Thread: REMINDER: RL Monetary Trades in-game are a bannable offense

Threaded View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Never heard of the entrance fee you speak of. Granted, I havent been active on this server in over a year.

I was referring to the non-stop camping of mobs in there. And while technically I guess one COULD put in enough effort to compete for such mobs (provided no job, no wife, no kids, all SWG all the time, the rest of the taxpayers paying your bills) responsible adults do not have that much time to invest. And to suggest there is an equal playing field for everyone in regards to these things is disingenuous.

But you are a smart guy Vlada. I am sure you already know these things. Which means you were being a smartass......

Well......some things never change. FYI though, it is pretty nice to be able to go onto forums and not have staff be smartasses! It actually seems professional when staff hold themselves above petty smartassery.

Quote Originally Posted by SaibotLiu View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason most MMOs discourage this is so they can remain consistent with the standard rule that you don't own your character or any of the virtual items or currency you've accumulated on your account. If the EULA doesn't prevent you from selling those things for monetary gain then they would have a much more difficult time furthering the narrative that you don't own them in the first place. And if a player can establish that they actually own things on their account, it potentially creates a lot more problems for a developer than just unauthorized RMT.

I think players have this perception that it's about the company losing money or it's because of the fairness aspect, that's probably a much lesser concern in most cases.
    Interesting. I have never heard of that one.
    Last edited by Vlada; 03-09-2017 at 11:02 AM. Reason: double post

Thread Information