+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (second half of 2013)

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi all, long time lurker here :P

First things first, I can't praise enough the effort and dedication of the SWGemu team, and the involvement and love shown from the community. Thank you very much.

That said... All that lawyers stuff gives me goosebumps. Besides the obvious, what can we expect from the change of the IP status? Now that ****** controls it, it's a better or worse situation that when Lucasarts/SOE did it?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by makute View Post
    That said... All that lawyers stuff gives me goosebumps. Besides the obvious, what can we expect from the change of the IP status? Now that ****** controls it, it's a better or worse situation that when Lucasarts/SOE did it?
    Actually i don't expect to see a change. We just asked them to honor the deal we have with SOE, and if they decide to do it, what would they need form us if anything. They acknowledged our email/letter more than a month ago and we are still here, so i dont think they consider us as relevant or a threat so I really think we will be able to get to some kind of agreement.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We just asked them to honor the deal we have with SOE...
    Excuse me if I'm asking something well known but, was that some tacit agreement based on a handshake? Or there is some physical evidence that we can bring to a court if needed?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Excuse me if I'm asking something well known but, was that some tacit agreement based on a handshake? Or there is some physical evidence that we can bring to a court if needed?
    I think this is a very important question that will be the deciding factor in weather or not there even is an agreement to honor with ******. If the answer is no it could be a very bad situation we're in.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bobofwestoregonusa View Post
    I think this is a very important question that will be the deciding factor in weather or not there even is an agreement to honor with ******. If the answer is no it could be a very bad situation we're in.
    Whole conversation was recorded.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This might sound a bit stupid. Bit it's early in the morning and I'm knackered so let me off....

How do I donate?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Whole conversation was recorded.
    Is that convo posted anywhere for people to hear?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi all, long time lurker here :P

First things first, I can't praise enough the effort and dedication of the SWGemu team, and the involvement and love shown from the community. Thank you very much.

Hi, lurker here but I don't think ****** is gonna get anal over a game that has been discontinued for what 3 or 4 years now and only serves a rather niche market that being people who were already playing the game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
    Hi, lurker here but I don't think ****** is gonna get anal over a game that has been discontinued for what 3 or 4 years now and only serves a rather niche market that being people who were already playing the game.
    It's not about the game, but the IP. Legally, it belongs to them now. Also, because money.
    Last edited by bigevil; 02-17-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: really?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    you know this could be boosted if you accepted bitcoins

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chaseshaw View Post
    you know this could be boosted if you accepted bitcoins
    We will, as soon as Paypal starts accepting them.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We will, as soon as Paypal starts accepting them.
    Paypal accepting bitcoins will never happen. If you sign up for a coinbase merchant account they convert the BTC to USD immediately so that you're not at any risk of the price fluctuating; their fees are a whopping 1%. I'll start the donation rally and pledge $150 for a Bitcoin donation button.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just curious, what deal do you have with SOE? ****** owns the IP correct?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by phr0stbyt3 View Post
    Paypal accepting bitcoins will never happen. If you sign up for a coinbase merchant account they convert the BTC to USD immediately so that you're not at any risk of the price fluctuating; their fees are a whopping 1%. I'll start the donation rally and pledge $150 for a Bitcoin donation button.
    I'll pledge an additional $50 if they add it. I'm not posative but I don't think it costs anything to use the Coinbase service for merchants. They are just charged 1% of any monies received that are transfered out of the account. So if you have donations converted to your local currency and then transfered to your bank, the 1% would be taken from that amount.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We will, as soon as Paypal starts accepting them (bitcoin).
    that line makes no sense.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information