Closed Thread

Thread: Accounts & Multiple Accounts

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you Ellyssia for your quick reply.
    It seems that this has happened to us, with your help you have un-banned my account but one of the other players MrBlobby is still banned, as we were, but has not been un-banned as yet, this is now 12 days since submitting a ticket and still having no action on his ticket.
    What is the typical lead time on having an issue like this at least replied to or actioned? A lot of hassle could be removed by issuing a standard reply to new tickets that states it will be a minimum amount of days to get round to looking at the ticket. With no knowledge of how long this will take it can mean un-necessary extra work to, by yourselves, to answer posts like this or extra tickets because people have had no reply/information from you at all. It could be in the standard reply you send back as the automated reply.
    He is awaiting what we thought would be a swift reply within 4-5 days but still nothing. Can you please amend your multi account sniffing software to at least not include forum login ip's?
    I know you guys are all volunteers, and we are as always appreciative of what you do, but I hate seeing him turn up everyday at work crying into his cup of tea. Its very hard to take.
    Could I ask a big favour and see if you could please look into his account ban as this is most obviously a mistake on your engines behalf, and please change the rule/policies page to notify people that if they login from the same IP on forums this may instigate a ban as well...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Takoma View Post
    Thank you Ellyssia for your quick reply.
    It seems that this has happened to us, with your help you have un-banned my account but one of the other players MrBlobby is still banned, as we were, but has not been un-banned as yet, this is now 12 days since submitting a ticket and still having no action on his ticket.
    What is the typical lead time on having an issue like this at least replied to or actioned? A lot of hassle could be removed by issuing a standard reply to new tickets that states it will be a minimum amount of days to get round to looking at the ticket. With no knowledge of how long this will take it can mean un-necessary extra work to, by yourselves, to answer posts like this or extra tickets because people have had no reply/information from you at all. It could be in the standard reply you send back as the automated reply.
    He is awaiting what we thought would be a swift reply within 4-5 days but still nothing. Can you please amend your multi account sniffing software to at least not include forum login ip's?
    I know you guys are all volunteers, and we are as always appreciative of what you do, but I hate seeing him turn up everyday at work crying into his cup of tea. Its very hard to take.
    Could I ask a big favour and see if you could please look into his account ban as this is most obviously a mistake on your engines behalf, and please change the rule/policies page to notify people that if they login from the same IP on forums this may instigate a ban as well...
    MrBlobby is good to go again.
    mijom
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

| How to report bugs on Bug Tracker (Mantis)
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Smile

Thanks Ellyssia & mijom

Thought I'd never get back online.

Will stay away from the furoms at work from now on.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you all for your hard work you do on this, it is much appreciated, I know in RL all our times are limited, so I know how much this meant to you to do in time, so again thank you all...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If multiple people simply viewing the forums from the same IP can trigger flagging a ban, then what is there to be done about people like myself who are at a university? Internally most of the campus is on private address space which is then NAT'd for internet access. Does this mean that myself and anyone else here on campus have the potential to be banned w/o even knowing each other, the IP's that would need to be reported to request multi-account access, etc, etc?!?

The more traction that this project gains, which I'm sure is starting to increase with the progress made and the release of SWTOR, the more people are going to be playing. As more people play, situations like multiple people at a work or school location simultaneously connecting through a shared IP address increases, and totally unbeknownst to the involved parties.

Closed Thread

Thread Information