Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu AGPL Instructions and Requirements

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hmm. I find it amazing anyone would pressure the devs on anything. None of them have to do any of this at all. Period. They brought a game back from the dead, without compensation. I'm thankful for that, and am content to satisfy myself with what is available at any given time.
    I'm certainly not going to whine about release dates.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by XyyrBrin View Post
    Hmm. I find it amazing anyone would pressure the devs on anything. None of them have to do any of this at all. Period. They brought a game back from the dead, without compensation. I'm thankful for that, and am content to satisfy myself with what is available at any given time.
    I'm certainly not going to whine about release dates.
    i agree completely. it is a privilege to be playing any part of this game at all. Further expansions will be well worth the wait.

Inactive Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnzerxpress View Post
    I checked out the guides and they all seem to use CentOS, is it possible to do this strictly through windows? If not will it ever be? I though I replied with quotes, this post is directed at @Vlada concerning creating your own server.
    I doubt we ever take the time to support windows again. We used to support cygwin, which was a nightmare. There's no way we'd support an MSVC toolchain. If someone else wants to do it, then it might happen, but not anyone from this team.
    dannuic
    Inactive Core3 Developer

dannuic@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | Development Links

Play Stats
    Inactive
    if the project were complete, it wouldn't be "easy" but definitely doable to port and compile it for windows. However, I would NEVER want to develop it as it stands in the windows environment.

It's not that the windows environment isn't good for development, I use visual studio all the time. But this project, how it's structured, and how the source control is setup, isn't very VS friendly.

I can't imagine not having a windows port for the final release tho. Almost every other emulator either has a windows port, or was written in windows native. And some are even scalable... so it will probably happen at some point as stated above. just don't expect it while swgemu is still alpha.

-Duff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Has there been any new developments on this?
    TA or oru?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Erusman View Post
    Has there been any new developments on this?
    TA or oru?
    As far as I know, nothing. Doubt this is happening at this point, it was a nice thought when originally brought up.
    Last edited by Aso; 10-03-2015 at 02:33 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by gaven002 View Post
    This community is becoming so jaded we slave over 10 years as testers.
    This is my favorite part.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If we are lucky hopefully Santa will deliver this to us by Christmas...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    This is my favorite part.
    :P Yeah that was a little extreme. Since this is all a volunteer project.
    Honestly, I could care less if they do or do not release a 2.5hr removal on the engine.
    My only concern is that nobody has came on here after 5 months to say that this IS or isn't happening. OR what the progress is on it.
    Its like dangling a carrot in our faces for months. Am I right?
    Like Yoda says "Do or Do not, there is no try."
    TA or oru?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    they won't push it again until someone else either hacks, or steals the code to remove it themselves... that's my prediction anyway. :-) I'm with you tho, I don't really care anymore. I only wanted it so I could test out a bazaar & vendor bot I was working on to give my single player project more realism. It's hard to test how efficient it's running, or frequency of buys and sells, you know, longer term metrics with a reboot so frequently.

But it's really not an issue anymore since I've been busy building tractors, combines, implements, etc... for Farming Simulator 2015. I've really been enjoying creating all the 3D assets in Lightwave3d. :-)

-Duff

Founder
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Originally we wanted to have some kind of a protection against illegal usage without accepting the license terms. Due to other activites we could never come up with a solid idea and since so much time has passed, we gave upon this idea. The only roadblock now is my laziness to uncomment a line, make a full build and do a release..
    Oru
    Founder

oru@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Then delegate it
    We are all waiting this for months now, please do us a favor !

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm genuinely excited again.
    Personal site @ WritingUnderDuress.com
    Pretend dev @ An Empire in Flames

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Cheers! hopefully this will be done in the next few days! as that shouldn't take more than a half hour to remove two characters and rebuild!

Servers out there are rejoicing!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Oru View Post
    Originally we wanted to have some kind of a protection against illegal usage without accepting the license terms. Due to other activites we could never come up with a solid idea and since so much time has passed, we gave upon this idea. The only roadblock now is my laziness to uncomment a line, make a full build and do a release..
    While, if I may make a suggestion? Some type of online authentication from a verified database?

I personally would love to have a non 2.5 hour limit server, since I do not host publicly. I'm using the code to improve my C++ while preparing for 1.0.

I've managed to import a large amount of the NGE content, from planets, to equipment, etc.

I've been studying a lot of assembly to rework the swg.exe (hopefully without too much damage) to be able to perform better on modern hardware to allow even more engine pushing. But we'll see. I'm kinda hesitant about it incase Synter releases something amazing.

Closed Thread

Thread Information