Closed Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
    How will the new server impact financial cost of the project? Will there be more server space to pay for?
    Finalizer will add no costs to the SWGEmu expenses.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    414h last 30d
    What a great Christmas present!

Many, many thanks to the devs for bring us to this point with this great game. I could not be happier with the starting server constraints.

So, when do we get a countdown timer to launch?

neutrineaux

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I wish you all good fortune on the new server and I hope all old beefs are squashed and everyone starts fresh and is nice to one another.

I dont think i'll be joining in but hope everyone has a good and fun time

Also serving you from The Nika Marketplace outside of Kaadara, Naboo - /way 6148 6283

CSR
    Play Stats
    676h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jidha View Post
    Im aware of the moving things over servers, however is there going to be any ruling on cross-server trades?
    example: i trade an exceptional tissue to someone on Bas. that same person trades me a rare tissue over on finalizer as the deal.
    i would like this to be known before things start.
    allowed, banned, frowned upon.
    ATM our stance is "Frowned Upon". We'll see as the servers unfold however.
    Jaws
    CSR

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lets gooooooo. Great job team! Super excited for this!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    ATM our stance is "Frowned Upon". We'll see as the servers unfold however.
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of starting fresh? You could have commando with adk armor afk farming krayts flooding the new server with tissues. Same with other late game items.
    Finalizer:
    Libaax - Teras Kasi, Creature Handler, Ranger
    Tchukelz - BH, Pistoleer

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by valthron View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of starting fresh? You could have commando with adk armor afk farming krayts flooding the new server with tissues. Same with other late game items.
    It's not trading items from one server to another. He asked if you could do a trade like "give me X on bas and I'll give you Y on Lizzo" Right now it against the rules to say "I'll give you my ADK on Bas if you give me your ADK on [other server]" or whatever. I think he's asking because both servers would be emu servers in this case.

This does remind me that I used to chat with friends when they were on other servers on live. Something like "/tell wanderhome.tyrson hi" Did adding friends work that way too? /addf bria.BillyBob?

I think cross emu-server chat would be cool. Cross-server tells, friend's list, chat channels. I think that'd all be pretty neat.

Remember chat used to have the Core3. prefix?

Cross-server chat could be like that Basilisk.Veplo: "I like turtles" Finalizer.Everyone "Shut up Veplo."

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    It's not trading items from one server to another. He asked if you could do a trade like "give me X on bas and I'll give you Y on Lizzo" Right now it against the rules to say "I'll give you my ADK on Bas if you give me your ADK on [other server]" or whatever. I think he's asking because both servers would be emu servers in this case.
    Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
    Finalizer:
    Libaax - Teras Kasi, Creature Handler, Ranger
    Tchukelz - BH, Pistoleer

Play Stats
    23h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Q: Will you change how FRS xp is earned so there’s no need for fight clubs, balance changes to looted dot weapons or CM dots or addressing the AFKers, Ewoks/Krayts/Acklay etc?
    A: We feel that the change to 2 characters and one online at the time, will make it so that the players are more dependent on each other and that it will make fight clubs harder to achieve. It will still be possible to do. To solve that, would require a new system and that is not something we can do at the start of this server.
    I've given some thought about this, as the first legitimate Rank 11 Jedi on Basilisk, from firsthand experience, I am completely opposed to Fight Clubbing. I'd rather not rank up at all if this is the only option. Let me explain.

Yes, the statement is true, with 2 toon limit, 1 online, it will be difficult to pull off within a small group this time, but people are too used to the Basilisk BS meta now. I can see the server coming together to find a way to make it happen.

What I would suggest to fix it is this: Make a blanket announcement to ban Fight Clubbing (suspicious pattern kills could be tracked) and increase FRS XP per kill drastically (no need to touch any other XP type.)

Anyone caught breaking the rule could just have their rank and xp removed, and made to redo the Knight trials. I think that's fair without having to ban anyone because they PvP dodged.

If I recall, Mitzah was against it when coding the FRS. Also fairly certain from memory, SOE CSR's banned people back in the day for this, but reversed their stance later. Big mistake.

Just my feedback on this topic. I think Staff have been doing an awesome job listening to the community, and most of the decisions are perfect for Finalizer. But this one could be a big oversight for the Jedi population. However, you guys also have 6 weeks to discuss it and figure this out before it becomes an issue.

Perhaps others have a better solution. Would love to hear the ideas.
    Last edited by SLiFeR; 12-13-2021 at 05:18 PM.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are looking into some changes to FRS. Our new server would be the perfect place to test it. Can't tell you how we will change it though, since we haven't landed one one yet, but discussions are happening
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    23h last 30d
    We are looking into some changes to FRS. Our new server would be the perfect place to test it. Can't tell you how we will change it though, since we haven't landed one one yet, but discussions are happening
    Great! That's very encouraging to hear! Thank you guys for looking in to it.
    <JuDGE> Guild Leader | First SWGEmu Jedi Knight & Rank 11 Jedi Council Leader

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I know you all are busy and working as hard as you can on this project, but do you a more specific target date than "before the holidays". Not trying to add more pressure but I do have some flex days I am able to use in the next two weeks, and want to get them on the books as soon as I can.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No, we can't give any certainties. I said the 188th somewhere, but we can't promise. The 18th is not very long, so I doubt it.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    Inactive
    No, we can't give any certainties. I said the 188th somewhere, but we can't promise. The 18th is not very long, so I doubt it.

...but the 188th is a very, very long way away.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    With regards to the FRS will fight clubbing be allowed before the new changes are tested?

Also with regards to the 18th, I think I speak for everyone when I say, is there anything we can do to help?

Closed Thread

Thread Information