PDA

View Full Version : Preparations for Publish 3

Lolindir
06-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Preparations for Publish 3

06/11/2013
The SWGEmu Staff

We all knew the time would come. Liking the changes that needs to be done, is a different story. Everyone wanted an announcement about Publish 3. Well, I have the first to hand out.

NBZ (No Build Zone) & POI are the zones that will not be allowed to have any structures built on them. Anyone that has a structure at ANY of these locations needs to have them redeeded and moved immediately. Here is what will happen if they remain when Publish 3 merges with Basilisk:

Any structure left will be destroyed.
Any structure destroyed will not have a deed to claim.
Any items inside the structure will be destroyed.

There will be no notice given by a staff member when the structure is destroyed. You have been given the opportunity to remove it and it is your choice if it remains and action is taken. Here is our NBZ list with exact coordinates, radius and names pulled directly from the code (Thank you Ivojedi): No Build Zones
(https://docs.google.com/a/swgemu.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlkFnU4fCLQVdDhVYkhGdEIyc1JoNXlVUEFVR05TV FE#gid=0)

A lot of NBZs were missing on tatooine so they were added last night via http://76.73.75.106:8080/#/c/302/. Be sure to double check quickly as time is running out. Basically if you are near something you aren't supposed to be, and it wasn't listed, then report it here (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=4032) and we'll get it fixed.

Since this thread has made it quite a few pages I will post my info again. If anyone has any questions about their cities or the structures in them please send me your information. You can email me or forum pm me. I will come look at your city and tell you what has to be moved. I have a list already going of cities I have checked so when the merge comes I know they are safe. That does not mean that I will not check them again to be sure nothing has been placed where I have told them not to. Here is my contact information and what information I will need you to give me.

niffer@swgemu.com

I need:
Your account name: (in case I need to contact you)
What times you will be playing:
What the waypoint is to the city or structure you want checked:
What planet it is on:

~ The SWGEmu Staff

TheOneWag
06-11-2013, 05:07 PM
Guessing those shops and the bar in the middle of the Krayt GY are going bye bye!

Cherish
06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Whats the no build zone radius around these structures. I know of several cities that have built around some of more unique sculptures and garden features.

Valkyra
06-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Whats the no build zone radius around these structures. I know of several cities that have built around some of more unique sculptures and garden features.

You can find the waypoints in Lolindir's link, I'm fairly sure the radii for each waypoint is different.

Bwill
06-11-2013, 05:33 PM
this is great news.

Lolindir
06-11-2013, 05:34 PM
One step closer ;)

Niffer1976
06-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Valkyra is correct the radius for each is placed in the link that I have had Lolindir post for you. Some there is no radius needed as they can not be built on anyway. So be sure you check them if you have structures of any kind around or near any of the zones.

Cherish
06-11-2013, 05:44 PM
The Poi's have a radius zone listed, but the small NBZ checklist does not. I'm checking all my guilds RP houses and one is next to a fountain on the list.....

Bwill
06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
its great news- in the fact that it puts an extremely vague window on the pub.But its a window -at least..
The last time there was a vague time frame given to players regarding structure corrections (containers issue).. the following
changes were not that far behind..

Its official notice.. and thats always good news to players..
cheers for progress

Bertlast
06-11-2013, 05:58 PM
The Poi's have a radius zone listed, but the small NBZ checklist does not. I'm checking all my guilds RP houses and one is next to a fountain on the list.....

Most of them are in the 30-50 range. If you give me a wp in pm, I can tell you the radius.

iluvnug
06-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Awesome! Bring on the publish!

ashur
06-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Will publish 3 bring wipe of the current basilisk server?

Vlada
06-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Awesome! Bring on the publish!

We are still not there just yet, but we want to give people time to pick up their stuff before we do it for them.

You be trollin?

Lolindir
06-11-2013, 07:05 PM

If that where the case, there would not be a need for me to post this announcement....

laidbacca
06-11-2013, 07:16 PM
So roughly how long do we have to get anything moved? ;)

Bwill
06-11-2013, 07:18 PM
do it now... .. to be safest

laidbacca
06-11-2013, 07:30 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgjBDOFpOsM5dG91OFFBdDhqVmkwUlVzak5ZSzdoR lE#gid=0 Item number 294, is this an extension to Basilisks NPC city no build areas?

Naik0i
06-11-2013, 08:03 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgjBDOFpOsM5dG91OFFBdDhqVmkwUlVzak5ZSzdoR lE#gid=0 Item number 294, is this an extension to Basilisks NPC city no build areas?

That was just an addition of different shapes that we could make no builds in, rectangle, circle, squared, etc..

dauko
06-11-2013, 09:04 PM
Amazing! Huge change list, can't wait to see all those changes pushed to live server. Thanks for your time and dedication!

tangofortwo
06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
So roughly how long do we have to get anything moved? ;)

^^ This, really important we get an answer LOL

Niffer1976
06-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Get things moved immediately. It says so in the post.

DrTachyon1975
06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Very exciting news! I cant wait until I have to start over actually. I'm weird like that I suppose.

Lolindir
06-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Start over? We have no server wipe planned.

DrTachyon1975
06-11-2013, 09:49 PM
But starting over in the future. I.e. The Everything's Eventual Server. yanno!?

tangofortwo
06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Get things moved immediately. It says so in the post.
I understand that, however time frames can be off with this project. So is immediate=12hours? or more like 48hours? I would hope some time would be given to take such preparations and moving cities.

Niffer1976
06-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Immediately means now. We are just giving players a heads up and suggest you start as soon as possible. As Vlada said we are not there yet but we would like to have things ready when Publish 3 gets merged with Basilisk. The quicker you get your structures moved the less you have to worry about when it does come. Can I give you a time limit...No I can not cause once again we are not there yet. I want everyone to have a heads up and see that when things happen that we will be enforcing the zones and any structure left there will be taken down.

Vlada
06-11-2013, 11:52 PM
I understand that, however time frames can be off with this project. So is immediate=12hours? or more like 48hours? I would hope some time would be given to take such preparations and moving cities.

See posting something like that would be giving an ETA on Pub3 merge and that's not going to happen.

You will probably have a few days after Pub3 to remove your stuff before CSR's start cleaning no-build zones.

krush
06-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Ok, so if there is no number listed in the 'protected radius' field then what does that mean? That there is no radius to worry about? Or is there a default radius and the numbers there are exceptions? If so, what's the default radius?

I also assume the numbers are in meters (ie 50 means 50m).

Thanks! (btw, great work so far Devs!!)

Kalypzo
06-12-2013, 03:47 AM
I did have an odd question related to the development of the game.
As a crafter I find that 2 of the profession trees I would like to follow are going to be useless for me.
Starship Engineer, and Droid Engineer. Starship I can understand as JTL is not a part of the game as of yet....btw (ETA?)
but why the droid?, apparently pets have not been implemented as far as I have heard so Droid Engineer is a dead end as well.

Oh and my roommate (who also plays) would like to know what happened to the mob loot as there is none.

Sorry for the ranting (of sorts) I have loved this game since the first day I played, and would love to see it hit the same level of EPICness.

Cheers Devs

andyfairall
06-12-2013, 04:07 AM
Pet, and by extension droid, AI is not working as of yet so CH and DE are not fully implemented. And if by mob loot you mean getting good stuff from things you kill, I dont believe that at Pub 14.1 you went around killing things to get uber stuff. Visit your local crafter for the best gear.

Lolindir
06-12-2013, 05:26 AM
As a crafter I find that 2 of the profession trees I would like to follow are going to be useless for me.
Starship Engineer, and Droid Engineer. Starship I can understand as JTL is not a part of the game as of yet....btw (ETA?)
but why the droid?, apparently pets have not been implemented as far as I have heard so Droid Engineer is a dead end as well.

Oh and my roommate (who also plays) would like to know what happened to the mob loot as there is none.

Sorry for the ranting (of sorts) I have loved this game since the first day I played, and would love to see it hit the same level of EPICness.

Cheers Devs

Pet, and by extension droid, AI is not working as of yet so CH and DE are not fully implemented. And if by mob loot you mean getting good stuff from things you kill, I dont believe that at Pub 14.1 you went around killing things to get uber stuff. Visit your local crafter for the best gear.
This .

Kalypzo
06-12-2013, 07:33 AM
not epic loots but the junk and such that used to drop off mobs you could sell for extra credits
occasionally even some weapons and armor (non-epic)

ashur
06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
You be trollin?

lol not exactly.

If that where the case, there would not be a need for me to post this announcement....

ah i misread the OP, i thought you where first releasing a zone patch to prepare for publish 3, then when publish 3 hits, do a sexy wipe.

Vlada
06-12-2013, 08:21 AM
New no build zone list posted, it has all the necessary details.

KrazyTrumpeter05
06-12-2013, 08:57 AM

If this is all the changes/fixes for Pub 3...wow this is really great stuff. I'm pretty excited by that.

Rumpels
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
If this is all the changes/fixes for Pub 3...wow this is really great stuff.

SWGEmu Team are awesomesauce....nuff said.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-12-2013, 10:40 AM
What about the imperial oasis? (which is still full of buildings)

Vlada
06-12-2013, 11:03 AM
What about the imperial oasis? (which is still full of buildings)

Is it on the list?

Livy2K
06-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Guessing those shops and the bar in the middle of the Krayt GY are going bye bye!

Having viewed the list the krayt graveyard's datapad POI is like 500m from where all the structures are atm and I don't see the area behind the POI it in the NBZ list.

My bar might be safe :(

Bertlast
06-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Having viewed the list the krayt graveyard's datapad POI is like 500m from where all the structures are atm and I don't see the area behind the POI it in the NBZ list.

My bar might be safe :(

There are two 500m radius in the graveyard. One at 7508, 4535 and the other at 6717, 4290.

laidbacca
06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Curious as to some of the radius distances that are being applied, 200m at Fort tusken? is that in addition to the 150m thereby giving a 350m radius? Also the wrecked base (-800 -4450) outside Bestine is only having a 100m radius applied which seems to be a lot shorter than it ever was on live.

Livy2K
06-12-2013, 05:59 PM
There are two 500m radius in the graveyard. One at 7508, 4535 and the other at 6717, 4290.

Ty must have been reading the table wrong.

TweaKiNG
06-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Awesome news! Thanks for the updates :D

quigs
06-13-2013, 12:36 PM
The city of Spirit Bay on Naboo's town hall is within the 30m radius of a gungan shield generator artifact (which is on the list, with a 30m radius)...

Can a city hall be moved or is the town doomed?

Vlada
06-13-2013, 12:42 PM
The city of Spirit Bay on Naboo's town hall is within the 30m radius of a gungan shield generator artifact (which is on the list, with a 30m radius)...

Can a city hall be moved or is the town doomed?

City halls that are on the border of no build zones will probably remain where they are because i dont think there is a way to move them without disbanding a city. Of course any buildings around it that are in the NB will be removed.

kazryna9
06-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Thankyou for your hard work, Devs ....

I am very pleased that this issue is nearing its end, and that all of the POIs and other wonderful sites can again be enjoyed by everyone

Seriella
06-13-2013, 03:06 PM
City halls that are on the border of no build zones will probably remain where they are because i dont think there is a way to move them without disbanding a city. Of course any buildings around it that are in the NB will be removed.

Well this is good news but I would appreciate further clarification because it scares me so much. At Naboo: -1339, 6531, the Gungan Shield Generator is directly on our city hall steps. We have a metropolis. So, the city hall will stay? Its not exactly 'on the border'. Its more like.. underneath it. I checked the radius of 30m and depending on the measuring point of the shield generator, we might have only 1 building in danger (a bank, easily moved, just to the west of it). So... perhaps my heart can come up from the pit of my stomach now.

But I just want to be sure!

Bijou

kazryna09
06-13-2013, 03:08 PM
I apologize if this was hashed out in the development discussion or any other forum area, but wouldn't it be appropriate to at least have put in an email notification of buildings through the building maintenance function of buildings that were in no build areas. Copies could have been sent to members of staff assigned to clean up buildings as well. Although it would be better to have it set up a nice database that could simply be used to programmatically use the destroy structure functionality. This method allows an owner to know whether their structure is actually in the nobuild area. It allows staff to ensure that the nobuild code actually will catch all the buildings they want it to catch as well.

Granted that the testing on nova would catch a large amount of possible errors, this would set up a link in the development process that would give a couple of nice features:

1) It gives a player concrete knowledge of whether a building is going to go up in smoke. This also means that the player has no ability to complain after the fact because he thought he was just outside the zone. (also known as less grief for the CSR staff)

2) It allows for a prelist of structures should anyone on development want to test out exactly what the code is doing. It would then be output of the nobuild code using the entire database of homes currently on basilisk. Ideally, this code would have been tested using Nova's database of homes as well before all the structures were removed there. This leads to finding flaws where a building outside a nobuild zone is actually listed as inside. This leads to less unintentional destruction if the process is done programmatically. (also known as less grief for the CSR staff and more guarantee of correctness in the program)

3) It allows for this to be done programmatically. There seemed to be some implications that the staff will be cleaning it up. It would allow for staff members to be doing something else while the system is being cleaned up.

I know this is coming in very late into the development cycle, but even if it were not considered here, it could possibly be considered in another project of this nature should there be one. I hope that you are not offended by the suggestion, and for those who do not like my writing style, I hope it was not quite the wall of text I normally write. Thank you for the updates. The buildings in the temple on Naboo are pretty disgusting looking and there are a large number of other poi's that got polluted by player homes.

Vlada
06-13-2013, 03:34 PM
I apologize if this was hashed out in the development discussion or any other forum area, but wouldn't it be appropriate to at least have put in an email notification of buildings through the building maintenance function of buildings that were in no build areas. Copies could have been sent to members of staff assigned to clean up buildings as well. Although it would be better to have it set up a nice database that could simply be used to programmatically use the destroy structure functionality. This method allows an owner to know whether their structure is actually in the nobuild area. It allows staff to ensure that the nobuild code actually will catch all the buildings they want it to catch as well.

Granted that the testing on nova would catch a large amount of possible errors, this would set up a link in the development process that would give a couple of nice features:

1) It gives a player concrete knowledge of whether a building is going to go up in smoke. This also means that the player has no ability to complain after the fact because he thought he was just outside the zone. (also known as less grief for the CSR staff)

2) It allows for a prelist of structures should anyone on development want to test out exactly what the code is doing. It would then be output of the nobuild code using the entire database of homes currently on basilisk. Ideally, this code would have been tested using Nova's database of homes as well before all the structures were removed there. This leads to finding flaws where a building outside a nobuild zone is actually listed as inside. This leads to less unintentional destruction if the process is done programmatically. (also known as less grief for the CSR staff and more guarantee of correctness in the program)

3) It allows for this to be done programmatically. There seemed to be some implications that the staff will be cleaning it up. It would allow for staff members to be doing something else while the system is being cleaned up.

I know this is coming in very late into the development cycle, but even if it were not considered here, it could possibly be considered in another project of this nature should there be one. I hope that you are not offended by the suggestion, and for those who do not like my writing style, I hope it was not quite the wall of text I normally write. Thank you for the updates. The buildings in the temple on Naboo are pretty disgusting looking and there are a large number of other poi's that got polluted by player homes.

No build zones were part of SWG, the fact that they were missing is the only reason why players were able to drop structures in those areas. Since we are trying to replicate 14.1 we of course had to add missing no build zones that will prevent dropping of any player structures and removing existing ones that are in those zones.

You have to understand that what you describe means going outside of 14.1 and additional work for Dev and QA team. There is no need to waste time on things that are outside out project goals. We understand that introduction of NBZ and structures removal may be an inconvenience, but those buildings shouldnt have been placed there in the firt place (anyone that played SWG knows that) and that progress will be always more important than gameplay no matter how much inconvenience it causes.

kazryna09
06-13-2013, 03:45 PM
I think you misunderstand. I'm asking for a phase to be placed into the development cycle of moving towards 14.1. I am suggesting that when implementing major development changes in the future that thought be put into guaranteeing that code. This time could be spent as well towards checking the code that has been written to implement the specification of 14.1 beyond that time spent checking on Nova. The mail code could easily be removed once the server is doing the checks correctly. This is similar to an anti-virus program. If the program misses the virus (the player's home in a nobuild zone), then the virus has a potential to do damage to the system. Most anti-virus programs inform the user what it is doing and warns them of potential danger of removing the virus (infection means that their building is in a nobuild zone to begin with and the email is the warning that you are about to destroy the infection). Now, once the code is in place and relatively guaranteed correct, the server does not need this code at all because it will be like the anti-virus scanner and avoiding the infection in the first place.

Vlada
06-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Yeah i still don't think that is necessary. But I'm not a dev so...

Well this is good news but I would appreciate further clarification because it scares me so much. At Naboo: -1339, 6531, the Gungan Shield Generator is directly on our city hall steps. We have a metropolis. So, the city hall will stay? Its not exactly 'on the border'. Its more like.. underneath it. I checked the radius of 30m and depending on the measuring point of the shield generator, we might have only 1 building in danger (a bank, easily moved, just to the west of it). So... perhaps my heart can come up from the pit of my stomach now.

But I just want to be sure!

Bijou

If its blocking access to that POI or if its giving your guild unfair advantage over others it will have to be removed, if not (and please note than im not a CSR, the decision will be theirs) it might not be necessary to remove it, though all other objects will be removed.

quigs
06-14-2013, 03:07 AM
If its blocking access to that POI or if its giving your guild unfair advantage over others it will have to be removed, if not (and please note than im not a CSR, the decision will be theirs) it might not be necessary to remove it, though all other objects will be removed.
So the removal is a manual process? It wont automatically disappear during the merge, someone has to eyeball it and make a yes/no decision?

Lolindir
06-14-2013, 05:26 AM
yes .

Rumpels
06-14-2013, 08:18 AM
As Vlada stated, it was part of SWG, thus it shall be a part of Bas...

I would suggest, if you think you are in breech of a NBZ border....either voice your concern here, (like a previous poster did about their city hall) so a member of the Team can clarify whether you are or not...OR move your house.

Aaron75
06-14-2013, 04:55 PM
The link to the NBZ spreadsheet on Google Drive does not work. Could someone please repost it?

Lolindir
06-14-2013, 05:02 PM
The link to the NBZ spreadsheet on Google Drive does not work. Could someone please repost it?
it works just fine for me. What browser do you use? I normally use Opera, but that open can't open the spreadsheet.

Vlada
06-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Yup, works fine.

Cherish
06-14-2013, 08:15 PM

:( So I checked the house out, it isnt blocking the entance to the walled fountain garden, just on the side of it. Unfortuantly using the poi's waypoint (which isn't centered btw on the actual poi) the front steps are 11ms away, the houses teminal is 31ms. Looks like it will have to be moved a bit. I'd test on Nova but, my toon is bugged.

Starrie
06-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Come on everyone...Really!!!! how hard is this if you played swg and knew all these poi's to find these places you knew from the beginning that there was never structures at these spots and poi's so how hard is it to move your stuff.....i would say you are lucky they are giving you notice to allow you to move your stuff...thank you dev's and staff for all your hard work on this project

RainStar
06-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Come on everyone...Really!!!! how hard is this if you played swg and knew all these poi's to find these places you knew from the beginning that there was never structures at these spots and poi's so how hard is it to move your stuff.....i would say you are lucky they are giving you notice to allow you to move your stuff...thank you dev's and staff for all your hard work on this project

Pretty much this!
Why build there when ya knew it was wrong to do so in the first place?

vuse
06-16-2013, 02:16 AM

Because the cool kids need to be cool. Please tell me that the pub will not be held up to give these cool kids time to move their houses and such that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

pyrodan
06-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Because the cool kids need to be cool. Please tell me that the pub will not be held up to give these cool kids time to move their houses and such that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Agreed lol.

Lolindir
06-16-2013, 08:44 AM
As i understand it, the merge is not ready yet. The removing of buildings is done manually, so that can be done after the merge.

levarris
06-16-2013, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYWdABRQIo

Inb4 someone does this to a staff remember trying to remove their house.

Makeveli
06-16-2013, 07:46 PM
everything will be wiped on them merge right? including characters ect?

Lolindir
06-16-2013, 07:50 PM
everything will be wiped on them merge right? including characters ect?

No. Why would we ask people to move buildings away from no build zones if we where to wipe the server on the merge?
One can never be sure in a development project, but no wipe is planned before we are done with beta.

Izaya
06-16-2013, 08:31 PM
No. Why would we ask people to move buildings away from no build zones if we where to wipe the server on the merge?
To be fair I was wondering the same thing, this emu-project got posted on Reddit gaming and there were rumors going around on 'why even join they're going to wipe servers soon anyways'. Dunno' who said it but it put a lot of potential joiners off.

Vlada
06-16-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm sorry but you thought we are going to wipe Basilisk after Pub3 because some random posted something on Reddit?

We are probably better off without those joiners that were put of by crap they read on Reddit.

Seriously folks, if you believe Reddit over stuff you read here in our official announcements, you probably shouldn't be reading our announcements in the first place, stick to Reddit... or 4chan.

nickwill86
06-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Are the NBZ on Nova? If i try and place the house i have at the same spot and it works, should i consider myself safe?(BTW my houses are at -3513 4894 outside of Theed, im fairly certain they are safe. But would hate to see all my resources blown down by them wolf packs.)

Vlada
06-17-2013, 08:22 AM
They should be, but im not 100% sure. Naik worked on them months ago, so they should have found their way to Nova by now.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Is it on the list?

Im not sure because I don't know what your people call it. Its a relatively large unamed POI south of Fort Tusken

Vlada
06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Check the coordinates then.

perigwyn
06-17-2013, 12:46 PM
I have a feeling that lots of people were not part of a Beta anywhere. You learn to live with the unexpected and do what is needed to help with the completion of a program. If mandatory wipes are in order, then do it, I will still be here, if not, I will still be here. It had been posted many times there is no more scheduled wipes until this is completed. So, when they get this publish in and going, they are going to start work on the next one, and there is not a wipe scheduled for that. No wipe.

Vlada
06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Except Alpha.

Naik0i
06-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Are the NBZ on Nova? If i try and place the house i have at the same spot and it works, should i consider myself safe?(BTW my houses are at -3513 4894 outside of Theed, im fairly certain they are safe. But would hate to see all my resources blown down by them wolf packs.)

Yep they are all coded in and working properly on nova. if you can place your house there where it is on bas then you're fine

Kalshion
06-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Its too bad with this publication you guys can't wipe out all of the condemned*sp* structures :( *they are quite the eye-sore given how some are located in very good areas to build harvesters but can't place them because the NBZ brought about by a condemned city hall orother buildings in the area)

starlightvea
06-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Also certain droids are working such as bounty hunter droids

Cheers Devs

Tedraic
06-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Cherish, The NBZ radius is going to be 500m from what I have read about it. .. :( .. hope that none of your cities are within that 500M radius... If they are. I might suggest moving them to about 10M outside of that range..

Lolindir
06-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Moving a city hall will disband the city i believe.

Mattslatt2010
06-18-2013, 01:02 PM
You have no idea how excited I am for this... Just one question, a friend told me a little while ago you were planning Jump to Lightspeed for July, but I have my doubts on where he got this info.

Is an ETA possible on that (as previously asked).

Lolindir
06-18-2013, 02:03 PM
You have no idea how excited I am for this... Just one question, a friend told me a little while ago you were planning Jump to Lightspeed for July, but I have my doubts on where he got this info.

No ETAs are possible on any thing...

If you see JTL, it will not be while we are in alpha. Closer to the end of beta would be my guess.

Niffer1976
06-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Everyone needs to be sure if they are questioning their city halls to contact us. I made a post telling people how they can do that. I will come look at your city and I will let you know if your CH is safe. Since pulling a CH does disband the city you need to let us take a look. As I posted in my thread: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91202 not all City Halls will have to be moved. Rather you email me or forum message me I will take a look at your entire city and make you a list of anything that needs to be moved. So do not panic just yet about your city.

0nyx
06-19-2013, 07:12 AM

No. About the only thing that has been said is that JTL is not likely to be added until after the creatures AI is implemented.

And nope, as with everything else on this project, there are no ETAs:)

**edit: and heh, didn't see Lolindir had already answered:) **

Wargon
06-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Any ability to show us maybe a rough idea what is going to be in Publish 3?

possposs22
06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
I hope they implement space combat in publish 3.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
I hope they implement space combat in publish 3.

Nope - go read the publish notes

Vlada
06-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Any ability to show us maybe a rough idea what is going to be in Publish 3?

Yes, its called TC: Nova.

loshult
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Its too bad with this publication you guys can't wipe out all of the condemned*sp* structures :( *they are quite the eye-sore given how some are located in very good areas to build harvesters but can't place them because the NBZ brought about by a condemned city hall orother buildings in the area)
Condemned structures are automatically removed after three months.

Varient
06-19-2013, 05:17 PM
is JTL really that important? isnt that what "killed" the game for the most part? not in love with that idea at all..

Vlada
06-19-2013, 05:41 PM
is JTL really that important? isnt that what "killed" the game for the most part? not in love with that idea at all..

No, JTL was just fine, downfall started when first Jedi showed up then picked up momentum with changes to Jedi and GCW system and ended with CU and NGE.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Many only continued to play this game for JTL. Frankly, i think it is the best thing SOE ever did.

What you are thinking of, is the NGE 1.0

Varient
06-19-2013, 05:48 PM
gotcha..sorry, been a while

Wargon
06-20-2013, 05:25 AM
No, JTL was just fine, downfall started when first Jedi showed up then picked up momentum with changes to Jedi and GCW system and ended with CU and NGE.
But one thing that gets me is why cant SWGemu stay pre-Cu and go with the Hologrind form of Jedi with FRS system! I mean the Village is so CU and this is Pre-CU, even though the Village was supposed to replace how Jedi was done, the Hologrind which i did would seem alot more fun way to earn Jedi then a bunch of mindless missions on Dathomir!

Vlada
06-20-2013, 07:14 AM
I think they decided to go with 14.1 because it was the most stable Pre-CU revision and then just stuck with it.

Also, goal of this project is 14.1, that doesnt mean SC will 14.1, it might start as 14.1 but that doesn't mean it will remain that way for long.

Mattslatt2010
06-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Just read this:

"Added Dantooine Jedi Temple Quest - Luthik Uwyr(Dark side)."

1) I thought Dantooine was quarantined or unavailable.
2) Jedi... Someone explain?
3) Quests... Since when?

Vlada
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Just read this:

3) Quests... Since when?

1) Dantooine is just fine, planet like every other.
2) Parts of the profession, and fixes are added, it doesnt mean that it can be unlocked.
3) We had quests on Bas since day one, granted there were only a few but they did work... from time to time.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Just read this:

3) Quests... Since when?

1) Grab a shuttle from Corellia
2) The Jedi Temple is a POI. This is the quest for that POI
3) Scince last may. Go to jabba's palace or the Warren on dantooine for proof.

dorgobar
06-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Nope - go read the publish notes

Sorry, may i ask where the publish notes are? Im quite looking forward for the publish - took a long break for months, i hope at least commando gets fixed

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Sorry, may i ask where the publish notes are? Im quite looking forward for the publish - took a long break for months, i hope at least commando gets fixed

wow ....did you even read the post you commented on?

dorgobar
06-20-2013, 05:14 PM
So just buildings get wiped? But ive read on other topics that commando gets fixed and the version heads to "Alpha"-mode (or was it just nonsense from them)?

Lolindir
06-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I can post this info... again.
Publish 3 checklist (https://docs.google.com/a/swgemu.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgjBDOFpOsM5dG91OFFBdDhqVmkwUlVzak5ZSzdoR lE#gid=0)
Weekly update forum (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)

All you want to know about publish 3 can you fin here. The actual publish notes have not been posted yet, because the patch have not yet been released.

So just buildings get wiped? But ive read on other topics that commando gets fixed and the version heads to "Alpha"-mode (or was it just nonsense from them)?

Yes, houses will just get wiped. You all should know that you where not supposed to be able to build there, but some did. We have given info in due time that this will happen, so that players can move there houses. When the patch hit, CSRs will go out and start removing buildings that are left in areas there should not be one.

We will not move to alpha, we are in alpha and have been for the entire life of the server.

GeneralSturnn
06-20-2013, 06:11 PM
when do I have to pack up my guild hall? it's just a guild hall, no city or buildings around it.

Lolindir
06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
I would suggest that you do it now.

Sumane
06-20-2013, 09:14 PM
ive been here long enough to know not to ask for an eta, but is there an ETA for patch 3? must bn soon if preparations are going on and no further code commits.

Lolindir
06-20-2013, 09:18 PM
Soon is such a relative term :p

Vlada
06-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Not soon enough.

kikaha
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
i dont check all post maybe someone ask that befor but will come bh armors and mando armors back in loot stuff?

Lolindir
06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
i dont check all post maybe someone ask that befor but will come bh armors and mando armors back in loot stuff?
Don't know... just gone quote my self and you can find out on your own. If it is, its in the two links in my quote.

I can post this info... again.
Publish 3 checklist (https://docs.google.com/a/swgemu.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgjBDOFpOsM5dG91OFFBdDhqVmkwUlVzak5ZSzdoR lE#gid=0)
Weekly update forum (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)

All you want to know about publish 3 can you fin here. The actual publish notes have not been posted yet, because the patch have not yet been released.

Yes, houses will just get wiped. You all should know that you where not supposed to be able to build there, but some did. We have given info in due time that this will happen, so that players can move there houses. When the patch hit, CSRs will go out and start removing buildings that are left in areas there should not be one.

We will not move to alpha, we are in alpha and have been for the entire life of the server.

Wargon
06-23-2013, 07:38 AM
Pretty much this!

I also agree, if you played this game any time during Live you knew the NBZ's so if you're stuff is still there when 3 happens well its 100% ya fault!

Mattslatt2010
06-24-2013, 04:21 AM
1) Grab a shuttle from Corellia
2) The Jedi Temple is a POI. This is the quest for that POI
3) Scince last may. Go to jabba's palace or the Warren on dantooine for proof.

Oh my Force...

I must try this right away. I stopped playing for a few months due to school, around February (The last major update) didn't know there was an update in May. We checked out Jabba's in March but found nothing, that must be why.

Which shuttleport can I find it at?

Yiddo2012
06-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Awesome list of updates. Must admit am eagerly awaiting DE, CH and JTL but the game itself is so fantastic am more than happy to help test it and play until they go live. Couple of questions though, do we have a very rough idea how many publishes there might be before hitting beta? Also when it goes to beta there will be a wipe, will that be the final wipe?

Lolindir
06-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Awesome list of updates. Must admit am eagerly awaiting DE, CH and JTL but the game itself is so fantastic am more than happy to help test it and play until they go live. Couple of questions though, do we have a very rough idea how many publishes there might be before hitting beta? Also when it goes to beta there will be a wipe, will that be the final wipe?

The only wipe planned is when we reach 1.0, no wipe have been planned for the beta stage. Can't even give you a guesstimate on how many publishes. If every publish will be as big as publish 3, my guess it will not be that many publishes. But what are "many" any way. for some 3 are many, others 10 :p

xlordxboris
06-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Can anybody make hard guess on how many times will we need till game is finished enough to introduce jedi users? I know u cant know for sure,but hard gues? 1 year,2 years, 5?

Vlada
06-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Can anybody make hard guess on how many times will we need till game is finished enough to introduce jedi users? I know u cant know for sure,but hard gues? 1 year,2 years, 5?

I dont think it will be years.

Naik0i
06-26-2013, 04:11 AM
I dont think it will be years.

indeed.. Decades :P

Nikaty
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Whether it is days, weeks, months, years or Decades..I'm having fun. Thanks guys

Yiddo2012
06-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Whether it is days, weeks, months, years or Decades..I'm having fun. Thanks guys

Agree, a 60% complete SWG is better than a 100% complete WoW-Clone.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-27-2013, 01:59 PM
SWG was never a WOW clone.

Yiddo2012
06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
SWG was never a WOW clone.

That's the point I was making, that even in its current stage of development it is better then the other so-called release games out there.

Bertlast
06-27-2013, 04:25 PM
A lot of NBZs were missing on tatooine so they were added last night via http://76.73.75.106:8080/#/c/302/. Be sure to double check quickly as time is running out. Basically if you are near something you aren't supposed to be, and it wasn't listed, then report it here (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=4032) and we'll get it fixed.

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-27-2013, 06:39 PM

Why fix it for them? They knew there were not supposed to put houses there and they did it anyway.

Ivojedi
06-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Why fix it for them? They knew there were not supposed to put houses there and they did it anyway.

You misunderstood. He's saying that if anyone finds a place that is not on the list, but that they feel should have a no-build zone, let us know via that mantis ticket and we'll evaluate and add a zone if needed.

We put a fair bit of time into adding these zones but by no means are we claiming that it's complete. We undoubtedly missed some places.

Lolindir
06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Because we wish to give players the chance to move the buildings them selves, but there will not be any warnings for the ones who haven't.

Also, i edited in berts info on the OP.

Cherish
06-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Cherish, The NBZ radius is going to be 500m from what I have read about it. .. :( .. hope that none of your cities are within that 500M radius... If they are. I might suggest moving them to about 10M outside of that range.. All of my guild's cities are safe, it was just a little house by the river near a fountain (30m radius), the data terminal was at 31ms from the waypoint listed. It has been picked up and moved so that the steps now are next to the old data terminal waypoint.

Niffer1976
06-27-2013, 11:41 PM
Since this thread has made it quite a few pages I will post my info again. If anyone has any questions about their cities or the structures in them please send me your information. You can email me or forum pm me. I will come look at your city and tell you what has to be moved. I have a list already going of cities I have checked so when the merge comes I know they are safe. That does not mean that I will not check them again to be sure nothing has been placed where I have told them not to. Here is my contact information and what information I will need you to give me.

niffer@swgemu.com

I need:
What planet it is on:

Bonowhemm Oplo
06-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Because we wish to give players the chance to move the buildings them selves, but there will not be any warnings for the ones who haven't.

Also, i edited in berts info on the OP.

Then let them move them themselves. I don't see why time is being wasted on people who knew that their building placement was eventually forefite.

raelik
06-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Then let them move them themselves. I don't see why time is being wasted on people who knew that their building placement was eventually forefite.

You're still misunderstanding what Bert meant by 'get it fixed'.

Basically if you are near something you aren't supposed to be, and it wasn't listed, then report it here and we'll get it fixed.

They're not moving anything for anyone. He means they will fix the something that you're not supposed to be near but isn't listed, by adding it to the list and to the NBZ.

Wargon
06-29-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, its called TC: Nova.
TC:Nova huh, well hmm last time i logged onto there let me think hmm when i was a CSR oh wait when it was wiped after Liberator my bad!

Lolindir
06-29-2013, 11:36 AM

What are you talking about? We are not moving any thing. If players do not move it, it get deleted. This thread is a heads up.

Lolindir
06-29-2013, 11:37 AM

niffer@swgemu.com

I need:
What planet it is on:

Added to the OP

Auguri
06-29-2013, 12:30 PM
I want the publish now!

Vlada
06-29-2013, 01:19 PM
I want the publish now!

You and everyone else.

Auguri
06-29-2013, 05:36 PM
You and everyone else.

I need to replace a condemned house with my house.

alby
06-29-2013, 06:39 PM
just have to wait tell it comes out to put yours down and who knows when that well be oh well i'll just enjoy my time then

marsorbust
06-30-2013, 11:21 AM
I need to replace a condemned house with my house.

publish 3 is not going to get rid of any condemned houses that are not in no build zones, those houses you will still have to wait the 3 month grace period for them to disappear.

any player structure inside a no build zone weather condemned or not will be subject to being deleted by a csr after publish 3.

brandnew
06-30-2013, 01:23 PM
hi, excuse me please that i dont search thru the thread for it.
hows about the nobuildzones arround the citys. i have a small house very close to a city on hilltop.
are npc city nbz effectet by this preperation information thread?

starlightvea
07-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Yea. What she said :)