Closed Thread

Thread: Public Engine3 without time restrictions

Hybrid View

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Aso View Post
    I'm very happy to see this change, but at the same time I'm cautiously optimistic. I have the same concerns as others have mentioned regarding custom Jedi systems.

Reckoning's custom lua scripts are 100% separate from Core3 and located in a separate directory. This was done to prevent merge conflicts with SWGEmu. Essentially, if the scripts are there, Core3 loads them, if not, Core3 goes about its business. These lua scripts are not modifications of Core3 source code nor are they required by Core 3 to run. So from reading the AGPL license, they look to be exempt. Grant it, I'm no lawyer. This is just the way the license reads, along with info I've found online regarding AGPL. I'm hoping for further clarification if this is not the case.

I have no problems integrating our NGE content into Core3 for others to use so it becomes part of the "source", but my main goal is to protect the mystery of our Jedi system.
    We are working on separating the scripts/data from the main core3 project for them to be under a different license that would allow servers to have their own custom "hidden" content.
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 04-20-2015 at 01:36 PM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnswer View Post
    We are working on separating the scripts/data from the main core3 project for them to be under a different license that would allow servers to have their own custom "hidden" content.
    Thanks for clarifying. I'm working on getting a public repository up and knowing some of the details ahead of time certainly helps.

Closed Thread

Thread Information