PDA

View Full Version : Player-Sponsored Public PvP Event

Ann-gee
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM

All you PvPers, head over to Corellia on Sunday, November 18, 2012 @ 6:00 pm Pacific for a 'Capture the Hall' PvP Event!!

Imperials will stage in Fort Haxxors, Corellia and Rebels will stage in LIVE TO REBEL, Corellia for this PvP event that will consist of four 30-minute rounds of PvP where you will attempt overtake and hold a specified location. Entertainers and Doctors will be on-site for your enhancement needs in the Cantinas and Hospitals of Fort Haxxors and LIVE TO REBEL and will begin offering their services at 5:30 pm Pacific. Faction Recruiters will be available in these player cities as well so you can change your status to Special Forces during this event. The battle location will be revealed to PvP Participants by the Doctors and Entertainers in the player city staging areas before the first round. SKYNET announcements will flag the start and end of each round. Honor goes to the last faction standing at the end of each round!

So get your butt in gear and get make plans to participate in this event! We hope to see you all there.

reactor420
11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Ah man, last weekend's PvP event was such a blast. I'll have to miss this one due to Thanksgiving vacation. Hope there's a good turn out.

northstar2295
11-08-2012, 12:46 AM
ill be there i love pvp

Valkyra
11-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Nice, I'll be there.

Ticarus
11-08-2012, 01:09 AM
2am gmt *cringe*

Viviiii
11-08-2012, 01:17 AM
You can Bet I'll be there bringing any ISO member i can as well.
Fear my Wookiee and his undersized Jawa Rifle!

Iazan
11-08-2012, 01:24 AM
I'll be there :D

Viaron
11-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Can't wait. This one sounds like fun! :D

Canatar
11-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Nice to see other players setting up events, I'll be there.

I'll volunteer to invite the imperials and direct them what to do if you want.

Ann-gee
11-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Nice to see other players setting up events, I'll be there.

I'll volunteer to invite the imperials and direct them what to do if you want.

Thanks Cem. If you send Ann-gee an IGM, I will get ya more info!

kemistry
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
3 am CET+1... oh Ann-Gee! whats the price? you? :P

jryals100
11-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I'll be there! IGN is Ahos.

Ann-gee
11-08-2012, 11:42 PM
3 am CET+1... oh Ann-Gee! whats the price? you? :P

Oh my lovely little DIZ... I didn't set the time! That was set by the sponsor... and unfortunately I have no control over it. I am just the hired help!!! *mwah*

Arawei
11-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Oh you know I will be there buffin for the Rebs again!!! DocKaz and Kadex....see ya there, lookin forward to it!

Arawei
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Bump....come on REBS sign up!!!

Harti78
11-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Saturday is waaaayyyy to oldschool, is it?
Not only is it 3 AM, but its a sunday, oh wait..its already monday. Great! Ur sponsors must have lost their mind.

Sabaac
11-12-2012, 09:58 PM
SHADE will be there too and we will have a buffbot for the rebel side doc, our sister guild Vixen is planning on having a band there so you dont have to wait for dance and music buffs you just sit join group and listen or watch in what ever order you need too.

Without the spam :)

Sabaac
11-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Saturday is waaaayyyy to oldschool, is it?
Not only is it 3 AM, but its a sunday, oh wait..its already monday. Great! Ur sponsors must have lost their mind.

wait 3 am on a monday ya sorry but we all have jobs in real life we cant do that maybe another time

Ann-gee
11-12-2012, 10:24 PM
SHADE will be there too and we will have a buffbot for the rebel side doc, our sister guild Vixen is planning on having a band there so you dont have to wait for dance and music buffs you just sit join group and listen or watch in what ever order you need too.

Without the spam :)

As we stated in the event description, Doctors and Entertainers have been provided for this event and these Docs and Ents will distribute the critical information each player will need to participate . But we certainly appreciate your offer and would love to include you in future events if you're up for that!!

RainStar
11-12-2012, 10:57 PM
As we stated in the event description, Doctors and Entertainers have been provided for this event and these Docs and Ents will distribute the critical information each player will need to participate . But we certainly appreciate your offer and would love to include you in future events if you're up for that!!

So, you down right refuse to allow others to help?

Viaron
11-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Bump....come on REBS sign up!!!
The Rebels were awesome @ the previous PvP event.
All should sign up! But you will probally catch some players that see the Skynet Broadcast but don't read the forums.

Creedis
11-12-2012, 11:33 PM
if i can finish off my template i'll attend

Arawei
11-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Will not be attending this event, sorry I do not agree that docs and ents are being excluded for preset ones. Not something I need to be at if my skills can not be utilized. Withdraw my posts telling the Rebs to sign up. Thank yall.

Superjebus
11-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Oh my lovely little DIZ... I didn't set the time! That was set by the sponsor... and unfortunately I have no control over it. I am just the hired help!!! *mwah*
So who is this nameless sponsor?

Will not be attending this event, sorry I do not agree that docs and ents are being excluded for preset ones. Not something I need to be at if my skills can not be utilized. Withdraw my posts telling the Rebs to sign up. Thank yall.
As much as I love to PvP, I'm felling very much the same here. There is way too much unnecessary secrecy and elitism with this idea, it just feels wrong.

Hedge15
11-14-2012, 03:53 AM
So who is this nameless sponsor?
Or why are they nameless.

Ann-gee
11-14-2012, 09:05 PM
So, you down right refuse to allow others to help?

Never would we refuse ANY offer of assistance, but to alleviate confusion any requests to help with the event should be directed to Evve via IGM as she is the lead player coordinator for this event. I apologize for any confusion!!

Ann-gee
11-14-2012, 09:10 PM

Apologies Kadex for any confusion. As I just replied to another quote, if you would like to be part of the team please contact Evve via IGM as she is the lead player coordinator for this event. Thanks!

easmoca
11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
For this event we have arranged for dancers and docs to supply both Rebel and Imperials, for any furture events email Evve ign and I will add you to the list :-) See you all there

easmoca
11-15-2012, 12:18 AM
No one was excluded, I arranged for the docs and dancers and I wanted guaranteed buffers for this event.......email me ign and I will naturally add you to the list of helpers for these events....Thanks again Kadex :-)

annthraxx
11-15-2012, 01:42 PM
lol sunday really? please change this to saturday.

Emerzon
11-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Will attempt to make it in support of the rebels that turn out.

easmoca
11-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Unfortunately the day cannot be changed at this late date the sponsor requested this day. I will talk to him about making it Saturdays from now on :) (Evve)

easmoca
11-16-2012, 02:06 AM
We have 2 atk dancers and a doc arranged for both Rebel and Imperial sides for buffing

easmoca
11-16-2012, 02:09 AM
you can send Evve igm with any queries and I will endevour to answer all. I will try to arrange all future pvp events to be on a saturday, I will be talking to sponsor when server is up ...Evve

Ann-gee
11-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Will attempt to make it in support of the rebels that turn out.

Thanks hun! We look forward to seeing you there :)

Toxs
11-17-2012, 12:14 AM
walking dead is on at 9pm est sunday.....

latobuck
11-17-2012, 03:18 AM
sounds like a big fight club................. Possible donation to the winner. See if I can make it or not.

kemistry
11-17-2012, 12:27 PM
is that you Evve? :D

easmoca
11-18-2012, 03:48 AM
is that you Evve? :D
Lol yep it's me -Evve

Ann-gee
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
sounds like a big fight club................. Possible donation to the winner. See if I can make it or not.

You know we would LOVE to see you at this event!! Bring your guildmates as well sir!

Creedis
11-18-2012, 11:52 PM
I LOVE battles in this game against other players so much can't hardly wait

Superjebus
11-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Can some one please explain how Joshuaa is blue and fighting, when he should be Spec Forces, and in a guild war with my guild? This is very bad for PvP.
http://i.imgur.com/beCTq.jpg

Iazan
11-19-2012, 03:11 AM
There was a 15 second delay

Superjebus
11-19-2012, 03:36 AM
Delay for what?

Iazan
11-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Delay for what?

Everything. Combat, chat, the lag was insane

Emerzon
11-19-2012, 03:40 AM

not likely

Teagress
11-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Can some one please explain how Joshuaa is blue and fighting, when he should be Spec Forces, and in a guild war with my guild? This is very bad for PvP.
http://i.imgur.com/beCTq.jpg

Yes he tried to kill me a couple times, i just ran from him because i couldn't attack him. There was a couple of blues imps running around. I wouldn't expect any less from STORM though.

Kreen
11-19-2012, 03:48 AM
Yes he tried to kill me a couple times, i just ran from him because i couldn't attack him. There was a couple of blues imps running around.

This is a known bug that happens sometimes when setting bugged factions. He was Special Forces, but you all would not see it unless you re-zoned into the world (such as in relog, or shuttle transport). It can also be fixed by re-zoning the character, which we did, and we fixed the bug for the next round.

You just have to understand that it is still an incomplete server, and there will be bugs that sometimes makes things unfair. The best course of action is to report them at www.swgemu.com/bugs

Thanks to everyone who came out! We had a lot of fun =)

Teagress
11-19-2012, 03:51 AM
This is a known bug that happens sometimes when setting bugged factions. He was Special Forces, but you all would not see it unless you re-zoned into the world (such as in relog, or shuttle transport). It can also be fixed by re-zoning the character, which we did, and we fixed the bug for the next round.

You just have to understand that it is still an incomplete server, and there will be bugs that sometimes makes things unfair. The best course of action is to report them at www.swgemu.com/bugs

This was the second or third round in this picture. Yes the third round as we had all went into the Hall. So you might have fixed him but he just went and did it again. Also Check the Battle logs Devs there was someone doing a single mind hit ( melee ) for over 3k. I was not one that got hit with it but i saw it on my group window when 2 people dropped with full minds to 0 in 0.001 seconds. Both were like WTF just happened then said they got hit by a 3000 mind hit. I thought i had been hit with it a few seconds later but checked and it was just 5 master headshots all at the same time from 5 different players.

All in all i had fun when i was not standing ontop of someone trying to hit them and it said "OUT OF RANGE" the whole time ( 50% of the matches ). I even ran pasted them thinking it was lag and they would just turn around and run the other way STILL out of range. He had like 10 mind left to and would have died had it let me hit him just once.

Superjebus
11-19-2012, 04:01 AM
If you look at my screen shot bottom right hand corner, you'll see that I let him know he was blue, just as many other people did in spacial. He came in guns blazing anyway.

Seriously though, I shouldn't be surprised by this behavior by now, <STORM>'s, and the resulting staff apathy.

annthraxx
11-19-2012, 04:03 AM
GG
10characters

Teagress
11-19-2012, 04:04 AM
If you look at my screen shot bottom right hand corner, you'll see that I let him know he was blue, just as many other people did in spacial. He came in guns blazing anyway.

Seriously though, I shouldn't be surprised by this behavior by now, <STORM>'s, and the resulting staff apathy.

In the second and third rounds he really made a mess of us as he just ran right in and lit everyone up and him being immune to any return fire. After the 2nd round many Rebels left just because of the blues fighting :'( Really can't blame them.

Superjebus
11-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Also Check the Battle logs Devs there was someone doing a single mind hit ( melee ) for over 3k. I was not one that got hit with it but i saw it on my group window when 2 people dropped with full minds to 0 in 0.001 seconds. Both were like WTF just happened then said they got hit by a 3000 mind hit.
That might be Mastajag's stun baton. It hit me a few times for over 900 in my combat log. What's that, another <STORM> member...........

Teagress
11-19-2012, 04:09 AM
That might be Mastajag's stun baton. It hit me a few times for over 900 in my combat log. What's that, another <STORM> member...........

Don't think it was him because i ran into him at the entrance and all he did was very low damage to me, my two mind hits made him turn and run out thats when i got hit with the 5 master headshots through the edge of the front wall. I thought it was him but checked the log and he was hitting me for like 90-120 max. I was around the corner and almost back in the Hall when those Headshots dropped me in the Hallway lol. Reminded me of live and the tracking bullets that go around corners :P

3rd round was my last round, My BF joined for the last round and said the rebels had like 15 total people and 7 of those were using CDF rifles. lol glad i gave up on a bugged event.

Cahain
11-19-2012, 02:18 PM
Can you please leave the recruiters there?

It was nice having an Imperial recruiter that close to Coronet and will help increase random open world PVP among the community.

Tombius
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
And then they call us carebears for not getting invlovled in pvp. This is another outstanding reason why. So after they fixed the glitched ham bars now they can attack but you cant fight back... hardly worth having youre armour blown to bits for is it?
The sooner the bugs are fixed the better as I and others want to pvp but still are not as its just impossible to play against these kiddy cheaters

Harti78
11-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Amazing how its always!! STORM thats something wrong with. I suggest everyone to cancel the GW with them. Than they can cheat on each other whilest duelling, as their only left over pvp-possibility.
Im so tired of this bull****.

Valkyra
11-19-2012, 02:44 PM

If you knew this then why did you set his faction, this only happens via slashcommands, not through the recruiter. I participated in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as a Rebel and he was like this for both.

I had fun though personally, but I left before the 4th round.

Cahain
11-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Amazing how its always!! STORM thats something wrong with. I suggest everyone to cancel the GW with them. Than they can cheat on each other whilest duelling, as their only left over pvp-possibility.
Im so tired of this bull****.I think I saw it happen to someone they were fighting in one of their videos aw well, so it might not be isolated just to them (That time, it was wasn't factional pvp though - I think it was a guild war and the blue player was another imperial who was only attack-able by a few of them (and I think he had fallen through the floor of the building, which made it even harder to hit him.)

Ann-gee
11-19-2012, 10:14 PM

Thanks to you Kreen and your group of ECs. We certainly appreciate the work that the EC team put into this event.

That being said... I personally hope that everyone, despite the bugs, had a great time. I know I did, even though I was only in a support position. And I also hope that the development team got some good data to review which will help them complete the server so we can all eventually play the game with no issues. I am pretty sure that we will plan events similar to this in the future and will endeavor to schedule events such as this so that more players can attend.

THANK YOU everyone who came out!!

joshuaa
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I was blue, but everyone could attack me (as you can see in the picture, taking damage....) you guys we're just mad you got rolled. it was a simple bug, deal with it cry babies.
On another note, that event was fun and we should have one next week.

amberedwards
11-20-2012, 12:37 AM
There will always be someone who thinks the Staff is being unfair to one side or another in PVP Events. The bug was fixed. Thanks to all who came out and enjoyed!!

Canatar
11-20-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REhmPJy4ZT0

Mokbah
11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
^ Your taste in music is still disturbing.

thepotwizard
11-22-2012, 06:25 PM
You deleted me on facebook. And now you're going to die.
wubwubwubwubwub

Teagress
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
there was 4 round was there not? Why not show round 1? oh i know why.

Joshuaa i was attacked by you and you were blue, I ran away because what good is it to stand there and let someone i can't attack kill me like the other 4 to 5 people you killed prior to running to me? Unlike them i did not stand there thinking WTF he is blue, attacking me and i cant't do anything about it ...flop dead. A good 95% of the rebels couldn't attack you directly, AoE were able to hit you though. 1 round would have been a bug more than 1 = you exploiting a bug. Truth hurts i know.