Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Test Center: TC-Prime

"Retired" SWGEmu Staff risenangel's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedge15 View Post
    Understood, which is why this post...

...was so puzzling.
    In the past before Scurby took over some now former staff members were not so professional and improperly used their position. The paranoia is understandable with that in mind. The current team is much better about how we handle things in general, as above there is auditing/review in place.
    Kyada <BoS>
    Everything I ever did was about pushing the project forward.

Play Stats
    38h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by risenangel View Post
    In the past before Scurby took over some now former staff members were not so professional and improperly used their position. The paranoia is understandable with that in mind. The current team is much better about how we handle things in general, as above there is auditing/review in place.
    Well, this...

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Not a fan of having a certain QA member be able to snoop through houses and what not
    ...makes it sound like there might be current issues with someone specific, which I didn't really think was the case.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Agelk View Post
    what you guys got something to hide if ya all want look away i got all the same junk the rest do lol . btw great idea and maybe i missed it but will there ever be any blue frog on prime .
    I would prefer not to have Blue Frogs, remember all the vendors and market copy too! Anything your heart desires is most likely on the market or in a vendor.

We have debated on maybe a credit bump on first login. That way newbs or people with low credit balances could go a on buying spree without us changing lots of mechanics.

Very interested in ideas, just remember this is a test server, we want to test as much like Basilisk as possible.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    I would prefer not having Character Build terminals, though like someone above mentioned, some stuff for newbs would be nice. If anything, a set of "noob" gear would be nice off the terminal. Would be easy to write up a quick char build terminal for that purpose, too.

Only issue I've run into so far is a lack of ent buff bots. But hey, can't complain much.

Play Stats
    25h last 30d
    ...makes it sound like there might be current issues with someone specific, which I didn't really think was the case.
    As of right now, without elaborating, yes, that is indeed the case.

"Retired" SWGEmu Staff risenangel's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by LQUser View Post
    As of right now, without elaborating, yes, that is indeed the case.
    Given the current team is me, farelli and hakry, that is a heavy accusation. Have you emailed scurby@swgemu.com ? If not, you should. In the end, its his review that matters. That, or pm him.
    Kyada <BoS>
    Everything I ever did was about pushing the project forward.

Play Stats
    25h last 30d
    Given the current team is me, farelli and hakry, that is a heavy accusation. Have you emailed scurby@swgemu.com ? If not, you should. In the end, its his review that matters. That, or pm him.
    You misunderstood. Myself and monoxide are not implying anything has happened. Rather, an eyebrow has been raised over the potential future possibility. Given the aforementioned strict safeguards though i dont believe we have anything to worry about.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    you shmucks that wanna call offense on one of my staff (shmuck=Monoxide)...
    Make no mistake... your fears are unfounded. I will continue to monitor their actions. as always.
    Questions? you know how to find me.
    Scurby
    QA Leader

How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    scurby@swgemu.com | Gerrit | Jenkins

Play Stats
    12h last 30d
    Great idea! It would allow for easier testing. One concern I have though is that it would allow people to tune their crystals on prime before tuning on Bas to find out if it is worth keeping or not. Trivial concern as Bas is a test server, but something to keep in mind. I would ask for blue frogs tho (even better if each player could be given a personal frog, as it helps with testing crafting and jedi). Hard to say how many people would take the time to set up buff bots on prime.
    Last edited by oojzero; 12-19-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you delete any ill gotten items on basilisk, they wont be on TC prime for staff to stumble upon after the next copy
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Livy2K View Post
    If you delete any ill gotten items on basilisk, they wont be on TC prime for staff to stumble upon after the next copy
    Sounds like guilty people hiding illegal items to me. Is there an active item dupe or something that is not being reported?

Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    You don't mean private guild events and like do you?

lol, yeah things are much better now. Wish I had more time to contribute but real life has taken a turn.
    -Locnar

Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nee2earth View Post
    I was fired, so you don't have to worry 'bout me lol

Although anyone who knows me , knows that I barely ever used ANY admin commands, much less /snoop thru tester's houses. I would never, and never did, break 'Rule 1'.

Regardless, you don't have to worry period, cuz neither Farelli nor Hakry would ever abuse 'powers' either. And even if they did, Scurby & TA would notice immediately.

I suspect the actual ADMINS are: Scurby, TA, Lordkator, and maybe Sniffer. Otherwise, it's probably about the same QA/Dev delineations & perms as regular TC Nova (or maybe slightly reduced, cuz Basilisk effect --- And actually, come to think of it, since TC-Prime is essentially a 'mirror' of Basilisk, i'm guessing it also inherits the same Staff toon perms & titles as regular Basilisk) .

Scurby watches & controls everything, so the days of "corrupt" Staff are long gone.

----

On topic: I'm curious to know how Mantis Bug Tracker will be handled, for any bugs found on TC:Prime. Will testers know how to denote when they file? Will Scurby create a new filing catagory? Because as it stands now, most people file under 'SWGEMU: Basilisk' , even if the bug didn't actually occur there.
    We can't and won't do that. Rule 1 is quite literally, "don't **** with the players" and what that means is just that. We can't and won't mess with you. If something comes up, we'll simply talk to you and ask you to file a mantis ticket with screenshots of whatever it is we need to see. That way it is entirely your choice as to what, and how much, you share if anything. Admin command usage these days is watched like a hawk by Scurby, Niffer and the devs.

Also, since its a mirror of Basilisk, as Nee pointed out our powers, I expect, are going to be far less than what they are on Nova. If its on par with Basilisk, QA doesn't have permission to /snoop or do a lot of other stuff because we don't need to and aren't allowed to. We can teleport, use setspeed on ourselves, go invisible annnnd maybe one or two other things to get info about the world. That is about it. Everything else is reserved for Niffer, Scurby and the devs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scurby View Post
    QFE.

I'm always watching.
    That's actually pretty reassuring. Thank you.

Well, this...

Yes, someone specifically was thought of. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Scurby View Post
    you shmucks that wanna call offense on one of my staff (shmuck=Monoxide)...
    Make no mistake... your fears are unfounded. I will continue to monitor their actions. as always.
    Questions? you know how to find me.
    I'm not saying any staff actually abused anything... I just thought there was potential for abuse due to certain situations, which I won't go into detail here. No wrong doing has been done afaik, it was just about potential. I'm well aware of rule
    • 3.3.1 Attempting to Defraud a CSR - Petitioning with untrue information with the intention of receiving benefits as a result. This includes reporting bug deaths, item loss, or fraudulently accusing other players of wrongdoing.
    It's all good in the hood, mayne.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcue View Post
    Sounds like guilty people hiding illegal items to me. Is there an active item dupe or something that is not being reported?
    Nah.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I would prefer not to have Blue Frogs, remember all the vendors and market copy too! Anything your heart desires is most likely on the market or in a vendor.

We have debated on maybe a credit bump on first login. That way newbs or people with low credit balances could go a on buying spree without us changing lots of mechanics.

Very interested in ideas, just remember this is a test server, we want to test as much like Basilisk as possible.
    yeah I see a character builder terminal with full use being problematic. But maybe just buffs and credits being available so one can acquire testing material. Cause I'm pretty broke on basilisk and don't have the credits for a good suit of armor or a weapon that has a chance against anything higher level.
    algebuckina
    Event Coordinator Intern

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    That's actually pretty reassuring. Thank you.

Yes, someone specifically was thought of. :P

I'm not saying any staff actually abused anything... I just thought there was potential for abuse due to certain situations, which I won't go into detail here. No wrong doing has been done afaik, it was just about potential. I'm well aware of rule
    • 3.3.1 Attempting to Defraud a CSR - Petitioning with untrue information with the intention of receiving benefits as a result. This includes reporting bug deaths, item loss, or fraudulently accusing other players of wrongdoing.
    It's all good in the hood, mayne.

Nah.
    I ask you once. Trust what I do. I will do what i do regardless.... yes?
    Scurby
    QA Leader

How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    scurby@swgemu.com | Gerrit | Jenkins

Closed Thread

Thread Information