Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Event] "Friday" Fight Night! 5/1/11

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by korimor View Post
    I know! Have next battle on bridges in the Dune Sea, would help with the fires XD

Hey at least these battles arent like nova. Nova pvp was essiantally raves with all the glowsticks and trippy force powers all over.
    I prefer novas pvp. Jedi made less of an impact.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Last night was awesome, it was amazing being in vent as well putting voices to players names.
    I found it funny that all the jedi are twelve xD

Korimor thinks he's better then everyone though, he was screaming "NON JEDI WTF R U DOING RUN FORWARD U MEAT SHIELDS", which I thought was abit too much.

Over all good event though!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    It would be a lot more fun but for fires. I spent the whole time healing wounds and keeping up camps for tending wounds, and the camps were FULL of mind fire victims. Was kinda silly. Blankets ran out super fast.

I wish DOT's were ultra rare, but still had a lot of fun.
    Actually that was EXTREMELY helpful to the Rebels. And a perfect example of teamwork.

Good job Big.

<NINE>
    Visit NINE Mall outside cNet @ 666, -5300

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Bring more Doctors and People who know how to play,

DoT problem Solved.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by badshrooms View Post
    Bring more Doctors and People who know how to play,

DoT problem Solved.
    ... Not exactly.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    80% of the field on both sides was not in energy/stun pvp armor - People need to know how to play

More Doctors and wt speed tapes in this pvp gear with rifles = front line fire extinguishers

More of them and fires will only take out the casual players

-
    -
    -
    Last edited by badshrooms; 05-02-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by badshrooms View Post
    80% of the field on both sides was not in energy/stun pvp armor - People need to know how to play

More Doctors and wt speed tapes in this pvp gear with rifles = front line fire extinguishers

More of them and fires will only take out the casual players

-
    -
    -
    See, none of that is necessary. Sure there need to be a few more docs with fire cures. I have one better for you though. The Event needs to have a wider area where players fight in. This way players can move AROUND the crowd. During the event I was charging the crowd of 20-30+ rebels head on, I did it about 15-20 times during the event. Most of the rebels were playin it safe... same with imps... I wasn't lol.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like how 1 jedi in there. (me) was 16. Maximus is a girl. Cemcantar, not 12. Mekks, not 12.

idk what your talking about I was just trying to help cause as soon as one or two of the jedi would retreat to heal EVERYONE would take off running back too instead of staying and fighting. All of my guild agreed half of you didn't know what you were doing so that is why we left and after that the rebels started winning. Okay? thanks
    I actually like 'give and take' battles like that.

Where you inch forward a few minutes, and are pushed back a tad moments later. Then /repeat.

<NINE>

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    At the start of the battle imps where whoopin up on us. They had a few extra numbers, and a few more real pvpers. Ended up pushing us back to our base and almost getting control of it. But I agree soon as noma showed up we had 5 jedi and decided to rush, that pushed em back for good.

I see tons of ppl running around with no armor and no skills really. I wish these ppl would gear up better before the battles but I guess it does not matter long as they have fun! Was nice to see other storm jedi on. AZ can not support the imps on his own!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like how 1 jedi in there. (me) was 16. Maximus is a girl. Cemcantar, not 12. Mekks, not 12.

idk what your talking about I was just trying to help cause as soon as one or two of the jedi would retreat to heal EVERYONE would take off running back too instead of staying and fighting. All of my guild agreed half of you didn't know what you were doing so that is why we left and after that the rebels started winning. Okay? thanks
    Yeah, I'm 21... I don't think any of the jedi were 12... lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I will confess, the reason the battlefields are the "give and take" narrow types is so that I can monitor it easier and summon back those who exploit out of the walls. Though yesterday's field was definitely not my best... I overslept and was pressed for time, and I made it a bit narrow

While Tatooine is gonna be a hard planet, most all of the future battles are going to take place near bodies of water to help deal with the fire issues.
    Kreen
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Roleplay Federation | Current Events | Report Bugs

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreen View Post
    I will confess, the reason the battlefields are the "give and take" narrow types is so that I can monitor it easier and summon back those who exploit out of the walls. Though yesterday's field was definitely not my best... I overslept and was pressed for time, and I made it a bit narrow

While Tatooine is gonna be a hard planet, most all of the future battles are going to take place near bodies of water to help deal with the fire issues.
    Make no apologies. Big wide open places can be boring unless you have defined groups, advanced planning, understanding of battlefield tactics, and proper toon selection to support such warfare.

With such an ecclectic group, a more "choke point" oriented format makes sense, and is easier to control as you stated. Maybe in the future with more defined guild structures and teams set up for such battles, things such as large open warfare can take place.

I understand the previously stated desires for proper flanking ability, freedom of movement, and other considerations, but hey man....we got to do some fighting. hehe. All in good time and with more planning by players, not just staff, it will all come to fruition.

Hooya.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive

Using walls to confine the battle is good. Very good.

For every negative critique, there are a dozen or more giving your events two thumbs up.

<NINE>

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I really have 0 criticism about the events (besides the @kill power buuuuttt...). My only criticism is with numbers and all that carebear garbage but hey, nothing we can do but hope some imperials start playing.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Meh, Better buy some better diseases then!

Just make it so the water is off to the side or at a re-treatable location, it Would be lame if the entire fight was in a lake...
    -
    -
    -
    WHY are Fires an Issue? They are in-game systems that more than half of the players have invested time into gathering. Thats like saying every one should gain some natural lightsaber resistance because they hurt so bad.

Not our fault that players cant coordinate doctors and fire heals, I didnt let a fire take me to more than half black bar on any stat before I dealt with it...

Thread Information