PDA

View Full Version : Current and future event guidelines

Pages : 1 [2]

imhotep71
07-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Yeah...I checked his post history and seriously have no idea what the heck he's going on about.

Jumping on the Haterade train

Seriously if that location is correct shes Australian. Have you people not played with Australians? You are surprised she told you EXACTLY what she thought, whether it offended you or not.

Dont play TOR on the Harbinger then. Your heads would explode.

Revanis
07-27-2013, 03:49 AM
Woah woah, no need for name calling.

I aint Australian.

Huehue.

axel8000
07-27-2013, 03:49 AM
She's Australian? Well that explains it.. She's a Criminal!

Mininolan
07-27-2013, 03:51 AM
Seriously Arulius who cares.... one acklay that is lootable is one too many and Vlada has admitted it shouldn't have happened, policy was changed and no need to kiss butt anymore. In fact one of your guild members along with a couple other people cornered the Acklay for enough months I'm sure it's not a buig issue to your guild but many people have no chance at bones.

Whether it was 50 acklays or 500 acklays, 99% of the community never has a chance to even loot one acklay or get the bones themselves so it should have never happened. This whole analyzing 1,2, or 3 months worth is stupid because there never should have been ANY...they have admitted that and owned up.

As far as people saying they don't owe us anything and they help the project blah blah blah Do I need to remind people that many of us don't have blue, purple, or other pretty colors or titles but help as much as many of them so they did owe an apology given it's a COMMUNITY PROJECT.

With that said, it's over and let's move on with no private crap again :)

Dont get upset over that non-factor Arulius

axel8000
07-27-2013, 03:53 AM

You know.. when I first joined emu I kinda thought you were a douche... Then as time went on I realized you are correct lots of the time.

GG

starlightvea
07-27-2013, 03:53 AM
Anger management? LOL really? If she was paid I might tend to agree with you. She twisted off in defense of her friend. But in typical forum fashion it was "too aggressive" "mean spirited" "Trollish" all the lovely buzz words people love to use when they get "offended" You have 7 posts. You seriously got cross with her in 7 posts?
wasn't all in here...doh lol
and no..i wasn't banned

imhotep71
07-27-2013, 03:55 AM

I aint Australian.

Huehue.

D'oh!!

10 char

starlightvea
07-27-2013, 04:01 AM
I really like where this is going.
i know you do....

esmecat
07-27-2013, 04:03 AM
Seriously if that location is correct shes Australian. Have you people not played with Australians? You are surprised she told you EXACTLY what she thought, whether it offended you or not.

lol, you think aussies do... try kiwis.

a bunch of aussie friends of mine started calling themselves the ozzie-holes. makes me giggle every time.

imhotep71
07-27-2013, 04:05 AM
lol, you think aussies do... try kiwis.

a bunch of aussie friends of mine started calling themselves the ozzie-holes. makes me giggle every time.

You are correct. We had Kiwi aircrews come into my location in Somalia back in 92-93. Sarcasm was an art form to them. It was glorious.

novak64
07-27-2013, 04:06 AM

I aint Australian.

Huehue.You're...Brazillian???

Well forget everything I said. Ban Revanis!

Rosamund
07-27-2013, 04:13 AM
If something happened and you feel you were a contributing factor, then you've already done everything you can to rectify the matter by updating the *system* that was responsible for the issue. Please do not resign. We need you. We appreciate you and your hard work.

optimizor
07-27-2013, 05:10 AM
Yup, been playing for a week and a half, and I can already see from the countless forum posts I have read that Vlada is a huge boon for this endeavor. Would be a real shame for him to leave do to something that has happend in ALPHA stage. Only way I think he should go, is if he is just ready to take a break from it for a while. I could understand that, as being the focus of constant internet abuse and accusations is not a fun way to enjoy your job getting paid, much less when you are not getting paid. Just shows how ungratefull some individuals are and The "universe revolves around me" mindset they are in. This game is best known for its community, I would like to help keep it that way.

Rekall
07-27-2013, 05:39 AM
Free clipses 2013

Arulius
07-27-2013, 05:55 AM

You know.. when I first joined emu I kinda thought you were a douche... Then as time went on I realized you are correct lots of the time.

GG

When you guys bring something positive to this project get back to me. I have spent my fair share testing and reporting bugs when we had no playable server to play on. I also spend my time showing these newer people that we do in fact have positive community members and not all people are like you guys...trolls. It must suck to have so much negativity in your lives that it spills over into a Star Wars game because that is the only nostalgia you ever get. It's kind of pathetic to say the least. I might be a non factor in your trollish eyes, but that is hard for me to see due to the fact your mom's basement windows are blacked out because you can't take a little sunshine.

axel8000
07-27-2013, 05:57 AM
When you guys bring something positive to this project get back to me. I have spent my fair share testing and reporting bugs when we had no playable server to play on. I also spend my time showing these newer people that we do in fact have positive community members and not all people are like you guys...trolls. It must suck to have so much negativity in your lives that it spills over into a Star Wars game because that is the only nostalgia you ever get. It's kind of pathetic to say the least. I might be a non factor in your trollish eyes, but that is hard for me to see due to the fact your mom's basement windows are blacked out because you can't take a little sunshine.

Dude.. you need to get laid... lighten up a little.

ubernoobOWNZ
07-27-2013, 06:05 AM
...did vlada's head roll? or is the ban hammer of justice still in business?

novak64
07-27-2013, 06:46 AM
...did vlada's head roll? or is the ban hammer of justice still in business?Space your Ohio?

washedout
07-27-2013, 06:47 AM
What I got from this thread... some people will never stop with the drama, Revanis isn't Australian, and Jade Enigma loves cake and kitties... mmmm perfect combo.

retto
07-27-2013, 06:50 AM
i also enjoy cake and kitties ... from now on im going to picture all of you as australians .. yappin away in vent with your crazy accents .. all matey this and dingo that ... i cant wait .

Crow_1982
07-27-2013, 06:55 AM
From last few pages of this thread, hard to tell what is current and future guidelines or did I miss something honestly useful?

novak64
07-27-2013, 06:55 AM
What I got from this thread... some people will never stop with the drama, Revanis isn't Australian, and Jade Enigma loves cake and kitties... mmmm perfect combo.I am fairly certain that etymological origins of the word forums is sourced from the ancient Greek word for drama.

ubernoobOWNZ
07-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Space your Ohio?if you're referring to my avatar...it's "STEAL your Face"

novak64
07-27-2013, 06:58 AM
if you're referring to my avatar...it's "Steal your Face" so my avatar would be "Stealing Ohio"...Actually we're both wrong here. I should have said Ohio your face.

But yeah...we need miracle.

retto
07-27-2013, 06:59 AM
oh great , there goes the neighborhood kids . the damn dirty hippies are moving in ...

novak64
07-27-2013, 07:02 AM
oh great , there goes the neighborhood kids . the damn dirty hippies are moving in ...Wut? I try to bathe at least once a week.

axel8000
07-27-2013, 07:04 AM
Wut? I try to bathe at least once a week.

I bathed once...

retto
07-27-2013, 07:04 AM
no patchulie oil ?

novak64
07-27-2013, 07:05 AM
no patchulie oil ?ewww...stinky

retto
07-27-2013, 07:07 AM
what a guy cant make fun of the greatful dead a little ?

novak64
07-27-2013, 07:11 AM
what a guy cant make fun of the greatful dead a little ?Sure you can. But I live in Berkeley, Ca. and I can testify that patchouli is some damn smelly stuff.

/testify

retto
07-27-2013, 07:12 AM
Sure you can. But I live in Berkeley, Ca. and I can testify that patchouli is some damn smelly stuff.

/testify

ive seen phish 50 times ..

novak64
07-27-2013, 07:14 AM
ive seen phish 50 times ..Ya then you've experienced your fair share of patchouli, Guatemalan fabrics and hemp jewelry. Maybe even some hacky sack and a drum circle.

ubernoobOWNZ
07-27-2013, 08:29 AM
http://www.allgoodfestival.com/

t (http://www.allgoodfestival.com/)his happened 45mins from my house.....nothing better than being FACED at a further show....

Lolindir
07-27-2013, 08:33 AM
http://www.allgoodfestival.com/

t (http://www.allgoodfestival.com/)his happened 45mins from my house.....nothing better than being FACED at a further show....

Looks like fun :)

ubernoobOWNZ
07-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Looks like fun :)LOL the lolindir gets down norwegian style?

p.s why is it when you google search "norwegian style" you get pictures of sweaters. is that all you people wear over there?

Bylar
07-27-2013, 10:32 AM
we are all human and we all make mistakes, none of the mistakes made should result in anyone resigning, or quitting or stepping down or any such thing. Vlada, your contributions to this project are completely obvious even to the newest of players and perhaps if you were actually at the event, then some blame would splash your way however you were not, so no blame should be yours to "own"

stay put, Vlada, indeed we need you

i do admire straight shootin personalities, however they are prone to shootin themselves in the foot more than i care to admit........

the issue was resolved by changing the policy and proceedures, and those who needed to did own up..........so lets let it go and get the servers back up

we all love to play the game, its the single thing we all have in common.....

May The Force Be With Us All.........

Sauska
07-27-2013, 10:49 AM
You know you wont see CH unless Vlada actually leaves, right?
I mean the guy has singlehandedly blocked CH development for years.
Oh, this is a great conspiracy theory! And a much better explanation for the missing CH than the fact that the AI hasn't been coded in yet. Thanks :D

Oru
07-27-2013, 10:56 AM
This project is a great team effort and Vlada is an integral part of it's success. Mistakes always happen, and as he is such a good team player, we all have to take responsibility for this matter. Thus if he would want to resign cause of this, we all should as well!

Vlada
07-27-2013, 11:05 AM
I guess you're all stuck with me for a while longer.

mrsanders
07-27-2013, 11:11 AM

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Celebrities/Jim Carrey celebrating New Years.gif

seg990
07-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Well

This makes me happy

Cliffy
07-27-2013, 01:47 PM

Good! You used to piss me off on some of your posts but once I got your sense of humor I enjoyed your posts :P

Get Big Evil active again and I'll really like you! Where's he been?? way too long a break!

Sauska
07-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Wooo, you got your Lead title back, gratz!

esmecat
07-27-2013, 02:05 PM
LOL the lolindir gets down norwegian style?

p.s why is it when you google search "norwegian style" you get pictures of sweaters. is that all you people wear over there?

it's because knitters are a powerful force! just ask the Yarn Harlot.
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/

noghri2000
07-27-2013, 02:16 PM
I guess you're all stuck with me for a while longer. that is giving me tears of happynes in my eyes

Arulius
07-27-2013, 04:01 PM

Quick! Lets seal him in carbonite so he can never leave.

http://i.imgur.com/oAEfdgK.jpg

Scurby
07-27-2013, 04:19 PM
Always moving forward....

Devs and QA have made it possible for EC's to use certain mobs for events. As a result, this will require more changes to the event guidelines.

The mobs for events will have no loot, no xp, no resources to harvest, and no credits. They can also be easily identified by targeting or viewing the combat log.

esmecat
07-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Always moving forward....

Devs and QA have made it possible for EC's to use certain mobs for events. As a result, this will require more changes to the event guidelines.

The mobs for events will have no loot, no xp, no resources to harvest, and no credits. They can also be easily identified by targeting or viewing the combat log.

this is a wonderful fix for the problem. thank you Scurby and all the Devs and QAs who spent time to make this happen.

0nyx
07-27-2013, 09:37 PM

Good :D

cadmunky
07-27-2013, 09:39 PM

Good. I was beginning to get twitchy with flashbacks of the Tiggs BS.

Never have I wanted so much to just start randomly kicking puppies.

Ashdanjadestel
07-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Glad to hear things are calming down since the other day. Vlada's still around, so that's good too.Quick question, all told, how many people are working on the project currently?

seg990
07-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Glad to hear things are calming down since the other day. Vlada's still around, so that's good too.Quick question, all told, how many people are working on the project currently?

I've been wondering that myself, I believe there's a page somewhere on here that lists all current members and their positions but I'm not sure.

novak64
07-27-2013, 11:40 PM
I've been wondering that myself, I believe there's a page somewhere on here that lists all current members and their positions but I'm not sure.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showgroups.php

Scurby
07-28-2013, 01:57 AM
That list is only current staff. In fact many more than that are actively involved.

I can count over 25 different people who have submitted patches in the last few months.

Another 60+ have submitted tickets to Mantis in that same time frame.

Count in the CT's and Nova regulars and we are looking at well over 100 people that can be counted as having a direct effect on the recent development progress.

But then there is the stress testing from the players on Bas... that has been priceless. So add that number to the mix and you get...

Everyone.

nee2earth
07-28-2013, 04:05 PM
That list is only current staff. In fact many more than that are actively involved.

I can count over 25 different people who have submitted patches in the last few months.

Another 60+ have submitted tickets to Mantis in that same time frame.

Count in the CT's and Nova regulars and we are looking at well over 100 people that can be counted as having a direct effect on the recent development progress.

But then there is the stress testing from the players on Bas... that has been priceless. So add that number to the mix and you get...

Everyone.

Now THAT might be the 'Post of the Year'. /thumbs-up Scurby

./pep-talk EMU forever

/accelerated Progress ftw

p.s. /cheer Vlada for *sticking around*

Ashdanjadestel
07-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Well said nee

Coldenblood
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm generally the type to just sit and watch how things will unfold, but I honestly think that there absolutely no reason for you to step down. Small pot holes like this come up all the time, and instead of waiting for it to happen again, you did your best to prevent it from happening again by writing this first draft. This project and community needs you.

ginjix2
07-30-2013, 12:31 AM
Holy Cracker Jacks !!! I vanish for about 6 months and this happens....oi...Vlada I'm so glad your not gone ! you have been the life blood of EMU as the developers have been the muscle and tissue of the project ! Hope to see you still here if I vanish for another 6 months.

stacy_19201325
07-30-2013, 01:13 AM
Has anyone else noticed Vlada is now "Lead Moderator - On leave" ? :(

Jade_Enigma
07-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Has anyone else noticed Vlada is now "Lead Moderator - On leave" ? :(

Oh that's not good...Just when we were starting to like each other.

bigevil
07-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Meh, people take "leave" breaks now and then. Its just a status change that is quite common. He was on leave earlier this year too.

Naik0i
07-30-2013, 03:05 AM
Meh, people take "leave" breaks now and then. Its just a status change that is quite common. He was on leave earlier this year too.

Indeed. Vlada, contrary to popular belief, is a mere mortal like the rest of us who needs to take a vacation to mustafar to tend to his krayts and take in some rays at the lava beach :)

novak64
07-30-2013, 03:07 AM
meh, people take "leave" breaks now and then. Its just a status change that is quite common. He was on leave earlier this year too.wb be :)

novak64
07-30-2013, 03:08 AM
meh, people take "leave" breaks now and then. Its just a status change that is quite common. He was on leave earlier this year too.WB be :)

bigevil
07-30-2013, 03:09 AM
wb be :)

thank you

WB be :)

thank you :p hehe

novak64
07-30-2013, 03:11 AM
thank you

thank you :p heheoops lol... not sure what happened there

Naik0i
07-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Ahhh! Didn't even notice ya were back. Hooray! :) Welcome back!

bigevil
07-30-2013, 03:14 AM
Ahhh! Didn't even notice ya were back. Hooray! :) Welcome back!

Thanks much. :) :banana:

Valkyra
07-30-2013, 03:14 AM
Yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGlY3ubGzUY

lol

bigevil
07-30-2013, 03:21 AM
Doh! Nice Val, the theme song for Welcome Back Kotter........lol one of my childhood shows. :p lol

Dasme
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4svNz7s2yPY
Just thought i would leave this here. I usually don't do any more of these but this is one of those times where i feel it is warranted

Lolindir
07-30-2013, 07:44 PM
Welcome back BigE :D

brandnew
07-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Quick! Lets seal him in carbonite ...

http://i.imgur.com/oAEfdgK.jpg
cool art
and people , stop whorshipin the mod. he just do his job here.a very good job and entertainment.

/salut

bigevil
07-31-2013, 02:39 AM
Welcome back BigE :D

Gracias :p Had to pop back by now that big V is in the south of France drinking little umbrella drinks and watching sunsets. :p

Lassic
07-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Yeah, I saw you pop in n that other thread and was like, oh **** BE is back because of this...you all are screwed. Welcome back bud. I am glad that Vlada has heard the cries of the masses that he remain. I know it only says that I joined in 2012, but I have been following this project from the exiled forums since 2006. The fact that at least 7 years of our lives has been dedicated to this game we loved. The coders, qa, moderators, developers....everyone who plays contributes to the game and its evolution. This is one of those evolutionary hiccups. Let it go at this point. Esme, your pound of flesh has been taken. Be satisfied.
ON a different note, I would like to address the event rule that says they cannot spawn mobs that can be killed. Is that a coding issue or just a decision. I ask this because of an event we have been planning near quahog that we planned on having grauls spawned for. We will of course fill out the application and discuss it, but I would like a discussion on killable mobs if the code can be made that they are not harvestable or lootable. This part:

item or cash rewards (unless supplied by the requester)

2. For these kind of event we cannot:

Spawn attachable MOB's or NPC's
Buff or resurrect participants
Teleport participants
Stop other players or guilds from participating

3. For these kind of event we can:
Spawn objects and none attackable NPC's and MOB's
Send system messages
Keep order
4. Player Requested PvP guidelines can be found here.

Staff sponsored events:

1. Need to be announced in advance
2. Announcement posted on our forums, Facebook page, G+ page and twitter
3. Everyone is welcome to attend

Lolindir
07-31-2013, 08:41 AM
If you look at the weekly update (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96903)i posted, you will see that there have been added event mobs. They do not drop any thing, no xp and are there just for making events happen. Only high end mobs so far, but more will be added in the future.

Cliffy
07-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Gracias :p Had to pop back by now that big V is in the south of France drinking little umbrella drinks and watching sunsets. :p

well deserved! Hopefully gets good weather! Just got back from D!sney World and it was anything but relaxing....would have rather been at a resort tbh and relaxed more!

Jay Forerunner
08-01-2013, 05:48 PM
This part:

2. For these kind of event we cannot:

Spawn attachable MOB's or NPC's
Buff or resurrect participants
Teleport participants
Stop other players or guilds from participating

3. For these kind of event we can:
Spawn objects and none attackable NPC's and MOB's
Send system messages
Keep order
4. Player Requested PvP guidelines can be found here.

Staff sponsored events:

1. Need to be announced in advance
2. Announcement posted on our forums, Facebook page, G+ page and twitter
3. Everyone is welcome to attend

So *THIS* is why I didn't get accepted. I tried to join as an intern, saying I wanted to be an Event Coordinator in-game, but I got an answer from Vlada saying I was denied. No details other than I didn't quite fit with their mold. I don't know about any rules for re-applying, however...

But I still must ask: why no spawning attackable NPCs?! I mean, loot and XP rewards might have something to do with it, but I can't imagine a responsible EC abusing this, nor any of the participants, for that matter. Maybe it's because if the one enemy dropped something shiny and there were lots of players there, they'd all fight each other over the shiny reward? Other than that, I just don't get it! :\ And if I unwittingly answered my own question, phooey to me!

Jade_Enigma
08-01-2013, 05:51 PM
So *THIS* is why I didn't get accepted. I tried to join as an intern, saying I wanted to be an Event Coordinator in-game, but I got an answer from Vlada saying I was denied. No details other than I didn't quite fit with their mold. I don't know about any rules for re-applying, however...

But I still must ask: why no spawning attackable NPCs?! I mean, loot and XP rewards might have something to do with it, but I can't imagine a responsible EC abusing this, nor any of the participants, for that matter. I just don't get it! :\

I'm not sure what it would be about that quote that would explain why you were turned down for the position...

baccarat
08-02-2013, 03:25 AM
I haven't read this string, just the OP. In case nobody pointed it out in the previous 22 pages... It's a test server. A problem was identified, it was fixed in a timely manner. I chalk it up to the "oops" factor. That's why it's called a test server. Life goes on. Thanks for everything you do. Now... Game ON!

(/me puts on his sock puppet and looks it dead in the eye...) Ok, I just double checked. Yep... It IS, in fact, a test server. Also... The planet is still spinning, and there is life outside of this forum. (sock puppet sighs) I just thought that in case the drama had gotten THAT nutty, that a little reality check was in order. Test. Server. Right? (sock puppet nods slowly, clearly ashamed of itself... "Right Boss...")

RIGHT?

ubernoobOWNZ
01-06-2014, 01:58 AM
bump............................

isakcom
01-06-2014, 08:51 PM
What? Vlada, people whine at you, but you shouldn't listen to them. Don't leave, you're irreplacable and every time I've ever talked to you you've been helpful, personally. I've never understood people's problem with you, and the people that have one should really learn to shut up. This project would lose something very dear if it lost you.

bigevil
01-06-2014, 09:09 PM
He is not. Uber gets board and necro-bumps now and again. :p

adripoirier
01-17-2015, 03:12 AM
Okay, sorry if there is already a discussion on this. I was unable to find it. I was wondering, for decorators, if pitch and roll have been or are going to be added to game? I am currently raising an architect and really would love to have that ability, since
decorating is my real love in the game.

Jade_Enigma
01-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Okay, sorry if there is already a discussion on this. I was unable to find it. I was wondering, for decorators, if pitch and roll have been or are going to be added to game? I am currently raising an architect and really would love to have that ability, since
decorating is my real love in the game.

No they haven't been added. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they were added after the CU.

adripoirier
01-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Ya they were. Was just hoping that the EMU crew decided to do now, what it took Sony way to late to do.

nee2earth
01-18-2015, 12:51 AM
Was just hoping that the EMU crew decided to do now, what it took Sony way to late to do.

We won't be, but these other 'crews' might...

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13