Closed Thread

Thread: Clone wars...

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Our detection tools get better day by day and we have more data with EoS than we have ever had in the past.

If someone does come back and they magically start picking up items we've tagged... insta ban.. etc.

I won't go into details but it's not as easy as everyone thinks, and I would suggest you not test it and get yourself banned.

Also, some of them were named to help the community self-police, if these people come back, report them!

See something, say something.
    In 1.0 you guys should ask for real life ID or something before a game account becomes activated. It would be much harder that way for banned players to return that way. If you got the real life name of a player and the country/state/city where they live from that ID and the rest of info blacked out. It should be enough to identify and make security harder.
    Last edited by Pitchcontrol; 07-19-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchcontrol View Post
    In 1.0 you guys should ask for real life ID or something before a game account becomes activated. It would be much harder that way for banned players to return that way. If you got the real life name of a player and the country/state/city where they live from that ID and the rest of info blacked out. It should be enough to identify and make security harder.
    LOL DNA is the only way and even that's wrong more often than you want.

We're not a government agency, no way to validate fake credentials and it just makes it hard on the good people who just want to play.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive

We're not a government agency, no way to validate fake credentials and it just makes it hard on the good people who just want to play.
    lmfao yeah, ID requirements is a bit much.

I agree 100% with what was done and said, the idea of community policing is a great one IMO, i mean these guys if banned thru 1.0 would have to change discord names and handles, change char names, pretty much make a whole new online alias.
    I personally don't think they should be allowed back. If they were duping items on a "ded game test server" imagine what they'd be up to on a permanent 1.0 server.

Exploiters / cheaters will almost always be that, its in their system. (Some ppl can change but not usually, especially when their actions have 0 repercussions in their own personal life).

Play Stats
    Inactive

Some tech companies ask to show ID for your account... Facebook does it when they think your using a fake account these days...
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchcontrol View Post
    Some tech companies ask to show ID for your account... Facebook does it when they think your using a fake account these days...
    Requiring people to submit their real life ID for a video game (let alone a volunteer-run emulator of a video game that's been dead for 9.5 years) would most certainly drive off more people than it would help in any capacity. I wouldn't even do that for a AAA game company.
    Last edited by Big-N-Buff; 07-20-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    SWG-Flurry | <DFR><LoS><KOE><TITAN><Merc> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <Merc><TITAN><KOE><LoS><DFR> | SWG-Flurry

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Could txt a code to their phone and get them to input that. That usually stops people from creating new accounts when banned, and multi accounts.
    Monvento <MOF> on Chimera circa 2003 - 2005
    Joorj Costanza <ORDER>

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdeakin View Post
    Could txt a code to their phone and get them to input that. That usually stops people from creating new accounts when banned, and multi accounts.
    Very easy to spoof 100’s of phone numbers for sms using services on the internet,

I don’t mean to crush everyone’s dreams but it’s a very difficult problem and not as easy to solve as it seems.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Very easy to spoof 100’s of phone numbers for sms using services on the internet,

I don’t mean to crush everyone’s dreams but it’s a very difficult problem and not as easy to solve as it seems.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Closed Thread

Thread Information