PDA

View Full Version : PVP League Sign-ups and Rule Book: Join, Win, Get payed to play, Have Fun!

DJK FARMS
06-16-2013, 10:44 PM
"SWGEMU Basilisk PVP League" (SBPL)

League Sign up Rules:

1. Team must consist of at least 5 players. There is no Team Member limit rule. ( You may have an unlimited number of players on your roster, yet there may only be 5 players on the field of play.)

2. Your Team must have a name.

3. Must have a team Roster. Roster must be made public using this thread. "Example Below"
The Name of your Team. Example: (New York Yankees)
A. Team Manager/Coach
B. Team Captain
C. Team Assistant Captian
D. Team Owner/Sponsor
E. Player Roster: Must have in-game name. Roster must be updated with 24 hours before start of Match.

4. Seasonal Entry Fee(SEF): Each Team must provide 1,000,000 in-game credits on or before Saturday July 13th at 1700/5:00pm EST. Tournament fee is included in the SEF.
A. Field Maintance, Officials pay/Score Keeper pay are included.
B. 70% of total SEFs collected will go to the End of Season Tournament Winning team.
C. PRIZE MONEY!!!!! Our sponsors have donated the credits! You can win it! The pot is up to 2,000,000 to the winner and 1,000,000 to second place!

5. Your team must be signed up by: Saturday July 13th at 1700/5:00pm EST
A. This is the End of Sign-ups. The start of the Regular Season is TBA. It will be after all data is collected. ext.

Regular Season Rules / End of Season Tournament Rules / Match Rules:

1. Each team will fight 3 matches during the regular season. The teams for each match are selected at random by the League president and Chief Official.

2. End of season tournament seeding will be based on your seasonal record.:

3. Each team must be at the assigned match location and a maximum of 5 members from each team in one of the two "Waring guilds"...In the City of Imperial Outpost on Planet Tatooine. DJK ALPHA TEAM: or DJK BRAVO TEAM: . No later than 30 mins before match Clock starts or offending team forfeits the match. (This provides time for Officials to be placed in groups, your team to be placed in the proper guild, your team to be placed on the entry list to the 3 team controlled houses, and for you to buff and prepare.)

4. Scoring: There are two things you can do to score points for your team.:
A. DB "Death Blow" Deliver a Death Blow/corpsing a member of opposing team. (5 Points) "An incidental Death Blow after a player has removed themselves from the guild DOES NOT count as a Death Blow.The officials will rule it a PO.
B. PO "Peace Out" Cause a member of the opposing team to remove themselves from the guild. "Saving thier team from loosing 2 extra points/Saving buffs ext. ext." /guildr (3Points)

5. Match Time limit is 30 mins. After time is called by the Chief Official. The Match is over and the team with the highest score wins.
A. During regular season a tie score will go down as a draw.
B. End of Season Tournament is Sudden Death overtime. First team to score wins.
C. Stalling defined as more 4 or more players hiding in are Team Controled House at one time is not allowed and can result in disqualification from the match. This is an Official Ruling.

6. Each team will have 2 referees in group and there will be 1 Match Chief Official.

7. Match Officials rulings are final. NO INSTANT REPLAY.

8. End of Season Tournament is a Double-elimination tournament. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elimination_tournament

9. A player ruled out of Bounds by an Official will be called "PO" Peaced Out. He or she will immediately /guildr. They will not deal any damage, heal or any other action. If they do they will be ruled DB or if the offense is ruled intentional the offending team will foreit the match.

10. No Janta buffs or Med City buffs. Cap is server best at time of Match. The is no limit on foods, stims, or spice. ect.

More official announcements are to follow. "I.E." More rules or rule changes before start of season. List of name of Officials ect. Official Team list, and team match ups. ect.

League president: DocShifty (Rule making and adjustments, Promotion, Treasurer/Money handling, Team rules enforcement)
Chief Official & Lead Commentator: Rischie (Overall rule enforcement and Referee mediation)
Field Official: Ubernoob (Arena official making on the fly calls for POs, DBs, Out of bounds, ect.)
ALPHA/BRAVO Team Referee: ????? Insert Volunteer Name (The eyes and ears of the Field Official)
ALPHA/BRAVO Team Referee: ????? Insert Volunteer Name (The eyes and ears of the Field Official)

Sponsors: DJK FARMS, Butthurt Industries, Dev

DJK FARMS
06-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Really hope we get a response out of this. I am needing some fun.

Mahi
06-16-2013, 11:26 PM
If a good amount of people sign up I could try and throw a team together

Rekall
06-16-2013, 11:27 PM
why limit doc buffs but not food, stims, spice, armor, weapons, templates, etc?

just seems odd to single out one TINY variable when everything else above makes a huge difference. either regulate it all or regulate nothing....

edit: there's also no way of knowing whether or not someone is using janta buffs unless you buff everyone yourself. one could argue they have their stat migration setup for max HAM instead of willpower/focus and other stats for example so their primary stats are far greater than the secondary ones. (stupid, but it makes your pointless rule even more pointless lol)

Livy2K
06-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Someone train the gronda in coronet and run beastcleave (yes wow reference - this is arena afterall)

Good idea, hope it gains traction. If 5v5 proves to be to much for people to find teams for 2v2/3v3 is always a good alternative.

kingetter
06-17-2013, 12:07 AM
This is a great plan! Dirty has something like this already in the works, with a tweaked ruleset. Good luck to ya'll though.

It'll be tough to pull off, but well worth the effort if well managed/participated.

Good luck!

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 12:37 AM
why limit doc buffs but not food, stims, spice, armor, weapons, templates, etc?

just seems odd to single out one TINY variable when everything else above makes a huge difference. either regulate it all or regulate nothing....

edit: there's also no way of knowing whether or not someone is using janta buffs unless you buff everyone yourself. one could argue they have their stat migration setup for max HAM instead of willpower/focus and other stats for example so their primary stats are far greater than the secondary ones. (stupid, but it makes your pointless rule even more pointless lol)

Foods, stims, Spice, stat migration Ext. are Under the timing/strategy category of buffs. As of right now 2196 buff is what everyone will get before entering the Arena. Your group refs will make sure you are unbuffed before you enter the group. There will be two referees in each group btw. Once you are in the Arena you may do with your HAM as you wish. Needless to say outside heals from spectators will cost you the match. We will be asking for CSR assistance as well.

I.E. We cant control your Stat Mig. We can't control foods/stims/spice. TBH if you do these wrong you will lose fast anyways. Your Doctor buffs we can control. It is the only thing we are keeping even.

Rekall
06-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Foods, stims, Spice, stat migration Ext. are Under the timing/strategy category of buffs. As of right now 2196 buff is what everyone will get before entering the Arena. Your group refs will make sure you are unbuffed before you enter the group. There will be two referees in each group btw. Once you are in the Arena you may do with your HAM as you wish. Needless to say outside heals from spectators will cost you the match. We will be asking for CSR assistance as well.

fair enough, you should add this into the OP to avoid confusion though. none of what you just said was stated previously other than the referee stuff :)

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 12:42 AM
fair enough, you should add this into the OP to avoid confusion though. none of what you just said was stated previously other than the referee stuff :)

It will be added.

evoli
06-17-2013, 12:51 AM
This is incredible. I work full time in a weird industry called "eSports," and after the duel hubbub I was thinking something like this was just what the doctor ordered.

I really hope this takes off.

uh60rider
06-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Very nice!!! I like it!!

camigwen
06-17-2013, 02:14 AM
This looks like it could work

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 02:14 AM
Find someone rich to sponsor you a team maybe you can pay the good PVPers to play for you. There is no rule against that at all.

josterman
06-17-2013, 02:38 AM
I like this idea, hope it takes off

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Time rules updated

Mahi
06-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Find someone rich to sponsor you a team maybe you can pay the good PVPers to play for you. There is no rule against that at all.

I will work for ridiculous amounts of credits

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 04:07 AM
I will work for ridiculous amounts of credits

I think after the first season. Some cool stuff might work themselves out. Lets just hope we get about six teams or more.

Rischie
06-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Live stream tournament with commercials of peoples vendors with commentary by wodda? I think soooo

Pegaso platoon
06-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Its funny how many people say they like the idea, yet not 1 team has entered. Basilisk, love it

Props to OP for trying to get things rolling, good luck!

talanchurch
06-17-2013, 09:01 AM
Its funny how many people say they like the idea, yet not 1 team has entered. Basilisk, love it

Props to OP for trying to get things rolling, good luck!
Funny how the post has been up for one day...

josterman
06-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Funny how the post has been up for one day...

Not even, maybe 12 hours at that.

tsubasa
06-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Have fun kids, ill be there in spirit

voltenn
06-17-2013, 12:30 PM
no thank you

roodypooh
06-17-2013, 01:12 PM
Funny how the post has been up for one day...If this was any of the previous versions of the game/code there would have been plenty of peeps/guilds signing up on the first day. <NINE> <ONYX> <C> <STORM> <SWAG> and plenty more would have thrown they're hats in right off the bat......though sadly the pvp around these bas parts aren't all they are cracked up to be coding wise. Don't get me wrong its a great idea and a pretty decent format....but the idea of 5-10 teams of 20 rifleman is really lul if ya get my drift.

Now if the op would had a rule where you are limited to so many of a certain class it might be more interesting on this pvp dead server seeing as though you are required to have other professions besides rifle/cm....though with the state of coding atm being so unbalanced ya still won't get much if anything besides the 2012-2013s you guys got playin now that are starving for some form up pvp.

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Remember you do not have to be on a team with your guild. You could have 5 people from 5 different guilds start a team. Maybe we should have a draft? I could write rules for it.

sandee
06-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Don't get me wrong its a great idea and a pretty decent format....but the idea of 5-10 teams of 20 rifleman is really lul if ya get my drift.

Maybe down the road the format can be tailored for more structured combat roles, even if it's just for the sake of having fun. Can limit combat professions to 1 rifleman, 1 disease/poisoner, 1 curer (3(4)000doc)... or maybe have 3 mandatory combat professions such as Master Pistols, Master Pikeman, and my all time favorite Master Commando (after pub 3 of course)!

Just tossin out an idea to help curb the flavor

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 02:29 PM
DJK FARMS parent company Butthurt Industries has offered an additional 1 mil to the winner.

uh60rider
06-17-2013, 05:09 PM
DJK FARMS parent company Butthurt Industries has offered an additional 1 mil to the winner.

The pot is getting bigger...more $$$ means more interest...I'll dig into my WS's account and see how much I can spare. I love this idea and would like to support it if I can.

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
More support means more weapon/armor/food ect sales. We will have a LIVE STREAM CHANNEL. So Contact Rischie to get you TV Ads ready.

Rischie
06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
During the live stream we will have video commercials from any vendors that would like to buy one as well as air time! So promote your pvp league today by purchases one of Rischie's awesome commercials

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 06:18 PM
DJK FARMS parent company Butthurt Industries has offered an additional 1 mil to the winner and now we have decided to offer another 1 mil to Second place. This way if you make it to the finals you will get something out of it.

okon
06-17-2013, 06:53 PM
If this was any of the previous versions of the game/code there would have been plenty of peeps/guilds signing up on the first day. <NINE> <ONYX> <C> <STORM> <SWAG> and plenty more would have thrown they're hats in right off the bat......though sadly the pvp around these bas parts aren't all they are cracked up to be coding wise. Don't get me wrong its a great idea and a pretty decent format....but the idea of 5-10 teams of 20 rifleman is really lul if ya get my drift.

Now if the op would had a rule where you are limited to so many of a certain class it might be more interesting on this pvp dead server seeing as though you are required to have other professions besides rifle/cm....though with the state of coding atm being so unbalanced ya still won't get much if anything besides the 2012-2013s you guys got playin now that are starving for some form up pvp.

Honestly so sick of seeing ppl who dont play at all being uber negative on the forums...no one wants to hear ur Sh!t 08' gtfo

Great idea OP ill definitely be participating

uh60rider
06-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Honestly so sick of seeing ppl who dont play at all being uber negative on the forums...no one wants to hear ur Sh!t 08' gtfo

/agree
/hi5

TheOneWag
06-17-2013, 07:05 PM
In to help facilitate - will sell crates of Muon / Pixie / etc to whoever on the spot.

Just let me know when and where!

uh60rider
06-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Will the matches be held "on location" throughout the galaxy or will all matches be held at the alpha/bravo guild halls on Lok?

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Will the matches be held "on location" throughout the galaxy or will all matches be held at the alpha/bravo guild halls on Lok?

First Season will be held on location, but we hope teams will build new arenas for the next season. Now an Official from the league will have to inspect the arena before it is accepted.

Rischie
06-17-2013, 08:24 PM
In need of entertainers for cheerleaders!

ellerkidd
06-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Awesome idea, wish i was good at pvp in this game... but i find it not as fun as wow..

DJK FARMS
06-17-2013, 09:26 PM
So sponsor a Team then. That is a great way to be involved and not pvp. :)

Rischie
06-17-2013, 10:35 PM
If you are a crafter you can rent a tent in the arena to sell you wares at the game, sponsor a team, or rent add space.

josterman
06-17-2013, 11:55 PM
If you are a crafter you can rent a tent in the arena to sell you wares at the game, sponsor a team, or rent add space.

Yeah this guy knows whats up

/hi5

DJK FARMS
06-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Positions are still open. If you would like to be involved let me know.

Morah
06-18-2013, 09:06 PM
As someone that has successfully done things like this, I would say you might be best off doing 3v3. It's much easier for casuals to find two friends. Also, limit professions. Variety will make it more interesting. Give people a reason to dust off characters they like but aren't fotm rifle cm

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
The Arena will be open to the public for practice starting tonight. All building will be made public until the first match.

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 01:57 AM
As someone that has successfully done things like this, I would say you might be best off doing 3v3. It's much easier for casuals to find two friends. Also, limit professions. Variety will make it more interesting. Give people a reason to dust off characters they like but aren't fotm rifle cm

The League ruling body has decided that no limitations shall be placed on a team make-up. The groups will evolve on their own as the game progresses.

That being said you have to look at it like a football match.

Morah
06-19-2013, 02:38 AM
The League ruling body has decided that no limitations shall be placed on a team make-up. The groups will evolve on their own as the game progresses.

That being said you have to look at it like a football match.

Football teams have a bunch of different players. You are going to end up with 3 rifle cm 2 rifle doc teams. Best rifles win. Best of luck, but might end up rather boring. Not trying to be negative, just trying to give advice.

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 03:11 AM
Football teams have a bunch of different players. You are going to end up with 3 rifle cm 2 rifle doc teams. Best rifles win. Best of luck, but might end up rather boring. Not trying to be negative, just trying to give advice.

I know your not. I talked to them about it and we all agreed. The Arena gives more than enough LOS to make melee useable.

Rischie
06-19-2013, 03:58 AM
Part of the stagey is making up your team.

roodypooh
06-19-2013, 05:32 AM

Great idea OP ill definitely be participatingyour foaming tears warm my belly.

Seanimus
06-19-2013, 05:35 AM
Though I like the idea, this seems very premature to me. Where are all these teams going to come from? The imp side can hardly muster 5-10 people to fight us on a regular basis. I predict epic failure to be honest, hoping for the best though!

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 07:17 AM
Though I like the idea, this seems very premature to me. Where are all these teams going to come from? The imp side can hardly muster 5-10 people to fight us on a regular basis. I predict epic failure to be honest, hoping for the best though!

How about instead of being negative you put a team together pay the entry fee and post up a roster. "IF" we don't get enough teams. We will refund the money 100%. People have to remember this is like a pro Soccer league. Build a team, build a fan base and drive on.

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 08:21 AM
EVEN if only one team signs up. They will declared Champions of the SBPL given the prize money and be paraded as the best PVPers on the server period. Until the next Season.

gapster
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
this **** is Sick!!!!

Rischie
06-19-2013, 08:53 AM

Also this isnt just imp vs reb. Cross faction is allowed, its whatever team you want to make.

kingetter
06-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Arwyn Zax is in. A team will be formed. Team details pending.

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 09:01 AM
This is the big show.

TheOneWag
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm expecting this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

But will probably end up being this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc4Ezmn95E

DJK FARMS
06-19-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm expecting this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

But will probably end up being this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc4Ezmn95E

I hope so. LOLOLOL

amberedwards
06-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Now moved to Events:)

okon
06-19-2013, 05:46 PM

Its not like they cant plan another event like this in the future, i see what u mean lol but why not give this a go anyway, gives them a chance to iron out some things and then hopefully they can do this again.

your foaming tears warm my belly.

cant think of anything to say?

Never pvped with u but i heard u suck anyway :/

gapster
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Now moved to Events:)pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, move THIS.......

amberedwards
06-19-2013, 07:54 PM
It is a good idea but I see some of the points being made. OFC you are going to end up with a lot of rifleman cm teams that is pretty much always going to happen with any type of PVP. So this is basically going to be just a dueling competition with teams?

Morah
06-19-2013, 09:17 PM
It is a good idea but I see some of the points being made. OFC you are going to end up with a lot of rifleman cm teams that is pretty much always going to happen with any type of PVP. So this is basically going to be just a dueling competition with teams?

Maybe ask the potential competitors if they want profession restrictions?

gapster
06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
It is a good idea but I see some of the points being made. OFC you are going to end up with a lot of rifleman cm teams that is pretty much always going to happen with any type of PVP. So this is basically going to be just a dueling competition with teams?shhhhhhhhhhh, you know nothing about Player vs. Player!

DJK FARMS
06-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Rules stand as they are. Team build is up to the TEAM. Not the League. I really do not think an All Rifle CM team would win TBH

forehead..........

houseofstark
06-20-2013, 12:52 AM

also what we like to call "Das PvP".

ubernoobOWNZ
06-20-2013, 01:19 AM
So this is basically going to be just a dueling competition with teams? very astute observation, whens the last time a PVP(Player vs Player) LEAGUE(Group of teams) was considered something else?

TheOneWag
06-20-2013, 02:16 PM

I don't think there's a class in the game that helps target calling, focus fire, group movement, positioning, coordination, etc... (no, Squad Leader does not buff the person sitting behind the keyboard)

Even if the teams were all cookie cutter identical, I think it would still be interesting for the simple fact that it would still largely come down to who executes better.

If the arena is like they say and there will be enough room for melee get grab LOS, throwing one fencer stacker in with a murderous baton would seriously alter the strategy of a pure ranged team.

DJK FARMS
06-20-2013, 07:04 PM
I don't think there's a class in the game that helps target calling, focus fire, group movement, positioning, coordination, etc... (no, Squad Leader does not buff the person sitting behind the keyboard)

Even if the teams were all cookie cutter identical, I think it would still be interesting for the simple fact that it would still largely come down to who executes better.

If the arena is like they say and there will be enough room for melee get grab LOS, throwing one fencer stacker in with a murderous baton would seriously alter the strategy of a pure ranged team.

We tested it and YES it does.

Morah
06-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Think you could post a map of the arena?

DJK FARMS
06-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Think you could post a map of the arena?

Location may be changing soon. We have to move our City. We are on a random pile of trash that is a "No Build Zone" no POI just a pile of trash. So we may have to push things back a little. No big deal though.

amberedwards
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Location may be changing soon. We have to move our City. We are on a random pile of trash that is a "No Build Zone" no POI just a pile of trash. So we may have to push things back a little. No big deal though.
The mayor was already told that the city hall does NOT have to be moved, just a few of the structures placed all around the random pile of trash.

ubernoobOWNZ
06-22-2013, 03:15 AM
The mayor was already told that the city hall does NOT have to be moved, just a few of the structures placed all around the random pile of trash.now we can stay where we are, and move at the same time!!! things couldn't be better!!!

shadowpoet
06-22-2013, 11:48 PM
where will this be held now that your looking for a new home?

DJK FARMS
06-23-2013, 03:26 AM
We will move the arena to the new city.

DJK FARMS
06-25-2013, 06:02 AM
We are now in a new City and the Arena has been moved. It is now located in Imperial Outpost on the planet Tatooine directly behind the shuttleport

DJK FARMS
06-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Deadline date will change soon. We are discussing move dates to after Publish 3.

DJK FARMS
07-05-2013, 03:43 AM
At this time due to the overwhelming responses on team sign-ups. The League is being put on hold until further notice.

(Basilisk is Officially a PVE server now.)

Livy2K
07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
5s is hard to find people for AND getting thread moved to events instead of general basilisk forum really hurt thread traffic.

shadowpoet
07-06-2013, 12:52 AM
I think it's a horrible idea go play wow

talanchurch
07-06-2013, 07:25 AM
easy to condemn a bad event when it fails to launch.... Late to the party

Morah
07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
5s is hard to find people for AND getting thread moved to events instead of general basilisk forum really hurt thread traffic.

He completely ignored advice, so it is what it is.

vlock
07-06-2013, 09:38 PM
stopped pvping (and even stopped playing game) when i was pvping and realized that 99% of the enemy was rifleman.

idea looked good, but a lot of things that are wrong with the state of the game is probably the reason.

DJK FARMS
07-08-2013, 11:01 AM
We will see if it is just the publish. Give it some time.

DJK FARMS
07-08-2013, 11:03 AM

Every time he posts just remind him of this.
http://vampirefreaks.com/ShadowPoet

elcubano
07-09-2013, 08:37 PM
who names their character shadowpoet.... lmao

Rickster91
07-20-2013, 06:36 AM
Hey chaps, I've just finished doing my pvp skill tree and was wondering if you guys are still doing this event? I'll be looking for a team to get with and and also I was wondering if any PvP happens on Basilisk without doing events such as this? I've been Rebel overt now for days to find no one to fight, this saddens me :(

Livy2K
07-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Event was cancelled due to apathy I believe.

Rickster91
07-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Does any pvp happen on the server??

ubernoobOWNZ
07-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Does any pvp happen on the server??lol does pvp happen on this server...

Rickster91
07-21-2013, 11:24 AM
lol does pvp happen on this server...

You could of given a simple yes or no but I found out anyway! Thanks dude.

Annazz
07-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Is this gonna happen?