+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Publish 9 - "Secrets of the Force, Redux" loading screen competition

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by vayman View Post
    @Divlas - These both look great! As a composition, the first one is stronger. I like the colors (red, amber, green themed) and the imagery supports your lore. On the second, I really like the concept of the old man faded over the text. It might compete too much with the left imagery.

The first is more about the fall of the Jedi, while the second speaks more about their return. So with the upcoming publish, the second supports the content more so. Maybe fade the old man more? Try to make him look even more mysterious by being less corporeal still.

Either are quite good and I look forward to seeing where you go with these ideas!
    thanks Vayman!
    Once again, I fully support the last version of your text.
    Im just failing to incorporate it into my versions of the loading screen. The text may still be slightly modify to fit perfectly with Rogue One novelization. /methink we need a reference to it.
    I love to make indirect reference to whats gonna happen next.

Im gonna try to make 2 more versions of the same loading screens, combining them. I really appreciate the feedback. I prefer colloborative works to competitive destruction.
    Whoever wins, the sooner more content is delivered into our game, this is our victory.

PS: I did like Vayman new colors for the loading screens, in fact i love it.
    My only problem with it is that atm is that it fits well only with my first loading screen.(with that one its great)
    Its the one vayman calls "Fall of the Jedi"

It does not do well with the one i'd call call "survival of the force"
    Problem: it kills the Old Man (as he normally appears in transparency, i must remove the transparency and then it creates unneeded problem reading the text)

We are saturday 9:39 am Western Europe Time. i'll have something for tonight.

Edit:
    @frightman:
    Welcome to the club.
    i spent many many hours on my loading screens and then I failed to post them. Googledrive only gave me links that are https. I thought this was the problem so I switched to imgurs.
    Last edited by divlas; 05-06-2017 at 07:45 AM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Hmm you know what I think?
    Rush Patch 9 on Bas, it will make your virtual life easier because decision on the right loading screen may become a little uneasy.
    And if you give us one more week, I'm sorry to say that we will become a cause of headache for you the emustaff.
    */teasing* (.../hope we aren't already doing it.)

/pointat centerpoint
    /try-to-cast-all-the-blame-on-him

I'm running a bit late with rl stuff, and am only half done on my two next loading screens. But again I stand with the Vayman's text and I'm declaring myself Vayman's team. However CenterPoint, that's another glorious loading screen!
    Last edited by divlas; 05-06-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    This has my vote.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Rofl the winner!

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Voila the one I'd love the most:

or well:

I'm using Vayman's frame + Vayman's text + a context I like.
    At that point I'd say I know patch 9 is coming , because viewing @Centerpoint and others I'm now sure we are not a source of delay. That's all I wanted to ensure :P
    Last edited by divlas; 05-06-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This one also has my vote

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This one has my vote as well...

*Czar-Mart*drop off vendor located at: /way -4298 5462 Insane, Naboo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yep, this is great. I searched google high and low for Force Meditate, Initiate Meditate, Jedi Meditate, Jedi Meditate Effect, nowhere that I looked could i find that image of a meditating force user. Centerpointe did a good job with this i vote for it as well

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    @Centerpoint:
    You skills at Photoshop are clearly superior to mine, I can't compete, however I do regret that this last loading screen is completely on the darkside.
    Although this is the best Loading Screen I've seen so far, it does not have my vote:
    This is not The Force in Balance. This is the Empire Strikes Back to finish us, the Rebellion, even further. This can fit with the timeline, but I would have wished for something a little more balanced.

Join the Rebellion my friend, this is not too late! We could use your skills.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    @Centerpoint:
    You skills at Photoshop are clearly superior to mine, I can't compete, however I do regret that this last loading screen is completely on the darkside.
    Although this is the best Loading Screen I've seen so far, it does not have my vote:
    This is not The Force in Balance. This is the Empire Strikes Back to finish us, the Rebellion, even further. This can fit with the timeline, but I would have wished for something a little more balanced.

Join the Rebellion my friend, this is not too late! We could use your skills.
    Idk... the last 2 paragraphs, about "their return was inevitable..." seems pretty hopeful. Like, a light will emerge from the darkness. I think it's a good way to be like "man, there's all this evil in the galaxy... but it's not over yet!" At least that's how I feel.

On a side note, I also feel the current loading screen is much more dark-side oriented:

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is beautiful. I hope this one gets chosen. Great work.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    @Divlas I appreciate the constructive criticism. People in this thread have been great - supportive and full of guidance. It says a lot about what makes the community so great
    I hear what you are saying about it being dark, but that wasn't my intent. I was going more for a "you cannot have darkness without the existence of light" kinda theme. Maybe I missed the mark?

If Vlad and Nee say that we have more time, I can try to knock something else up. Maybe there's no reason why we can't have two versions to properly reflect true Balance? Let me see what I can do...

Edit: Wanted to give others who may not have much experience with photoshop a chance to get involved. As such, I've uploaded a template to allow people to get their entries submitted. You can find it here... http://imgur.com/6MwmWnP
    Last edited by Centrepoint; 05-08-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Viticasico View Post
    This is beautiful. I hope this one gets chosen. Great work.
    Much agreed, hereto. I love this piece. I feel the dialogue and the thematic drawback of speculation of principle (from seeing the perspectives of the Dark Side in SWG's playing-out of the Reawakening of the Force) is a schematic within the mainstream storylines we don't get to see much.

I think the game and the piece* adhere to and portray the underlying theme enough, which is the end bit, in that our avatar characters progress within the Light Side of the Force via a visit from an "old man" (our individual "Ben Kenobi's" of a sort).

Very well done, especially considering the number of posts you have and whatever other standards I can be biased around lmao

As if I have a leg to stand on, right? I posted for the first real time here on the forums just to comment on my impression of your piece.

Hope it wins!

Edit again, because why not?: I think the inclusion of the "from an old man" at the end is actually heavily significant. For those of us who are still relative newbies (shoutout to Mobyus for helping to teach another one of us Padawan Learners from another leg of the Internet), some sort of indicator/hint at the initial process and/or the progress beginning is, 1) not only good interest-building for business and continuity of character development [AKA nabbing longterm donors], but 2) is hopeful and helpful for those of us who are trying to learn ourselves, are interested in the involved stat-skills systems, but end up referring to help videos, etc. from our friends like Mobyus in the end for the complicated things.

Not saying there's anything wrong with a little mystery and wonder, and I'm not about the support/hype/money (definitely not the point), but I feel it's a great detail inclusion and maybe a hint of things the development team might consider from past publishers and projects that made Force paths both toooooo Uber powerful and/or difficult to acquire/maintain.

We forget, a mass amount of highly-trained, war-seasoned Troopers murdered ALL the Jedi in the Galaxy.

Devs: Kill a couple birds with some Force Lightning, knowhat'msayin?
    Last edited by egroendyk; 05-08-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    @Divlas I appreciate the constructive criticism. People in this thread have been great - supportive and full of guidance. It says a lot about what makes the community so great
    I hear what you are saying about it being dark, but that wasn't my intent. I was going more for a "you cannot have darkness without the existence of light" kinda theme. Maybe I missed the mark?

If Vlad and Nee say that we have more time, I can try to knock something else up. Maybe there's no reason why we can't have two versions to properly reflect true Balance? Let me see what I can do...

Edit: Wanted to give others who may not have much experience with photoshop a chance to get involved. As such, I've uploaded a template to allow people to get their entries submitted. You can find it here... http://imgur.com/6MwmWnP
    I'm sure Vlad or Nee can help a little, let's say by giving you a screenshot of a Jedi Knight or a Padawan in Meditation.
    It might help bring a little balance. The Force in Balance is a great theme.
    Thanks for providing everyone a Template. I could have done that at least, I made one too for myself. I didn't think of posting it for others to use. /negligence & /humble apologize.
    The more people participate, the better this is! And too little so far took this contest seriously.

Hopefully Vayman, you and Nee were there to wake us up. At least it woke me up.
    Last edited by divlas; 05-08-2017 at 08:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information