Closed Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk maintenance 2/24/13

Play Stats
    Inactive
    just started myself... once the server is back up I plan on streaming some to Twitch... get the word out about the best MMO ever!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Parade-Rally

12 hours. A bit much. But if not for the volunteer devs, we would have no worlds to play in at all, so my best thoughts go with them. But I AM human, and frustration does occur. (listens to an approaching sound, then cheers wildly as a Gungan Parade enters the square, feathers bobbing, horns blaring and drums beating a tattoo...)
    "Get the Server UP! Get the server UP!" Joins the chant then snickers as a forlorn shape follows, sweeping up the flower petals and streamers wearily.
    Jar-Jar Binks blinks. "Meesa soo tired of following theesa parade, sweepy, sweepy, sweepy"
    "The Boss" leans out of a doorway. "Yousa. What do yousa expect? Lucas tell yousa you would sweep up if yousa took the part!"
    Jar-Jar shakes his head sadly. "Isa though he was talkiang about the Acadamy Awards!"

But I will be patient. I wandered a gaming wasteland for too long trying to find something as satisfying as SWG and one day without it is better than the Years of Abandonment. To the dev team/ Well done, no matter what it takes. Thank you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramala View Post
    12 hours. A bit much. But if not for the volunteer devs, we would have no worlds to play in at all, so my best thoughts go with them. But I AM human, and frustration does occur. (listens to an approaching sound, then cheers wildly as a Gungan Parade enters the square, feathers bobbing, horns blaring and drums beating a tattoo...)
    "Get the Server UP! Get the server UP!" Joins the chant then snickers as a forlorn shape follows, sweeping up the flower petals and streamers wearily.
    Jar-Jar Binks blinks. "Meesa soo tired of following theesa parade, sweepy, sweepy, sweepy"
    "The Boss" leans out of a doorway. "Yousa. What do yousa expect? Lucas tell yousa you would sweep up if yousa took the part!"
    Jar-Jar shakes his head sadly. "Isa though he was talkiang about the Acadamy Awards!"

But I will be patient. I wandered a gaming wasteland for too long trying to find something as satisfying as SWG and one day without it is better than the Years of Abandonment. To the dev team/ Well done, no matter what it takes. Thank you.

Do you have a publisher? dang.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    OK, update on the DB reload... Yes its not a backup its a reload, (<~TheAnswer> just dump | load) to get some free space on the drive.

Anyway, we are at 95GB out of 340GB so this will last way longer than 12 hours, probably closer to 24 hours.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wish there was an update though, but w/e.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well I was late but thanks for update lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ^^^^
    That was an update

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    OK, update on the DB reload... Yes its not a backup its a reload, (<~TheAnswer> just dump | load) to get some free space on the drive.

Anyway, we are at 95GB out of 340GB so this will last way longer than 12 hours, probably closer to 24 hours.
    all hope is lost

Play Stats
    Inactive

I'm not too sure on your math. 12 Hours for about 100GB. Server will be back up around 3-4am EST Tuesday morning. Ugh....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lyl they were at 50gb around 4:30pm, so its actually 4.5 hrs for 45gb, roughly 7 hrs more would be closer to correct, id say at most hopefully 9 am tomorrow.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by SciPunk View Post
    Lyl they were at 50gb around 4:30pm, so its actually 4.5 hrs for 45gb, roughly 7 hrs more would be closer to correct, id say at most hopefully 9 am tomorrow.
    Ok so 4.5 hrs for 45GB. that's 10 hrs for 100GB. that's 34 total hrs. Roughly 10pm EST Tomorrow night then.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thanks for the update. Couple questions though.

longer than 12 hours, probably closer to 24 hours.
    Is that 24 hours from the initial scheduled maintenance (9:30AM EST 2/24/12) or 24 hours from Vlada's post at 9:20PM EST 2/24/12?

Thanks to all the powers that be for letting us enjoy something that was lost long ago.
    [SW] Weapons
    Dantooine
    /waypoint -1475, 2723
    Smiff - Tifi - Devv

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramala View Post
    I wandered a gaming wasteland for too long trying to find something as satisfying as SWG
    No kidding...I always wondered what SWG would be like now, if CU/NGE never happened. SOE would still be taking our hard earned credits, that's for sure.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am sad that the server is down, but that is good, because that means you guys have done a great job in bringing back to life the best MMO ever made. I am going to play all day tomorrow

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It all falls short. No game will ever replace SWG because the gaming industry cant get past all the "I WANT IT ALL RIGHT NOW!" generation which pays for the majority of the bills these days.

Closed Thread

Thread Information