Closed Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am literally just here to say THANKS! This game, in any form is still a total joy to have and so many have put SO MUCH into it. Every time I sign in I smile so, if it never evolves a single bite more, Id still be thrilled.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by reoze View Post
    Yikes

None of this is as difficult as it sounds.
    Never said it was difficult.. Said we don't have anyone dedicated to do it.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Keep up the good work team. 99% of the SWG community love you for it. The 1% like to voice an opinion, usually a negative one but it doesn't represent the thousands of people waiting in the wind.

I personally think the decision is spot on.
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server
    'RFR' - Rebel Force Recon
    'SOH' -Soldiers of Honour

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I joined right before the launch of JTL, it was definitely a fun addition to swg. However id be happy to get back to dant and join a simple grind party again and rank up for pvp.. there was more than just space. Even with jtl on hold, the only nice thing from it which is not to be expected would be the intsatransport or simply owning a spaceship to go from planet to planet otherwise.. no biggie .

Thank you for the hard work you guys put into the game.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Also look at WoW classic for example. Thousands and thousands have come back for that game and this game was around the same time as SWG - Its main competitor if i remember correctly. Im sat in a 5k queue right now to get onto just one of the servers.
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxi34 View Post
    Also look at WoW classic for example. Thousands and thousands have come back for that game and this game was around the same time as SWG - Its main competitor if i remember correctly. Im sat in a 5k queue right now to get onto just one of the servers.
    Millions have actually gone back for WoW Classic, but that aside, SWG was never really a "competitor" of WoW. It was definitely a game with a formula that SWG tried to emulate (leading to the CU and NGE), but SWG wasn't even in the ballpark to competing with WoW let alone being its main competitor. I could be wrong, but I think according to the "Death of a Game: SWG" video on YouTube, SWG had about 500k subs for a short time during its peak, but I haven't seen the video for a while if someone else wants to verify.
    SWG-Flurry | <DFR><LoS><KOE><TITAN><Merc> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <Merc><TITAN><KOE><LoS><DFR> | SWG-Flurry

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-N-Buff View Post
    Millions have actually gone back for WoW Classic, but that aside, SWG was never really a "competitor" of WoW. It was definitely a game with a formula that SWG tried to emulate (leading to the CU and NGE), but SWG wasn't even in the ballpark to competing with WoW let alone being its main competitor. I could be wrong, but I think according to the "Death of a Game: SWG" video on YouTube, SWG had about 500k subs for a short time during its peak, but I haven't seen the video for a while if someone else wants to verify.
    SWG and WoW were never competitors because they are not an 'apples-for-apples' product comparison.

Trying to pit them as such caused the downfall of SWG. They have two different fanbases, i.e., customer profiles. SOE failed to recognize that fact.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    SWG and WoW were never competitors because they are not an 'apples-for-apples' product comparison.

Trying to pit them as such caused the downfall of SWG. They have two different fanbases, i.e., customer profiles. SOE failed to recognize that fact.
    ^^^^----THIS

Literally the problem was executives at SOE/LA thinking "Why can't your game beat WOW"
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    ^^^^----THIS

Literally the problem was executives at SOE/LA thinking "Why can't your game beat WOW"
    Yep. Classic leadership failure. Rather than trying to figure out how to be a better WoW, they should have figured out what their customers loved about SWG, and then worked tirelessly to make more of the same.

Oh, the lessons we learn, when we work on such time-wasters as video games, eh?
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I know this will hurt some folks who were set on waiting for JTL but honestly from what I have seen in the past ~6 months I don't think this game is active enough to support both the ground and space. With how much of a ghost town the ground is I really don't see how JTL would work here or ever have enough people interested in it to be worth the time to code. I personally think this is good news but I am sorry to hear it for the JTL supporters.
    Best Regards,

Saquon/Roggae

Play Stats
    Inactive
    as a flight sim guy that crafted and resourced for shipwright... well thanks for letting me know to look elsewhere instead of waiting another 10 years.
    GL SWGemu and good going getting the ground game up and running as well as it is for those that like that. Good Bye

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxiom View Post
    as a flight sim guy that crafted and resourced for shipwright... well thanks for letting me know to look elsewhere instead of waiting another 10 years.
    GL SWGemu and good going getting the ground game up and running as well as it is for those that like that. Good Bye
    Eve online?
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxi34 View Post
    Eve online?
    EVE Online isn't a flight sim. It's a game set in space where you control spaceships, yes... but absolutely nothing like a flight sim.

Better suggestions would be Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    EVE Online isn't a flight sim. It's a game set in space where you control spaceships, yes... but absolutely nothing like a flight sim.

Better suggestions would be Elite: Dangerous or Star Citizen.
    Everspace may also be a good suggestion to add.

Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wait, what???!!!

EMU wont have JTL in 1.0??!!!

Where's my refund!!!! You rat bastards!

/wrist
    -Locnar

Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

Closed Thread

Thread Information