Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru
    I take all the responsiblity for this. Stole TheAnswer for another project where we have a close deadline for an upcoming release and had no time to move forward with this. Don't worry the unlimited engine is still on, just need some breathe to finish it up to be released.
    Thank you for your reply Oru. I am sure Scurby also appreciates it, after being asked 2478349243 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameo
    Because, at this point, the server owners who have made a request haven't received any confirmation yet about their licence request.
    That is true, and even though some of the smaller servers may not make the cut at this time, I'm sure they'd like to know what is required, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aso
    I'm hoping that the SWGEmu team follows through. There are other options for removing the timer, but I hope to stick it out with the new license change because it benefits the SWG community as a whole. I'd rather be a part of the SWGEmu community, than against it, like some other server communities.
    Awakening absolutely agrees with this! I am glad to see others, with this mindset. We also want to remain as part of the larger SWGEMU "extended" family (as a partner under the AGPL). It is sad to see other server owners who didn't honor the Engine restriction and didn't have the patience to wait for the green light (agreement and permission). I do understand the desire to have an unlocked Engine (TRUST ME... Awakening as one of the larger private servers really wants this), but to date we have honored the engine creator, in the spirit of the SWGEMU community. I guess we can only hope there is such a thing as karma.

----------

With that said, over the last year, I've lobbied very hard for a partner program with SWGEMU, in many outlets. When it was announced, it was honestly like a dream come true. Please Oru and TA, make this a reality and harness the additional support from all the other communities within SWGEMU's "extended" family. People honestly want to be part of the bigger picture, but understand, so many are so anxious to play... it's been 10+ years... that's a LONG time for folks to only "test", so I hope you guys understand (I really do). In turn, the play server communities should encourage their players to help SWGEMU with testing and direct donations. I know Awakening will... I already have an announcement prepared for this, that will be posted as top Announcement!
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Inactive Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQEd View Post
    With that said, over the last year, I've lobbied very hard for a partner program with SWGEMU, in many outlets. When it was announced, it was honestly like a dream come true.
    This isn't a partner program. It's licensing.
    dannuic
    Inactive Core3 Developer

dannuic@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | Development Links

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dannuic View Post
    This isn't a partner program. It's licensing.
    Of course it's licensing... however, since there will be understandings, agreements, acknowledgments and/or offerings along with it, it would be considered a partnering or affiliate program within a business setting.

As one of the largest private SWG server that has followed "the rules" and not tried to hack or alter the SWGEMU (Engine3) engine, we will be proud to encourage players to contribute what they can to SWGEMU, as a partner.
    Awakening Founder - FHEMU Developer

Closed Thread

Thread Information