PDA

View Full Version : Nova Test Center Update 03/22/2011

Vlada
03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
TC: Nova Update 03/22/2011

SWGEmu Development Division

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/5961/swgemutcupdateheaderv2.png (http://www.swgemu.com/)

TC: Nova Update 03/22/2011

Initial Vendor Code

Planetary Weather System
Armor and Clothing Attachments
Slicing
Forage and Medical Forage

Initial Vendor Code

Please remember that bazaars have been changed to allow for the new vendor functions, so please test EVERYTHING related to the bazaar terminals as well. In order to stress test the vendor search function we want to increase the count of items to be searched. Please put whatever items you can on vendors to help us to get the total galaxy item count as high as possible!

Please help us test some of the following functions related to vendors:

Vendor Creation, Placement & Administration
Vendor List: For Sale
Post-Sale actions
Vendor List: Offers to Vendor
Vendor List: Available Items
Advertisement
Galaxy-wide Vendor Search
NPC Vendor clothing customization
Removed, Empty and Unused vendor management
Merchant Skill and Vendor Functionality

Planetary Weather System

The weather system has been added on all planets including an optional sandstorm effects feature. This allows severe sandstorms on Tatooine and Lok to damage and disrupt players. This feature will be disabled by default upon release of the emulator, but can be enabled easily by server managers in a script. A level 4 sandstorm will result in blind, wounds and knockdown to exposed, unprotected players. There is protective clothing available. To see the list follow the link below. Armour will also protect against sandstorms.

- Every 10 seconds, a player will receive blind, wounds, and a knockdown chance.

Armor and Clothing Attachments

These are randomly generated on the blue frogs. We would like to see testing done as a result of the Skill Enhancement offered from the attachment. This means if you receive an attachment with a particular modifier, please attach and attempt to use the skill, noting any gains given from the attachment. Report a bug to mantis if the SEA doesn’t supply the modifier as displayed in the description.

Slicing

Please try to slice weapons as per the skill.

Forage and Medical Forage

You should be able to forage 3 times per 10m area every 30 minutes. Foraged food should be working.
Please test these rules and foraged food... We know that bait won't really work because fishing is broken at the moment.

Medical forage has the same rules as forage except that you can get resources and medical components, but not bait. The components don't have stats as this is not yet implemented. You will get 1 unit of flora each time you get resources. This is normal and how it was during pre-cu.

More detailed description of everything listed here, with details on what and how to test can be found here: TC: Nova update March 22, 2011 (https://docs.google.com/a/swgemu.com/document/d/1q9QSCOqnRWld-0TuGBOt1Ym1HGfoAqx4gRaYeogIDlc/edit?hl=en&authkey=CKOSgvUG#)

~ SWGEmu Development Division

Artemis-x-
03-22-2011, 10:25 PM
sounds great, just what the Doctor ordered, hope this helps get a few people more on to test it!

Ninjalexander
03-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Old stuffs, but good stuffs >:[]

Dngrzne91
03-23-2011, 12:19 AM
That weather systems sounds pretty sweet, a possible added difficulty.

bigevil
03-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Yep. All good stuff. Love the weather system as well. Here's to ranger camps being protection eventually too!!

corbaer
03-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Can't believe no one has whinged about how the new weather is not Pre-CU... :p

Pretty cool update. Thanks team.

RagnarokStrike
03-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Very cool! Keep up the good work!

Talon
03-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Ohh new stuff to play with!
(by that I mean break)

Awesomesauce!

atldarkphoenix
03-23-2011, 01:41 AM
i like the idea with ranger tents protecting against tat lok sandstorms

Dame
03-23-2011, 03:49 AM
cant wait to get some testing time on all the juicy new stuff :>

Togno
03-23-2011, 04:00 AM
Sweet update! I like the sand storm option too. Glad to see that work was done on slicing and one more step to completing economy portion of the game.

Anakis
03-23-2011, 06:06 AM
i like the idea with ranger tents protecting against tat lok sandstorms

I'm starting on camps now and they will protect players from them!

atldarkphoenix
03-23-2011, 10:03 AM
yay anakis :)

bigevil
03-23-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm starting on camps now and they will protect players from them!

I just felt a tingle in my special place. ;)

Oh, no thats just Mahonra under my desk. hehe.

Thanks Vlada for update and thanks Anakis for good stuff!!!

DaFunc
03-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Awesome stuff. Is there a way to get armor and clothes from the blue frog with sockets? I was hoping to test some SEA's but I am unable to find any clothing/armor with sockets (including stuff on bazaar). Or, should I take up some crafting...

Vlada
03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Vlada for update and thanks Anakis for good stuff!!!

Actually i just made this thread look pretty, all props should go to Developers, QA and CTT (Development Division).

robpickles
03-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I was originally opposed to the idea of the sandstorms, but you know, the more I hear about it the more I am liking it. :D

kaque
03-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Awesome progress. I'm gonna be back testing today! Keep up the great work.

Sekie
03-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Tc nova is getting there, wont be long till everyone is playing it.

Bostwain
03-23-2011, 05:33 PM
I noticed cRush was posting stuff, is he backwith emu?

Vlada
03-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I noticed cRush was posting stuff, is he backwith emu?

From another thread...

Yes cRush is back in #swgemudev2 and with commit rights to the SVN, both very good things.

MaelDiablo
03-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Awesome stuff. Is there a way to get armor and clothes from the blue frog with sockets? I was hoping to test some SEA's but I am unable to find any clothing/armor with sockets (including stuff on bazaar). Or, should I take up some crafting...

Or you can find a player that can craft some clothes with sockets for you. Best bet for finding a few tailors is in Phoenix Rising on Lok, where a few staff and players hang around at. They don't bite (Hard), so don't be shy and come over there.

guantan
03-23-2011, 08:26 PM
The weather system effects was something I always wanted in the game. I was thinking more of the cold weather areas like up in the NW of Corellia (always looked odd seeing someone running around in hotpants in the snow). Good work and keep it up!

minilogoguy18
03-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Like the sandstorm idea but it would add to the realism to keep them hindering exposed players all the time rather than toggling it on and off.

Wodaz Freecrest
03-25-2011, 06:19 PM
Like the sandstorm idea but it would add to the realism to keep them hindering exposed players all the time rather than toggling it on and off.

If I'm not mistaken I think the only way to flip on/off at the moment is server management? Not by the individual player.

Kreen
03-26-2011, 04:56 AM
I like :D

Go go developers!

Emerzon
03-26-2011, 05:27 AM
Sounds fun, thx for the update.

JennieRoe
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
I definitely approve of the sandstorm idea! Tatooine and Lok are my favorite planets and I always loved to see the sandstorms roll in! Only thing I will say is this: will the NPC's suffer the same effects (if unprotected)? Won't be fun fighting a bunch of high level NPC's, then a sandstorm hits and you get knockdown/blind, while they are unaffected!

Anyways, good to see some new stuffs to test! Great progress!

RagnarokStrike
03-26-2011, 06:27 PM
I definitely approve of the sandstorm idea! Tatooine and Lok are my favorite planets and I always loved to see the sandstorms roll in! Only thing I will say is this: will the NPC's suffer the same effects (if unprotected)? Won't be fun fighting a bunch of high level NPC's, then a sandstorm hits and you get knockdown/blind, while they are unaffected!

No because the wounds would effect tough monsters like krayts and one person would see a bunch of black barred krayts and one shot them.

MaelDiablo
03-27-2011, 05:14 AM

You will get a system warning when a sandstorm is about to hit the highest level (Where the wounds and all start), that should be your sign to seek shelter and stop fighting. Not to mention that if you are fighting, you are wearing armor anyways, which will protect you from wounds and most knockdowns (Not all) anyways. Other then that, no critters and NPC's will not be effected.

Kraschman
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
You will get a system warning when a sandstorm is about to hit the highest level (Where the wounds and all start), that should be your sign to seek shelter and stop fighting. Not to mention that if you are fighting, you are wearing armor anyways, which will protect you from wounds and most knockdowns (Not all) anyways. Other then that, no critters and NPC's will not be effected.

I'd love to see there be at least a setting where critters and NPCs would be affected. One might always change the critters stats so that they self-heal black bars very slowly. Or simply make critters like krayts mostly immune anyway and have the whole thing reset on a server reboot.

MaelDiablo
03-28-2011, 06:03 PM
I'd love to see there be at least a setting where critters and NPCs would be affected. One might always change the critters stats so that they self-heal black bars very slowly. Or simply make critters like krayts mostly immune anyway and have the whole thing reset on a server reboot.

I myself would like to see, when the sandstorms hit the highest level, that most critters and NPC's go into hiding as well and that this level of sandstorm brings out more dangers, like for example on Tatooine more Tusken activity, but for now the weather will remain as is, as the Dev's have moved on to other things in the project, maybe they will get back to it, when we have reached that magic goal of 1.0.

KrazyTrumpeter05
03-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Vendors, weather, and SEAs in one update?!

I think I need a new pair of pants.

modsec
03-31-2011, 11:07 PM
Or you can find a player that can craft some clothes with sockets for you. Best bet for finding a few tailors is in Phoenix Rising on Lok, where a few staff and players hang around at. They don't bite (Hard), so don't be shy and come over there.

Directions!!!! xD

Skoduss
04-01-2011, 04:38 AM
So with all the illogical things SWG has, the devs just landed on the "Let's put a sandstorm to f**k everything up" kind of deal?

RagnarokStrike
04-01-2011, 01:39 PM
So with all the illogical things SWG has, the devs just landed on the "Let's put a sandstorm to f**k everything up" kind of deal?

Why are you complaining? Everyone else seems to like that idea.

bigevil
04-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Actually I think its a perfect way to spice it up a touch. Many planets are deemed tame once your full templete toon gets all geared up and boofed. There should always be an element of looking over your shoulder.

Vlada
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Much like TEF or Combatant system, Holo-grind, Village or some other Jedi system, Mini Suits, Composite armor recoloring, etc these features will be part of 1.0. But which of them will actually be used by any future server communities its entirely up to them.

Options like this one need to exist and like everything else need to be tested, doesn't matter if we like them or not, once 1.0 is released to the public we will be able to chose between a number of different servers which will have different features turned on or off.

So you see complaining about things like these at this point is pointless, in fact complaining about them is pointless at any point.

Phr33kman
04-01-2011, 06:16 PM
I think many people confuse SWGEmu 1.0 and Suncrusher as the same thing. They are not based on the information I have read on the forums. SWGEmu 1.0 is the server code that will be released for the different servers to run on. This code needs all of the different options available in the code so each server community can choose what options it wants to run with.
Suncrusher is the server that will be ran by members of the SWGEmu team, it will use the SWGEmu server code. But what options it will run under is still under discussion and not finalized yet.

TankGun
04-02-2011, 03:10 AM
Very good news :)

vlock
04-02-2011, 08:20 AM
holy god vlada is on the staff?

times have changed :D

Nedak
04-02-2011, 09:33 PM
holy god vlada is on the staff?

times have changed :D

Tell me about it ;)

I myself would like to see, when the sandstorms hit the highest level, that most critters and NPC's go into hiding as well and that this level of sandstorm brings out more dangers, like for example on Tatooine more Tusken activity, but for now the weather will remain as is, as the Dev's have moved on to other things in the project, maybe they will get back to it, when we have reached that magic goal of 1.0.
That is actually a really cool idea.

Oki-doki
04-03-2011, 11:12 AM
I can report that my Ithorian tailor can not test the protective clothing against sandstorms since your list of protective clothing has only human gear in it.
Furthermore the clothing colorization for Ithorian clothing is not implemented yet, all the ithorian clothes that i crafted just came out in a default color which makes tailoring ithorian stuff a rather dull experience.
I have read in the update description that one should wear 5 pieces of clothing to be fully protected (head gear, chest covering, pants, gloves, boots).
I am wondering how this is supposed to count for species that can not wear gloves or boots, are those just to stay off the hazardous planets?

I don't want to sound too negative, i really appreciate all the work and ideas you implemented with the updates but i am a bit concerned if all of this just adds more handicaps to those players who do not have the stadard human/zabrak character.

Khairn
04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Love the idea of the sandstorms being more than just a visual experience, u go into any desert of a real world and get hit in the face with sand at high speed you can be guaranteed quite a bit of discomfort .. it makes sense to bring that realism into the game. ^^
What about tailors being able to make something similar to a bedouin robe to fend off the sand, allowing the player to keep whatever armour/clothing he wants on underneath.

MaelDiablo
04-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately we didn't think further then those who can wear boots and gloves, or gender restrictions, but I can assure you we will once we get some more time for it. The project has to move on and the Dev that has brought you the weather system, is now working on camps for Scouts/Rangers, which will provide protection against the weather as well out in the field. For now what is will have to do, not that a high level sandstorm will be that common.

Oki-doki
04-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the response Mael - keep up the good work :-)

cubor
04-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Hehe This is good thinking. I always thought in old swg that these sandstorms should make some effect.

Iownu117
04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
So this nova testing center, where can i find that because it isn't liberator right?

Ilipah
04-11-2011, 08:42 PM
So this nova testing center, where can i find that because it isn't liberator right?

At character creation, choose Core3 to create a character on Nova.

Vlada
04-11-2011, 08:46 PM

TC: Nova = Core3 (you will get the option to chose a server when you try to make a new character)

Curgon
04-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Good job, looking forward to the next big update :)

Snooty
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow so I just found this emu and I just want to say that this all has me very excited. Like many of you I loved SWG before the CU and NGE. I just tried to login and I created a character and it made me so giddy. I can't wait to play more! I will try out TC: Nova to help in any way I can!

OrhenKaragi
05-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice work! Hope to see some Jedi running around in a few years lol

Wilowah
05-13-2011, 06:36 AM
Wow so I just found this emu and I just want to say that this all has me very excited. Like many of you I loved SWG before the CU and NGE. I just tried to login and I created a character and it made me so giddy. I can't wait to play more! I will try out TC: Nova to help in any way I can!

Exactly what this guy said.

As for the update, what good are ranger camps when you can just carry around a few small housing deeds that are appropriate for bad weather planets?

Superjebus
05-14-2011, 03:08 AM

As for the update, what good are ranger camps when you can just carry around a few small housing deeds that are appropriate for bad weather planets?

I like you style.

bigevil
05-14-2011, 03:47 AM

Enhanced regen, crafting stations built in, better stats on buffs and such, wont draw aggro while inside, and looks cooler...;)

Wilowah
05-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Enhanced regen, crafting stations built in, better stats on buffs and such, wont draw aggro while inside, and looks cooler...;)

Ooooh. I wanna know what "such" is now. Random prizes? :x

All things considered, even the basic camp site is probably better decorated than any of the houses I've had in game. Maybe.

I would totally take up ranger if a camp site had its own decorative fountain. Can you add that next? :D

bigevil
05-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Ooooh. I wanna know what "such" is now. Random prizes? :x

All things considered, even the basic camp site is probably better decorated than any of the houses I've had in game. Maybe.

I would totally take up ranger if a camp site had its own decorative fountain. Can you add that next? :D

Obviously, our good dev team is just working for 14.1 for right now, with a very few exceptions. There have been lots of good discussions regarding the enhancement of certain classes later on to solidify relevance of each, that is much later.

One concept was a modular capability for large camps. Decorative or functional? Forward base or research station? Med center with cloner or crafting warehouse on wheels? Many possibilities once we have laid the ground floor, and for now thats the target. :)

VixiTrix
05-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Not sure if this goes here but

I heard that SOE was possiblly loseing the license to SWG, if that were o happen would that allow the EMU crafters to make changes tot he game and make it a new animal? like change things that wern't so great in the original and yet keep it differant from the current SOE verson?

Phlier
05-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Not sure if this goes here but

I heard that SOE was possiblly loseing the license to SWG, if that were o happen would that allow the EMU crafters to make changes tot he game and make it a new animal? like change things that wern't so great in the original and yet keep it differant from the current SOE verson?

In Open Source software, anything is possible... well, almost. Since SOE still "owns" the client software, the devs can't really do anything that would involve modifying the client software. Unfortunately, that can be a major constraint.

MaelDiablo
05-17-2011, 06:53 PM

I'd say good luck deploying your house on either Dathomir, Endor and Yavin 4. Does your house have a cloning facility? No, a ranger camp has. Does an entertainer heal and buff in your house? No, they can in camps. Can a Medic/Doctor heal in your house? Yes, but not as effective as in a camp. Need I go on?

atldarkphoenix
05-17-2011, 09:29 PM
when is tents and scout going to be done so we can get to things like CH!!!!!!!!!!
don't want to hear the overly used no eta or any of the we don't care delay delay delay info

Ellyssia
05-17-2011, 09:33 PM
No ETA is the only answer we can give. It'll be done, when it's done.

Vlada
05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
when is tents and scout going to be done so we can get to things like CH!!!!!!!!!!
don't want to hear the overly used no eta or any of the we don't care delay delay delay info

OK, since you dont want to hear "No ETA"... Will "When its done", or Soon™ do?

All kidding aside, tents and scout arent the only things necessary for CH that are missing. There is a lot more to be done before CH can be implemented.

P.S. If you don't have to arrive somewhere at a certain time, how can you be late? And since we don't have a schedule, there cant be any delays.

Bria-ilfist
05-18-2011, 09:29 AM
In Open Source software, anything is possible... well, almost. Since SOE still "owns" the client software, the devs can't really do anything that would involve modifying the client software. Unfortunately, that can be a major constraint.

justice will be served if they lose the licence. cancer of the internet that lot!

as far as modifying. does that mean we cant take an av-21. change the skin. movement settings and sounds. to another sort of speeder and implement a deed for it?

Togno
05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
"TC: Nova Update 03/22/2011". It has been 2 months. Can we please get another update about TC and EMU Development progress? I'm not so interested in business systems, forum upgrades, and resource updates to the obsolete server Liberator.

Kaelvin
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
not to mention why even have a development update section if it's not even used.

Ellyssia
06-03-2011, 11:17 AM
The development updates section is new, and a work in progress. I'd expect to start seeing things there soon(tm)

Xavia
06-03-2011, 03:53 PM
We're going to have developer updates more often now, maybe this weekend you'll see one.

monkeyshorts
06-04-2011, 05:40 AM
We're going to have developer updates more often now, maybe this weekend you'll see one.

Woohoo! Updates are good.

Vlada
06-05-2011, 12:58 AM
6/5/2011 - Weekly Update: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14900

sfhdweb3
06-23-2011, 06:09 AM
Awesome work keep it up

Rynneross
05-27-2012, 03:45 AM
are there ever going to be basic weapons on the blue frogs on TC?

Kohast Fel
05-31-2012, 01:29 PM
With the foraging I will once again prance merrily across nabbo gathering my fishing bait...
Seriously does anyone else remember the forage/Dance macro from live...