Closed Thread

Thread: Q & A New server, The Finalizer

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Any chance of a discord chat bot that will pull live chat into the discord and vise versa ?

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrax989 View Post
    Any chance of a discord chat bot that will pull live chat into the discord and vise versa ?
    Live chat?
    Glenac Smodre .:[Smd]:.
    Drop-Off: Lok /way 520 5680 Nym's Express Badge

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was wondering why we can't run dual instances (2 toons on at the same time)? I think that was allowed at 14.1. I was allowed during the CU.
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    I was wondering why we can't run dual instances (2 toons on at the same time)? I think that was allowed at 14.1. I was allowed during the CU.
    No, that was never part of 14.1. 2 characters online at the same time is a big issue for a game like SWG. interdependence on other players is maybe the biggest one. This is an MMO after all. End game becomes easy mode with 2 characters filled up with aliases and macros.

We want to see what the 1 character online will do to the dynamics of the server.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    No, that was never part of 14.1. 2 characters online at the same time is a big issue for a game like SWG. interdependence on other players is maybe the biggest one. This is an MMO after all. End game becomes easy mode with 2 characters filled up with aliases and macros.

We want to see what the 1 character online will do to the dynamics of the server.
    I知 amongst many other are extremely excited for the a new server finally!.

How do we create our new characters on this new server ensuring we keep our Basilik main toon names?
    I read about the reservation of names but are trying to understand how that will work.

Thanks!
    Oaken Wave - Kettemoor

CSR
    Play Stats
    671h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaken View Post
    I知 amongst many other are extremely excited for the a new server finally!.

How do we create our new characters on this new server ensuring we keep our Basilik main toon names?
    I read about the reservation of names but are trying to understand how that will work.

Thanks!
    As with TC Nova, when you go to create your character and choose your galaxy and get to the character creation page. In this case you choose Fin and if the name you choose isn't reserved for another account (all done backend), you can successfully create the character. After 90d the names are released and anybody can use them.
    Jaws
    CSR

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Actual big peepowow
    Jephin :: Jephi :: Jephh <CaH>
    Jeph <-N->
    ---------
    Seph <-SR-> :: Ahazi

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post

this is true. I had a doctor alt and a jedi main, I used to log in my jedi, then log my doc and quickly buff my jedi while he was LD. sometimes i wouldnt be quick enough and have to log in again for the last buff. the only way having more than 1 character was possible, was if you had more than 1 account.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Starkiller01 View Post
    this is true. I had a doctor alt and a jedi main, I used to log in my jedi, then log my doc and quickly buff my jedi while he was LD. sometimes i wouldnt be quick enough and have to log in again for the last buff. the only way having more than 1 character was possible, was if you had more than 1 account.
    We have the LD part here too. It last 3 minutes. You can give it a doc buff, but not any thing else, or trade.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can you comment on if Bas will continue to get updates/pubs/patches? Or will it stay as it is now?
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    Can you comment on if Bas will continue to get updates/pubs/patches? Or will it stay as it is now?
    Why wouldn't it? This server is what I cann 'advanced' nova, in that it gets patches very nearly as often as Nova does, Bas will get it once everything has been tested, which this should help us test changes much quicker.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information