Thread: VPNs and our services

Threaded View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
    You know that many countries around the world requires the use of VPNs since there governments blocks many parts of the internet, also those who travel to those countries and still want to play?
    I recommend allowing VPNs only on demand by users put there names on a list and then you can check them for abuse.
    Blocking it all is too drastic in a free world.
    I would feel sorry for people in cases like that, but we will not start with an on demand thing and have to check them. Then we are back at what we do now. You have no idea how much time some of us spend on this project, searching and banning. It is ridiculous. I'm soon at my limit of it and this can't come soon enough. Just today I have searched a bunch more and banned 19 of the accounts for multiple accounts. last month i banned 84 accounts in one day. I also had a record that day, one guy having 27 accounts. I hope people understand that we need to control this before we go to 1.0 and that means we will not allow VPNs. For the ones who can't or will not login to services without a VPN, I'm sorry, but then we are not the server for you. It will actually be a very little part of the community that only have VPN as an option.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 11-17-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Thread Information