View Full Version : Current and future event guidelines

Pages : [1] 2

Vlada
07-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Current and future event guidelines

July 25th, 2013
The SWGEmu Staff

Current and future event guidelines - 07/25/13

First and foremost i would like to apologize to our community, our dedicated supporters, testers and players for the events that transpired during player requested event on the night of July 24th. Following the outdated guidelines created years ago for server where a database wipe was an every day thing, our Event Coordinators have created a situation where a small group of players gained an unfair advantage over everyone else. EC's in question can not be blamed though, they only followed the guidelines that were in effect. It is our leadership team that has dropped the ball on this one, we should have payed more attention, recognized the changes that happened and adjusted those guidelines accordingly.

Since all our teams EC, CSR, QA and Dev went through quite a few incarnations as did their team leaders, the only constant was CR aka current Mod team, and because of that most of that responsibility should be mine. We should have seen the change and acted accordingly. I should have seen it. It is because of that that i have offered my resignation to our project Founders and if they think i should step down i will gladly remove myself from team lead role or from SWEmu staff.

Once again, i will ask you not to make any more threads on this matter, and not to point fingers. If you have something to say you can say it in this thread, it will remain open as long as we can keep the constructive discussion going.

Please note that this is just a first draft, a work in progress and it is subject to change...

Player requested events request form and guidelines:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/event_art.png

SWGEmu Player Event Request Form

To request a player event, please fill out this form and email it to events@swgemu.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible and let you know if an Event Coordinator is available to help you with your event!

Forum Name:
Character Name:
Guild (if applicable):
Event Date (make sure this is at least one week in advance):
Event Time (please give us a start time and general end time):
Event Location(s):
Is there a specific Event Coordinator you would like to request?

Event Information

Please give us a brief description of your event idea. Keep in mind that we can create any in-game props that are not buildings with interiors, as well as spawn creatures that are implemented in the game only.
Please give us a detailed timeline for your event, including set-up time:
Will your event be open to the public? If no, who will be attending?
Any other information you can give us about the event?
Are there any questions you have as to what we can do/implement for your event?

Guidelines:

1. For these kind of event we cannot give

badges
item or cash rewards (unless supplied by the requester)

2. For these kind of event we cannot:

Spawn attachable MOB's or NPC's

Buff or resurrect participants

Teleport participants
Stop other players or guilds from participating

3. For these kind of event we can:

Spawn objects and none attackable NPC's and MOB's
Send system messages
Keep order

4. Player Requested PvP guidelines can be found here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89152).

Staff sponsored events:

1. Need to be announced in advance
2. Announcement posted on our forums, Facebook page, G+ page and twitter
3. Everyone is welcome to attend
4. System messages need to be broadcasted server wide, every 15 to 30 minutes at least 2 hours before beginning of the event
5. EC's can spawn attackable MOB's and NPC's
6. EC's can give badges to those that attended
7. Buffs can be provided
8. Credits or items can not be handed out as awards unless community members provide them

~The SWGEmu Staff

novak64
07-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Shut up Vlada this is not your fault. You are one of the only stable things here. Thanks for feeling the way you do but the EMU and EMU Team need you here.

Gooroc
07-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Long live vlada

This isn't vladas fault ... This isn't Cali's fault... This isn't revs fault... This prob isn't < c >s fault this is the fault of the trollers on the forums that instead of saying "hey looks like the policy needs an update". Decided to start a "basalisk will come to a screeching halt because there is a dev conspiracy to destroy the WORLD" thread.

MasterSith88
07-26-2013, 07:27 AM
It was a screw up but don't leave over it, you rectified it for us and we need you!

Vote Vlada 2013!

josterman
07-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Don't let the idiots get to u, it isn't your fault

nee2earth
07-26-2013, 07:35 AM
Current and future event guidelines

July 25th, 2013
The SWGEmu Staff

Current and future event guidelines - 07/25/13

It is because of that that i have offered my resignation to our project Founders and if they think i should step down i will gladly remove myself from team lead role or from SWEmu staff.

[I
~The SWGEmu Staff[/B]

The updated 'Guidelines' look great. Nice work.

However, while i for one appreciate your contrite tone and altruistic need to 'take one for the team', I believe it would be a great mistake if the EMU accepted your "resignation" .

Vlada: your presence is very valuable and appreciated. Don't leave. You've come to far now imo. And there is no need to "step down" ...imho.

/pep-talk

Mininolan
07-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Shut up Vlada this is not your fault. You are one of the only stable things here. Thanks for feeling the way you do but the EMU and EMU Team need you here.

QFE....don't let the masses get you down

I do think this calls for a return of the angry cat avatar

Also like TA said the other day......1% of the community have the balls to put up with all of our *****ing and moaning enough to stay on staff. You have stuck with us through thick and thin

Just a few hours ago one of the newer staff guys was telling me on vent that you were one of the most helpful and friendly bros he has ever met

delznope
07-26-2013, 07:44 AM
This post and these guide-lines are exactly what was needed. Your resignation is not.

Arulius
07-26-2013, 07:51 AM
Wow, Vlada don't quit on us. It was an oversight that nobody saw coming. It's out in the open now and I'm sure the ones who had a problem with it are pleased with the outcome. You stepped up to the plate, don't strike out now.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Since all our teams EC, CSR, QA and Dev went through quite a few incarnations as did their team leaders, the only constant was CR aka current Mod team, and because of that most of that responsibility should be mine. We should have seen the change and acted accordingly. I should have seen it. It is because of that that i have offered my resignation to our project Founders and if they think i should step down i will gladly remove myself from team lead role or from SWEmu staff.

i personally greatly appreciate the acknowledgement that this is an outdated policy issue and attempts to create a more timely policy. this is a wonderful response to what has occurred.

i completely understand how policies can remain stagnant and overlooked in a changing system. i do not agree that you have full responsibility to have seen this. i think everyone working within the system had the ability to see this and therefor had some small small responsibility to for see... but no one had reason to look for it. i think the real issue over all of this is less about the fact that this situation came up and more about the response to it. i do not see your position as the only one constant as grounds for your leaving the project.

there will always be responsibility to share around in situations like this... but the reality is, no one can predict everything when it comes to human behavior. i've said it before in the threads on this. we are testing the code of the game here... but we are also testing the policies and how the community interacts with the game. we found a bug. it lead to an exploit. the outrage comes with the way that was handled when it came to light. the attitude that led to blame the people who object to a broken system instead of acknowledge and fix it. this attitude seems to still be in place with some of the SWGEmu staff. this is not your fault, Vlada. your resignation will not effect that.

ubernoobOWNZ
07-26-2013, 08:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/OuCEN2u.jpg OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!!

on a serious note....quitting is for losers, your not a loser are you vlada?

roodypooh
07-26-2013, 08:15 AM
I think vlada should resign just so he don't have to deal with the bs anymore.. dude deserves a break....

Diir_eckt
07-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Vlada, your offer to resign over this is a concession I can honestly say no one expected or wanted. Pump the brakes please!

Rumpels
07-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Oh frikkin HELLLLLLL no you don't....sorry Vlada, but you ain't getting away that easily matey.

No Vlada = No SWG Forums

Just cause we love givin you sheet, doesn't mean we don't like ya!! sorta...

josterman
07-26-2013, 08:25 AM
http://youtu.be/GtkST5-ZFHw

Sauska
07-26-2013, 09:12 AM
You're not to blame, Vlada. Any EC with an IQ above room temperature could have figured out that this event would create an unfair advantage.

Cherish
07-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Vlada in know way is this fault, and you shouldn't have to resign over it. This project needs constants to keep it going, and you are one of them.

I for one saw no issue with event staff spawning attackable creatures, the issue was that it was a private affair.
I've heard stories from live that the best times players had was when NPC's were attacking a city and the community as a whole had to come together to fight them off, for weeks on end.
I missed the last public event where the EMU event staff lay seige to Anchorhead, with everything from ancient krayts, NS Elders, DJM and Tuskan raiders, (even ackley). It was all my guildmates could talkabout how they had fun even though they died 5 times.

I for one would like to see the revision that if its a public affair then attackable NPC's and creatures can be used. If the ackley farmers whine, they are more then welcome to attend a real event, and out damage everyone with their T-21, Power hammer and stun batons.

Blahw
07-26-2013, 10:20 AM
i dont want u to quite vlada.
I really did not know how ppl would rage about it so made a poor statement ill take it back.
Feed no one to the sarlac and im not proud i added too the rage

lordstarwolf
07-26-2013, 10:43 AM
See what all the rage and *****ing gets you? So what, someone on an alpha server gets a couple of acklay bones and breaks a monopoly for a day, and it costs this project one of it's most active members. No wonder it's taking so long to get to 1.0, listening to ungrateful people who do nothing but ***** and forum pvp can and will burn the will to contribute out of anyone. Every little mistake or oversight is relentlessly harped on by people who don't contribute either time or money to see this project to it's completion.

Just learn to F'ing relax and enjoy the game. We ain't there yet, not even close.

oddwan
07-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Read all the threads, thought about it a bit - and the only thing I could see through all the raging and accusation flying was that an error had occurred because of an older policy. And that is what the testing is all about for us and the team - finding what doesn't work; fixing it. The new policy shows the testing is working. No need for resignations over it, or traumas on behalf of the EC - it isn't easy organising events EVEN with all the tools to hand (I know as I did a few on the live server) so it's a learning curve.

What did make itself most apparent in the threads though was the fear underlying all the drama. Fear of losing a game that is loved, fear of favouritism because it is run by a few dedicated souls and not a soulless corporation, fear of losing players from emu because of actions. Take heart from that - everyone cares and the majority are in for the long haul till we get to the promised land. :)

Synclair_Draco
07-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Once again I will stand on my soapbox and I never even talked to Vlada or member of dev team that I know of anyway. I again state what you all volunteer to do for free is not done much in this world today. Whatever happened happened, you recognized and stood up and took responsibility that is enough, most don't do that either. Me being a SWG nut from 2003 I was enjoyed this game and see nothing wrong with it to this point. Sure SOE could give you codes and make all your lifes easier but that not the way it works unfortunately. Only question you must ask yourself, will your resignation really make the other devs life easier and make yourself happy, if answer no then you must stay. PS and give Empire an AT-AT Walker in Coronet!!! j/k take care and enjoy what you do Vlada, so many others are for sure.

Jervin
07-26-2013, 11:10 AM
This place will be lost without Vlada. You can't leave.

RESIGNATION REJECTED.

Tiars
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
I understand your feeling you need to resign.

I do not see any reason for it to happen and feel you should stay in your current position.

LadyCabbett
07-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Bah don't let the whiners win. Esh, in this give me, give me society that we have now, it's a real PITA dealing with them yes. I fired so many people like that it wasn't even funny. Resign over their incessant whining? Nah, they are so not worth it. It would be so nice if you could give the whiners a vacation so that they learn there are far more important things than an assembly of pixels on a screen. If you're stressed out, take a vacation Vlada, no one should look down on you for that; and if they do, they are worth your pity not your distress.

Deebie
07-26-2013, 11:30 AM
I don't wish to add to the drama, but want to voice my stance on the subject. I want Vlada to stay. People are getting too strung out about pixels that will be wiped in the future. When Suncrusher is launched, all of those people who got their uber loots will see it WIPED. Are people forgetting about this tiny fact?

kemistry
07-26-2013, 11:44 AM
It always takes two to tango.
Treat others like you want to be treated. There were both sides involved in this drama. And it just piled up. I don't care for epic loot or bones etc. I'm an entertainer. I have other things I value in this game. One big thing I value is respect. That was missing here big time in my opinion. On both sides. How many threads are on the forums bout kill stealing, hiding mobs, afk camping etc. It should have been pretty obvious that people would be major p*ssed off when they would hear or find out about it. No?

Yes it gets wiped. Yes it's an alpha/test server/project you name it. But that can't be the all time excuse for every single thing that's happening in this game.

To stay on topic: major respect for you Vlada and I hope we still see many posts from you on the forums :)

esmecat
07-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Bah don't let the whiners win. Esh, in this give me, give me society that we have now, it's a real PITA dealing with them yes. I fired so many people like that it wasn't even funny. Resign over their incessant whining? Nah, they are so not worth it. It would be so nice if you could give the whiners a vacation so that they learn there are far more important things than an assembly of pixels on a screen. If you're stressed out, take a vacation Vlada, no one should look down on you for that; and if they do, they are worth your pity not your distress.

this attitude right here... this stir the pot and attack people instead of address issues... this is where all the negativity over this had come from. what good comes from continuing to do this now?

why is asking questions about what are legitimate concerns (ones that Vlada has addressed with this and acknowledged as legitimate concerns) equated to whining while name calling and polarizing aggressive statements are praised? even if you don't agree with the concerns, can't you see how destructive this is?

unless that is actually your goal...

alostsoldiertoo
07-26-2013, 11:50 AM
A resignation from you was never requested and certainly not required. What I think most of us wanted from the exposure of that event was a professional answer and inquiry into what exactly just happened. Unfortunately, people like yourself Vlada or TheAnswer, who would have given us that proper concise response weren't online. Thus, the forums were sent into a moblike rage when EC team members came across as complete apathetic ****s who don't answer to anyone. The correct steps have been taken to fix the holes in the EC rules and restrictions and I believe everyone here can move on knowing it wont be likely to happen again here or on SC.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't wish to add to the drama, but want to voice my stance on the subject. I want Vlada to stay. People are getting too strung out about pixels that will be wiped in the future. When Suncrusher is launched, all of those people who got their uber loots will see it WIPED. Are people forgetting about this tiny fact?

no people are not forgetting that. you are mistaking concern over the health of the project and current community with the idea that people expect it to remain. if you read back through the threads on this, you will find that most of the people actually attempting constructive discourse on this acknowledge repeatedly that it will and must eventually be wiped to achieve the goal of 1.0. that doesn't make the issues here less vital. it makes them more so.

stewdabaker
07-26-2013, 12:02 PM
I usually don't post to the forums but I do lurk a lot.

Vlada don't quit, The player response alone should be enough reason for you to stay.

Nightstaber
07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlKQWEXdHi0kkCW_6xz9lMfbIAp-uWM_IzrDNDfx84OFZ0AYaN

Only one thing to say, and that is No.

Someone screwed up, maybe someone screwed up under your watch.. But do you know what? A boss's responsibility isn't to take responsibility in a scapegoat matter.. His responsibility is to fix whenever an issue appears, whenever someone ****s up, you are supposed to fix the issue.. Like you do now..

You realize it is not needed to point fingers, or to play the blame game.. What is needed is to fix the guidelines.. You then fix the guidelines, and your job as a supervisor or whatever you are is done..

We don't need you to resignate.. No one should need you to do that.. The only thing that would lead to, would be.. Well.. I don't know. Nothing?

Nothing good will come from you leaving..

If you don't want to be a part of this team anymore, you should feel free to resignate.. If you want to resignate because of a screwup that happened? Then you should get your head back in the game and realize how much you bring to this community..

I hope not to see you out of here, and i hope you will listen to me, amongst all other players in this community.

KrazyTrumpeter05
07-26-2013, 12:19 PM
#freeVlada2013

josterman
07-26-2013, 12:32 PM
this attitude right here... this stir the pot and attack people instead of address issues... this is where all the negativity over this had come from. what good comes from continuing to do this now?

why is asking questions about what are legitimate concerns (ones that Vlada has addressed with this and acknowledged as legitimate concerns) equated to whining while name calling and polarizing aggressive statements are praised? even if you don't agree with the concerns, can't you see how destructive this is?

unless that is actually your goal...

Oh the irony of this post, anyways we love ya vlada don't beat yourself up over this.

LaFarsa
07-26-2013, 12:43 PM
Resignation rejected.

thebunny
07-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Wow, Vlada don't quit on us. It was an oversight that nobody saw coming. It's out in the open now and I'm sure the ones who had a problem with it are pleased with the outcome. You stepped up to the plate, don't strike out now.

QFT

There is absolutely no reason for anyone in power to ask Vlada to step down over this.

jthepunisher
07-26-2013, 01:19 PM
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad185/jtwhite0322/joker.gif

Well done.

You have completely distracted the community and shifted their focus to something else. You should run for public office.

Meanwhile we get none of the transparency this project desperately needs, and the real issue (what you should have apologized for) how too many members of this staff view the community as, noncontributors, unimportant, "morons" that waste their time on a server that "doesn't matter" is not addressed.

falacy
07-26-2013, 01:21 PM
I don't get it. Why is Vlada falling on his sword? That rude piece of garbage EC who couldn't keep her fool mouth shut should be the one who gets the boot. Vlada is actually a useful member of the team...

Well done.

You have completely distracted the community and shifted their focus to something else. You should run for public office.

Meanwhile we get none of the transparency this project desperately needs, and the real issue (what you should have apologized for) how too many members of this staff view the community as, noncontributors, unimportant, "morons" that waste their time on a server that "doesn't matter" is not addressed. And this...

weedie
07-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Appreciate you coming forward on this issue Vlada. What I personally want to see however is at least some sort of an apology from Revanis. Her idea of damage control is to call community members morons, unimportant, etc etc. Legitimate concerns have been brought up, and we can see they are legitimate considering action was taken to re-work the existing policy. I do not see an apology from Revanis for treating members of the community as useless cattle that does not know any better.

a63ntorange
07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I personally think they should just wipe, after all the latest issues imbalancing things. Thats just my opinion though.
vlada is still on my list for the last mess with the power handlers however, vlada also appears to be the only one on the
EMU crew that would have actually be hirable by sony for the job hes doing.
I vote you dont quit vlada, your sense of humour is funny as well.

Tombius
07-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Appreciate you coming forward on this issue Vlada. What I personally want to see however is at least some sort of an apology from Revanis. Her idea of damage control is to call community members morons, unimportant, etc etc. Legitimate concerns have been brought up, and we can see they are legitimate considering action was taken to re-work the existing policy. I do not see an apology from Revanis for treating members of the community as useless cattle that does not know any better.

+1 ^^This is what is needed. We dont want a scape goat.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 01:50 PM

i personally do not think an apology should cut it. i think it is necessary... but i think it is the least that is owed. i do not think Revanis should remain in a position that is entirely a public relations position when she has behaved so badly towards the community at large and individuals directly and continues to do so and defend it. honestly, no matter how badly people behave... and trust me, this was far from really bad for a game forum (from the players, that is)... a member of staff should not behave in the manner she has. there needs to be a level of professionalism required of the staff, volunteer or not.

Stonecloud
07-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Vlada, you are better at running this than most people who run companies. It is time to clean up, unless you are just tired and want to walk away. The fact that the EC staff can't see how stupid they are, and would rather throw insults than admit they screwed up. Look at it like this, they are the ones who will have the most contact with the players....we see how they act. Sometime it just takes couple of years to see someones true colors. <Cloned> Just played them like fools, unless this was a "treat" and a "favor" then, it is a much worse issue.

Saudais
07-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Vlada, consider your offer of resignation rejected.

You do a tremendous job of keeping these forums in-line, despite the best efforts of some of the trollers. You don't get a lot of thanks for doing it, so I'd like to extend my personal thanks to you - it can be tough trying to contain some of the inflated egos here but you do it admirable, and I for one would miss your sense of humour.

Cliffy
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Man this is ridiculous! Most people upset just wanted to see policy CHANGED or clarified (as it said no items given out) so that private events wouldn't be done like this again....

It's done now so time to move on with better policy. I think the original confrontational messages from some staff made people get madder. Cam came clean and apologized and now this makes it handled perfectly!! All is good and you're going nowhere! :)

Revanis
07-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Fine, fine. I'll talk to my boss and quit.

Sheeeesh.

Video games.

bendersolo
07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Please don't resign Vlada.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 02:07 PM

Sheeeesh.

Video games.

still no apology for your behavior, i see.

Sauska
07-26-2013, 02:09 PM

Sheeeesh.

Video games.
Too much drama. Just grow a pair, own up to the fact that you made a serious error in judgement, apologize and make it sound sincere, let the community harass you for it till it dies down, and move on.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 02:10 PM
still no apology for your behavior, i see.

Haha, nah. I don't feel remorse for defending my friends. I thought you'd be happy, though.

Too much drama. Just grow a pair, own up to the fact that you made a serious error in judgement, apologize and make it sound sincere, let the community harass you for it till it dies down, and move on.

See above.

This isn't the first time this has happened, anyone on staff can attest to that. I will stop it. I don't know why Vlada is drawing attention to himself like this, I know he's stressed and sometimes looks for a way out but this had nothing to do with him. Hell, didn't even have anything to do with me, I just love being a vile messenger.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Hell, didn't even have anything to do with me, I just love being a vile messenger.

this is exactly why you should not be in this position

Sauska
07-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Amen!

/10char

Revanis
07-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Whiiiich is why I said I'll quit?

Good lord.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Whiiiich is why I said I'll quit?

Good lord.

and which also does not change the fact that you owe the community an apology.

you do realize you violated the forum rules multiple times. simply because you are staff does not make that acceptable.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/rules.php
2.1 Spamming, baiting and trolling will not be tolerated. No harmful, abusive, racially, sexually or ethnically offensive, overtly sexual, illegal content or discussions.
2.4 Do not post any user's real-world personal information without his or her expressed permission.

bendersolo
07-26-2013, 02:23 PM
This isn't the first time this has happened, anyone on staff can attest to that. I will stop it. I don't know why Vlada is drawing attention to himself like this, I know he's stressed and sometimes looks for a way out but this had nothing to do with him. Hell, didn't even have anything to do with me, I just love being a vile messenger.

Stop antagonizing people already. The issue has been resolved, let it peter out.

This EMU rocks, you all contribute to it being awesome. Recent PR issues aside I for one really appreciate what the EMU staff does and I'm grateful to them. GL.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 02:30 PM

you do realize you violated the forum rules multiple times. simply because you are staff does not make that acceptable.

2.1 Spamming, baiting and trolling will not be tolerated. No harmful, abusive, racially, sexually or ethnically offensive, overtly sexual, illegal content or discussions.
2.4 Do not post any user's real-world personal information without his or her expressed permission.

Fine, I'm sorry I was so harsh. I stand by what I said in regards to the effect on Basilisk, but I should not have been so rude. My friend was nearly in tears and that upset me quite a bit, my bad.

PS. Technically I didn't explicitly break any of those rules since one has to be pretty harsh to trigger them, sorry to burst that bubble.

Stop antagonizing people already. The issue has been resolved, let it peter out.

Just trying to calm people down, sorry.

Tombius
07-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Not being funny but its hardly rocket science is it to know that a very well known guild isnt into RP...more pvp. I think the thing here is also the fact that people believe (well know) that what went on shouldnt have. Yeah I love live events etc aand really really appreciate the time work and effort put in but this one totally took the pee big time.
Also yeah sorry but you should apologise, I know you do it for free etc etc but some comments made by you were out of order.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 02:41 PM

Good lord get off the high horse already. You are one of the chief reasons this has gotten so blown out of proportion. They made a mistake and you have badgered them to the point of tears. Stop being such a judgmental, instigating jackass.

As for Revanis, you can't win this. I support you defending your friend but the butthurt that has been caused by this has these people foaming at the mouth. I'd let it go. Don't quit just throw up deuce birds and let these people nerd rage for a bit.

Oh and Vlada, cmon man you shouldn't have to fall on the sword for this. It was a mistake. You guys give your time freely. We dont pay you and apparently some of these fools don't understand just how much of yourselves you guys give to this project. Most of us appreciate what you do and think this is all blown way out of proportion.

falacy
07-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Some insincere bull****... Go away. Don't come back.

kitsinni
07-26-2013, 02:42 PM

You may have been trying to defend your friend, which I completely understand. The way you did it probably created more drama and resentment for them than if you said nothing. Any time someone on staff pretty much tells the community they don't matter it is bad for the project regardless of if it is specifically your job to do PR or not. There is a huge difference between PR not being your job and creating negative PR for a project.

axel8000
07-26-2013, 02:46 PM

Sheeeesh.

Video games.

Can I have your stuff?

esmecat
07-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Fine, I'm sorry I was so harsh. I stand by what I said in regards to the effect on Basilisk, but I should not have been so rude. My friend was nearly in tears and that upset me quite a bit, my bad.

PS. Technically I didn't explicitly break any of those rules since one has to be pretty harsh to trigger them, sorry to burst that bubble.

you should learn to calm down and think about what you are saying before responding if you are unable to treat people with decency and respect when you are upset. Cami was upset. Cami stopped posting until she had calmed down and treated the community with respect and honesty. people respect her for it.

your "apology" is far from sounding sincere... it also minimizes your behavior. be harsh is not what you did.

just because there are no consequences for you does not mean you did not violate those rules. just as the original issue required judgement to look at the policy and know that the event violated the spirit of it... you should be capable of reading those rules and knowing that your actions violate them.

axel8000
07-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Good lord get off the high horse already. You are one of the chief reasons this has gotten so blown out of proportion. They made a mistake and you have badgered them to the point of tears. Stop being such a judgmental, instigating jackass.

As for Revanis, you can't win this. I support you defending your friend but the butthurt that has been caused by this has these people foaming at the mouth. I'd let it go. Don't quit just throw up deuce birds and let these people nerd rage for a bit.

Oh and Vlada, cmon man you shouldn't have to fall on the sword for this. It was a mistake. You guys give your time freely. We dont pay you and apparently some of these fools don't understand just how much of yourselves you guys give to this project. Most of us appreciate what you do and think this is all blown way out of proportion.

Wrong. Revanis is why this got so blown out of proportion. Had she not responded the way she did Vlada would still be here. It was all the complaints about Revanis that got Vlada to resign. Which is probably why she feels bad enough to quit.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Wrong. Revanis is why this got so blown out of proportion. Had she not responded the way she did Vlada would still be here. It was all the complaints about Revanis that got Vlada to resign. Which is probably why she feels bad enough to quit.

I disagree. She was doing what any LOYAL friend would do. Was it the smartest thing to do in this situation? Probably not. But I will not fault her for defending her friend.

You guys all seem to think you're owed something here. Tell me again how much you are paying for this? What service you expect from them? If you think you can do better then knock yourself out. Otherwise let it die already. Esmecat contributed way more to this being an issue in my opinion. Thats exactly what I'm typing is as well. My opinion with my main toon name plastered in my sig, not hiding behind a forum name.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 02:57 PM

thank you. once again, personal attacks override rational and constructive discussion.

i did not cause Revanis to behave in the way she did. only Revanis is responsible for Revanis's behavior. this is part of being an adult. i did not behave in the way she did despite the fact she personally attacked me. it would not have blown up the way it did if she had not responded the way she did.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 02:59 PM
your "apology" is far from sounding sincere... it also minimizes your behavior. be harsh is not what you did.

just because there are no consequences for you does not mean you did not violate those rules. just as the original issue required judgement to look at the policy and know that the event violated the spirit of it... you should be capable of reading those rules and knowing that your actions violate them.

Believe what you will, I guess. Nothing more I can do for minds that are made already, or at least nothing I know of.

If y'all have any ideas, shoot.

Fomy
07-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Long live vlada

This isn't vladas fault ... This isn't Cali's fault... This isn't revs fault... This prob isn't < c >s fault this is the fault of the trollers on the forums that instead of saying "hey looks like the policy needs an update". Decided to start a "basalisk will come to a screeching halt because there is a dev conspiracy to destroy the WORLD" thread.

the "basilisk will come to a screeching halt" isn't any means of trolling, it's an actual logical statement. It 100% is not fair that the event happened, and people had every right to express their opinions on the matter. I know I for one completely rethought if it was worth spending my time in a game where others were getting advantages in "private" events. It just takes away the entire incentive of the game when things like that are going on, so in essence Vlada's appology was COMPLETELY necessary to show that the development team along with all the other team-members behind the working of the emu actually do understand how big of a mistake they had made.

I think it's very honorable of Vlada to come out and handle the situation, although I do not think a resignation is what is needed here. The simple update of the event rules is absolutely suffice and I believe the thread should be closed just to do everybody a favor.

It's over and done with, I'm glad the Emu team recognized their mistake, and I'm glad it's been fixed so that the game can continue to be well-balanced and fair to all members of the community :)

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
thank you. once again, personal attacks override rational and constructive discussion.

i did not cause Revanis to behave in the way she did. only Revanis is responsible for Revanis's behavior. this is part of being an adult. i did not behave in the way she did despite the fact she personally attacked me. it would not have blown up the way it did if she had not responded the way she did.

No but you keep poking her with a sharp stick Esmecat. Not everyone is a milktoast, Ill take the abuse patsy. Don't act like you haven't contributed to this mess.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
I disagree. She was doing what any LOYAL friend would do. Was it the smartest thing to do in this situation? Probably not. But I will not fault her for defending her friend.

You guys all seem to think you're owed something here. Tell me again how much you are paying for this? What service you expect from them? If you think you can do better then knock yourself out. Otherwise let it die already. Esmecat contributed way more to this being an issue in my opinion. Thats exactly what I'm typing is as well. My opinion with my main toon name plastered in my sig, not hiding behind a forum name.

it is possible to defend a friend without resorting to name calling and belittling the community.

and my forum name is all that is here because i rarely use the forums and never had reason to set up a signature. if you had asked me at any time who my toon in game was, i would have happily answered you.

Jinian is my toon name.

while i expect that there will be those childish enough to stoop to in game harassment because of it, i am not hiding behind anything or trying to avoid responsibility for what i have said.

and what i think i'm owed is being treated with basic respect from a staff member. i'm owed that because i have treated them with the same respect i expect from them.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Believe what you will, I guess. Nothing more I can do for minds that are made already, or at least nothing I know of.

Just walk away knowing you defended your friend from what is absolutely an overreaction. Let it die down, take a break and come back strong.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 03:07 PM

You're a bully. Speak in well formed sentences (for the most part) all you want, and hide behind some wafer-thin rationalisation like this, but ultimately you are nothing but a schoolyard bully - poking, provoking, teasing and never stepping back or letting well enough alone.

Make all the excuses you want, but you are the agent provocateur in this current debacle.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 03:09 PM
it is possible to defend a friend without resorting to name calling and belittling the community.

and my forum name is all that is here because i rarely use the forums and never had reason to set up a signature. if you had asked me at any time who my toon in game was, i would have happily answered you.

Jinian is my toon name.

while i expect that there will be those childish enough to stoop to in game harassment because of it, i am not hiding behind anything or trying to avoid responsibility for what i have said.

and what i think i'm owed is being treated with basic respect from a staff member. i'm owed that because i have treated them with the same respect i expect from them.

You aren't OWED anything. Thats the thing. You think you are owed something and you absolutely are not.

Oh and I won't harass you in game. The IGN thing is a pet peeve of mine because so many people hide behind a forum name. I applaud you for revealing yours but I absolutely CBF messing with you in game.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 03:13 PM
No but you keep poking her with a sharp stick Esmecat. Not everyone is a milktoast, Ill take the abuse patsy. Don't act like you haven't contributed to this mess.

i have completely contributed to continuing this by pushing that the issues be addressed and not be swept aside simply because an EC doesn't think the concerns of the community matter. but i have contributed to this by repeated,y requesting that people stick to the actual issues and treat each other with respect. i will absolutely take responsibility for that. i will always fight a corrupt or flawed system when i see one.

i'm sorry that reminding her than she resorted to abuse is poking her with a sharp stick. unfortunately, when you make a mistake, it doesn't go away just because you are upset that people don't like it.

Kin-char-bamin
07-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Wow, everyone take a chill pill.
Something happened that shouldn't, but it did.
It's in the past.
Quit getting all upset now.
This game and this community are too important to blow this all out of proportion.
We learn, we move on, we make sure it doesn't happen again.
Nobody should quit, everyone should chill, there should be Beer and Pie for everyone!
Can we get back to how kick-*** it is to have this game back in whatever form we can get it in? I for one appreciate the hard work everyone does. Players too!
If these people (Devs/Mods/CSRs/ECs) didn't do what they do out of the goodness of their hearts, you wouldn't have this game to even test/play! Then you wouldn't have anything to be in here getting all upset about would you?
So blame yourselves! We all created this monster that we can't let go of. You seem to forget often that this game doesn't even really exist. You want to complain, go play that other SW game, and pay for it. Then you got something to complain about.
But to get so angry about stuff happening in a free game that is in development and will someday be wiped, wow pointless.

HzGuderian
07-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Long live vlada

^ This. 1000x this.

From what I can see, the issue itself is resolved and gone. Thank-you for addressing it.

My only other thought/comment is this: The idea that someone should 'pay' for this sort of.. mistake? oversight? accident?... is, frankly, out of place. If we simply removed everyone whenever a mistake was made (This includes Cami, who I understand from a previous message was learning), we would never have anyone who had experience in these positions. The new people would just make the same mistakes, and the cycle continues. It seems to be people all around have learned a bit, and most are ready to move forward.

I hope 'moving forward' includes Vlada as well. He should not have to feel the need to resign over this particular issue. If he needs a break, that's his business, but this is not an issue to cause such a change.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Nobody should quit, everyone should chill, there should be Beer and Pie for everyone!

Can I has rum and cake?

HzGuderian
07-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Can I has rum and cake?

Only if you share.

Feozis
07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Man this is ridiculous! Most people upset just wanted to see policy CHANGED or clarified (as it said no items given out) so that private events wouldn't be done like this again....

It's done now so time to move on with better policy. I think the original confrontational messages from some staff made people get madder. Cam came clean and apologized and now this makes it handled perfectly!! All is good and you're going nowhere! :)

QFE! I have followed this whole thing from start to end. Were the procedures for private events flawed? Yes. This is alpha!!! Even procedures are being tested. Did Cam over do it? Yep, and she came out and admited it ending with an appology. Well done Cam! Vlada the proposed procedures for events look good. It's the weekend, do a few shots, relax, and come back Monday with a serious hang over and start locking things down. :D

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
i have completely contributed to continuing this by pushing that the issues be addressed and not be swept aside simply because an EC doesn't think the concerns of the community matter. but i have contributed to this by repeated,y requesting that people stick to the actual issues and treat each other with respect. i will absolutely take responsibility for that. i will always fight a corrupt or flawed system when i see one.

i'm sorry that reminding her than she resorted to abuse is poking her with a sharp stick. unfortunately, when you make a mistake, it doesn't go away just because you are upset that people don't like it.

The issue is you seem to think that you have to have the last word in this issue. Its been resolved. The rules have been changed. Rev shouldnt have to apologize to you. Who are you in the grand scheme of this? Nobody. Just a butthurt bully with too much time on their hands who is used to pushing people around under the guise of YOU WILL RESPECT ME. Respect is earned my friend, not owed.

weedie
07-26-2013, 03:28 PM
You're a bully. Speak in well formed sentences (for the most part) all you want, and hide behind some wafer-thin rationalisation like this, but ultimately you are nothing but a schoolyard bully - poking, provoking, teasing and never stepping back or letting well enough alone.

Make all the excuses you want, but you are the agent provocateur in this current debacle.
I would disagree. He has not been doing it without reason, and his rationalization is hardly wafer-thin. I personally has never questioned staff decisions publicly, however in this case I feel it is something that could not be swept under the rug.

I commend Revanis for sticking by and protecting her friend. However, the manner in which it was done was completely uncalled for and unproductive. I do not see how calling her out on it is bullying. I do not see addressing and questioning the issue with this private event as bullying.

This policy would not be changed if the concerns were not legitimate. Its not like staff just gave in to peer pressure, we all have seen from the previous "drama" (krayt tissue duping scandal) that staff sticks to what they feel is right. This case clearly proves policy change was in order.

I am beating a dead horse here, but I do not feel Esmecat deserves to be called a bully and instigator here.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Only if you share.

I share wif joo :D

Lolindir
07-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Guys, lets calm down a little, this is starting to escalate. There really isn't a need to push this over an edge

Every one have a right to express their opinions on the matter, but please, I urge you to consider how you go about it. How one conduct one self affects people more than one might think. You are on a witch hunt for some of the staff, have you ever considered how this actually affects the community or staff members?

This is a beaten down horse, but consider this for a moment. Non here are paid. Non get any benefits others do not have. Memebers of staff have a wish to contribute, to the project and to the community. All is boiled down to motivation. You might very well have had the head you wanted and another unexpected one. Have any one considered the ripple effects of this? What this coninued witch hunt might do to the motivations of others?

This is in now way said to try and strangle the discussion, I just wish to make you guys aware that words means some thing.

Continue the discussion if you wish, criticice staff, or any other, but stay constructive while doing so.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Guys, lets calm down a little, this is starting to escalate. There really isn't a need to push this over an edge
Every one have a right to express their opinions on the matter, but please, I urge you to consider how you go about it. How one conduct one self affects people more than one might think. You are on a witch hunt for some of the staff, have you ever considered how this actually affects the community or staff members?
This is a beaten down horse, but consider this for a moment. Non here are paid. Non get any benefits others do not have. Memebers of staff have a wish to contribute, to the project and to the community. All is boiled down to motivation. You might very well have had the head you wanted and another unexpected one. Have any one considered the ripple effects of this? What this coninued witch hunt might do to the motivations of others?

This is in now way said to try and strangle the discussion, I just wish to make you guys aware that words means some thing.

Continue the discussion if you wish, criticice staff, or any other, but stay constructive while doing so.

*Offers Lolindir some cake, a drab of rum, and a hug*

I would disagree. He has not been doing it without reason, and his rationalization is hardly wafer-thin. I personally has never questioned staff decisions publicly, however in this case I feel it is something that could not be swept under the rug.

I commend Revanis for sticking by and protecting her friend. However, the manner in which it was done was completely uncalled for and unproductive. I do not see how calling her out on it is bullying. I do not see addressing and questioning the issue with this private event as bullying.

This policy would not be changed if the concerns were not legitimate. Its not like staff just gave in to peer pressure, we all have seen from the previous "drama" (krayt tissue duping scandal) that staff sticks to what they feel is right. This case clearly proves policy change was in order.

I am beating a dead horse here, but I do not feel Esmecat deserves to be called a bully and instigator here.

Once his objective had been achieved, he and others continued to belabour the point, continually haranguing her and, as had been said previously, poking her with a stick. That's when it became bullying. There was no rational discussion or debate at that point. The issue has been, and will continue to be dealt with. Time to let that happen.

Lolindir
07-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I do like cake and hugs ;)

Gaje
07-26-2013, 03:39 PM
A project as complex and challenging will always go through teething problems

Worth considering from all sides that mistakes happen, witch-hunts and negative posting doesn't fix those mistakes, however acknowledgement and rectifying for future does

No-one in life is perfect, and we are all prone to the odd fallacy, that said we all have the right to make amends and move on

Edit: #FreeVlada2013

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 03:43 PM

Understood. Im done with this topic. I've said my piece and I have my opinions, nothing is changing them.

You guys are doing a great thing here. Mistakes happen, its Alpha.

Nykwuan
The emu staff care enough to volunteer. We are lucky to have enough people, willing to donate their time.
Answering your tickets or solving your in game issues. Even putting on events for bonus fun.

Everyone has moments of poor judgement, but that can lead to unforgettable nights.:)
Rules are being adjusted regarding future events, and apologies have been given.

So let us all move on before we make the WoW community look good.

Jade_Enigma
I do like cake and hugs ;)

Okieday, I keepings the rum for myself then!

Oh, and #FreeVlada2013

esmecat
07-26-2013, 03:45 PM
The issue is you seem to think that you have to have the last word in this issue. Its been resolved. The rules have been changed. Rev shouldnt have to apologize to you. Who are you in the grand scheme of this? Nobody. Just a butthurt bully with too much time on their hands who is used to pushing people around under the guise of YOU WILL RESPECT ME. Respect is earned my friend, not owed.

now, here's the thing... on the original issue of the flawed policy, i have already agreed that it was resolved by the review of the policy long ago.

and i haven't called for Revanis to apologize to me. i've called for her to apologize to the community.

in almost any non profit organization you can point to there are rules about how staff acts when representing the organization. when Revanis posts as an EC and a representative of the SWGEmu, her words represent the organization. if the SWGEmu want the community to support it, it needs to treat that community with respect.

if this were just about an apology to me, i wouldn't bother. i really am not phased by what Revanis or anyone else thinks of me. but i am not willing to sit idly while someone expresses that amount of hostility and disrespect to the community while representing the project and in a PR position. and while they explicitly state they will continue to do so.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 03:47 PM
now, here's the thing... on the original issue of the flawed policy, i have already agreed that it was resolved by the review of the policy long ago.

and i haven't called for Revanis to apologize to me. i've called for her to apologize to the community.

in almost any non profit organization you can point to there are rules about how staff acts when representing the organization. when Revanis posts as an EC and a representative of the SWGEmu, her words represent the organization. if the SWGEmu want the community to support it, it needs to treat that community with respect.

if this were just about an apology to me, i wouldn't bother. i really am not phased by what Revanis or anyone else thinks of me. but i am not willing to sit idly while someone expresses that amount of hostility and disrespect to the community while representing the project and in a PR position. and while they explicitly state they will continue to do so.

*offers esmecat some cake and a hug too*

weedie
07-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Once his objective had been achieved, he and others continued to belabour the point, continually haranguing her and, as had been said previously, poking her with a stick. That's when it became bullying. There was no rational discussion or debate at that point. The issue has been, and will continue to be dealt with. Time to let that happen.
I do see your point, and I somewhat agree, however I too felt an apology was owed on her part.

Regardless, I voiced my opinion and I will not be continuing any further on this matter. I sincerely appreciate all of the work being done on this project, and all the time and energy all of the staff put in. Thank you for listening to the community and adjusting the policy accordingly. Escalations like this only mean that community here is very passionate! :P

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 03:50 PM

Oh, and #FreeVlada2013

Pass the bottle Jade. Please :)

Sumane
07-26-2013, 03:54 PM

Cliffy hit the nail on the head.

I dont presume to speak for the whole community, but i dont think we a lynch mob, I think the community just wanted some acknowledgement from staff, that the aforementioned event was not ok and would not be happening again. There is no need for someone to be brought to account for this, although I would like to see something done about the terribad attitude of some staff members who are suppose to be working in a public relations/customer service position.

Vlada's position should not even come into question. But to answer that question, we simply have to ask ourselves, would the emu be a better or worse place without vlada, and the answer is clear, he is an essential cog in the machine and I really worry about the project as a whole without him.

Second to that point, I fail to see how an ingame event comes down to the fault of a forum moderator????? seriously looks like someone is looking for a scapegoat here.

So in summary
1) Vlada should not resign
2) events like this should not happen again
3) basilisk should be wiped
4) character limit should be put to 1, max 2
5) people in customer service rolls should require an online course in customer service.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 03:56 PM

thank you for this, Lolinder.

i have thought about how this effects the community and the staff. i have made an effort to tell staff that have responded in constructive ways (even when i did not agree with it) that i appreciated the work they are doing. i think Cami did a wonderful thing with her post to the community and i respect the hard place she was in. i think you have been fair and equitable in dealing with these forum threads. i respect Vlada's posting new guidelines and policy. i am not on a witch hunt for any staff members. here's the difference... Revanis has said she does not care about her behavior and sees no reason to change it. if she does not plan to change it, she should not be in a position to do it again. her actions reflect badly on all of you and it is unfair that other staff will (because it's human nature) be thought of differently as a result.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 04:00 PM
*breaks out the good stuff and passes the bottle around*

#FreeVlada2013

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 04:13 PM
*Pours a double, shoots it, pours another*

Who wants some

zh4kd
07-26-2013, 04:23 PM

I stick up for my friends even when I know they are in the wrong as well so I salute you for that. But you are a blunt woman who should have stopped talking days ago when you saw how the community reacted to how you express yourself in not doing so you helped make a bad situation far far worse even though it was not your intention. So I think telling the boss you quit or are at least taking a few months break is good idea.

cadmunky
07-26-2013, 04:30 PM
*Pours a double, shoots it, pours another*

Who wants some

Right here mate.

Also, Vlada, I know you did not put your resignation out there for us, the community, to approve or reject. It is to the upper staff that we must plead with to prevent this. It's my belief that the whole project would be greatly diminished without you.

Valkyra
07-26-2013, 04:30 PM

Revanis has done the best she can for this situation, and yes as the other user pointed out she can be blunt, but that's just how she rolls.

I don't think she needs to take a break from her position just to feel better, if anything the community should be more respectful towards staff members anyway... This doesn't mean a staff member can treat a regular user in any fashion, but I think a lot of people are just witch hunting at this point...

Rekall
07-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Goodnight sweet prince

nee2earth
07-26-2013, 04:35 PM
So in summary
1) Vlada should not resign
2) events like this should not happen again
3) basilisk should be wiped
4) character limit should be put to 1, max 2
5) people in customer service rolls should require an online course in customer service.

Regarding your...

#1 : Agree (duh lol )

#2 : Future 'Events' will happen again, but with the *new* Guidelines.

#3 : Totally disagree, since...I'm no 'coder' but as far as i'm aware, the true (and subtle) purpose of Basilisk is to re-create what it's like (and will be like? ) to take certain 'publishes' & 'hotfixes' from a Test-Center to a Live-Server. aka TCNova to Basilisk = important

#4 : Agreed, however that tusk-cat is already wayyyyy out of the bag. Will have to wait, patiently, til SunCrusher.

#5 : True but not sure how realistic that is at this point to 'enforce'. Besides, practice makes perfect....So maybe certain EMU Reps (and players) will learn from this recent 'situation'...for the better.

We'll see.

/pep-talk EMU forever

cadmunky
07-26-2013, 04:38 PM
Just walk away knowing you defended your friend from what is absolutely an overreaction. Let it die down, take a break and come back strong.

Exactly. I'll take a friend like that at my back any day.

cadmunky
07-26-2013, 04:52 PM

Revanis has done the best she can for this situation, and yes as the other user pointed out she can be blunt, but that's just how she rolls.

I don't think she needs to take a break from her position just to feel better, if anything the community should be more respectful towards staff members anyway... This doesn't mean a staff member can treat a regular user in any fashion, but I think a lot of people are just witch hunting at this point...

Indeed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we're here to test software, not customer service. But even so, I've seen undeniable quality in the support personnel involved. Cami, with honesty and integrity. Revanis, with passion and loyalty. And of course, Vlada, with honor and sacrifice. I'd hire every one of you in a heartbeat.

I'm an old guy, well into my career, and I remember the hobbies and side projects I took on to familiarize myself with my industry. I realize this project may just be a stepping stone, hopefully a proper "leg up" to the careers you're aiming for. Let me just say....

You're doing it right.

Vlada
07-26-2013, 04:58 PM

I am inclined to agree with this.

I was the one that hired Rev first, she was on my CR team for quite some time, so i have gotten to know her well. She always was better at in game bat-man work than actual community relating. Though she can be a real pain in the *** sometimes, and though we did cross swords on more than one occasion, she loves this project and loves SWG. She would never intentionally do anything to harm SWGEmu.

Lets face it, not everyone has the patience to deal with an angry mob that came with pitchforks looking for blood. Even CR professionals would crack eventually, and as we all know none of us are professionals here.

Crazyhorse23
07-26-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not trying to get neck deep in this but I don't think anyone wanted V's head. Rev needs to calm down, name calling is something leaders should avoid. Yes people on the forums baited it but if you're in that role you need to rise above provide basic info and ignore/walk away. I think it reflects poorly on the project as a whole. Also Cam(sp), the EC spawning the mobs, is being naive or ignorant if she feels what she was doing was right. In the future it might be better if you guys adapted the SOE policy of keeping quiet till there is an official thread like this one, the ECs managed to just fan the flames.

I've been a little hesitant on this project, while I've tracked it for years and jumped in from time to time to test it out, I've always worried this would go the way of the 5000 wow servers with admins giving favors to friends or doing underhanded actions. With that said it seems like you guys have always jumped in when needed and acted appropriately. If anything I think this issue strengthened my faith in this project.

Thanks,
CH

Dr_Biri
07-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I haven't said a word during all of this (because who gives a **** what I think), but this is too much.

Vlada, while I can't say I view the entire SWGEMU staff the same way I did a few days ago, I certainly respect you and the way you handle things here. You leaving would be utter bull****. You're not responsible for this and I think almost all of us feel this way and appreciate what you do.

That said, I understand if you want to step away. There have been a couple of issues lately that would suck to have to deal with. I wouldn't want to moderate this hell-hole for all the money in the world.

Mininolan
07-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Indeed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we're here to test software, not customer service. But even so, I've seen undeniable quality in the support personnel involved. Cami, with honesty and integrity. Revanis, with passion and loyalty. And of course, Vlada, with honor and sacrifice. I'd hire every one of you in a heartbeat.

I'm an old guy, well into my career, and I remember the hobbies and side projects I took on to familiarize myself with my industry. I realize this project may just be a stepping stone, hopefully a proper "leg up" to the careers you're aiming for. Let me just say....

You're doing it right.

Here Here sir.....Would you hire me?

The witch hunting is seriously balling out of control, seriously tho if you are so pissed about it why don't you apply to be an ec and change the policy yourself. Theres like 1 CSR, 3 EC's, 3 Forum mods, and like 5 active devs all of which are volunteers who have to deal with on average 1000-1500 crazies everyday who think their way is the right way......

esmecat
07-26-2013, 05:24 PM

I was the one that hired Rev first, she was on my CR team for quite some time, so i have gotten to know her well. She always was better at in game bat-man work than actual community relating. Though she can be a real pain in the *** sometimes, and though we did cross swords on more than one occasion, she loves this project and loves SWG. She would never intentionally do anything to harm SWGEmu.

Lets face it, not everyone has the patience to deal with an angry mob that came with pitchforks looking for blood. Even CR professionals would crack eventually, and as we all know none of us are professionals here.

i completely agree it was a difficult position for the ECs when knowledge of the event got out and people were anxious for information on what exactly happened and how it was allowed. i'm completely fine with the idea mistakes were made. i'm not ok with defending those mistakes and saying they will and should continue. this is the difference between Cami and Revanis.

i do not doubt Revanis's passion for the project. or her loyalty to friends. those are commendable qualities. they do not, however, need to be demonstrated through name calling and personal attacks. and if pressure caused it to come out that way, a simple "yes, name calling isn't good. sorry" would have done a world of good. but Revanis has been given chance after chance to apologize or show the slightest belief that her actions were in any way less than appropriate. her response is to continue to belittle and be sarcastic about it.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 05:26 PM
i do not doubt Revanis's passion for the project. or her loyalty to friends. those are commendable qualities. they do not, however, need to be demonstrated through name calling and personal attacks. and if pressure caused it to come out that way, a simple "yes, name calling isn't good. sorry" would have done a world of good. but Revanis has been given chance after chance to apologize or show the slightest belief that her actions were in any way less than appropriate. her response is to continue to belittle and be sarcastic about it.

As I said in a prior post, I am not good with wording. I was attempting to be sincere. Whoops.

terribleoneace
07-26-2013, 05:28 PM
I think everyone needs to pull up their diapers and move on. It sucks what happened, but what's done is done. This is a beta server, there is no need for a wipe. The server will go on, loot will continue to drop people are going to continue to feel like they are getting shat on in one way or another. Just move on. Vlada don't resign. That will do nothing but hurt the progress of this project. The wrongs that have occurred that night will not happen again. Watch MTV if you enjoy drama but there's no need to bring it here. **** happens, life sucks, then you die...get over it.

Valkyra
07-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Group hug <3

Vlada
07-26-2013, 05:30 PM

Oh she talks to everyone like that. She doesnt know how to hold back and she will always speak her mind. Not really the best quality for a CR or a Mod position, but is very important to have someone on staff like that. Leaders need reminding that they too can screw up and she is very good at... well reminding. Its very annoying.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 05:30 PM
Indeed.

You're doing it right.

This was what I was getting at. Vlada you and your team don't owe us a thing. Not an apology and not an explanation. This is an alpha server and we had a situation that got blown out of proportion. You and your team deal with a lot of entitled jagoffs and let's make no mistake the butthurt here is about what people feel they are owed and what they feel they are entitled to. Its an indictment on our society but that's an argument for another day.

Just know that you and your team are appreciated. I for one admire bluntness.

MoonHams
07-26-2013, 05:42 PM
This entire fiasco is ridiculous. I've read every single page regarding this affair and I just have to laugh. I've spent more time down in that cave than probably 95% of the people that posted in outrage about the unfairness of the situation and my reaction was to think "wow, they really screwed up this time lol". I wasn't foaming at the mouth because they had, in essence, wasted all my hard earned hours of invested game play. Nor did I immediately think that someone had to pay for this atrocity against the community. The reason I didn't pick up my pitchfork was that I simply enjoy playing this game and I choose how and where to spend my time. Was it unfair to everyone that didn't get to participate? Of course it was. Is life fair? Absolutely not. It wasn't fair when the T-Rex's were chomping on baby dinos and it sure ain't fair now. If you finish last place, you don't deserve a trophy for doing your best. You deserve a kick in the ***.

The second part that actually does annoy me is the pitchfork mob that's demanding apologies and disciplinary actions against a lot of the people that made it so I can double click my SWGEMU button and smile 5 seconds later. Get off your high horses people. I actually laugh when I see Rev, Vlada or even TA rip into people. It reminds me that this project is still comprised of a small group of real life people trying to make something out of nothing. It's not SOE, and it's sure as hell not the Salvation Army. They don't have to baby you so that you feel you haven't been wronged. If you want to be the puppies and kittens CSR or EC, sign on the dotted line. As it's been stated in countless other posts though, you probably won't make it because of the insane amount of BS that you'll have to endure.

And to wrap it up, this is what I picture sitting behind esmecat's keyboard. End this tyranny big guy!
http://t.imgbox.com/abbegdt1.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abbegdt1)

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 05:56 PM
This entire fiasco is ridiculous. I've read every single page regarding this affair and I just have to laugh. I've spent more time down in that cave than probably 95% of the people that posted in outrage about the unfairness of the situation and my reaction was to think "wow, they really screwed up this time lol". I wasn't foaming at the mouth because they had, in essence, wasted all my hard earned hours of invested game play. Nor did I immediately think that someone had to pay for this atrocity against the community. The reason I didn't pick up my pitchfork was that I simply enjoy playing this game and I choose how and where to spend my time. Was it unfair to everyone that didn't get to participate? Of course it was. Is life fair? Absolutely not. It wasn't fair when the T-Rex's were chomping on baby dinos and it sure ain't fair now. If you finish last place, you don't deserve a trophy for doing your best. You deserve a kick in the ***.

The second part that actually does annoy me is the pitchfork mob that's demanding apologies and disciplinary actions against a lot of the people that made it so I can double click my SWGEMU button and smile 5 seconds later. Get off your high horses people. I actually laugh when I see Rev, Vlada or even TA rip into people. It reminds me that this project is still comprised of a small group of real life people trying to make something out of nothing. It's not SOE, and it's sure as hell not the Salvation Army. They don't have to baby you so that you feel you haven't been wronged. If you want to be the puppies and kittens CSR or EC, sign on the dotted line. As it's been stated in countless other posts though, you probably won't make it because of the insane amount of BS that you'll have to endure.

And to wrap it up, this is what I picture sitting behind esmecat's keyboard. End this tyranny big guy!

Oh this is brilliant! You get the biggest piece of cake (no sarcasm intended, honestly)!

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 05:57 PM

+1

Love the pic.

VE_Strange
07-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Damn...

Now I have to re-do my calendar!

Ok, let me get this straight, it is Emu Staff week, right?

Could have sworn it was Doctor week, does anyone have a current calendar? This is getting hard to keep up with!

Seriously...

It has been said by many.

Vlada don't quit.
No one needs to quit.
Whats done is done.

Lets move on, move forward.

bdreason30
07-26-2013, 06:17 PM
The only people who should be punished are the guild Carnage, who continue to exploit the server rules/status to the detriment of the entire community.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 06:25 PM

you guys and your assumptions about me make me giggle! thanks for the great laugh this morning.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 06:32 PM
you guys and your assumptions about me make me giggle! thanks for the great laugh this morning.

A sense of humour is a good thing to have with all of this going on. This makes me a happy pooh bear. :D

Stonecloud
07-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Some of you should play Hello Kitty Adventure Island.....

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 07:00 PM

That actually sounds like it would be a fun and stress-free break :D

esmecat
07-26-2013, 07:02 PM

you know, i used to pvp with some rednecks that loved that game, lmao! talk about your culture clash

novak64
07-26-2013, 07:08 PM

http://t.imgbox.com/abbegdt1.jpg (http://imgbox.com/abbegdt1)It's great that you weren't bothered by others getting a high end loot party. But it wasn't really about that. It was about respect, community and the division between staff and player. SWG is at it's most basic level a social construct. It's about team building and being part of a community. Loot is just a tool in that setting. To break this down as people getting butthurt about loot minimizes the serious nature of what happens when people act against the community and when that community loses faith in each other.

If this were just about loot I don't think we would be at this juncture and I really don't think we would have reached a point where we would be close to losing Vlada.

nived1998
07-26-2013, 07:21 PM
What happened?

bdreason30
07-26-2013, 07:29 PM
What happened?

A guild notorious for exploits was allowed to have a private event, supported by the SWGEmu staff, where they were able to farm months worth of high-end loot in a couple of hours.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 07:31 PM
months worth

False.

Nykwuan
07-26-2013, 07:37 PM
What happened?
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg603/RaisinSac/mountain-molehill_zps19f12249.gif (http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/RaisinSac/media/mountain-molehill_zps19f12249.gif.html)
wtf is up with (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96404)

ashur
07-26-2013, 07:39 PM
just

wipe

the

friggin

thing.

MoonHams
07-26-2013, 07:46 PM
If this were just about loot I don't think we would be at this juncture and I really don't think we would have reached a point where we would be close to losing Vlada.
But there is where you're quite wrong my friend. It is about nothing but loot. The ensuing chaos would never have happened if on page one someone would have said "No NPC's dropped loot". This is just one of many comments from that infamous thread:
"So let me get this straight...I have been sacrificing time and in game resources down in the Geo cave....to attempt to kill/loot an acklay...that spawns every 2 hours...while others can request a private RP event to have multiple acklays (6 by the looks of Axyl's screenshots) spawned in their guild's city? Let me know if I got this right....I'm dumbfounded...:-("

The word "loot" was used 71 times in the first ten pages of that thread. It's about people being pissed off that themselves and their friends didn't get invited to this party or that they didn't apply/get selected for a party of their own. See the above quote. The word sacrificing was actually used! If I have to truly sacrifice anything to play this game then perhaps I should put the brakes on and back up and punt. The last mob uprising was about......wait for it......LOOT. And it was a damn bug in the code. Cries of "How could this happen???", "You've killed the economy", "Roll the server back", etc.... Most people don't care about furthering the project, they just want to play their game as if it's 1.0 and raise hell if anything upsets their little carts. TA has already said that a wipe would be a huge drain and have no benefit to code completion, yet the shouts still arise.

nived1998
07-26-2013, 07:49 PM
I think the EC's should be banned cause they knew what they were doing was wrong! but Vlada should stay he's Awesome and had nothing to do with the incident! All The EC's involved should be ashamed

novak64
07-26-2013, 07:56 PM
But there is where you're quite wrong my friend. It is about nothing but loot. The ensuing chaos would never have happened if on page one someone would have said "No NPC's dropped loot". This is just one of many comments from that infamous thread:
"So let me get this straight...I have been sacrificing time and in game resources down in the Geo cave....to attempt to kill/loot an acklay...that spawns every 2 hours...while others can request a private RP event to have multiple acklays (6 by the looks of Axyl's screenshots) spawned in their guild's city? Let me know if I got this right....I'm dumbfounded...:-("

The word "loot" was used 71 times in the first ten pages of that thread. It's about people being pissed off that themselves and their friends didn't get invited to this party or that they didn't apply/get selected for a party of their own. See the above quote. The word sacrificing was actually used! If I have to truly sacrifice anything to play this game then perhaps I should put the brakes on and back up and punt. The last mob uprising was about......wait for it......LOOT. And it was a damn bug in the code. Cries of "How could this happen???", "You've killed the economy", "Roll the server back", etc.... Most people don't care about furthering the project, they just want to play their game as if it's 1.0 and raise hell if anything upsets their little carts. TA has already said that a wipe would be a huge drain and have no benefit to code completion, yet the shouts still arise.The loot was the catalyst. But it still wasn't about loot. It was about attitudes, arrogance and respect of the community.

HzGuderian
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
That actually sounds like it would be a fun and stress-free break :D

Lego Star Wars. The original ones, where you could just run around beating things with the lightsaber and it never mattered. (Excellent game to play with a bunch of people and a wee bit of alcohol, by the way.)

Vlada
07-26-2013, 07:59 PM
The loot was the catalyst. But it still wasn't about loot.

Community did the right thing to bring it to our attention, but the way they did it and the way Staff members responded was what really caused the mess. Event was bad, how it was handled after, by both community and Staff was a cluster****.

cadria
07-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Community did the right thing to bring it to our attention, but the way they did it and the way Staff members responded was what really caused the mess. Event was bad, how it was handled after, by both community and Staff was a cluster****.

Actually I think you do need to resign Vlada. You're making too much sense. I think you lost your edge man. I used to think you were a total *** all the freaking time on the forums and lately I'm agreeing with you way too much.
What's up with that? :D

stacy_19201325
07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
The loot was the catalyst. But it still wasn't about loot. It was about attitudes, arrogance and respect of the community.

I've refrained from posting so far, but... Oh? If ECs had spawned in some banners and other decorations for something like a real RP event, there really, truly would have been a massive outcry?

I agree that after ECs made unprofessional remarks in forum threads that there was a separate issue to be upset about, but the original posts were all about the loot. Someone even posted to the effect of "if there was no loot, who cares?"

There were those who were upset about others getting a chance at loot "unfairly" and there were those who were upset about the attitudes and comments of the ECs. I couldn't give a flip about loot, but I agree that the ECs were out of line in their behavior and comments. But I honestly don't believe that, in the absence of the loot debacle, if some ECs had made random forum posts disparaging the community that the outcry would have been so massive. Sure, a few people might have made a stink about it, but the general opinion would probably be, "shut up, whiners."

josterman
07-26-2013, 08:08 PM

Jinian is my toon name.

Boohoo. Make another thread about it.

novak64
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Community did the right thing to bring it to our attention, but the way they did it and the way Staff members responded was what really caused the mess. Event was bad, how it was handled after, by both community and Staff was a cluster****.100%

Both sides fell apart, some individuals caused more problems than others but there's plenty of blame pie to go around.
But sometimes a good cluster**** is needed. We can all see the problems in the current system and now they can addressed.

I've refrained from posting so far, but... Oh? If ECs had spawned in some banners and other decorations for something like a real RP event, there really, truly would have been a massive outcry?

I agree that after ECs made unprofessional remarks in forum threads that there was a separate issue to be upset about, but the original posts were all about the loot. Someone even posted to the effect of "if there was no loot, who cares?"

There were those who were upset about others getting a chance at loot "unfairly" and there were those who were upset about the attitudes and comments of the ECs. I couldn't give a flip about loot, but I agree that the ECs were out of line in their behavior and comments. But I honestly don't believe that, in the absence of the loot debacle, if some ECs had made random forum posts disparaging the community that the outcry would have been so massive. Sure, a few people might have made a stink about it, but the general opinion would probably be, "shut up, whiners."
I think we are both saying the same thing. Sure the whole loot thing was a problem. But it was the way the problem was addressed that caused this whole thing to escalate into mega-drama we experienced last night.

If the initial response had been "oh crap people, we did a boneheaded thing and we wont do it again. We are sorry" I don't think things would have gotten as toxic as the did. Sure, some would moan for a while, but overall the community probably would have been a heck of a lot calmer and there would have been far less drama.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Boohoo. Make another thread about it.

this does seem to be your go to... guess you haven't noticed i didn't make the threads.

josterman
07-26-2013, 08:23 PM
this does seem to be your go to... guess you haven't noticed i didn't make the threads.

"How is this considered roleplay"

Yeah that's my go to sometimes because I'd rather not waste my time with a massive wall of text.

Sauska
07-26-2013, 08:26 PM

Oh, and #FreeVlada2013
Group hug? I'll pass my mojitos around!

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 08:26 PM

You are my new BFF :)

esmecat
07-26-2013, 08:29 PM
"How is this considered roleplay"

Yeah that's my go to sometimes because I'd rather not waste my time with a massive wall of text.

yes, i did make that one. made it before the other was posted and i said in it i wasn't asking about whether of not it was fair under the EC policy. it was a question, in the appropriate forum for it asking how this event qualified as role play. it was not one of the heated threads about the issue of the problems with the policy that i assumed you were referring to. i can go make a thread about kittens too if would make you happy. i like kittens.

roshigh
07-26-2013, 08:33 PM

Here is an idea for you Revanis - Just quit, stop posting and close your forum account. Quit the game too, as you said you do not play anymore,. Be gone! Simple!

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Here is an idea for you Revanis - Just quit, stop posting and close your forum account. Quit the game too, as you said you do not play anymore,. Be gone! Simple!

Practise what you preach.

roshigh
07-26-2013, 08:35 PM

You sound like the butt hurt bully. Are you Revanis's BFF. Get a life bud and mainly STFU!

Vlada
07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Calm down Roshigh, we are way passed that initial rage.

novak64
07-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Practise what you preach.QFE

10chairs

esmecat
07-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Way I see it your QQing either way so I guess it doesn't matter what thread you make. But yeah

Kittens.

kittens are QQ? shhhhh no one tell the kittens. poor kittens!

but seriously, if you think that everything that doesn't agree with your point of view is QQ, you will have a tough time in life. i was asking a question about something that seemed on its face to not add up. what kind of world do you think this would be if no one asked questions when things seem off? if someone had said "it's RP because they had _____ theme" i would have been entirely satisfied. i went to the RP forum to ask it because that is where i expected to get an answer that wasn't just telling me that it's QQing to ask the question.

Sumane
07-26-2013, 08:55 PM

This comment is uncalled for. I dont particularly like revanis' attitude, or the way she deals with things, but I can see she is not on Emu staff for her amazing personality, so she clearly has qualities that can further the project. Therefore, no she should not "be gone", please put your pitchfork away, these arnt the witches you are looking for.

Some times I wonder what the community wants when volunteers make mistakes. People make mistakes in big business all the time, depending on the mistake, and the people dealing with it, there is not often a need for a dismissal. I personally am happy that the team has admitted it has made a mistake and has rectified it. That shows a lot of character. Smedly probly got a promotion for the crap that he pulled, lets all cut the team some slack.

novak64
07-26-2013, 08:58 PM
these arnt the witches you are looking for.Did you check to see if they float? Or are you just guessing?

roshigh
07-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Practise what you preach.

What? I never said I was going to quit or did not play the game! Revanis did and she asked for ideas I gave her some.

Gaje
07-26-2013, 09:01 PM

Fighting fire with fire has never been the answer, you may not agree with the way she spoke out, and thats your choice, however, having donated as much time as she has to the project should mean that she deserves a little more respect then you have shown, we all make mistakes, we move on and we grow.

novak64
07-26-2013, 09:02 PM
What? I never said I was going to quit or did not play the game! Revanis did and she asked for ideas I gave her some.I think the point was that you are behaving no better than those you are attacking so perhaps you should pack up and get.

Just my interpretation.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 09:04 PM
where they were able to farm months worth of high-end loot in a couple of hours.

Thats not a complete exaggeration at all...nope not at all. /facepalm

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I like kittehs. And cake.

roshigh
07-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Calm down Roshigh, we are way passed that initial rage.

Not to step on your toes Vlada or in anyway be sarcastic, but it seems some still have the rage by continuing to pick on one person. How is it you have not stepped in to talk to Imotep who seems to be just as antagonizing if not more so?
Also one thing people seem to forget is Revanis did call someone out using their real name - Now how does that not go against policy?
I did not start this I initially just asked a question, Read back you will see.
I think SWGEmu is great and cannot believe all the good work by volunteers who should be applauded. I do think some house cleaning should be done though or attitude classes taken.

Valkyra
07-26-2013, 09:06 PM

I already offered this on page 8! :o

Revanis
07-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Also one thing people seem to forget is Revanis did call someone out using their real name - Now how does that not go against policy?

You mean the guy who made multiple accounts to hide behind and I used his primary.. ?

Well, yeah.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Not to step on your toes Vlada or in anyway be sarcastic, but it seems some still have the rage by continuing to pick on one person. How is it you have not stepped in to talk to Imotep who seems to be just as antagonizing if not more so?
I did not start this I initially just asked a question, Read back you will see.
I think SWGEmu is great and cannot believe all the good work by volunteers who should be applauded. I do think some house cleaning should be done though or attitude classes taken.

I believe he brought that up at this particular stage because the thread, though it had been left to heat up, was just cooling down nicely and should be left to do that. Time for rage is gone.

retto
07-26-2013, 09:11 PM
i thought you guys banned ppl with multiple accounts ?

did you guys reban storm yet ?

dear vlada , if you stay , ill start blaming everything on lolindir ..

esmecat
07-26-2013, 09:12 PM

actually, it might not be. it is something that has yet to be checked against the logs of commands used to spawn the mobs to confirm or refute. we have one EC on the one hand making statements about it saying only a few were spawned... but also saying she doesn't know how many in total and she was not the one present at the event... and on the other hand we have multiple eye witness accounts of numbers that add up to months worth of spawns. you can't claim positively that they weren't any more than he (or i) can claim that they were. only those logs can say for sure at this point.

HOWEVER, it really doesn't matter if they were or not anymore since the policies that allowed it have been looked into and revised to help prevent something like that occurring again.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 09:12 PM
You sound like the butt hurt bully. Are you Revanis's BFF. Get a life bud and mainly STFU!

Im not the one flailing around saying I WILL BE RESPECTED and STAFF TROLLED ME oh noes. But you go ahead, swell up and pound them keys like the internet tough guy that you are.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
But...there are MOJITOS! :D

Revanis
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
and on the other hand we have multiple eye witness accounts of numbers that add up to months worth of spawns

Yeah I doubt eye-witnesses can claim having seen over 400 Acklays.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 09:15 PM
actually, it might not be. it is something that has yet to be checked against the logs of commands used to spawn the mobs to confirm or refute. we have one EC on the one hand making statements about it saying only a few were spawned... but also saying she doesn't know how many in total and she was not the one present at the event... and on the other hand we have multiple eye witness accounts of numbers that add up to months worth of spawns. you can't claim positively that they weren't any more than he (or i) can claim that they were. only those logs can say for sure at this point.

HOWEVER, it really doesn't matter if they were or not anymore since the policies that allowed it have been looked into and revised to help prevent something like that occurring again.

What is the acklay spawn timer? I think to have MONTHS worth of loot there would have to be a lot of creatures spawned.

Stonecloud
07-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Did you check to see if they float? Or are you just guessing?

If she weighs more than a duck....

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 09:19 PM
But...there are MOJITOS! :D

Just give me back the bottle of rum. I need another shot

esmecat
07-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Yeah I doubt eye-witnesses can claim having seen over 400 Acklays.

perhaps you should read back through that other thread.

Revanis, i had been trying to believe your statement that you were sincere. but you are back to flippant on something that i just supported you on. seriously? seriously?

Banter
07-26-2013, 09:22 PM
I must be dumb or I missed something here?

Can someone explain to me what event occurred and what the advantage was? I don't see the what the fuss is about. Can someone please provide me some context surrounding this thread?

And Vlada please don't go!

Nykwuan
07-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Respawn Timer: 2 hours
12 a day, so 360 based on a 30 day month.
Next time spawn 360 at the same time.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Revanis, i had been trying to believe your statement that you were sincere. but you are back to flippant on something that i just supported you on. seriously? seriously?

I am just reminding others of the fact that 360 can spawn in a month, nowhere near that was spawned, just to save people the misunderstanding of "omg they spawned months of acklays???!!11" in the future. That's all.

novak64
07-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Next time spawn 360 at the same time.Assuming 24/7 server uptime.
Though I imagine fewer than this were likely spawned.

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 09:31 PM
perhaps you should read back through that other thread.

Next time spawn 360 at the same time.

Assuming 24/7 server uptime.

Exactly what I thought. Esme cmon, MONTHS worth of loot is a gross exaggeration

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:32 PM
*passes around the 5 year-old rum, and cake. And a fuzzy purry kitteh*

Nykwuan
07-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Assuming 24/7 server uptime.
Excellent point, also depending on how much time is left on spawn timer.
Some of the quick resets could shorten the odd cycle.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 09:33 PM
I am just reminding others of the fact that 360 can spawn in a month, nowhere near that was spawned, just to save people the misunderstanding of "omg they spawned months of acklays???!!11" in the future. That's all.

you are not JUST reminding when you make a statement that you *doubt* someone *can claim* to have seen them. especially when they had. you could simply say that it would be over 400 and that doesn't fit with what you know and leave out the sarcasm and flippancy. when you word things the way you do, you are pouring fuel on the fire. you said yourself you haven't checked the logs. you were not there. your information is just as much eye witness testimony as the other side. the logs will know... but either way it is irrelevant at this point. why force an issue that doesn't need to be one. if you push this, people (myself at the very least) will push back to require proof of your statements.

Exactly what I thought. Esme cmon, MONTHS worth of loot is a gross exaggeration

you really want to make issues out of things that have been resolved, don't you.

did you even notice my point that we do not have enough information for either side to make positive claims?

retto
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
i just want ppl to stop acting like they didnt know this would enrage the little people ..

rewarding ppl like C for their years of exploiting / douchebaggery wasnt ever going to end well ..

in the future if youre going to do stuff like this ? why not actually keep it to your selves ? and if you get caught ? well making a bunch of surley posts from staff and c members ? well you might want to knock that off as well ..

may as well unban dragonite and give him all the loot at this point ..

i tend to agree with wilba .. wipe this mofo !!

yeah im lookin at you lolindir !!!!

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
you are not JUST reminding when you make a statement that you *doubt* someone *can claim* to have seen them. especially when they had. you could simply say that it would be over 400 and that doesn't fit with what you know and leave out the sarcasm and flippancy. when you word things the way you do, you are pouring fuel on the fire. you said yourself you haven't checked the logs. you were not there. your information is just as much eye witness testimony as the other side. the logs will know... but either way it is irrelevant at this point. why force an issue that doesn't need to be one. if you push this, people (myself at the very least) will push back to require proof of your statements.

Im not sure but Im thinking the burden of proof here is on the community. If I were Rev or Vlada I wouldnt show you a damn thing. If you've got unaltered screenshots then lets see them.

you really want to make issues out of things that have been resolved, don't you.

did you even notice my point that we do not have enough information for either side to make positive claims?

Then why are you jumping up and down about how many Acklays were spawned???

Revanis
07-26-2013, 09:38 PM

Er, okay. If anyone does claim those numbers, then they're either blind or lying.

400+ Acklays would be pretty nuts.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:38 PM

Oh gawd could you please just put your pointy stick away for awhile. If you have issue with her method of speaking to you, shake your head and sigh but for the sake of everyone else just take her admission of guilt and let it go.

FUZZY PURRY KITTEH GODDAMNIT!

HzGuderian
07-26-2013, 09:39 PM
*... And a fuzzy purry kitteh*

*sneezes.*

SoulReaper78
07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
This person must be a life counselor or something. If the staff were as bad as you keep trying to portray them, your *** would have been banned a long time ago.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:41 PM
*sneezes.*

Some rum and cake will fix that.

HzGuderian
07-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Some rum and cake will fix that.

I have no rebuttal to that. Pass the rum and cake.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:43 PM
I have no rebuttal to that. Pass the rum and cake.

I do believe that is the first time while reading this board in the last couple of days that I have actually laughed out loud :D

*passes the bottle and big hunk of yummy cake*

esmecat
07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Im not sure but Im thinking the burden of proof here is on the community. If I were Rev or Vlada I wouldnt show you a damn thing. If you've got unaltered screenshots then lets see them.

1. there is no burden of proof on the community. the community did nothing wrong. the point is not to prove something... but transparency after contradictory claims are made when the ECs and the event were discovered. this transparency is only required if the SWGEmu staff keeps making claims after the issue at the core has been resolved that basically call the eyewitnesses liars without supporting those claims... AND only if they want to maintain the trust of the community.

2. i didn't ask for it. i asked for the issue to be laid to rest. i did say i would push for it if it wasn't. that doesn't mean that they need to provide it. however, if they don't, in that situation, they would be making a point about how they value the community that will impact trust and support of the project..

Then why are you jumping up and down about how many Acklays were spawned???

um, actually, you are. i'm asking you to let it rest. lmao.

Er, okay. If anyone does claim those numbers, then they're either blind or lying.

400+ Acklays would be pretty nuts.

Revanis, all benifit of the doubt is gone. i really tried to believe you were sincere. you have proved otherwise.

Revanis
07-26-2013, 09:51 PM
Revanis, all benifit of the doubt is gone. i really tried to believe you were sincere. you have proved otherwise.

You are a confusing individual.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:51 PM
*eats some cake, sips some rum, and pets the fuzzeh purreh kitteh*

esmecat
07-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Oh gawd could you please just put your pointy stick away for awhile. If you have issue with her method of speaking to you, shake your head and sigh but for the sake of everyone else just take her admission of guilt and let it go.

FUZZY PURRY KITTEH GODDAMNIT!

where was her admission of guilt? i missed it. i did see the repeated statements that she felt no remorse for her actions.

Memoti
07-26-2013, 09:53 PM
Just to clarify, I've been haunting these forums for a year or three, I've played on the test server on and off. And I've only recently started playing on Basilisk on a regular basis. However, I still try to haunt the forums on a regular basis. That being said, feel free to /flame to your content because of my lack of understanding. My question, or confusion rather is this. Why should one of the best moderators I've seen on the forums ask to resign from the duties he's been so good at performing. The event was an oversight. It wasn't intentionally done to give a player(s) an advantage over someone else. It was just something that fell through the cracks. Not even Vlada can keep up with everything 100% of the time. If he were that perfect, he should hang up this whole moderator thing and just run for g*d. I'm further confused by some of the communities reaction to the said event. You're getting mad & all worked up over a mistake that happened on a alpha/beta test server. Which will be completely wiped, therefore erasing any real or imagined advantage said player(s) may or may not have gotten. Anyway, there's my two cents. And yes, I'm perfectly aware that it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

Vlada: I believe it would be a mistake and a determent to the forum community if the PTB accepted your resignation.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 09:54 PM
This person must be a life counselor or something. If the staff were as bad as you keep trying to portray them, your *** would have been banned a long time ago.

i'm not trying to portray the staff as bad. i am not at issue with any staff besides Revanis and only because of her behavior over this issue and her lack of remorse over it.

axel8000
07-26-2013, 09:56 PM

Actaully its not. In the time i was there i saw an average of 9 acklay a minute. My guildy was there 45 mins before me and saw thr same. If the event lasted 1 hour. (I believe ot lasted longer) but if only 1 hour thats 540 acklays in 1the hour.

Now 12 acklay spawn each day.
12 x 7 =84 x 4.3 wks in a month = 361 acklay a month.

So at least 1.5 months worth of acklay. Possibly 3 months worth if the event was 2 hours.

novak64
07-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Serious question:

How long would it take a small group of people to spawn and kill approximately 700+ Acklay and perhaps as many fire spiders (as those were claimed to have been spawned as well).

I totally don't underestimate peoples ability to exaggerate these sorts of things.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 09:58 PM
Well, there is a particular type of individual that, regardless of the circumstance, must always have the last word. When trying to reason with a person like this, you almost always run into a brick wall of excuses that usually have to do with some vague rational discussion or debate that, though perhaps once meaningful, has no merit given the stage the original discussion has reached. At that point it is up to everyone else to turn away, eat some cake and maybe drink some adult beverage, smile (very important) and let this person have his last, often repeated and horrifyingly tedious, word.

Cake anyone?

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Actaully its not. In the time i was there i saw an average of 9 acklay a minute. My guildy was there 45 mins before me and saw thr same. If the event lasted 1 hour. (I believe ot lasted longer) but if only 1 hour thats 540 acklays in 1the hour.

So at least 1.5 months worth of acklay. Possibly 3 months worth if the event was 2 hours.

Sorry bud but thats an Acklay every 6.6 seconds. Im not buying that AT all. Now I know you don't care and thats fine but Im calling BS on this.

HzGuderian
07-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Sorry bud but thats an Acklay every 6.6 seconds. Im not buying that AT all. Now I know you don't care and thats fine but Im calling BS on this.

I was picturing them counting them like sheep.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Just to clarify, I've been haunting these forums for a year or three, I've played on the test server on and off. And I've only recently started playing on Basilisk on a regular basis. However, I still try to haunt the forums on a regular basis. That being said, feel free to /flame to your content because of my lack of understanding. My question, or confusion rather is this. Why should one of the best moderators I've seen on the forums ask to resign from the duties he's been so good at performing. The event was an oversight. It wasn't intentionally done to give a player(s) an advantage over someone else. It was just something that fell through the cracks. Not even Vlada can keep up with everything 100% of the time. If he were that perfect, he should hang up this whole moderator thing and just run for g*d. I'm further confused by some of the communities reaction to the said event. You're getting mad & all worked up over a mistake that happened on a alpha/beta test server. Which will be completely wiped, therefore erasing any real or imagined advantage said player(s) may or may not have gotten. Anyway, there's my two cents. And yes, I'm perfectly aware that it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

Vlada: I believe it would be a mistake and a determent to the forum community if the PTB accepted your resignation.

you are correct, there is no reason anyone should be asking for vlada's resignation over the problems with Event policy that allowed the event in question to happen. in fact, he wasn't asked to. he choose to because he took responsibility upon himself for this. almost universally, the response has been that it was not his responsibility and his resignation was not a helpful or desired response to it.

most of the reaction to the event was stirred up by EC response to the questions about what had happened and how the policies allowed it. when SWGEmu staff respond to individuals and the playerbase with personal attacks and insults, there is no surprise that they get upset. really, this boils down to one individuals behavior and the issue that she is acting as an SWGEmu representative while while doing it. this is the only issue that remains unresolved.

and as far as the server getting wiped... this has been addressed many many times. even when the server is eventually wiped, the policies will still remain. if they remain static and do not change to reflect the growth of the server player base, allowing things like what happened to happen again... then it won't matter that the server was wiped. but this is no longer an issue. the policy has been updated.

most of the issues involved with these events have been resolved. please, lets not go backwards

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 10:15 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/7997_10151591655358197_26859003_n.png

esmecat
07-26-2013, 10:22 PM

we can each believe what we want and that's life...

you will believe high numbers when you see proof because you believe one witness.

i will believe low ones when i see proof because i believe another.

but if SWGEmu staff keep making assertions, then they can back them up. there is a way. the log. that simple.

luckily, you are not SWGEmu staff.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/7997_10151591655358197_26859003_n.png

can i haz kittehhh??

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 10:24 PM
can i haz kittehhh??

Yes, yes you can :)

imhotep71
07-26-2013, 10:28 PM
luckily, you are not SWGEmu staff.

Careful what you wish for :D

novak64
07-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Yes, yes you can :)My :kitty: just jumped in through the window with huge rat in his mouth :icon_eek:

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 10:29 PM
My :kitty: just jumped in through the window with huge rat in his mouth :icon_eek:

It's a present for joo!

conmcb25
07-26-2013, 10:31 PM
Great drama thread.

I have been checking this on and off most of the day to much amusement ;)

esmecat
07-26-2013, 10:32 PM
It's a present for joo!

i don't think i like those kinds of presents. tell em to bring home catnip instead.

hard2say
So, what happened?

novak64
It's a present for joo!Oh I know it was. He dropped it right under my chair. I am not okay with presents from cats.

esmecat
07-26-2013, 10:34 PM
So, what happened?

please, go read the other threads if you really want to know. lets not rehash *again*.

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Oh I know it was. He dropped it right under my chair. I am not okay with presents from cats.

It's the thought that counts. He loves you :D

papilove
07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Lololololololol!

seg990
07-26-2013, 10:43 PM
RAA1xgTTw9w

Jade_Enigma
07-26-2013, 10:45 PM
http://youtu.be/RAA1xgTTw9w

Hehehe!

As an aside, you can embed youtube videos with the tags youtube.../youtube (with square brackets around them) but you have to use JUST the actual code for the video itself from the link.

novak64
07-26-2013, 10:47 PM
http://Youafool.ifuclick/RAA1xgTTw9wSuspicious link is suspicious.

Arulius
07-26-2013, 10:56 PM

Perhaps you are confusing the Acklay with a Kliknik?

http://www.mygalaxie.com/files/center/guide/geo21.jpg
http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070130175259/enhanced_kliknik_001.jpg

Gutboy Barrelhouse
07-26-2013, 11:08 PM
Acklays lined up like they were and having a guild using top end T-21's = very very very fast kills.

axel8000
07-26-2013, 11:16 PM

9 were spawned at one time and they were aoed down .

retto
07-26-2013, 11:18 PM
9 were spawned at one time and they were aoed down .

you guys obviously took screen shots ... where are they ?

axel8000
07-26-2013, 11:20 PM
you guys obviously took screen shots ... where are they ?

On the other thread. Go look.

Sauska
07-26-2013, 11:33 PM
I already offered this on page 8! :o
You left out the mojitos, dear, that's what won Jade's heart :D

retto
07-26-2013, 11:42 PM

i missed the other thread .. can you direct me to where it is please ?

axel8000
07-26-2013, 11:46 PM
i missed the other thread .. can you direct me to where it is please ?
basilisk server discussiin. Called something like. Whats with all the lootable acklay spawns on lok. Its locked but viewable. Think page 3 is what yoi want

Arulius
07-26-2013, 11:48 PM

I count 10 total in your SS. The first one you posted showed 4 at a time frame of 18:28. The last SS you posted showed 6 at a time frame of 18:36. So almost 10 minutes went by before another set got spawned. This is assuming the first 4 were all Acklay. It's hard to tell because you have only one targeted so all we have are the red dots on the radar.

retto
07-26-2013, 11:59 PM
screenshots fuel my rage ...

lolindir , where do we go from here ?

if you guys turn CH on i could forget about this whole episode ...

love you vlada !

axel8000
07-27-2013, 12:25 AM
I count 10 total in your SS. The first one you posted showed 4 at a time frame of 18:28. The last SS you posted showed 6 at a time frame of 18:36. So almost 10 minutes went by before another set got spawned. This is assuming the first 4 were all Acklay. It's hard to tell because you have only one targeted so all we have are the red dots on the radar.

Your logic is amazing. Yea they spawned every 10 minutes. Couldnt be that they spawned multiple in that 10 minutes and i took screenies 10 minutes apart or anything.

novak64
07-27-2013, 12:32 AM
screenshots fuel my rage ...

lolindir , where do we go from here ?

if you guys turn CH on i could forget about this whole episode ...

love you vlada !You know you wont see CH unless Vlada actually leaves, right?
I mean the guy has singlehandedly blocked CH development for years.

Arulius
07-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Your logic is amazing. Yea they spawned every 10 minutes. Couldnt be that they spawned multiple in that 10 minutes and i took screenies 10 minutes apart or anything.

That's not what your SS show though. It looks like you were rolling up to the city in the first one and started asking questions about the event. Then took some more screens while you were having a conversation with Tullius. No SS afterwards showing 9 Aklays being spawned every minute. I'm not buying it and now everyone knows you as a lier.

Quit trying to stir up more drama.

novak64
07-27-2013, 12:56 AM
That's not what your SS show though. It looks like you were rolling up to the city in the first one and started asking questions about the event. Then took some more screens while you were having a conversation with Tullius. No SS afterwards showing 9 Aklays being spawned every minute. I'm not buying it and now everyone knows you as a lier.

Quit trying to stir up more drama.While I don't believe axel"s post necessarily proves how many acklay were being spawned, don't get the idea that you've proved anyone to be a liar. Though I gotta say, you seem pretty invested in proving him wrong. So you too could be accused of "trying to stir up more drama".

axel8000
07-27-2013, 01:03 AM

Quit trying to stir up more drama.

Don't believe me all you want. Never said you had to kid.
doesn't bother me.

Next think you know my screenies will be photo shopped. People like you are pointless to argue with. You will always have an excuse and a condradiction...... you know what they say... you argue with an idiot and you'll get beat with experience.

So i guess you win.

There were only 10 acklay total guys. The dude that wasn't there says so.

Arulius
07-27-2013, 01:21 AM
While I don't believe axel"s post necessarily proves how many acklay were being spawned, don't get the idea that you've proved anyone to be a liar. Though I gotta say, you seem pretty invested in proving him wrong. So you too could be accused of "trying to stir up more drama".

The guy has made too many contradictions. That kind of proves that he is lying about it.

How can I be trying to stir up more drama when it's already stirred? I'm just trying to prove that he has no evidence to back him up.

Don't believe me all you want. Never said you had to kid.
doesn't bother me.

Next think you know my screenies will be photo shopped. People like you are pointless to argue with. You will always have an excuse and a condradiction...... you know what they say... you argue with an idiot and you'll get beat with experience.

So i guess you win.

There were only 10 acklay total guys. The dude that wasn't there says so.

I'm not asking to argue with you or trying to "win" anything, I'm just pointing out that you have no evidence to suggest that 9 Acklays were spawned every minute. You claim one thing and turn around and claim something else.

axel8000
07-27-2013, 01:25 AM
The guy has made too many contradictions. That kind of proves that he is lying about it.

How can I be trying to stir up more drama when it's already stirred? I'm just trying to prove that he has no evidence to back him up.

I'm not asking to argue with you or trying to "win" anything, I'm just pointing out that you have no evidence to suggest that 9 Acklays were spawned every minute. You claim one thing and turn around and claim something else.

Please explain where i contradicted myself....

retto
07-27-2013, 01:42 AM
i predict this will end well

nee2earth
07-27-2013, 01:51 AM
i predict this will end well

You mean like THIS:

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96682

....See now look what this *thread* has caused!!!

Poor lil Basilisk hamster couldn't take it anymore!!!

./flail

dragonslayer_75
07-27-2013, 01:53 AM

I must say, I'm impressed with you the most by far. I think this is the first time I've seen someone demand so much respect, along with mass apologies, who has only been playing a few months. Who knew it only took a few months to become a Master Flamer......

Vlada, I think it would be a loss to the SWGEMU community to lose you man. I agree that taking a short break may be good therapy to distress though. /salute Vlada

Arulius
07-27-2013, 02:14 AM
Please explain where i contradicted myself....

Basically you started off in the first thread by saying...

That 6 was just in 1 minute.. There were about an average of 8 spawned every few minutes while I was out there.. and I only went out there because about 30 minutes before hand a guildy said he was driving through and got killed by a bunch of acklays that spawned.. so this was going on for a while.

Then you go on to say in this thread...

Which is it... 6,8 or 9? 30 minutes or 45 minutes?

It sounds to me that you upped the number and the time frame of your guildy to fit into the math of a months worth of Acklay once you found out that 360 Acklay spawns within that time.

axel8000
07-27-2013, 02:20 AM
Basically you started off in the first thread by saying...

Then you go on to say in this thread...

Which is it... 6,8 or 9? 30 minutes or 45 minutes?

It sounds to me that you upped the number and the time frame of your guildy to fit into the math of a months worth of Acklay once you found out that 360 Acklay spawns within that time.

Key works in my first posts were ABOUT
I mean.. I can see how you may not understand that keyword or choose to ignore it. The fact is we went back and compared timestamps after the fact and it was in fact 45 minutes between him and I showing up. Hence why the ABOUT is not in the second post.

Keep trying dude.

BTW. Where are your screen shots?

imhotep71
07-27-2013, 02:40 AM
For a minute today this felt like the Ahazi forums in 03-04

Cliffy
07-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Seriously Arulius who cares.... one acklay that is lootable is one too many and Vlada has admitted it shouldn't have happened, policy was changed and no need to kiss butt anymore. In fact one of your guild members along with a couple other people cornered the Acklay for enough months I'm sure it's not a buig issue to your guild but many people have no chance at bones.

Whether it was 50 acklays or 500 acklays, 99% of the community never has a chance to even loot one acklay or get the bones themselves so it should have never happened. This whole analyzing 1,2, or 3 months worth is stupid because there never should have been ANY...they have admitted that and owned up.

As far as people saying they don't owe us anything and they help the project blah blah blah Do I need to remind people that many of us don't have blue, purple, or other pretty colors or titles but help as much as many of them so they did owe an apology given it's a COMMUNITY PROJECT.

With that said, it's over and let's move on with no private crap again :)

weedie
07-27-2013, 02:57 AM
Seriously Arulius who cares.... one acklay that is lootable is one too many and Vlada has admitted it shouldn't have happened, policy was changed and no need to kiss butt anymore. In fact one of your guild members along with a couple other people cornered the Acklay for enough months I'm sure it's not a buig issue to your guild but many people have no chance at bones.

Whether it was 50 acklays or 500 acklays, 99% of the community never has a chance to even loot one acklay or get the bones themselves so it should have never happened. This whole analyzing 1,2, or 3 months worth is stupid because there never should have been ANY...they have admitted that and owned up.

As far as people saying they don't owe us anything and they help the project blah blah blah Do I need to remind people that many of us don't have blue, purple, or other pretty colors or titles but help as much as many of them so they did owe an apology given it's a COMMUNITY PROJECT.

Thank you so much for saying it so much more eloquently than I could ever have. /cheers Cliffy.

novak64
07-27-2013, 02:59 AM
Cliffy has spoken people. Nothing to see here, it's all over. Move along.

/thread

cadria
07-27-2013, 03:13 AM

All hail King Cliffy?

imhotep71
07-27-2013, 03:13 AM
Cliffy has spoken people. Nothing to see here, it's all over. Move along.

/thread

But..but..Bas is down /flail

Angelmist
07-27-2013, 03:19 AM
ok this is an easy enough fix...might make some angry but as a whole will probably make this easier...

1. according to the acklay.. well this is a alpha/test server, so what ever loot was gotten that night the Emu staff can just take it away..
then under the new Event Policy...the guild/people holding said event just apply for another...(thank you Vlada for updated policy)

2. about what was said by Rav, while I do agree it was not the best of words to say...NO ONE in this community can say they haven't said something in the moment of anger that they might regret or others would consider disrespectful..that is human nature..now while I don't agree that the behavior should be allow to continue from anyone...but from what I have read I don't think Rev has been the only perp in this...yet the other perps want to call her out on it while they do the same thing...Now I am not condoning <spelling wrong probably> what Rev did, not at all, but I think everyone should step back and see what they had post...There is too much crap in the real world to bring it into a virtual world where many are trying to escape the real world crap for a while..

like the old saying goes...you shouldn't throw stones in glass houses..

Thanks you swgemu staff for devoting your free time to a virtual world...and doing a great job at it...

God Bless

starlightvea
07-27-2013, 03:22 AM
yay!!! someone needs to boot her

novak64
07-27-2013, 03:26 AM
yay!!! someone needs to boot herNobody needs the boot. It's over and we all just to move on now.

Lessons have been learned.

Revanis
07-27-2013, 03:34 AM
I like where this is going.

starlightvea
07-27-2013, 03:35 AM
Wow, everyone take a chill pill.
Something happened that shouldn't, but it did.
It's in the past.
Quit getting all upset now.
This game and this community are too important to blow this all out of proportion.
We learn, we move on, we make sure it doesn't happen again.
Can we get back to how kick-*** it is to have this game back in whatever form we can get it in? I for one appreciate the hard work everyone does. Players too!
If these people (Devs/Mods/CSRs/ECs) didn't do what they do out of the goodness of their hearts, you wouldn't have this game to even test/play! Then you wouldn't have anything to be in here getting all upset about would you?
So blame yourselves! We all created this monster that we can't let go of. You seem to forget often that this game doesn't even really exist. You want to complain, go play that other SW game, and pay for it. Then you got something to complain about.
But to get so angry about stuff happening in a free game that is in development and will someday be wiped, wow pointless.

Yes, it is pointless to argue over a video game...however, you screw up a time or two and watch how fast you are banned. And yes Revanis is abusive and has broken rules about personal stuff on the forums...she tried to do it to me...but as she found out i don't care what people think...she just needs to either get a life or get some serious anger mgmt help

Revanis
07-27-2013, 03:39 AM
I really like where this is going.

novak64
07-27-2013, 03:40 AM
Yes, it is pointless to argue over a video game...however, you screw up a time or two and watch how fast you are banned. And yes Revanis is abusive and has broken rules about personal stuff on the forums...she tried to do it to me...but as she found out i don't care what people think...she just needs to either get a life or get some serious anger mgmt helpSo...were you banned for something?

imhotep71
07-27-2013, 03:40 AM
I like where this is going.

Yes, it is pointless to argue over a video game...however, you screw up a time or two and watch how fast you are banned. And yes Revanis is abusive and has broken rules about personal stuff on the forums...she tried to do it to me...but as she found out i don't care what people think...she just needs to either get a life or get some serious anger mgmt help

Anger management? LOL really? If she was paid I might tend to agree with you. She twisted off in defense of her friend. But in typical forum fashion it was "too aggressive" "mean spirited" "Trollish" all the lovely buzz words people love to use when they get "offended" You have 7 posts. You seriously got cross with her in 7 posts?

novak64
07-27-2013, 03:44 AM
Anger management? LOL really? If she was paid I might tend to agree with you. She twisted off in defense of her friend. But in typical forum fashion it was "too aggressive" "mean spirited" "Trollish" all the lovely buzz words people love to use when they get "offended" You have 7 posts. You seriously got cross with her in 7 posts?Yeah...I checked his post history and seriously have no idea what the heck he's going on about.