Thread: Vreni Island PvP Event!

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vreni Island is a great place for a PvP event!
    One of the longest battles ever fought on SWGEmu took place there.
    CLICK FOR VIDEO

You can only leave once it has been announced the round is over.
    What if players are running into the water during the event?

- If players are running into the water and it hasn't been announced the round is over, event coordinator's will kill you.

I think these are bad for a PvP event (I know, sorry, I'm kinda new).
    What if a player needs to return to civilization for gear/food/etc?
    Not that I run into water (very often) in PvP, but I think limiting the use of natural surroundings is not in the true spirit of PvP.
    Also, there is fire to consider.
    Any rules that allow an EC to kill a player, is simply, a bad design.
    Save it for the PvE hugger events, it should never be allowed in PvP.
    PvE EVENTS ARE ACTUALLY PvCSR, because a CSR sets up an environment, spawns mobs, and kills off players as they attempt to reach the goal that the CSR has chosen.
    That is why PvE EC's (yes I'll say it) like Kreen should never be allowed to host PvP events.
    They just can't or don't understand the difference, plain and simple.
    In PvP events, players should only be killed by other players, PERIOD.
    Any deviation from that allows a CSR take it personal or sway a battle that is between the players.
    Also, I do understand the concept of rounds, however, it is a double edged sword.
    Rounds are used to allow both sides to rally forces and recoup, which is very important to keep a battle going.
    However, limiting the number of rounds limits how long the battle will last, which morale and spirits providing could last MANY hours otherwise.
    Basically rounds are good, while a limited number of rounds is bad.
    True PvP ends, when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting (ie the majority of it's forces have surrendered).
    In the past, EC's have used mobs to provide protection for recouping troops against enemy raids.
    However this has two major problems, it lags the server (#1 MISTAKE IN PVP EVENTS BY CSRS) and allows player(s) to be killed by a CSR.
    Now that line of site is functioning, gated areas are a possible option, but I'm not sure about the lag factor.
    Even if we had working faction bases, they only provide protection and enemy players can still enter and destroy them.
    100% Protection for groups of respawning PvPers was never an intended function of SWG.

Personally, I will not follow rules that lead to bad tactical decisions such as avoiding water, staying inside a building (that worked soooo well for Sadam and Bin Laden) , etc.
    Some of the best events I have ever seen were not constrictive at all.
    Think America vs England (1812).
    Think Seal Team VI vs Bin Laden.

War has no rules, only objectives...

P.s. Sry bro, just keepin' it legit. <3
    Last edited by Ruledo; 11-27-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruledo View Post
    Vreni Island is a great place for a PvP event!
    One of the longest battles ever fought on SWGEmu took place there.
    CLICK FOR VIDEO

I think these are bad for a PvP event (I know, sorry, I'm kinda new).
    What if a player needs to return to civilization for gear/food/etc?
    Not that I run into water (very often) in PvP, but I think limiting the use of natural surroundings is not in the true spirit of PvP.
    Also, there is fire to consider.
    Any rules that allow an EC to kill a player, is simply, a bad design.
    Save it for the PvE hugger events, it should never be allowed in PvP.
    PvE EVENTS ARE ACTUALLY PvCSR, because a CSR sets up an environment, spawns mobs, and kills off players as they attempt to reach the goal that the CSR has chosen.
    That is why PvE EC's (yes I'll say it) like Kreen should never be allowed to host PvP events.
    They just can't or don't understand the difference, plain and simple.
    In PvP events, players should only be killed by other players, PERIOD.
    Any deviation from that allows a CSR take it personal or sway a battle that is between the players.
    Also, I do understand the concept of rounds, however, it is a double edged sword.
    Rounds are used to allow both sides to rally forces and recoup, which is very important to keep a battle going.
    However, limiting the number of rounds limits how long the battle will last, which morale and spirits providing could last MANY hours otherwise.
    Basically rounds are good, while a limited number of rounds is bad.
    True PvP ends, when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting (ie the majority of it's forces have surrendered).
    In the past, EC's have used mobs to provide protection for recouping troops against enemy raids.
    However this has two major problems, it lags the server (#1 MISTAKE IN PVP EVENTS BY CSRS) and allows player(s) to be killed by a CSR.
    Now that line of site is functioning, gated areas are a possible option, but I'm not sure about the lag factor.
    Even if we had working faction bases, they only provide protection and enemy players can still enter and destroy them.
    100% Protection for groups of respawning PvPers was never an intended function of SWG.

Personally, I will not follow rules that lead to bad tactical decisions such as avoiding water, staying inside a building (that worked soooo well for Sadam and Bin Laden) , etc.
    Some of the best events I have ever seen were not constrictive at all.
    Think America vs England (1812).
    Think Seal Team VI vs Bin Laden.

War has no rules, only objectives...

P.s. Sry bro, just keepin' it legit. <3

why are you throwing CSR's in that mix?
    I've only ever known EC's to be involved with pvp/pve event's
    kinda confused sorry and its late lol

Thread Information