do hope that one of our future events is something that you would like!!
    Ann-gee, thank you for your response and I appreciate the fact that you can empathize with my situation. Yes, there was clearly a mistake of identity. I accept this apology as this is way more than I received in-game when this issue occurred.

Also, for the record the only reason I ended up having to shout was to be released from the event. By that point I had determined that I was ready to leave and did not wish to spend any more time at the event. A player should always be allowed to make his/her way through the game world, as long as they are playing by the rules and terms. Over the years I have participated in many game events in SWG Pre-CU (as a Master Droid Engineer on Starsider) FFXI, FFXIV, SWTOR, etc. I have never experienced being trapped or having my game experience altered to force me into some type of penalty box by another player with Admin privileges!

Unfortunately, it did take 4 or 5 shouts to convince Kreen to release me. Which she did so by then killing me. So, I too apologize for the shouting for my part.

Thanks again for your kind response,
    Last edited by landsteven; 12-16-2012 at 01:56 AM.
    "The Force will be with you. Always." ~ Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Starwalker Land

Artisan <TRADE>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You will probably soon learn that video games and forums are not a democracy. You disrupted an event and you were punished. If you feel like you were unjustly punished, feel free to submit an email to complaints@swgemu.com and explain why you feel that way. The forums are not a good medium to express your anger.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

Thread Information