Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vreni Island PvP Event!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Vreni Island PvP Event!

Footage from event, thanks for everyone who came out.

Anyone who wants to join is welcome, and it's encouraged. Even if you aren't full template or geared.

Where is this event?
    - The event will take place in Vreni Island.

Where am i going to get buffs?
    - 'Fort HaxXors' is where the Imperials meet.
    - 'LIVE TO REBEL' is where the Rebels meet.

Where am i going to go overt?
    - An event coordinator will plant them in the city your buffing up at.

Time?
    - This event will take place Friday, December 14th.
    - Time, 9pm EST

The concept for this event is simple, who will survive on Vreni Island.

There are no rounds, just fights.
    The event will end when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting.

What is happening in all the fights?
    After each the Rebels and Imperials buff up they will meet on Verni Island.
    It will be announced when each the Imperials and Rebels should head out to Verni Island.

After each faction is on Verni Island, it's simple FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

There are no waypoints to fight at, you fight ANYWHERE on Vreni Island.

*Optional*

Post in this thread, on what side you plan to fight on.

Example:

Side - Imperial
    Toon - Cem

Contact Cem / CemCanatar for Imperial invites (on that date).

- Need Doctors / Entertainers that are willing to volunteer to buff for the Imperials, *Post in this thread, if your interested*.

Contact Vito for Rebel invites (on that date).

- Need Doctors / Entertainers that are willing to volunteer to buff for the Rebels, *Post in this thread, if your interested*.
    Last edited by Canatar; 12-16-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds fun. I'll try to make it if this goes down .
    Oawofae

Randolph Scott

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Why not make the rebels attack all three times? Why the sudden change from past events?
    (In game name Toxs)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Predicting death squads at the shuttleport, I am.

Forseeing players making it as far as the hotel, I do not.
    Question your assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi
    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    Doesn't that make Obi Wan a Sith?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Let the record show, a STORM member has acknowledged the idea of fairness.
    (In game name Toxs)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vreni Island is a great place for a PvP event!
    One of the longest battles ever fought on SWGEmu took place there.
    CLICK FOR VIDEO

You can only leave once it has been announced the round is over.
    What if players are running into the water during the event?

- If players are running into the water and it hasn't been announced the round is over, event coordinator's will kill you.

I think these are bad for a PvP event (I know, sorry, I'm kinda new).
    What if a player needs to return to civilization for gear/food/etc?
    Not that I run into water (very often) in PvP, but I think limiting the use of natural surroundings is not in the true spirit of PvP.
    Also, there is fire to consider.
    Any rules that allow an EC to kill a player, is simply, a bad design.
    Save it for the PvE hugger events, it should never be allowed in PvP.
    PvE EVENTS ARE ACTUALLY PvCSR, because a CSR sets up an environment, spawns mobs, and kills off players as they attempt to reach the goal that the CSR has chosen.
    That is why PvE EC's (yes I'll say it) like Kreen should never be allowed to host PvP events.
    They just can't or don't understand the difference, plain and simple.
    In PvP events, players should only be killed by other players, PERIOD.
    Any deviation from that allows a CSR take it personal or sway a battle that is between the players.
    Also, I do understand the concept of rounds, however, it is a double edged sword.
    Rounds are used to allow both sides to rally forces and recoup, which is very important to keep a battle going.
    However, limiting the number of rounds limits how long the battle will last, which morale and spirits providing could last MANY hours otherwise.
    Basically rounds are good, while a limited number of rounds is bad.
    True PvP ends, when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting (ie the majority of it's forces have surrendered).
    In the past, EC's have used mobs to provide protection for recouping troops against enemy raids.
    However this has two major problems, it lags the server (#1 MISTAKE IN PVP EVENTS BY CSRS) and allows player(s) to be killed by a CSR.
    Now that line of site is functioning, gated areas are a possible option, but I'm not sure about the lag factor.
    Even if we had working faction bases, they only provide protection and enemy players can still enter and destroy them.
    100% Protection for groups of respawning PvPers was never an intended function of SWG.

Personally, I will not follow rules that lead to bad tactical decisions such as avoiding water, staying inside a building (that worked soooo well for Sadam and Bin Laden) , etc.
    Some of the best events I have ever seen were not constrictive at all.
    Think America vs England (1812).
    Think Seal Team VI vs Bin Laden.

War has no rules, only objectives...

P.s. Sry bro, just keepin' it legit. <3
    Last edited by Ruledo; 11-27-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Faction - Imp

Char - Rando Biches
    Rando Biches <SWAG>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sounds like fun, i'd be down. Once there's a set date and its an actual event i'll know if I can actually do it. For now though:

Side- Imperial
    Character- Mortekai

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Also if this is going to be a faction based event people will need ample time to end guild wars for the event... would be a major pain in the *** to /gquit in larger guilds who are at war with multiple other guilds.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Rebel // Poached Egg

(or as STORM calls me in Vent, "Pooched")

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruledo View Post
    Vreni Island is a great place for a PvP event!
    One of the longest battles ever fought on SWGEmu took place there.
    CLICK FOR VIDEO

Not that I run into water (very often) in PvP, but I think limiting the use of natural surroundings is not in the true spirit of PvP.
    PvE EVENTS ARE ACTUALLY PvCSR, because a CSR sets up an environment, spawns mobs, and kills off players as they attempt to reach the goal that the CSR has chosen.
    That is why PvE EC's (yes I'll say it) like Kreen should never be allowed to host PvP events.
    Any deviation from that allows a CSR take it personal or sway a battle that is between the players.
    Also, I do understand the concept of rounds, however, it is a double edged sword.
    Rounds are used to allow both sides to rally forces and recoup, which is very important to keep a battle going.
    However, limiting the number of rounds limits how long the battle will last, which morale and spirits providing could last MANY hours otherwise.
    True PvP ends, when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting (ie the majority of it's forces have surrendered).
    In the past, EC's have used mobs to provide protection for recouping troops against enemy raids.
    However this has two major problems, it lags the server (#1 MISTAKE IN PVP EVENTS BY CSRS) and allows player(s) to be killed by a CSR.
    Now that line of site is functioning, gated areas are a possible option, but I'm not sure about the lag factor.
    Even if we had working faction bases, they only provide protection and enemy players can still enter and destroy them.
    100% Protection for groups of respawning PvPers was never an intended function of SWG.

Personally, I will not follow rules that lead to bad tactical decisions such as avoiding water, staying inside a building (that worked soooo well for Sadam and Bin Laden) , etc.
    Some of the best events I have ever seen were not constrictive at all.
    Think America vs England (1812).
    Think Seal Team VI vs Bin Laden.

War has no rules, only objectives...

P.s. Sry bro, just keepin' it legit. <3

why are you throwing CSR's in that mix?
    I've only ever known EC's to be involved with pvp/pve event's
    kinda confused sorry and its late lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've decided to shelve my ranger in progress and make him a pvp tion so I can get in on this. Hopefully on a weeknight rather than a weekend.
    Oawofae

Randolph Scott

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekall View Post
    Rebel // Poached Egg

(or as STORM calls me in Vent, "Pooched")
    someone needs to sort out their pronunciation
    Rando Biches <SWAG>

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

The water idea was an idea just that. A idea which has has been taken out.

I get your point about not having a round, not have a "ending", but people like structure in events, especially on this server.
    Usually even if there wasn't rounds, the event will tide down within 1-2 hours.
    People want to take breaks (food or RL commitments).
    PvP events usually happen on the weekend so after the event people have plans(most of the time), structure works.

Remember you need to treat every server differently, this isn't nova or liberator.

About not having a rally point, with EC's not allowed to buff players, there has to be rallying points.
    It would be a DISASTROUS if there wasn't.
    Not an event i will be hosting or participating in. At least until they fix EC's being allowed to buff, nope.

By the end of round 3, this happens regardless. This has happened in 3 consecutive events on this server.

Yes there were rounds in those events, but i highly doubt that was the FACTOR.
    The factor was what you said, one side crushed the other.

My 2 cents...

Remember this is

All your points are valid with that said, the concept of the event has been changed. Read main page for details.

It seems there is already a event on the 8th.

Any suggestions on a date for this event? Post it up.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by camigwen View Post
    why are you throwing CSR's in that mix?
    I've only ever known EC's to be involved with pvp/pve event's
    kinda confused sorry and its late lol
    I have been told that CSRs and ECs have been blurred together.
    Guess I should have stuck to the term EC.
    My bad.
    Was mostly just trying to explain why PvE ECs aren't appropriate for PvP events (the whole PvEC aka PvE concept).

Quote Originally Posted by Canatar View Post
    The water idea was an idea just that. A idea which has has been taken out.

I get your point about not having a round, not have a "ending", but people like structure in events, especially on this server.
    Usually even if there wasn't rounds, the event will tide down within 1-2 hours.
    People want to take breaks (food or RL commitments).
    PvP events usually happen on the weekend so after the event people have plans(most of the time), structure works.

Remember you need to treat every server differently, this isn't nova or liberator.

About not having a rally point, with EC's not allowed to buff players, there has to be rallying points.
    It would be a DISASTROUS if there wasn't.
    Not an event i will be hosting or participating in. At least until they fix EC's being allowed to buff, nope.

By the end of round 3, this happens regardless. This has happened in 3 consecutive events on this server.

Yes there were rounds in those events, but i highly doubt that was the FACTOR.
    The factor was what you said, one side crushed the other.

My 2 cents...

All your points are valid with that said, the concept of the event has been changed. Read main page for details.

It seems there is already a event on the 8th.

Any suggestions on a date for this event? Post it up.
    Good points, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate and bringing up issues that can effect PvP events.
    Rally points are needed, just trying to come up with a way to deal with enemy raids, so far multiple warp/spawn flags are the only thing I can come up with. :/
    And yes, without ECs buffing players at rally points, things could get really ugly.
    As for rounds, I'm just suggesting that maybe we increase the number of rounds if the fighting seems like it can continue.
    This could possibly be encouraged by <STORM> splitting its troops or switching faction if the battles are too one sided.
    Because of the "one way in, one way out" situation with the shuttle port at Vreni, it would be great to have warp flags in the rally cities.
    This was done during the last battle of Vreni and many others.
    Possibly 3 spawn points per faction on Vreni (to help prevent camping) with the corresponding 3 warp flags in the faction cities?
    Love the changes Cem, hope I'm being constructive.
    As for date?
    I wouldn't mind going to 2 events in 1 day, or missing 1 and going to another, just a thought.
    My work schedule is 8am to 4-6pm mon-fri PST.
    Hope I can make it whatever day it's on.
    Last edited by Ruledo; 11-27-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Thread Information