Closed Thread

Thread: VPNs and our services

Hybrid View

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rease View Post
    My ISP provide a dynamic IP. I asked some friend to check, all of them in France, cambodge and Japan have DynIP.

The hotel in Singapour is using a VPN or not. Some providers may be classified as VPN without being one (Like Shadow.tech or my hotel using a Provider classified as VPN/proxy).
    I asked a friend (Thx HQbuffs), there is no real easy way to detect a VPN user without having a lot of false positive. But I trust the staff to find a way, I never doubt, they are good.

My puropose is about freedom, not about tech skills. It's a patriot swgemu act problem and I will fight against it even if I'm not so much IG active anymore.

I can't wait to see suncrusher and move on.
    Every ISP gives you dynamic IP unless you request and pay for static one. Dynamic usually only changes your last number in IP.

I think you are just mad, because you cant bot the **** out of this game anymore. We literally have someone in our guild playing from Thailand and he has no issues what so ever.

Even if you are legit getting screwed by this lordkators creation, it cleanses this project of cancer that is multi accounting. Next step is way to stop approved multi accounting, because the protocol in place right now is very very flawed. Hope the almighty lordaligator can fix that for us aswell.

I said it before and I'll say it again lordkator is exactly what this project needed.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Surrena View Post
    Every ISP gives you dynamic IP unless you request and pay for static one. Dynamic usually only changes your last number in IP.

I think you are just mad, because you cant bot the **** out of this game anymore. We literally have someone in our guild playing from Thailand and he has no issues what so ever.
    Mad for what? I still sell Janta buff to Docs, buisness never stop for me. So I'm not mad about IG situation, nothing really changed (Just guildmates are stoping months after months but I can't do nothing about that) !!! I don't understand what you said (sorry for my poor english skills again)
    I spent 3 wonderfull years IG. It's twice time to swgemu than swg Live so I just say thanks for that !

When I made my ticket, Swgemu support never said I didn't have a problem, they can see it. You missunderstand because you don't know all the story.
    I don't have issues to login from thailand, now.
    Unlike you, I donated every month to support the project and Yes the team is doing a great job.
    May be, there is other way to prevent multi: Like sms check or other ways I don't know because I'm a diving instructor retired, not a computer professionnal.

By the way, I see the same bots. But lately I'm not so much IG, so may be it's just in Datho outpost and in the other place they vanished.

Even if you are legit getting screwed by this lordkators creation, it cleanses this project of cancer that is multi accounting. Next step is way to stop approved multi accounting, because the protocol in place right now is very very flawed. Hope the almighty lordaligator can fix that for us aswell.

I said it before and I'll say it again lordkator is exactly what this project needed.
    "screwed" is a little rude, It's just unconfortable, when I'm travelling. At home everything is fine now (thanks for the help of the support team again).

@lordkator
    I'm sure you do your best. I never doubt about that.
    Like I reapeat again I would wish the dev team could have find another way. I'm not legit VPN multi-accounts !!!
    I'm sure managing "collateral damage" is easier than running after VPN multi accounts users. May be it's the best way for a clean server.
    Running a server, I don't have the skills and your patience

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rease View Post
    Mad for what? I still sell Janta buff to Docs, buisness never stop for me. So I'm not mad about IG situation, nothing really changed (Just guildmates are stoping months after months but I can't do nothing about that) !!! I don't understand what you said (sorry for my poor english skills again)
    I spent 3 wonderfull years IG. It's twice time to swgemu than swg Live so I just say thanks for that !

When I made my ticket, Swgemu support never said I didn't have a problem, they can see it. You missunderstand because you don't know all the story.
    I don't have issues to login from thailand, now.
    Unlike you, I donated every month to support the project and Yes the team is doing a great job.
    May be, there is other way to prevent multi: Like sms check or other ways I don't know because I'm a diving instructor retired, not a computer professionnal.

By the way, I see the same bots. But lately I'm not so much IG, so may be it's just in Datho outpost and in the other place they vanished.

"screwed" is a little rude, It's just unconfortable, when I'm travelling. At home everything is fine now (thanks for the help of the support team again).

@lordkator
    I'm sure you do your best. I never doubt about that.
    Like I reapeat again I would wish the dev team could have find another way. I'm not legit VPN multi-accounts !!!
    I'm sure managing "collateral damage" is easier than running after VPN multi accounts users. May be it's the best way for a clean server.
    Running a server, I don't have the skills and your patience
    Ok people keep saying I dont donate... I donated in past this is not my first account (i asked niffer to close my previous one because I forgot logins, last played on liberator) I dont feel like donating now, because I really dont enjoy basilisk...but rest assured I'll donate atleast subscription value once 1.0 is released or basilisk wiped.

There are other means to prevent multi accounting, lordkators way is probably one of the most elegant ones out there.
    Last edited by lordkator; 02-01-2020 at 09:13 AM. Reason: inappropriate language

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you guys for all of your donated time, skill, and resources to getting and keeping up the servers. I have had a great experience playing except for the false VPN flags I get while at work. We have a firewall that I have configured to not block anything coming from my computer, but I *sometimes* get a message about using a VPN and against rules. I know our IP hasn't changed (Static 1GB from AT&T Business), and all of our outbound traffic shows as a single IP. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does. I was able to get in this morning and just tried to login with a multiple instance and got the VPN message. I do play at home as well, so if you look at my logs, it will show that. Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance!

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellMW View Post
    Thank you guys for all of your donated time, skill, and resources to getting and keeping up the servers. I have had a great experience playing except for the false VPN flags I get while at work. We have a firewall that I have configured to not block anything coming from my computer, but I *sometimes* get a message about using a VPN and against rules. I know our IP hasn't changed (Static 1GB from AT&T Business), and all of our outbound traffic shows as a single IP. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes it does. I was able to get in this morning and just tried to login with a multiple instance and got the VPN message. I do play at home as well, so if you look at my logs, it will show that. Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance!
    Please EVERYONE, work with support, this thread is not a place to get support on this issue.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information