PDA

View Full Version : Launchpad Enhanced issues - 07/21/13

Vlada
07-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Launchpad Enhanced issues

June 21st, 2013
The SWGEmu Staff

ISSUE (kinda) RESOLVED!!! - keep reading...

http://images.wikia.com/glee/images/0/0c/HELL-YEAH.jpg

It seems that swgemu_login.cfg file that LPE downloads has rolled back to a file that is 5 years old lol.

You will need to change the server address in swgemu_login.cfg (located in C:\SWGEmu folder) from chicago2.swgemu.com to login.swgemu.com

Launchpad Enhanced issues 07/21/13

Seems that LPE host is having some issues. At this point I have no info about what caused it and how long it is going to be offline.

Workaround:

Go to C:\SWGEmu folder (default location) and locate swgemu.exe and use it to launch the game, it will bypass LPE

If there is no segemu.exe in SWGEmu folder download this: http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...onfigFiles.rar (http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/TroubleShoot-ConfigFiles.rar) and extract everything except swgemu_login.cfg in to your C:\SWGEmu folder (replace the existing files). Then use swgemu.exe to run the game.

Those that had a working SWGEmu client before LPE issues started but they screwed it up by reinstalling LPE or whatever can try System restore option in Windows. Roll back your system a day or two and you'll have a working SWGEmu client. Then just use SWGEmu.exe to run the game.

Those that are installing SWGEmu for the first time will have to wait for LPE to start working again.

~The SWGEmu Staff

whisoo
07-21-2013, 08:40 AM
There does seem to be a problem with the LPE, mine is loading very slowly indeed but has eventually updated and shows Play (for anyone who doesn't know, you can run SWGEmu.exe directly from the folder where SWGEmu is installed if need be)

o0zink0o
07-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Anyone else having a problem with the launcher? It acted up turned red.. tried to fix it.. I couldn't

So I uninstalled the launcher went to re download it and I get a "this site isn't working" when I try to download it.

Please help! =(

/cry

Vlada
07-21-2013, 08:42 AM
ya its down.

Crazyhorse23
07-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Here I am trying to get on and recruit a few people lol, figures it would be offline. I'm going to guess there are no safe backup mirrors? Thanks guys,

CH

timberwolf1964
07-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Having the same problem myself. Tried suggestions on troubleshooting page with no luck

Lusty
07-21-2013, 09:05 AM
How do I resolve this?
When it started playing up I reinstalled SWG, and used a previously saved copy of LPE, but it's throwing errors about not being able to get version information. SWGEmu isn't actually installed at this time.

sharpei2
07-21-2013, 09:12 AM
launcher stuck on updating for ages now no play button :(

Rundinx
07-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Having the same issue. Getting an error when trying to re-download the LPE.

This:

Not Found
The requested URL /installer/LPESetup.exe was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Rosamund
07-21-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm also having problems with it. I did a soft log which crashed, and now the updater is stuck on "updating" where the "play" button should be even though the update itself finished. The information panel on the side of the launcher is also an error page instead of the links, refreshing it does not repair it.

VirusOfFaith
07-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I can't even download LPE... can someone upload it somewhere?

soteBSF
07-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Anyone found a way past this? I’m like a crack fiend searching for rock…. I need MY SWG!! :(

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 09:33 AM
hullo all i have the same please help us!

all donwload links are not working, but thanks to the force i had the launcher-zip... so i deleted the launcher, reinstalled but it doesnt work!

VirusOfFaith
07-21-2013, 09:35 AM
damn, i have a feeling we won't play swg too soon...

legionserial
07-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Same problem. After running a full scan I get the play button to appear, but when I click it, i get 'access to the path C:/SWGemu/SWGemu. exe is denied', whether running the lpe as admin or not.

Crow_1982
07-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Having same issue gents, I'm sure they have to know about it and are looking into. I only found out it wasn't working when I got a driver update window pop up and had to reboot.

tamanx
07-21-2013, 09:42 AM
clicking on Full Scan brings the Play button up, but when you hit Play then LPE just reloads and it sits on Updating ...
I also can't find SWGEmu.exe in my folder to click on, as has been suggested ... maybe its absence has something to do with running the full scan?

froggy25
07-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Just start it from the SWGEmu folder

GrosPhoque
07-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Hello Everybody,

I had the same problem, so I reinstalled everything (I still had the LPE installer).
But when I try to use the LPE, I have an error:

The address http://lpe.ocdsoft.com/installer/version.txt cannot be found. So I cannot install the LPE. Anyone knows if the LPE server will be repaired?

Thanks

Lusty
07-21-2013, 09:46 AM
Made some progress following the instructions here.
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855

YMMV

In the end I just uninstalled everything, deleted the LPE folder under users, made this post, and fired up EVE.
I'll have another look tomorrow.

kendeman
07-21-2013, 09:47 AM
After i login it keeps 'connecting to the login server'. It does that when i start trough the launchpad, and also when i start swgemu.exe manually.

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 09:48 AM
hullo all, there is an other thread: SWGEmu Launchpad Enhanced not working?

we all have the same problem... guess solar storms are strong today lol

legionserial
07-21-2013, 09:49 AM
I found a bit of a workaround. By manually going to C:/SWGemu and running SWGemu.exe, the game bypasses the launcher and loads up.

Shortb0y
07-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Same issue here tried a full scan, the play button pops up but then just reloads the launcher again and back to the updating instead of a play button. Legionserial I will try your work around cheers for posting it :)

edit Legionserial i couldnt find swgemu.exe did you mean swgemu_Setup ?

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 10:00 AM
i doesnt work, now i wont even get to the launcher itself, it pops up, then a backround message apears says the remoteserver...404 stuff

legionserial
07-21-2013, 10:00 AM

No there's an SWGemu.exe in my SWGemu folder as well as the setup exe. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be, but I'm glad there is!

I'm bit confused about the whole thing really, as I don't remember installing SWG or emu to the root of my hard drive at all. That's probably just me though.

Crow_1982
07-21-2013, 10:02 AM
No there's an SWGemu.exe in my SWGemu folder. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be, but I'm glad there is!

Same here, in x86 there is a Launchpad.exe, other than that I just have the setup exe in SWGEmu folder.

Shortb0y
07-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Humm SWGEmu has been up and down like the Assyrian empire... might have to go and read a book...

tamanx
07-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Same issue here tried a full scan, the play button pops up but then just reloads the launcher again and back to the updating instead of a play button. Legionserial I will try your work around cheers for posting it :)

I did the same thing and also could not find the .exe ... I'd suggest not running the Scan before looking for the SWGEmu.exe file, I have a hunch that when you run the scan, LPE deletes the exe and expects to download a new one ... but ... there currently seems to be no LPE server, so it can not ...

considering that this appears to be a serverside issue, no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling clientside is going to get anyone in game ... just have to wait now and hope it's back up soon ...

legionserial
07-21-2013, 10:08 AM
I did the same thing ... I'd suggest not running the Scan before looking for the SWGEmu.exe file, I have a hunch that when you run the scan, LPE deletes the exe and expects to download a new one ... but ... there currently seems to be no LPE server, so it can not ...

considering that this appears to be a serverside issue, no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling clientside is going to get anyone in game ... just have to wait now and hope it's back up soon ...

I ran the the full scan a whole bunch of times. But now you've said that, I'll avoid doing it again for now lol.

I'm sure it'll all be sorted out soon enough.

Shortb0y
07-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Cheers Tamanx, that would be why I have no .exe file mystery solved and book in hand... shame there is no audio beep when the game is running again ;)

Crow_1982
07-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Yeah, kinda feel like a lost child now, assumed that the full scan would have taken care of the issue.....

soteBSF
07-21-2013, 10:18 AM
I did the same thing and also could not find the .exe ... I'd suggest not running the Scan before looking for the SWGEmu.exe file, I have a hunch that when you run the scan, LPE deletes the exe and expects to download a new one ... but ... there currently seems to be no LPE server, so it can not ...

I ran the full scan and now the SWGemu.exe is gone as well.

scarasyte
07-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Same thing happened to me with the exe. Luckily I had 2 copies. One was from the CDs and the other from steam. Both had the swgemu.exe in them so I just copied it back over.

Althalen
07-21-2013, 10:25 AM
As it has been stated several times already:

Launch "SWGEmu.exe" from your /SWGEmu folder.

It'll work.

soteBSF
07-21-2013, 10:27 AM
If the SWGEmu.exe was there that would be great.

GrosPhoque
07-21-2013, 10:30 AM
But there is still a problem for the ones who uninstalled the LPE.
The installation does not work if the LPE server is down...

minkaluna
could you help me out? i still cant play...

VirusOfFaith
If the SWGEmu.exe was there that would be great.
True... I still can't even download LPE, can anyone upload it somewhere?

sharpei2
07-21-2013, 10:31 AM
No swgemu.exe in my /swgemu folder either.

Deathshades
07-21-2013, 10:33 AM
Good I thought I was the only one with this Problem. I bet someone is looking at it already

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 10:35 AM
i deletet both, the launcher and swg.. then reinstalled it all new but guess what.. still cant play... someone could help please?

soteBSF
07-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Same thing happened to me with the exe. Luckily I had 2 copies. One was from the CDs and the other from steam. Both had the swgemu.exe in them so I just copied it back over.

I have the CD's, I'm searching them but I'm not finding that .exe

Crow_1982
07-21-2013, 10:36 AM

Yeah, just went and copied mine back over....back to same issue...

Crow_1982
07-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Guess its times to just go get some rest and hope all is well when I get back, g'night all, best of luck!

C1QP0X
07-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Is it working yet?

whisoo
07-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Well why uninstall SWGEmu.exe in the first place? /sigh

Vlada said the LPE was down!

soteBSF
07-21-2013, 10:52 AM

Because some users were able to bypass the LPE and get in game using the SWGEmu.exe

Aggersboel
07-21-2013, 10:55 AM

Well, on the troubleshooting page for the launcher, it said to uninstall, clean the registry, and reinstall. So all swgemu files are lost in that process.

Any ETA on when the launcher will be working Again, so we can redownload?

smoothUK
07-21-2013, 10:57 AM
I downloaded the LPE from here http://launchpad-enhanced.software.informer.com/ but it wont update as the server is still down

whisoo
07-21-2013, 10:58 AM
There was already a post about the LPE and the fact it was down, first thing I checked when I had a problem!

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 10:59 AM
Well, on the troubleshooting page for the launcher, it said to uninstall, clean the registry, and reinstall. So all swgemu files are lost in that process.

Any ETA on when the launcher will be working Again, so we can redownload?

pardon what? my english is not so good, eerrrr i deletet both and reinstalled it, i figured out it is a problem with the launchpad hp... but are all my swgfiles lost cause of reinstalling it? arent the metadata on your servers? don tell me my chars are gone..

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:00 AM
Seems that LPE host is having some issues. At this point I have no info about what caused it and how long it is going to be offline.

Workaround:

Go to C:\SWGEmu folder (default location) and locate swgemu.exe and use it to launch the game, it will bypass LPE

If there is no segemu.exe in SWGEmu folder download this: http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...onfigFiles.rar (http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/TroubleShoot-ConfigFiles.rar) and extract everything except swgemu_login.cfg in to your C:\SWGEmu folder (replace the existing files). Then use swgemu.exe to run the game.

P.S. I will repost this in the OP.

soteBSF
07-21-2013, 11:00 AM
pardon what? my english is not so good, eerrrr i deletet both and reinstalled it, i figured out it is a problem with the launchpad hp... but are all my swgfiles lost cause of reinstalling it? arent the metadata on your servers? don tell me my chars are gone..

Your characters will be fine.

Aggersboel
07-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Workaround:

That sounds good, but it will not get me very far, since swg still needs a lot of files to run (such as all the files, the launcher copies from the original swg folder, or downloads). So if you reinstalled swg, and swgemu, the exe alone will not save your day.

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 11:08 AM

Workaround:

hullo vlada,

it doesnt work... here is what i have done so far.

reinstalled both the game and the launcher ( i had the zip data in a old folder), but the launchre still doesnt work.
then i did what you wrot but it says then i cant run cause there is no valid data.

it says: dpvs.ddl is not located on my computer

so guess waiting till the lpe host is on again?

thanky for your help

C1QP0X
07-21-2013, 11:08 AM
thanks vlad, you the man. as for every one else we can play now!

tamanx
07-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Workaround:

This works, thank you!!! Although all I added to the folder was SWGEmu.exe, none of the other files.

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:22 AM
People who tried to fix this by reinstalling LPE have pretty much screwed themselves. In order to reinstall LPE needs to redownload files that are not available for download thus completely messing up their SWGEmu client.

Good thing to remember if you are having issues check on forums first, if everyone else is having the same issue then your game client is just fine so there is no need to repair it.

Anit Ipaec
07-21-2013, 11:23 AM
So typical. Haven't played this since like 9 years ago and i just today found out that fans have restarted some servers. I thought i had some other issues not being able to even download the LPE. Is there any updates on the expected time when you can be up and running again?
Thanks!

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Nope. As soon as i know something i will let you know.

Deathshades
07-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Hey Vlada,

I can log in via .exe but it sends me to a different Server. Any Idea how I can fix this? The Server Name it sends me to is called ROTF and there are'nt any of my characters

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 11:26 AM
People who tried to fix this by reinstalling LPE have pretty much screwed themselves. In order to reinstall LPE needs to redownload files that are not available for download thus completely messing up their SWGEmu client.

Good thing to remember if you are having issues check on forums first, if everyone else is having the same issue then your game client is just fine so there is no need to repair it.

hmmm ok then i didnt knew this, the information wasnt avaiable at the moment i reinstalled all. i tried it for hours allready when the info came in.
never mind, thanks for your help anyway.

makednoce
07-21-2013, 11:27 AM
After downloading .RAR extracted to SWGEmu folder without login.cfg but still i am unable to start the game.Any other sugestions are apretiated,thanks.

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s490/makednoce/swgemu_zpsa10fb634.jpg

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: SWGEmu.exe
Application Version: 0.0.119.798
Application Timestamp: 425ed458
Fault Module Name: SWGEmu.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.119.798
Fault Module Timestamp: 425ed458
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 006a1e3f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Anit Ipaec
07-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Sry to hear that! Thanks much appreciated! =)

whisoo
07-21-2013, 11:33 AM
@ makednoce

Did you View problem details? might be worth checking and maybe identify the problem

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Hey Vlada,

I can log in via .exe but it sends me to a different Server. Any Idea how I can fix this? The Server Name it sends me to is called ROTF and there are'nt any of my characters

I guess we know where you played last.

Anyway, go to C:\SWGEmu and locate swgemu_login.cfg file, open it with notepad and change server address to nova.swgemu.com port to 44453, save and exit.

Those that had a working SWGEmu client before LPE issues started but they screwed it up by reinstalling LPE or whatever can try System restore option in Windows. Roll back your system a day or two and you'll have a working SWGEmu client. Then just use SWGEmu.exe to run the game.

Darkfyre1
07-21-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm missing dvps.dll as well

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Those missing dvps.dll, are you using Trend-Micro anti virus?

Deathshades
07-21-2013, 11:42 AM
Hey Vlada,

thanks for the quick solution, it worked! I logged into that Server once a few months ago. When opening the LPE earlier I couldnt select logging in Official Swg Emu Server. Anyway thanks for the quick help!

kendeman
07-21-2013, 11:46 AM
missing the dvps.dll also now, i have Avast antivirus. But before that i clicked a repair button on the LPE wich probably removed it?

Is this file uploaded anywhere? Since the LPE can't be used to download missing files atm.

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:48 AM
It is uploaded, but thats probably not the only file missing.

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/swgemu_dllpackage.zip

You are slowly running out of options, you will probably have to either wait or do a system restore.

kendeman
07-21-2013, 11:51 AM
Great Vlada thanks swgemu.exe runs :)

makednoce
07-21-2013, 11:53 AM
I wish i had such luck ...! :( Any answer to my post?

07-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I wish i had such luck ...! :( Any answer to my post?

System restore.

EDIT:

Oh i think this is a perfect time to remind everyone to make backups of their working SWGEmu client. Just copy the whole SWGEmu folder to a safe location or two... or 8 (like me). Then when something like this happens and your game client gets messed up you can just copy everything back from backup and use swgemu.exe to run the game.

Oh and dont use LPE to run the game, there is no point. All the updates and changes are server side so after you use LPE to install SWGEmu client there is really no need to use it again because it can only cause problems. After you are finished installing just locate swgemu.exe file, make a shortcut on your desktop and use that to launch the game.

Crow_1982
07-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Moved all the files from the zip as instructed, i can get to the login screen, but getting hung up on Connecting to the Login Server...

Problem Corrected, had to correct server in swgemu_login.cfg

Vlada
07-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Backups, backups, backups!!!

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 12:48 PM
i guess i am the only one that cant play swg....

Darth_Hole
07-21-2013, 12:58 PM
I manage to destroy my SWGEMU folder files by thinkering with what I thought a broken LPE. SWGEMU is missing, I manage to get that back by downloading this:

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/TroubleShoot-ConfigFiles.rar

and this:

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...dllpackage.zip (http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/swgemu_dllpackage.zip)

put it on the SWGEMU folder

but the game crash at start up, telling something about a config file so i fixed it creating a swgemu.cfg on txt pad and pasting this inside:

.include "swgemu_login.cfg"
.include "swgemu_live.cfg"
.include "swgemu_preload.cfg"
.include "options.cfg"
.include "user.cfg"

I manage to get the game working but I can't login. I fixed it by puting this inside swgemu_login.cfg:

[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453
loginServerAddress0=login.swgemu.com

Hope you understand, im not good at explaining things

Am playing now...

I forgot to mention that don't open the LPE afterdoing this cause it will do something nasty again to the game folder files, use the SWGEMU folder's game exe.

Camasi
07-21-2013, 02:06 PM
file not found on your second link :(

Vlada
07-21-2013, 02:09 PM

nee2earth
07-21-2013, 02:20 PM

Sorry to be a noob here Vlada, but what are we supposed to do with that/those *files* ?

I 'extracted' them but now what?

Also: when u say "those who screwed up by re-downloading the LPE" , do u mean those of us who ran a 'Full Scan' (aka "repair" ) from the Launchpad?

thanks.

Vlada
07-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Sorry to be a noob here Vlada, but what are we supposed to do with that/those *files* ?

I 'extracted' them but now what?

Also: when u say "those who screwed up by re-downloading the LPE" , do u mean those of us who ran a 'Full Scan' (aka "repair" ) from the Launchpad?

thanks.

Did i say re-download (because you cant do that atm) or reinstall?

Anyway, just extract that in your SWGEmu folder.

Carnox
07-21-2013, 02:24 PM
dont work mhhhh maybe i instal the game new ?

nee2earth
07-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Did i say re-download (because you cant do that atm) or reinstall?

Anyway, just extract that in your SWGEmu folder.

re-install yeah, my fault (i didn't do that btw, i just ran a 'Full Scan' )

And i just 'extracted' those Files over to my folder, but i'm still not seeing the 'swgemu.EXE' file....

ugh , i knew i shouldn't have Exited the game lol

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I manage to destroy my SWGEMU folder files by thinkering with what I thought a broken LPE. SWGEMU is missing, I manage to get that back by downloading this:

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/TroubleShoot-ConfigFiles.rar

and this:

http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloa...dllpackage.zip (http://www.swgemu.com/swgemu/downloads/swgemu_dllpackage.zip)

put it on the SWGEMU folder

but the game crash at start up, telling something about a config file so i fixed it creating a swgemu.cfg on txt pad and pasting this inside:

.include "swgemu_login.cfg"
.include "swgemu_live.cfg"
.include "swgemu_preload.cfg"
.include "options.cfg"
.include "user.cfg"

I manage to get the game working but I can't login. I fixed it by puting this inside swgemu_login.cfg:

[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453

Hope you understand, im not good at explaining things

Am playing now...

I forgot to mention that don't open the LPE afterdoing this cause it will do something nasty again to the game folder files, use the SWGEMU folder's game exe.

i also did this... but guess what again... so i hope the lpe starts working again... now. lol

Vlada
07-21-2013, 02:28 PM
re-install yeah, my fault (i didn't do that btw, i just ran a 'Full Scan' )

And i just 'extracted' those Files over to my folder, but i'm still not seeing the 'swgemu.EXE' file....

ugh , i knew i shouldn't have Exited the game lol

That was the dll pack you downloaded, use the link in the OP if you are missing swgemu.exe file.

Carnox
07-21-2013, 02:29 PM
ah ok is the lpe server down atm ?

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 02:36 PM
ah ok is the lpe server down atm ?

.................for hours

Vlada
07-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I've hear that SWG:ANH has an installer that works, just needs a small txt file edit.

P.S. You didnt hear this from me.

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 03:01 PM
where can i check if the lpe runs again? i cant find nuthing in the net....

Vlada
07-21-2013, 03:02 PM
www.launchpadenhanced.com

nee2earth
07-21-2013, 03:03 PM
That was the dll pack you downloaded, use the link in the OP if you are missing swgemu.exe file.

That 'link' finally worked for me yep (i had to first download 'WinRAR' to be able to extract the files) .

I'm IN-GAME now. Thank you Vlada.

And from now on, as suggested by another poster in this thread, i will only start EMU by the 'shortcut' to swgemu.EXE file

(So basically, am i to understand that at least at this point: the LPE is essentially superfluous?? )

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 03:05 PM

thank you vlada and pardon me for spamin.

Vlada
07-21-2013, 03:10 PM
(So basically, am i to understand that at least at this point: the LPE is essentially superfluous?? )

Pretty much.

And make backups, always make backups.

timberwolf1964
07-21-2013, 03:22 PM
www.launchpadenhanced.com not working for me

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find lpe.ocdsoft.com

Vlada
07-21-2013, 03:30 PM
www.launchpadenhanced.com (http://www.launchpadenhanced.com) not working for me

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find lpe.ocdsoft.com

Yes, we know. Whole thread is about that.

timberwolf1964
07-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Apologies I read the post above for the .dll's and got it wrong

jimski427
07-21-2013, 04:02 PM
haven't played this in a while, i'm receiving the launchpad issue. However, when I go and try and launch the EXE file, I just get stuck at the connecting to login server page. Any ides?

Vlada
07-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Wrong server probably.

Go to C:/SWGEmu folder and locate swgemu_login.cfg file. Open it with notepad. Tell me what it says.

Awelan
07-21-2013, 04:34 PM
So here is the thing i managed to make it and log in game. except that i have one problem, cant turn the sound on (volume bars are set to 0 and cant move them, sound isnt disabled i double checked) and it looks like any changes i do in options are reverted once i exit options screen. Any ideas what might be wrong?

tolian_tnt
07-21-2013, 04:50 PM
furthermore if you went through all the steps and finally got it working only to realize soonafter you had no sound, copy miles over from star wars galaxies main install folder, to swgemu root folder.

Awelan
07-21-2013, 05:00 PM
thank You tolian_tnt sound is fixed now ;)

Kiku8897
07-21-2013, 05:55 PM

I did this and I get an error saying "SwgClient_r has stopped working." anyone know how to fix this? :l

Vlada
07-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Wait?

monkfish1973
07-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Wrong server probably.

Go to C:/SWGEmu folder and locate swgemu_login.cfg file. Open it with notepad. Tell me what it says.

Mine is not connecting it just hangs on connecting to server this is what my config file says
[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453
loginServerAddress0=chicago2.swgemu.com

Vlada
07-21-2013, 06:29 PM
wrong server, change it to login.swgemu.com

monkfish1973
07-21-2013, 07:04 PM
wrong server, change it to login.swgemu.com
That works great thanks alot:)

The Whacko
07-21-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm getting a compatability error message.

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 08:09 PM
what do you think how much time such a mess needs to be cleaned up? hope not more than 12 h because it is allready down (the LPE ) for more than 12 h lol^^

Vlada
07-21-2013, 08:19 PM
This is a kind of mess that can end up being permanent.

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 08:39 PM
i guess... it is on :)

Vlada
07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Looks like we are back in business!!!!

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 08:46 PM
yeah the force is with us, now updating yes yes

thanks again vlada for your support! and the boys and girls doin the LPE :)

Valkyra
07-21-2013, 08:49 PM
lol at the picture on the main page of ocdsoft.com

VirusOfFaith
07-21-2013, 08:50 PM
nope.
still waiting to get this repaired :(

edit: it's back on lol
yep amazing pic on main page :P

The Whacko
07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I'm still getting the "This version of this file is not compatable with your version of Windows"

Vlada
07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
nope.
still waiting to get this repaired :(

Let LPE do its thing or do a full repair from LPE.

Yeah, I'm still getting the "This version of this file is not compatable with your version of Windows"

LPE needs a reinstall.

SarahJay
07-21-2013, 09:01 PM
I can't connect to login server once I get in game from the "fixed" LPE ? :p

whisoo
07-21-2013, 09:04 PM
A round of applause for Vlada's patience and help for everyone here today

:clap:

Thanks Vlada

perigwyn
07-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Did you check to see if the SWGEmu_login.cfg has the right stuff in it?

loginServerPort0=44453

Vlada
07-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Ya seems that swgemu_login.cfg file that LPE downloads has rolled back to a file that is 5 years old lol.

You will need to change the server address in swgemu_login.cfg (located in C:\SWGEmu folder) from chicago2.swgemu.com to login.swgemu.com

SarahJay
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Did you check to see if the SWGEmu_login.cfg has the right stuff in it?

loginServerPort0=44453

D'Oh that did it lol

Rundinx
07-21-2013, 09:18 PM
For those needing to re-download the LPE completely. Here is a link to my Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uxn7mfbue5bez32/LPESetup.exe

Hope this can help someone.

A big "THANKS" to Killbox for helping me. Re-downloading this fixed all my issues. Just passing it on.

VirusOfFaith
07-21-2013, 09:28 PM
After running SWGEmu.exe i'm getting strange error. here's crash dump fragment:

SWGEmu.exe: stage.119798
unknown location : FATAL 82674e4e: unsupported SlotIdManager file format [0004]

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 09:28 PM
emm just a question.. it still downloads, so i took a look and.. why does the launcher downloads a 2gb file? pardon me when i first installed the LPEa month ago, i now dont remember proper if the launcher did a download..

Vlada
07-21-2013, 09:30 PM
No idea, whole SWGEmu client is less than 2.5GB

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 09:32 PM
ah pardon me idint write it right, i mean the launcher runs, it just downloads a huge file named datafile1....

Vlada
07-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Still no idea, whole LPE install is around 3.5MB

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 09:41 PM
do you know, if first installed, some huge data a required to run this game? i told you i allready wiped all off 14 h ago just before you posted the hints and stuff... so maybe it is normal that the game is donwloading stuff.. besides, i have c: and d:, c: is only for windows and d: is for my other stuff like games. i all installed d: both, the game and the launcher, but what i now figured out is, trhat there is a folder created at c: called swgEMU???

Vlada
07-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Not that i know off, but... It seems that server was rolled back to a backup from some 4 or 5 years ago so i really dont know what and how the install process worked then.

minkaluna
07-21-2013, 09:59 PM
hmmm another thing i am wondering is, why cant i decide where the swgEMU places that huge nearly 3gb... i don wanna have em on my system c: lol - if it would download then! it stuck now for 5 times lol BUT AS I WRITE....

i remember the options... lol so i told the launcher where the emulocation is.. on d:!
and... tatatataaaa where my source location is, the game itself... alos on d: - before i did those changes.. all was set on default c: lol SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the huge data was the game itself lol - and the playbutton flashes blue!

M3Power95
07-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Ok so I changed the login config information to the swgemu server. LPE works but when I click play, it crashes. This is what I'm getting from the log:

Faulting application name: SWGEmu.exe, version: 0.0.119.798, time stamp: 0x425ed458
Faulting module name: SWGEmu.exe, version: 0.0.119.798, time stamp: 0x425ed458
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x006a1e3f
Faulting process id: 0x1664
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8662ecafbaff
Faulting application path: C:\SWGEmu\SWGEmu.exe
Faulting module path: C:\SWGEmu\SWGEmu.exe
Report Id: 2c6c82d1-f256-11e2-9860-14dae9caa0b6

Any ideas on what I should do?

Vlada
07-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Reinstall everything.

M3Power95
07-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Reinstall everything.

I'm trying a complete repair in LPE. Haven't tried that yet. Hopefully it will work! *Fingers crossed*

Vlada
07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Well, complete repair is pretty much a full reinstall of SWGEmu cleint.

nee2earth
07-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Well, complete repair is pretty much a full reinstall of SWGEmu cleint.

Just double-checking: So if things seem to working just fine by simply manually clicking the 'swgemu.exe' file to play (from now on) , i needn't bother with downloading this "new" version of the LPE , correct?

p.s. *Thanks* again for your replies today Vlada (and others) .

Vlada
07-22-2013, 07:33 AM
There is no new vesrion of LPE and probably never will be, there are no client side updates that LPE needs to download if there are we will announce it. If and when new launcher/installer shows up it will be a different one and we will announce that too.

So as soon as you have everything back in working order here is what you do:

1. Locate swgemu.exe in C:\SWGEmu folder and create a shortcut on your desktop
2. Make a copy (backup) of your SWGEmu folder in a safe location or two.
3. Every month or two backup just your Profiles folder (it contains your macros, notes and UI settings). You can replace the one in your backed up SWGEmu folder or save it in a different location.

Zerohouruk
07-22-2013, 12:42 PM
I'm having a different problem - I can run the game just fine by running swgemu.exe directly, but if I try to run the LPE a command prompt opens (blank) and this error comes up "C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\LAUNCH~1.EXE The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:1269 IP:0186 OP:66 63 29 20 7b Choose 'Close to terminate the application" There are two buttons - close and ignore. If i click close, it closes, if I click ignore, the same message appears but the error code is different (CS:1269 IP:0187 OP:63 29 20 7b 0a). If I click ignore again nothing more appears (including the launchpad).

Vlada
07-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Then dont use LPE, its useless anyway.

Or if you are really set on using it, unistall LPE, delete LPECommon folder, clean your registry and then reinstall LPE.

Malady
07-22-2013, 04:04 PM
I personally never had a problem with LPE. But I have more then one server setup in it. The last server I was on was Veers. When I slected Official as the server it loaded the game just fine. I did notice once that inside the (swgemu_login.cfg) file say (nova.swgemu.com) and not (login.swgemu.com). I don't know why that is, but it works fine and i'm on the Baslisk server not Nova server.

LPE for me at least will automatically change the (swgemu_login.cfg) file to whatever server I want to login to. So I have never had to manually change the login.

Uru Moomintoog
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I got online fine my normal way (LPE.exe) should I really be using a different way to get in Galaxy? Sorry I dont speak computer very well.
I figure if I can get in and all seems fine,,do nothing.

gpig3
07-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah I followed the instructions and I still get "NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal operation" ??? I don't mind using SWGEmu.exe, but will my game still update?

Vlada
07-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Yeah I followed the instructions and I still get "NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal operation" ??? I don't mind using SWGEmu.exe, but will my game still update?

There are not client side updates, so LPE is not necessary after you install the game client.

Zerohouruk
07-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Then dont use LPE, its useless anyway.

Or if you are really set on using it, unistall LPE, delete LPECommon folder, clean your registry and then reinstall LPE.

I found a way to fix the error.
Step 1: Go into the folder where you installed Launchpad Enhanced. (For me this is C:\Program Files\Launchpad Enhanced\)
Step 2: See if you have a file called "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old". For me, the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old" was 1.2mb, whereas the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe" was 5kb. NOTE: To see file extensions you may have to configure it, see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions
Step 3: Rename LaunchpadEnhanced.exe to whatever you damn please.
Step 4: Remove the .old from LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old, returning it to LaunchpadEnhanced.exe
Step 5: Run the newly renamed LaunchpadEnhanced.exe!

ashur
07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
or just dont run launchpad at all. just run swgemu.exe.

oh and if you uninstall LPE, and backup your swgemu folder, nothing will ever go wrong.

I have been using the exact same swgemu.exe from the same folder for 5+ years now

Zerohouruk
07-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Launchpad has handy quick links to the profession calculator + game options, so I'd rather have it than not have it, which is why I spent 5 minutes fixing my issue and posting it here for others.

Sauska
07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
1. Locate swgemu.exe in C:\SWGEmu folder and create a shortcut on your desktop
Oddly enough, the desktop shortcut doesn't work on my computer. Doubleclicking the exe in the SWGEmu folder works fine though.

I found a way to fix the error.
Step 1: Go into the folder where you installed Launchpad Enhanced. (For me this is C:\Program Files\Launchpad Enhanced\)
Step 2: See if you have a file called "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old". For me, the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old" was 1.2mb, whereas the "LaunchpadEnhanced.exe" was 5kb. NOTE: To see file extensions you may have to configure it, see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/show-hide-file-name-extensions
Step 3: Rename LaunchpadEnhanced.exe to whatever you damn please.
Step 4: Remove the .old from LaunchpadEnhanced.exe.old, returning it to LaunchpadEnhanced.exe
Step 5: Run the newly renamed LaunchpadEnhanced.exe!
I did that, but the launchpad doesn't work flawless after that. It puts 4 dll files on my desktop (Exceed.dll among others) and shows an error window. When I close the error window, the launchpad starts and I can log into the game. I think I'll stick with doubleclicking the swgemu.exe in the SWGEmu folder :)

Lolindir
07-22-2013, 07:54 PM
or just make a shortcut?

Zerohouruk
07-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Shortcut doesn't work for some reason, I have same problem as him. Just comes up with SwgClient_r has stopped working. Quite strange, but atleast I've got my LPE workin now.

Vlada
07-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Launchpad has handy quick links to the profession calculator + game options, so I'd rather have it than not have it, which is why I spent 5 minutes fixing my issue and posting it here for others.

Game Options exe file can be found in SWGEmu folder and Kodan's calculator you can download... lets say from here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/4135489t5u49lnr/Kodans+calc.rar).

ashur
07-22-2013, 08:34 PM
its allso on my skydrive.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=7cac404e7f5bc1c7#cid=7CAC404E7F5BC1C7&id=7CAC404E7F5BC1C7%21641

together with a few other things that are very useful like the config files for swgemu. the 60fps client, no rain and no sanstorm mod, and the settings overrider :)

Zerohouruk
07-22-2013, 09:13 PM
I understand all of that completely.. I just posted how to fix the launchpad so you could find all of those in 1 place. Don't see what the problem is.
Cheers for the skydrive link tho, needed that 60fps client.

Lolindir
07-22-2013, 09:16 PM
It was good info Zerohouruk. Well done.

Vlada
07-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Very good.

Zerohouruk
07-22-2013, 09:38 PM
I'll expect my blue peter badge in the post.
http://www.show.me.uk/dbimages/chunked_image/2006_1189_lg.JPG

Vlada
07-22-2013, 11:23 PM
nova.swgemu.com should work too. If you cant connect then somethign else is blockign your access, either a firewall, anti-virus or ports being blocked.

Eddy Stylez
07-25-2013, 11:07 PM
I can't even install the SWGemu anymore. I had reformatted my computer last week, and I tried installing it today, but just get a ton of LPE errors saying it couldn't retreive a bunch of patches, and then when I try launching the game from SWGEmu.exe I get an Exception code: 0xc0000005 error.

I'm assuming nobody will be able to reinstall the swgemu until the LPE servers are fixed.

Vlada
07-25-2013, 11:22 PM
I can't even install the SWGemu anymore. I had reformatted my computer last week, and I tried installing it today, but just get a ton of LPE errors saying it couldn't retreive a bunch of patches, and then when I try launching the game from SWGEmu.exe I get an Exception code: 0xc0000005 error.

I'm assuming nobody will be able to reinstall the swgemu until the LPE servers are fixed.

LPE works fine atm, its probably something you missed after your reformat.

Eddy Stylez
07-26-2013, 12:50 AM
LPE works fine atm, its probably something you missed after your reformat.

I can't figure it out. I tried deleting the LPEcommon folder, reinstalling both LPE and SWG, but I 'm still getting this error while the LPE is downloading the SWGEmu files:

EDIT: NVM I managed to fix it. I did the folllowing:

1. Make sure LPE is not running.

2. Delete all .cfg files in the SWGemu directory except for swgemu_login.cfg, and launch LPE.

3. Click 'options', reconfigure the source folder to the correct directory, and restart LPE.

4. A messaged popped up saying that dpvs.dll was corrupted. LPE repaired the file and now the game runs perfectly.

I hope this helps anyone that was receiving an error when trying to launch the game.

chayn
08-25-2013, 06:47 PM
I dunno how to do any of this crap so I guess I wont play until 1.0 or until LPE does it for me.... :(

Vlada
08-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I dunno how to do any of this crap so I guess I wont play until 1.0 or until LPE does it for me.... :(

Go to your SWGEmu folder
Locate swgemu_login.cfg file
Open it with notepad
Change core3.swgemu.com to login.swgemu.com
Save and exit
Locate swgemu.exe in the same folder
Use swgemu.exe to launch the game
Never use LPE again

chayn
08-25-2013, 08:12 PM
First off... Thanks Vlada.. :) I guess you're amongst those who dont believe me when I have said several times that I'm a VERY computer stupid carpenter who just likes playing games.

As for #1 on your list.... I have absolutely no idea how or where to find my SWGEmu folder..... so, i'll just wait till other things are sorted out :)

click and play is all I can do, nor do I have the inclination to learn anything beyond that, but thanks again for your patient explanation..

Vlada
08-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Thats just it, things will not get sorted out, unless Karl actually builds us a new launcher.

Assuming you didnt change anything (and there is a great chance you didnt, since you dont know anything about computers), SWGEmu folder should be on C partition aka C:\SWGEmu, Program Files and Windows folder are there too.

Lolindir
08-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Hit the windows key. On the menu that pop up, pick "computer".
You will get a new window. double click disk C. Doing so, you will see several folders (yellow, with a name after it). Look for one called SWGEmu, double click it (if you can not find it there, double click a folder named program files. This will give a lot of folders, look for SWGEmu there). When in the SWGEmu folder, scroll down to the bottom. You will see a file with the name "swgemu_login.cfg". Right click it. on the menu, pick the first option "open". This should open the file in notepad. If this is not happening, close what ever pops up and right click the file again and pick the option "open with". In the list you get, pick the option notepad.

Your file should look some thing like this:

[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453
loginServerAddress0=core3.swgemu.com
[Station]
subscriptionFeatures=1
gameFeatures=65535

To this

[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453
[Station]
subscriptionFeatures=1
gameFeatures=65535

Close the program. When you do, you are asked if you wish to save the change, do so.
When you have closed your notepad you will be back to look at the file. Just above it, you will see a file named SWGEmu.exe (you might not see the .exe, but the file will have a symbol to the left with the SWG logo). Right click that file and pick the option "send to". You get a new menu, pick the option desktop. You have now made a shortcut to the file, so that you can start the game from your desktop and not from the SWGEmu folder.

Valkyra
08-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Thats just it, things will not get sorted out, unless Karl actually builds us a new launcher.

Is there any available info on his project? Last I knew he was going to release a beta build for testing, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it in awhile.

Vlada
08-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Is there any available info on his project? Last I knew he was going to release a beta build for testing, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about it in awhile.

Well, he did say he will have it finished by Sep 1st, but if i was you, i would try emailing or messaging him on FB.

chayn
08-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Hit the windows key. On the menu that pop up, pick "computer".
You will get a new window. double click disk C. Doing so, you will see several folders (yellow, with a name after it). Look for one called SWGEmu, double click it (if you can not find it there, double click a folder named program files. This will give a lot of folders, look for SWGEmu there). When in the SWGEmu folder, scroll down to the bottom. You will see a file with the name "swgemu_login.cfg". Right click it. on the menu, pick the first option "open". This should open the file in notepad. If this is not happening, close what ever pops up and right click the file again and pick the option "open with". In the list you get, pick the option notepad.

Your file should look some thing like this:

[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453
loginServerAddress0=core3.swgemu.com
[Station]
subscriptionFeatures=1
gameFeatures=65535

To this

[ClientGame]
loginServerPort0=44453
[Station]
subscriptionFeatures=1
gameFeatures=65535

Close the program. When you do, you are asked if you wish to save the change, do so.
When you have closed your notepad you will be back to look at the file. Just above it, you will see a file named SWGEmu.exe (you might not see the .exe, but the file will have a symbol to the left with the SWG logo). Right click that file and pick the option "send to". You get a new menu, pick the option desktop. You have now made a shortcut to the file, so that you can start the game from your desktop and not from the SWGEmu folder.

You guys are so flippin cool... :) next time my computer guru buddy stops by i'll have him do it for me ( tomorrow... 3 months from now) dont matter... I'm very happy being off the grid , so to speak. Can't hardly open an email... dont own a cell phone (me or the wife)... never been on facebook or twitter... I mean, we're not stone-age by any means but when you guys start telling me I gotta start changing "EXE" files and stuff then i'll just wait till 1.0...... my wife and I love and appreciate all you and the team do, but if it's more involved than typing in a name and password and rocking... then we'll see ya at 1.0....

/Chayn and Mamatank bow deeply showing great respect.. :)

Vlada
08-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Or i could just upload the correct swgemu_login.cfg file somewhere and you just have to click on a link and direct it to C:\SWGEmu folder.