Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu half-year financial report (first half of 2014)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well I was finally able to throw some into the pot, I trully apologize for waiting so long and just wanted to say thanks to all those who have donated the time or money to keep this going! SWG is and always will be the greatest game I've ever played!

Thanks for bringing it back!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    lol my card expired ill be updating my account and you guys will be getting my steady donations again. Im with you till then end.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hey Guys,
    im pretty new to SWGEmu, we (a friend and me) just found the Donaton button and we will donate some euro. we just saw "Ends January 2nd, 2015" thats just the time from 1 donation period to the other right?
    could it happen that you shut down the server because of a lack of donations?
    and my last question: why dont you implate a donation button on the Luncher? if you dont really watch in the forum you wont see it. If only 1xx persons donate that may means that not all saw the donation button.

With best regards Pascal B.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnOfDarkness View Post
    Hey Guys,
    im pretty new to SWGEmu, we (a friend and me) just found the Donaton button and we will donate some euro. we just saw "Ends January 2nd, 2015" thats just the time from 1 donation period to the other right?
    Yes.

could it happen that you shut down the server because of a lack of donations?
    Yes, but we would have to be completely broke. We would probably move to a much cheaper box and lower the server cap before we do that.

and my last question: why dont you implate a donation button on the Luncher? if you dont really watch in the forum you wont see it. If only 1xx persons donate that may means that not all saw the donation button.
    We did look in to that, but to donate here you have to be registered and logged on our forums, but on launchpad, you are not logged in, you only use it to launch the game and then when you are in game you log in.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Interesting reading, expenses are a worry regarding the fees with letters to ******, But nice to know things are still going.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As a non-profit, can't money be raised in other ways, or is that a fine line on profits?
    Signatures are for Nerf Herders

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0tolerance View Post
    As a non-profit, can't money be raised in other ways, or is that a fine line on profits?
    Could you clarify?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by zer0tolerance View Post
    This may help with the answers you are looking to learn about: http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-P...-Organizations

.. and thanks SWGEMU team for all your work..

now back to topic.. sort of .. time to donate my part
    Thanks to the DEVs and all the contributors!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Keep SWG-Emu alive

It really is our duty to donate to make sure this project keeps on running.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I hardly have the time to play anymore, but I am steadily putting my $5 in the pot each month. It's just a pack of smokes, after all. Keep up the good work!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Could you clarify?
    I know this thread has been dead for a few months, but I believe what he means is that as a Non-Profit, you can look towards companies/corporations/persons to donate large sums of money. For example, you could ask some well-off game Studios to toss you a few thousands as a donation and as a registered NPO, they might be inclined because they could write it off as a donation on their taxes and whatnot. Or you could contact your local community college and offer to send them your code base so that any programming (or game programming/design) classes could play around with it and then that community college (or you could go with a more traditional university) may become inclined to toss you a nice donation.

Essentially, what he means, is that you should play the NPO game and fund raise.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i'd glady give you 10€ a month but i cant since i dont have paypal and i cant make an account without huge efforts and traveling back and forth yes i said traveling

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Seems you are no longer doing any financial reports?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hosting services, I take it means for the website here.. I host 2 websites with http://www.webmasters.com/ and pay $110.00 a month for each, includes domain name registration too.
    Might look into that and see if they can compete with who ever your using now and save some bucks.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobert View Post
    Seems you are no longer doing any financial reports?
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153279
    but that doesn't include financials... nvm

Closed Thread

Thread Information