PDA

View Full Version : Vreni Island PvP Event!

Canatar
11-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Footage from event, thanks for everyone who came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVkkX09QjR0

http://i48.tinypic.com/2rel15g.jpg

Anyone who wants to join is welcome, and it's encouraged. Even if you aren't full template or geared.

Where is this event?
- The event will take place in Vreni Island.

Where am i going to get buffs?
- 'Fort HaxXors' is where the Imperials meet.
- 'LIVE TO REBEL' is where the Rebels meet.

Where am i going to go overt?
- An event coordinator will plant them in the city your buffing up at.

Time?
- This event will take place Friday, December 14th.
- Time, 9pm EST

The concept for this event is simple, who will survive on Vreni Island.

There are no rounds, just fights.
The event will end when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting.

What is happening in all the fights?
After each the Rebels and Imperials buff up they will meet on Verni Island.
It will be announced when each the Imperials and Rebels should head out to Verni Island.

After each faction is on Verni Island, it's simple FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!

There are no waypoints to fight at, you fight ANYWHERE on Vreni Island.

*Optional*

Post in this thread, on what side you plan to fight on.

Example:

Side - Imperial
Toon - Cem

Contact Cem / CemCanatar for Imperial invites (on that date).

- Need Doctors / Entertainers that are willing to volunteer to buff for the Imperials, *Post in this thread, if your interested*.

Contact Vito for Rebel invites (on that date).

- Need Doctors / Entertainers that are willing to volunteer to buff for the Rebels, *Post in this thread, if your interested*.

Oawofae
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Sounds fun. I'll try to make it if this goes down .

Toxs
11-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Why not make the rebels attack all three times? Why the sudden change from past events?

wjenet
11-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Predicting death squads at the shuttleport, I am.

Forseeing players making it as far as the hotel, I do not.

Toxs
11-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Let the record show, a STORM member has acknowledged the idea of fairness.

Ruledo
11-27-2012, 01:39 AM
Vreni Island is a great place for a PvP event!
One of the longest battles ever fought on SWGEmu took place there.
CLICK FOR VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE1A67522250B81BA&feature=plcp)

You can only leave once it has been announced the round is over.

What if players are running into the water during the event?

- If players are running into the water and it hasn't been announced the round is over, event coordinator's will kill you.

http://robtiffany.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/SEALs-300x168.jpg

I think these are bad for a PvP event (I know, sorry, I'm kinda new).
What if a player needs to return to civilization for gear/food/etc?
Not that I run into water (very often) in PvP, but I think limiting the use of natural surroundings is not in the true spirit of PvP.
Also, there is fire to consider.
Any rules that allow an EC to kill a player, is simply, a bad design.
Save it for the PvE hugger events, it should never be allowed in PvP.
PvE EVENTS ARE ACTUALLY PvCSR, because a CSR sets up an environment, spawns mobs, and kills off players as they attempt to reach the goal that the CSR has chosen.
That is why PvE EC's (yes I'll say it) like Kreen should never be allowed to host PvP events.
They just can't or don't understand the difference, plain and simple.
In PvP events, players should only be killed by other players, PERIOD.
Any deviation from that allows a CSR take it personal or sway a battle that is between the players.
Also, I do understand the concept of rounds, however, it is a double edged sword.
Rounds are used to allow both sides to rally forces and recoup, which is very important to keep a battle going.
However, limiting the number of rounds limits how long the battle will last, which morale and spirits providing could last MANY hours otherwise.
Basically rounds are good, while a limited number of rounds is bad.
True PvP ends, when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting (ie the majority of it's forces have surrendered).
In the past, EC's have used mobs to provide protection for recouping troops against enemy raids.
However this has two major problems, it lags the server (#1 MISTAKE IN PVP EVENTS BY CSRS) and allows player(s) to be killed by a CSR.
Now that line of site is functioning, gated areas are a possible option, but I'm not sure about the lag factor.
Even if we had working faction bases, they only provide protection and enemy players can still enter and destroy them.
100% Protection for groups of respawning PvPers was never an intended function of SWG.

Personally, I will not follow rules that lead to bad tactical decisions such as avoiding water, staying inside a building (that worked soooo well for Sadam and Bin Laden) , etc.
Some of the best events I have ever seen were not constrictive at all.
Think America vs England (1812).
Think Seal Team VI vs Bin Laden.

War has no rules, only objectives...

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/542408484/us_navy_seals_team_six_got_osama_bin_laden_stainle .jpg?height=160&width=160&padToSquare=true

P.s. Sry bro, just keepin' it legit. <3

Rise Of Cpu
11-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Faction - Imp

Char - Rando Biches

mortekai
11-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Sounds like fun, i'd be down. Once there's a set date and its an actual event i'll know if I can actually do it. For now though:

Side- Imperial
Character- Mortekai

mortekai
11-27-2012, 04:38 AM
Also if this is going to be a faction based event people will need ample time to end guild wars for the event... would be a major pain in the *** to /gquit in larger guilds who are at war with multiple other guilds.

Rekall
11-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Rebel // Poached Egg

(or as STORM calls me in Vent, "Pooched")

camigwen
11-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Vreni Island is a great place for a PvP event!
One of the longest battles ever fought on SWGEmu took place there.
CLICK FOR VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE1A67522250B81BA&feature=plcp)

http://robtiffany.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/SEALs-300x168.jpg

Not that I run into water (very often) in PvP, but I think limiting the use of natural surroundings is not in the true spirit of PvP.
PvE EVENTS ARE ACTUALLY PvCSR, because a CSR sets up an environment, spawns mobs, and kills off players as they attempt to reach the goal that the CSR has chosen.
That is why PvE EC's (yes I'll say it) like Kreen should never be allowed to host PvP events.
Any deviation from that allows a CSR take it personal or sway a battle that is between the players.
Also, I do understand the concept of rounds, however, it is a double edged sword.
Rounds are used to allow both sides to rally forces and recoup, which is very important to keep a battle going.
However, limiting the number of rounds limits how long the battle will last, which morale and spirits providing could last MANY hours otherwise.
True PvP ends, when one side has crushed the other and the losing side stops fighting (ie the majority of it's forces have surrendered).
In the past, EC's have used mobs to provide protection for recouping troops against enemy raids.
However this has two major problems, it lags the server (#1 MISTAKE IN PVP EVENTS BY CSRS) and allows player(s) to be killed by a CSR.
Now that line of site is functioning, gated areas are a possible option, but I'm not sure about the lag factor.
Even if we had working faction bases, they only provide protection and enemy players can still enter and destroy them.
100% Protection for groups of respawning PvPers was never an intended function of SWG.

Personally, I will not follow rules that lead to bad tactical decisions such as avoiding water, staying inside a building (that worked soooo well for Sadam and Bin Laden) , etc.
Some of the best events I have ever seen were not constrictive at all.
Think America vs England (1812).
Think Seal Team VI vs Bin Laden.

War has no rules, only objectives...

http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/542408484/us_navy_seals_team_six_got_osama_bin_laden_stainle .jpg?height=160&width=160&padToSquare=true

P.s. Sry bro, just keepin' it legit. <3

why are you throwing CSR's in that mix?
I've only ever known EC's to be involved with pvp/pve event's
kinda confused sorry and its late lol

Oawofae
11-27-2012, 05:57 AM
I've decided to shelve my ranger in progress and make him a pvp tion so I can get in on this. Hopefully on a weeknight rather than a weekend.

Rise Of Cpu
11-27-2012, 09:09 AM
Rebel // Poached Egg

(or as STORM calls me in Vent, "Pooched")

someone needs to sort out their pronunciation

Canatar
11-27-2012, 10:22 AM

The water idea was an idea just that. A idea which has has been taken out.

I get your point about not having a round, not have a "ending", but people like structure in events, especially on this server.
Usually even if there wasn't rounds, the event will tide down within 1-2 hours.
People want to take breaks (food or RL commitments).
PvP events usually happen on the weekend so after the event people have plans(most of the time), structure works.

Remember you need to treat every server differently, this isn't nova or liberator.

About not having a rally point, with EC's not allowed to buff players, there has to be rallying points.
It would be a DISASTROUS if there wasn't.
Not an event i will be hosting or participating in. At least until they fix EC's being allowed to buff, nope.

By the end of round 3, this happens regardless. This has happened in 3 consecutive events on this server.

Yes there were rounds in those events, but i highly doubt that was the FACTOR.
The factor was what you said, one side crushed the other.

My 2 cents...

Remember this is
http://i45.tinypic.com/zx9l54.jpg

All your points are valid with that said, the concept of the event has been changed. Read main page for details.

It seems there is already a event on the 8th.

Any suggestions on a date for this event? Post it up.

Ruledo
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
why are you throwing CSR's in that mix?
I've only ever known EC's to be involved with pvp/pve event's
kinda confused sorry and its late lol

I have been told that CSRs and ECs have been blurred together.
Guess I should have stuck to the term EC.
My bad.
Was mostly just trying to explain why PvE ECs aren't appropriate for PvP events (the whole PvEC aka PvE concept).

The water idea was an idea just that. A idea which has has been taken out.

I get your point about not having a round, not have a "ending", but people like structure in events, especially on this server.
Usually even if there wasn't rounds, the event will tide down within 1-2 hours.
People want to take breaks (food or RL commitments).
PvP events usually happen on the weekend so after the event people have plans(most of the time), structure works.

Remember you need to treat every server differently, this isn't nova or liberator.

About not having a rally point, with EC's not allowed to buff players, there has to be rallying points.
It would be a DISASTROUS if there wasn't.
Not an event i will be hosting or participating in. At least until they fix EC's being allowed to buff, nope.

By the end of round 3, this happens regardless. This has happened in 3 consecutive events on this server.

Yes there were rounds in those events, but i highly doubt that was the FACTOR.
The factor was what you said, one side crushed the other.

My 2 cents...

All your points are valid with that said, the concept of the event has been changed. Read main page for details.

It seems there is already a event on the 8th.

Any suggestions on a date for this event? Post it up.

Good points, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate and bringing up issues that can effect PvP events.
Rally points are needed, just trying to come up with a way to deal with enemy raids, so far multiple warp/spawn flags are the only thing I can come up with. :/
And yes, without ECs buffing players at rally points, things could get really ugly.
As for rounds, I'm just suggesting that maybe we increase the number of rounds if the fighting seems like it can continue.
This could possibly be encouraged by <STORM> splitting its troops or switching faction if the battles are too one sided.
Because of the "one way in, one way out" situation with the shuttle port at Vreni, it would be great to have warp flags in the rally cities.
This was done during the last battle of Vreni and many others.
Possibly 3 spawn points per faction on Vreni (to help prevent camping) with the corresponding 3 warp flags in the faction cities?
Love the changes Cem, hope I'm being constructive.
As for date?
I wouldn't mind going to 2 events in 1 day, or missing 1 and going to another, just a thought.
My work schedule is 8am to 4-6pm mon-fri PST.
Hope I can make it whatever day it's on. :)

Superjebus
12-01-2012, 03:13 AM
1pm Saturday Sydney time = win

Superjebus Rebel

okon
12-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Scud will be there /// fighting for the rebels

huskysebas
12-01-2012, 03:29 PM
How do i get in

Rise Of Cpu
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
How do i get in

file a ticket to the swgemu support team.

http://support.swgemu.com/

JediOutcast
12-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Reb

Spheres

If I don't have to work

Rise Of Cpu
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
bump, this Friday.

told the swag lot to be makin an appearance

so we don't get outnumbered again

joshuaa
12-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Swag better drop tag unless you wanna get owned.

Rise Of Cpu
12-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Swag better drop tag unless you wanna get owned.

not dropping tag sorry

joshuaa
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
not dropping tag sorryred = dead

Cahain
12-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Side - Imperial
Toon - Cahain

Iazan
12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
no one spawn nova troopers and hopefully we can all get through this ok
I'll be there on iazan fighting for the rebs

Rise Of Cpu
12-10-2012, 11:51 PM
red = dead

okay then, good for you lot

HatteC8
12-13-2012, 02:31 AM
Side- Rebels
Toon- Savage Oppress

Who do i talk to to get an invite?

Corleone299
12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Cem,

I volunteer to buff all rebels for free on my doc, Santino, in Live to Rebel for the event for free. We also will have ents there for buffing as well.
I also will lead be happy to lead a group (give invites out) with my pvp toon Vito.

Nice to see ya setting this up man!

Vito

Canatar
12-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Cem,

I volunteer to buff all rebels for free on my doc, Santino, in Live to Rebel for the event for free. We also will have ents there for buffing as well.
I also will lead be happy to lead a group (give invites out) with my pvp toon Vito.

Nice to see ya setting this up man!

Vito

That's awesome and thank you. On Friday, rebels contact Vito for invites.

amberedwards
12-14-2012, 05:37 AM
There are just some things that could be done on Liberator that we cannot do here yet. People will have to understand we CANNOT area BUFF at this time. We can only do what we have available. This will probably get removed but if the same 1 or 2 each PVP Event wouldn't act like 12 year olds, then everything would go a lot smoother and we wouldn't see these lil rages after each Event.

Storm Raven
12-14-2012, 06:01 AM
Side- Rebels
Name- Tozpik

Boy I can't wait for this event. It'll be my first one here on Basilisk.

Beda
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
That will be like 3am in my timezone :(
Have fun guys

swgvet
12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Name: Asteto
Side: Imperial
Master Pistoleer and BH xx4x, still need to try to get a decent geo blaster.

Canatar
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Awesome event, fun stuff.

Rebels dominated, but regardless fun.

elmyo
12-15-2012, 08:29 AM
gewd pvp, long battles, just the way it shud be

RokGod
12-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Rebs would of dominated more with a little more group forming co-ordination.
Sure we had numbers but alot of people were not grouped.
I had one "guild group" say .... guild only ... when they clearly wernt a full group. If your not a full group whats it matter?

Basically numbers won the day not rebel co-ordination.

But good to see some pvp events going on ... had alot of fun reminiscing.

Rise Of Cpu
12-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Rebs would of dominated more with a little more group forming co-ordination.
Sure we had numbers but alot of people were not grouped.
I had one "guild group" say .... guild only ... when they clearly wernt a full group. If your not a full group whats it matter?

But good to see some pvp events going on ... had alot of fun reminiscing.

have you ever tried to look after your guild only in a massive group? quite hard lol. Small groups tend to be better sometimes.

Was a good pvp event. Hope we do this next weekend.

ksam
12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Great event bro

swgvet
12-15-2012, 03:40 PM
This was my first pre cu pvp experience, asked a lot of "noob" questions got a lot of helpful answers and had a great time.

tsubasa
12-15-2012, 03:50 PM
SWAG representin'

AZIronman
12-15-2012, 05:20 PM
First pvp in a while. lots o fun

MasterLFD
12-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Great event. Hope we can do this weekly.

Mokbah
12-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Waiting for the videos... ;)

Storm Raven
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
I got ganked every time, since I was wearing ubese/bone armor lol.

Superjebus
12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
I disagree. We (Rebel's) have had more numbers at almost every PVP event, but the lack of co-ordination got us killed. There was some great co-ordiation on both sides. Round 2 was touch and go there for the first few minutes. Great fun, thanks Cem for organizing this one.

SWAG representin'
I recall <SWAG> having the last man standing for the first 3 rounds, but my Doc buffs ran out during round 4 so I ran like a little kid and didn't see who was last standing for round 4.

tsubasa
12-15-2012, 09:08 PM
I recall <SWAG> having the last man standing for the first 3 rounds, but my Doc buffs ran out during round 4 so I ran like a little kid and didn't see who was last standing for round 4. It was me the first round and Mousse in the rest of the rounds. :P

MousseHitman
12-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Last fight I was last standing but it didn't last long.

Apparently Burst Run + SL retreat is speed hacking.

Anyways Kreen rooted me when I tried to escape and was quickly swarmed by 20+ blood hungry rebs.

Fun fights, would definitely participate again!

Haleigh
12-16-2012, 12:41 AM
I've been here only two weeks now and wow, what a great fight! And I was one of the players who said emu would never handle large scale PVP.

In some ways, it was superior to Pre CU PVP because it wasn't a slideshow. The server performance was awesome. And people haven't figured out to play melee classes yet heh heh.

Looking forward to some base fights after seeing how well the server handled the load.

I got some really good FRAPS of rounds 2, 3, and 4.

Should finish up a video some time later tonite.

P.S. I nominate xizi of <LIVE> for MVP.

/rebelyell

Rise Of Cpu
12-16-2012, 01:57 AM
bases gunna thrive

hopin chit gets set up for something as hektik next week

Haleigh
12-16-2012, 04:07 AM
There are just some things that could be done on Liberator that we cannot do here yet. People will have to understand we CANNOT area BUFF at this time. We can only do what we have available. This will probably get removed but if the same 1 or 2 each PVP Event wouldn't act like 12 year olds, then everything would go a lot smoother and we wouldn't see these lil rages after each Event.

Welp, please don't let it get to ya. Pre CU SWG was an immersive and intense PVP game, the likes of which doesn't exist anymore.

From my experience, if there isn't any rage from someone, the PVP event fails. (There are in fact a few 12 year olds playing I am sure)

Great event. I'll never miss one of these in the future.

Hopefully next time we'll be able to generate even more rage ;)

Widowmaker89
12-16-2012, 07:34 AM
P.S. I nominate xizi of <LIVE> for MVP.

/rebelyell

Canatar
12-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Footage from event, thanks for everyone who came out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVkkX09QjR0

kai-ying
12-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Nice video dude, looks like it was a good event.