Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry If I missed it, will we need to delete 2 toons that play on Basilisk to be able to play on Finalizer?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Serrabell View Post
    Sorry If I missed it, will we need to delete 2 toons that play on Basilisk to be able to play on Finalizer?
    No. It’s a 2 character limit and our names are reserved on the new server for 90 days that we use on Bas.
    Oaken Wave - Kettemoor

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The name thing might be the dumbest thing I've seen. Basilisk must have thousands of names reserved... Why? Lol.
    Severance Laurence & Meatparty, of <ATO>
    Check out my SEA vendor! (1480, -5080) East of Coronet

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    As much as I was excited to read all the new changes I’m a little disappointed about this :-

Q: Will a new server be a test server?
    A: Yes, it will still be considered a temporary test server for us. It will be as Basilisk is now, however, the server will track Unstable much more closely. New code will be pushed on a weekly basis when the server restarts, given stability. This will facilitate quicker testing of changes and enable us to weed out issues that arise.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So you expected us to launch 1.0 now?
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    I guess I did. Apologies I don’t mean to offend I just hoped that the new server would be the ‘finalised’ server to build on.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As much as we all wish to be there, we're not there yet. Still stuff to do on the current project.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Developer
    Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Just a couple quick Q & A updates:

• XP will no longer be split based on damage, so you can grind with each other in groups
    • Looted DoT weapons use count now cap at 2000 uses instead of 9999 previously
    • Jedi can earn FRS XP from Bounty Hunters with Investigation 3 & up, that are actively hunting the Jedi - Not yet implemented
    • Jedi Missions will have a cool down for the BH to get the mission again, regardless if they fail or succeed
    Last edited by Hakry; 12-19-2021 at 04:36 PM.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakry View Post
    Just a couple quick Q & A update:

• XP will no longer be split based on damage, so you can grind with each other in groups
    • Jedi can earn FRS XP from Bounty Hunters with Investigation 3 & up, that are actively hunting the Jedi - Not yet implemented
    • Jedi Missions will have a cool down for the BH to get the mission again, regardless if they fail or succeed
    Fantastic! Thank you for these changes, I think the community definitely feels heard.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a couple quick Q & A update:

Nice. When does xp change go live?
    Anza

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Looks like a good change, hopefully it goes live soon as the group XP is great for the community.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a couple quick Q & A updates:

amazing work dude. big thanks to staff for listening. population going to go up with that group xp change for sure!

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Just to add to my story. I have really been enjoying playing as a noob again and knowing I can’t really upgrade my cdef pistol as there isn’t much better crafted yet.
    Love how everyone is a noob. And enjoying solo questing and having to plan what missions to take in risk vs reward.
    Played about 3hrs and got 2 skills in pistol on the marksman tree. Explore 1 and hunting 1 from scout tree.
    Nice seeing 700+ ppl online too.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Honestly I think the XP changes are quite hasty. That is going so far in the other direction. Not making it based on damage changes the game in so many ways.
    Jedi will fully grind templates in day(s) and never have to worry about BH. BH will no longer have real purpose since Jedi will just grind through any XP loss if a death occurs.
    Oh and the entire server will pretty much master their profs on the day this goes live..

I love everything about this launch so far. I’m very worried about this one as it’s shortsighted IMo. I know I’m one person, but really would have expected a change this large to utilize the new survey system instead of being dropped after a single day. Difficulty is what Sets this server apart from the others. Don’t make it too easy and it’ll actually last.

Really would love to see the survey system used for changes like this, since I know everyone has different viewports.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think the concerns related to BH, Jedi and what not could easily be alleviated with a blanket fightclubbing ban. I'm not sure that anything else would be as effective as that.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Closed Thread

Thread Information