Closed Thread

Thread: Public Engine3 without time restrictions

Hybrid View

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    People who believe this is to benefit private server development are delusional

Forcing, not asking, peoples work to suddenly become open source seems alot to ask especially since some of those servers have been around for years.

Considering how many projects have used leaked source as feature boosters, which is readily available as many of you know, Im not sure why making servers like bloodfin go open source would benefit anyone.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Livy2K View Post
    People who believe this is to benefit private server development are delusional

Forcing, not asking, peoples work to suddenly become open source seems alot to ask especially since some of those servers have been around for years.

Considering how many projects have used leaked source as feature boosters, which is readily available as many of you know, I'm not sure why making servers like bloodfin go open source would benefit anyone.

I agree , while this is a good idea overall , how will this be enforced? it could bring negative attention to the project if you try to force it . the implications of this are deep for sure... I'm glad it was done though , maybe DEV things will go a bit faster now.
    IGN : Mineralx | Drop Off Vendor : 1KM Outside CNET near LIVE City @ /way 187 -5719

Retired Lead Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by IxeStarwind View Post
    I agree , while this is a good idea overall , how will this be enforced? it could bring negative attention to the project if you try to force it . the implications of this are deep for sure... I'm glad it was done though , maybe DEV things will go a bit faster now.
    Legal actions, where applicable.

PD: The license change is not retro-active, code released prior to the license change is still under GPL and not AGPL
    Last edited by TheAnswer; 04-19-2015 at 02:06 PM.

theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information