Closed Thread
Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmen View Post
    , people are clearly bored.
    TCNova is up & running and someone even created a 'GenChat' channel to join.

Come join the fun...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    TCNova is up & running and someone even created a 'GenChat' channel to join.

Come join the fun...
    yep, had more fun there the last 2 days than ive had on bas in months.

and i submitted a mantis ticket on a bug

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by waynea View Post
    As far as i know the status updates are on the home page of the forum in green letters other than that vlada posts in here
    Ah I see. I have been checking throughout the day for the home page updates.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by masrao View Post
    Exactly. It's not a game, it's a test. A wipe now, right when jedi was apparently going in just means that the whole testing process will take that much longer. I was going to say a lot more but why bother. The unreasonable aren't going to pay attention anyway. lol
    This guy gets it.

Not that it could even happen but in my perfect world there would be no wipe and everyone would have to choose just ONE of their toons; and only play with that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ouch, this seems to be a serious problem. The Force was too strong for the SSDs. Thanks, good luck and courage to the team working on this.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    speak for yourself there's alot of players that love doing it for the social aspect. IN live on my server kit they grouped and charged and split the money and had fun socializing all day
    I remember those days, there was a group of 5 that had ent bots spread out trying to cover the entire cantina floor with bubbles. Cantinas were so much more lively back on live.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapster View Post
    This guy gets it.

Not that it could even happen but in my perfect world there would be no wipe and everyone would have to choose just ONE of their toons; and only play with that.
    In that perfect world of yours, how long did it take for the entire game economy to collapse?
    Because in the real world I'd give it a few months before current stock runs out, and chances are pretty decent that the amount of people that chose their crafters as that ONE toon will not be enough to get it back up.
    Perhaps a few will! But in the end many will grow bored of doing nothing else and they will change profession or leave all together.

I'm getting the sneaky suspicion that the division between people that want 1 or 2 characters and those that want more is the division between consumers and producers.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Swilliams View Post
    I remember those days, there was a group of 5 that had ent bots spread out trying to cover the entire cantina floor with bubbles. Cantinas were so much more lively back on live.
    Yup. Those who say no-one would ATK an Ent full time presumably never played live.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DDSilver View Post
    In that perfect world of yours, how long did it take for the entire game economy to collapse?
    Because in the real world I'd give it a few months before current stock runs out, and chances are pretty decent that the amount of people that chose their crafters as that ONE toon will not be enough to get it back up.
    Perhaps a few will! But in the end many will grow bored of doing nothing else and they will change profession or leave all together.

I'm getting the sneaky suspicion that the division between people that want 1 or 2 characters and those that want more is the division between consumers and producers.
    People on live didn't grow bored of it. If people stop crafting others will see their chance and change to fill the niche. That's the beauty of limiting characters to one, or begrudgingly.. 2.

Which brings me back to:

Yup. Those who say no-one would ATK an Ent full time presumably never played live.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As far as i know the status updates are on the home page of the forum in green letters other than that vlada posts in here
    If you have *nix (or whatever generic access to something BASH-like), you could install an MTA and do this:

Code:
    while : ; do
         if [ $(wget -O - https://www.swgemu.com/status/basilisk.xml 2>/dev/null | xpath -e '//status/text()' 2>/dev/null | grep -o 'up') ]; then
              message=$(echo -e "Server is showing it's up now.\nCheck https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198679 to confirm.\nThis message generated: $(date)")
              echo "$message" | mail -s "Server's up!" you@youraddress.com
              break
         fi
         sleep 60
    done
    Edit: inb4 someone says to use printf instead of echo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    People on live didn't grow bored of it. If people stop crafting others will see their chance and change to fill the niche. That's the beauty of limiting characters to one, or begrudgingly.. 2.

Which brings me back to:
    And that tells me that you were likely not a crafter on live.

Every high-end, dedicated crafter I knew on my server had at least 2 accounts. Paying double the monthly charge, everything.
    Heck, I moved last year and I found 3 sealed copies of Jump to lightspeed!
    Good times.

I had a Architect/Armorsmith/Merchant on live. And if that was the only character I had, I would not remember it so fondly.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I played live from start to finish, an extraordinarily small amount of people would play an ATK entertainer if a character limit of two was established on this server. To suggest anything otherwise is delusional. 99% of the entertainers were AFK precu too, and I didn't know one person playing an entertainer that didn't have a secondary account.

There wasn't enough of a reason then to play entertainer. There still isn't now, and there are significantly less people playing. An argument can be made for it for Suncrusher, but for the purpose of Basilisk, anyone suggesting a character limit of two simply doesn't understand what they are trying to accomplish here.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Every high-end, dedicated crafter I knew on my server had at least 2 accounts. Paying double the monthly charge, everything.
    Good times.

I had a Architect/Armorsmith/Merchant on live. And if that was the only character I had, I would not remember it so fondly.
    I was for a long time someone who couldn't decide on a profession. On live I played literally all of the combat professions for a short time each. I played Tailor and Image Designer but none of the other crafters. Did scout, ranger and CH (never bothered with SL). In the end I had more fun playing Dancer than anything else, and I still was when the CU hit. Not sure if that adds to this exchange.. Think I'm just rambling and reminiscing now...

Play Stats
    261h last 30d

Good times.

I had 7 accounts and I STILL wasn't completely independent. I relied on crafters better than me for much of my stuff, and just enjoyed dinking around making stuff that was 90% of SB to sell to folks who didn't want to pay for 100%.
    Manky Fundoshi
    Necesito Practicar
    Accepting Ranger Contracts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Folks are getting bored? Heh, yes. Real Life chores take over, take out the trash and make sure that rattling screen is tightened down before you rip it out of the wall, etc.
    Last edited by Leylyah; 08-11-2017 at 08:49 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information