Closed Thread

Thread: VPNs and our services

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastburn View Post
    We're asking that your traffic to us goes outside the VPN, that doesn't mean you can't keep it running for whatever else you might want to do. Most of these services have the ability to exclude a IP from routing through the VPN.
    Can you provide the ip or hostname that needs to be blocked, or a port used? I have my VPN configured in router and need to unblock there.

The reason I asked if the client scans a local network is that, while I respect the TOS and such, I expect some respect when it comes to the privacy of the devices on my network. Having a game run as a network scanner is not good, and I'm looking for some assurance that it isn't one. I'm defining network scanner as software that will scan route tables or take client IP and ping subnet with it for results.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinDuke View Post
    Can you provide the ip or hostname that needs to be blocked, or a port used? I have my VPN configured in router and need to unblock there.

The reason I asked if the client scans a local network is that, while I respect the TOS and such, I expect some respect when it comes to the privacy of the devices on my network. Having a game run as a network scanner is not good, and I'm looking for some assurance that it isn't one. I'm defining network scanner as software that will scan route tables or take client IP and ping subnet with it for results.
    We don't do anything on client side but to be clear most modern games do!
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyinDuke View Post
    I think you mean excluded, but it should be what you see in your Launchpad > Settings > Login Servers > Click SWGEMU > Click Edit > Should show Hostname and Port that need to be excluded.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information