Closed Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Timeline

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Haven't been playing for too long on EMU myself, enjoying it deeply and love the feeling of having SWG back. My only question is, when Basilisk is wiped, will characters and progress be moved to new full server or have to start it up all over again? There are others who have done alot more work than I have but, just curious.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Basilisk WILL be wiped completely. If they transfer characters and things over they may also transfer some of the old code with it, which could cause problems (to my understanding). So I think it would be safe to say that NO, they will not transfer characters over. It will be a fresh start with the new code in place. But please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That's been pretty much the standard answer since Basilisk came online last summer. When 1.0 comes out, there will be a wipe and we start over.

Curently Cirrwarr (Wookiee) & Zeep (Rodian) in game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A fresh new beginning.It will be great,I'm so looking forward to it.
    I started playing in early beta,and played until a month after NGE.I stayed a month,and gave it a try.Don't know why i kept my copies of the game.Just didn't have the heart to toss them.So glad I did.
    Evilsam
    Avalon,Naboo
    Vendors Avalon,Naboo 1560 X 6813
    Cnet vendors 252 X -5588

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilsam View Post
    A fresh new beginning.It will be great,I'm so looking forward to it.
    I started playing in early beta,and played until a month after NGE.I stayed a month,and gave it a try.Don't know why i kept my copies of the game.Just didn't have the heart to toss them.So glad I did.
    I know exactly what you mean.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemolus Parfarfa View Post
    I know exactly what you mean.
    +2

Actually maybe the long wait between the end of the official game and the start of this one will be perfect. it may make the original novel feeling most of us probably had, of that first step into the swg universe, that much better.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Have been on basilisk for a week now, and i must say that the old SWG feeling is back, what a amazing job the devs have done.
    even though it has been many years since i played swg. (week after cu) i am feeling at home, and are enjoying my self so much, and it is still fun hunting with friends.
    Keep up the good work, i think this is gonna be epic.
    english issnt my native language so sorry for any misspells and such.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just got into the Emu myself and I love what they've done so far. I played Galaxies from release and missed the game a lot. So glad to see it back in the exact form I love.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I personally have been waiting for this since the destruction of the original SWG .. thanks so much to you all for the hard work and persistence in recreating a game we all loved so much!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm in my 60's and I'm making damn sure that I maintain my health so that I can finally see the finished game and start afresh on SunCrusher. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy doing my thing on Basilisk and NOVA and honing my crafting skills.
    That's Ma'am to you shorty! I like my males tall, hairy, old and grumpy!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Merigold View Post
    I'm in my 60's and I'm making damn sure that I maintain my health so that I can finally see the finished game and start afresh on SunCrusher. In the meantime, I'm perfectly happy doing my thing on Basilisk and NOVA and honing my crafting skills.
    Amazing! What a privilege to have you here!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Merigold View Post
    I am 35 and I feel like a child when I read this, it is amazing to see how the game manage to keep people hooked no matter how old they are. This game is awesome and so the community that stick with it

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikaito View Post
    I am 35 and I feel like a child when I read this, it is amazing to see how the game manage to keep people hooked no matter how old they are. This game is awesome and so the community that stick with it
    The only reason there are few older people playing video games is simply because they did not grow up with them. The average age of gamers will continue to rise as those of us who grew up with gaming age.
    I got an early start in the the late 70's and early 80's gaming on my Intellivision, C64, TRS COCO and more.

Get used to us
    Spacely's Sprockets
    Dropoff: 5498, 6164 500m S of Kaadara, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive

Great Job

Was looking at starting a new guild on Basilisk and I find out from my new recruits after poking around asking folks for a while that there is no end game jedi ch be de etc on the server!

I wonder when SunCrusher will do just that?
    Im sure my guild can carry over but shouldnt there be a timeframe on the wipe?!

Played SWG when it came out when i was maybe 13 years old they dont make them like this anymore.

Just playing on Basilisk brings back memories and also makes me wonder why I dont even care to watch an Elder Scrolls Vid!

This games spine should be applied to any new game coming to market.
    from 2003 (SCOUT!)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i'm 62, anyone older?

Closed Thread

Thread Information