Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    wouldn't a wipe reduce costs?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by avimeso View Post
    wouldn't a wipe reduce costs?
    Yes, getting rid of Basilisk completely would reduce our costs by as much as 70% if not more, and if our financial situation doesn't improve that will be the next logical step.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Yes, getting rid of Basilisk completely would reduce our costs by as much as 70% if not more, and if our financial situation doesn't improve that will be the next logical step.
    I hope it doesn't get to that... There are people of us that believe in project and that are paying as much as we can... it's a shame that many of our community takes it for granted but I really hope you guys don't pull a plug on bas, at least don't until suncrusher is ready to fly.
    Chef:Food and Drinks / Bio-Engineer:Pets, Foods, StimPacks, VitalityPacks // Vendors @ -IO- Imperial Outpost Tatooine:/way -1924 -6596 Santee's Place

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbab View Post
    . There are people of us that believe in project and that are paying as much as we can... .
    imho, we need to utilize our social media more often to ask--or at least remind--people to donate $$$

There are tons of community members on our Facebook and Discord and YouTube who don't even know about the 'donation button' here on the website. (or they just forget)

I think it's admirable how much SWGEmu has kept things low-key and not really "begged" for donations or whatever. But these are desperate times, no?

No shame in respectfully reminding/notifying our extended community (who don't login to forums everyday) about the need for not-for-profit donations still.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    imho, we need to utilize our social media more often to ask--or at least remind--people to donate $$$

There are tons of community members on our Facebook and Discord and YouTube who don't even know about the 'donation button' here on the website. (or they just forget)

I think it's admirable how much SWGEmu has kept things low-key and not really "begged" for donations or whatever. But these are desperate times, no?

No shame in respectfully reminding/notifying our extended community (who don't login to forums everyday) about the need for not-for-profit donations still.
    Spread the word:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvApXUMKqX8

Play Stats
    261h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    Thx Mob great (yes and somber) vid! I see you Kaadara SWIPErs out there! Come visit NIKA more often, its a fun place to play!!!

I have other questions, since this post should be more about funding than the bickering its caused (eye on the prize ladies and gentlemen).

Is SWGEmu set up as a non-profit organization (501c3 per us tax code) or is it possible to do so?

Next, to what extent is the emu allowed to collect funds (i.e. Ad based support, GoFundMe, etc)? I noticed it said non-profit on the paypal page.

Last, are there any emu members who can provide services the group instead of having to pay each month for them (lawyers, accountants, etc)?

I hope we can all come up with some creative solutions to the problem maybe to help with it on a long term basis. We do have a great think tank here so we should use it.

Gotta go order pizza now. Thanks!!

Caio!!
    Last edited by Misk Brebran; 10-15-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    Thx Mob great (yes and somber) vid! I see you Kaadara SWIPErs out there! Come visit NIKA more often, its a fun place to play!!!

I have other questions, since this post should be more about funding than the bickering its caused (eye on the prize ladies and gentlemen).

Is SWGEmu set up as a non-profit organization (501c3 per us tax code) or is it possible to do so?

Next, to what extent is the emu allowed to collect funds (i.e. Ad based support, GoFundMe, etc)? I noticed it said non-profit on the paypal page.

Last, are there any emu members who can provide services the group instead of having to pay each month for them (lawyers, accountants, etc)?

I hope we can all come up with some creative solutions to the problem maybe to help with it on a long term basis. We do have a great think tank here so we should use it.

Caio!!
    SWGEmu is a registered NPO in Hungary atm. We have always used PayPal, and only PayPal to collect donations. This is the first time in 14 years we've openly asked for them.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Caio!!
    If everyone who played on Bas just skipped one pizza a month and donated that money we'd be fine.

Food for thought...
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive

Caio!!
    As Misk stated- it may be worth checking into what skills / credentials our player base has in the realm of lawyers, accountants, etc.

In the last financial report https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207044 those fees represented about 20% of the costs at $7200. Surely we have some CPAs who perhaps could donate their time.
    Last edited by Kaolin; 10-21-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Kaolin Aneban

Former Ahazi

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    Can't help but think this is partially responsible for the giant green bar at the top of the page now xD
    Discord: Kurgol#2337 | GitHub

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgol View Post
    Can't help but think this is partially responsible for the giant green bar at the top of the page now xD
    It is. We reached out and Mobyus1 delivered big time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information