Closed Thread

Thread: The rise, fall, and return of Star Wars Galaxies - The Daily Dot

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Really enjoyed the read. Interesting to see important members of the community thoughts about the project in an article like this.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Really enjoyed the read. Interesting to see important members of the community thoughts about the project in an article like this.
    Except that the writer neglected to include all of the rest of his very lengthy interviews from the rest of our Team.

That, imo, was an extremely disappointing omission on his part.

And consequently renders the article an inaccurate & incomplete representation.

Perhaps someday he'll make up for it with a 'part 2' in a long series or something.

But i'm not holding my breath.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was interviewed for the piece as well, as a former active member of the SWG community and my role as Creature Handler Correspondent (and someone who admittedly hasn't had anything to do with the SWGEMU community other than observe the progress and wish I was motivated to participate again).

He didn't use any of my interview (an hour of phone conversation), so don't feel too bad. My screenshot made the article near the bottom... that's me with my kimogila in front of my guild hall the moment the servers shut off on the last day.

My impression when I spoke to him was that he was trying to paint a broad picture that would be a capsule of what SWG and the SWGEMU means to people for an audience of people who haven't played or weren't really familiar with the game and the concepts.

That said, I think it's a good article for what it is. I'm hoping to see a part 2 as well, because I can only imagine with everyone he talked to and what was discussed the kind of things that could be shared...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just came across this article, immediately signed up for the forums, and I want to play this amazing game again. I did not know this existed!

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by s0685112 View Post
    I just came across this article, immediately signed up for the forums, and I want to play this amazing game again. I did not know this existed!
    Welcome to the EMU!
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by s0685112 View Post
    Yes, welcome home. We've seen at least a couple of people already who've learned of the project from this article. Very good PR.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    Except that the writer neglected to include all of the rest of his very lengthy interviews from the rest of our Team.

That, imo, was an extremely disappointing omission on his part.

And consequently renders the article an inaccurate & incomplete representation.
    Perhaps someday he'll make up for it with a 'part 2' in a long series or something.

But i'm not holding my breath.
    He covered the QA lead, that basically distributes to you so don't worry.

Closed Thread

Thread Information