Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Server downtime 10/18/11

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Actually Liberator should be wiped long before 1.0 is complete and SC launched. Once we reach End of Liberator Milestone, it will be wiped and the old code replaced with the new OR code. Liberator or whatever the name is will become a play/test server but it will still be subject to wipes if and when further development demands it.

Anyway, I just checked... still no news, still no ETA.

Ill try keep you posted.
    Vlada, if I haven't said it already I have been meaning to... your involvement combined with your wisdom and helpful actions are so very much appreciated. I am so utterly grateful you and others like you are here for our inquiring minds.

Yeah, I knew there would be a wipe a bit later but also knew you were not wiping Liberator as often as you were anymore. Also, I noticed that the Liberator milestone you gave us a link to had no mention of Creature Handler nor the Bio-Engineer professions. Would you venture a guess as to the status of those two professions and perhaps why they seem to be so low-priority even tho so many of us want them implemented? Like will SunCrusher have them implemented or at least be testing them? Sorry for the inquiry but I've been frothing at the mouth to get my bio on! lol

Again, thanks Vlada... I have given you reputation points but see that perhaps they have not registered or maybe it takes more than a few recommendations in order for a Rep Power point to show. :P You are da bomb and it is very noticable! Thanks!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    18k view ... in 2 day.. lol. too much ppl addict to this game :-)

IGNs: Srith Aine, Arhitector ArgonyX

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Also, I noticed that the Liberator milestone you gave us a link to had no mention of Creature Handler nor the Bio-Engineer professions. Would you venture a guess as to the status of those two professions and perhaps why they seem to be so low-priority even tho so many of us want them implemented? Like will SunCrusher have them implemented or at least be testing them? Sorry for the inquiry but I've been frothing at the mouth to get my bio on! lol
    CH and BE require a number of other professions to be fully working in order for them to work. It would be like trying to get BH working without the underlying Marksman professions working.

Suncrusher is going to be the release server (aka 1.0) and as such won't be brought online until the code is as close to publish 14.1 as possible.
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by erminator View Post
    How many have got to this stage????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVaqJnQ1Sg
    LOL I don't know about the extreme of beating my head on my keyboard but I have DEFINITELY felt the pain of this downtime! lol *eye-twitch*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Friday 4PM pst smithand

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyssia View Post
    CH and BE require a number of other professions to be fully working in order for them to work. It would be like trying to get BH working without the underlying Marksman professions working.

Suncrusher is going to be the release server (aka 1.0) and as such won't be brought online until the code is as close to publish 14.1 as possible.
    Well that makes a ton of sense, Ellyssia! Thanks!!! I was just sooooo effected by the great SWG Betrayal that placed me and the hubby in self-therapy that I was praying and hoping that BE and CH would not be shoved aside and left in the trash heap!!!! Your post and info have given me such uplifting hope that I can now stop experimenting on our family dog! BLESS YOU! hehe Excellent news indeed!
    Last edited by MiniMe; 10-20-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spelled "now" as "not" and didn't make sense, or made me look terribly cruel to my dog.

SWGEmu Retired Forum Moderator Ellyssia's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMe View Post
    Well that makes a ton of sense, Ellyssia! Thanks!!! I was just sooooo effected by the great SWG Betrayal that placed me and the hubby in self-therapy that I was praying and hoping that BE and CH would not be shoved aside and left in the trash heap!!!! Your post and info have given me such uplifting hope that I can now stop experimenting on our family dog! BLESS YOU! hehe Excellent news indeed!
    They will be there, but as for when? who knows at this point in time
    Ellyssia
    Forum Moderator

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Monday 1:00pm

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lol so many posts.. I don't want the wipe I got mbh and surge same time. So im kinda excited but if it does happen. Its cool with me, but im wanting my character lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah...I for one wouldn't be a huge fan of a wipe or significant rollback. Literally within three hours of the server going down, I finally capped my rifleman's speed and also scored an AMAZING 1/1/1 comp helmet off an ancient...I at least want to enjoy those for a while first

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by attwood201 View Post
    Lol so many posts.. I don't want the wipe I got mbh and surge same time. So im kinda excited but if it does happen. Its cool with me, but im wanting my character lol
    surging is relatively easy compared to getting strong. its the last 4 of strong that takes so unbearably long

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by refreund View Post
    surging is relatively easy compared to getting strong. its the last 4 of strong that takes so unbearably long
    Hamster goto Denver and help them fix the frikn server!!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by luttikrob View Post
    Hamster goto Denver and help them fix the frikn server!!
    omw bossman!!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakisss View Post
    The odds of both HDs dying simultaneously is realy freakishly low!
    True enough, but certain types of failures can roast every device attached. Makes for an awful day and they're not at all common, but they do happen.

Those applications where lives and/or significant property damage are at stake don't design gear with a single controller, a single power supply, a single data cable, a single spare on the shelf, or any single point of failure, obviously.

For this project, it makes good sense to go with the odds on the one-in-a-bazillion failure and *not* over-spend the contributed funds on the same level of gear and support services that a search-n-rescue (as an example) might spend.

/voteOfConfidence devs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ok smithand im thinking friday at 830 am central lol

Thread Information