PDA

View Full Version : SWGEmu half-year financial report

Vlada
07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
SWGEmu half-year financial report

July, 2012
The SWGEmu Team

SWGEmu half-year financial report

December had a final PayPal account balance of $4,235.10. The cost of the NPO has been paid at $1,500 which left us with $2,735.10

January had 61 donations that resulted in a net amount of $1,129.49 after PayPal fees.

January had the following expenses:

FDC for three dedicated servers = $898.00
BurstNet for Windows virtual private server = $7.95
Xzibition for IRC virtual private server = $8.76
Accountant + Consultant for NPO = $300.00
TOTAL EXPENSES = $1214.71

January had a total shortfall of $85.22 with a final PayPal account balance of $2,649.88

February had 62 donations that resulted in a net amount of $820.80 after PayPal fees.

February had the following expenses:

FDC for three dedicated servers = $698.00
TOTAL EXPENSES = $1014.71

February had a total shortfall of $193.91 with a final PayPal account balance of $2,455.97

March had 66 donations that resulted in a net amount of $1011.82 after PayPal fees.

March had the following expenses:

FDC for three dedicated servers = $698.00
TOTAL EXPENSES = $1014.71

March had a total shortfall of $2.89 with a final PayPal account balance of $2,453.08

April had 65 donations that resulted in a net amount of $1,185.47 after PayPal fees.

April had the following expenses:

[*=1]FDC for a dedicated servers = $698.00[*=1]BurstNet for Windows virtual private server = $7.95[*=1]Xzibition for IRC virtual private server = $8.76[*=1]lomag.net for IRC virtual private server = $75.00[*=1]Accountant + Consultant for NPO = $300.00[*=1] TOTAL EXPENSES = $1089.71

April had a total excess of $95.76 with a final PayPal account balance of $2,548.84

May had 113 donations that resulted in a net amount of $1095.89 after PayPal fees.

May had the following expenses:

[*=1]FDC for a dedicated servers = $698.00[*=1]BurstNet for Windows virtual private server = $7.95[*=1]Xzibition for IRC virtual private server = $8.76[*=1]Invision Power Services = $175.00[*=1]Accountant + Consultant for NPO = $300.00[*=1] TOTAL EXPENSES = $1189.71

May had a total shortfall of $93.82 with a final PayPal account balance of $2,455.02

June had 286 donations that resulted in a net amount of $4,682.17 after PayPal fees.

June had the following expenses:

[*=1]FDC for a dedicated servers = $698.00[*=1]Hosting Services Inc for website and database server = $226.15[*=1]BurstNet for Windows virtual private server = $7.95[*=1]Accountant + Consultant for NPO = $300.00[*=1] TOTAL EXPENSES = $1232.10

June had a total excess of $3,450.07 with a final PayPal account balance of $5,993.09

~ The SWGEmu Team

HzGuderian
07-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Glad to see it picked up at the end there. And many thanks.

4nic8r
07-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Couple questions here. Do we pay this accountant monthly now? Also, I heard that we have consolidated to one or two boxes. Does that reflect a lower bill through FDC?
Might be a good idea to update the monthly expenses on the donation meter, some people (me included) do/do not donate when it appears that the monthly bills have been met.

Ham4478
07-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the update

Vlada
07-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Couple questions here. Do we pay this accountant monthly now? Also, I heard that we have consolidated to one or two boxes. Does that reflect a lower bill through FDC?
Might be a good idea to update the monthly expenses on the donation meter, some people (me included) do/do not donate when it appears that the monthly bills have been met.

We had to pay an accountant + consultant because of the NPO thing, it was a requirement i think. June was the last month we payed for an accountant though, from now own accountant services are going to be free. As for the second FDC box, TheAnswer and Oru decided to keep the second Denver box for backups/clustering stuff.

But yeah, we should probably change our monthly goals to reflect our costs more accurately (they should be between $1k and $1.1k atm) and maybe even consider implementing a monthly donation limit.

Artemis-x-
07-06-2012, 10:19 PM
woah woah woah, wheres the recepts for cRush's hotpants?

Iceship
07-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Thank goodness for calculators :p

Its great that the finances are doing well. I'd donate but at the time being i really can't :/

Keep up the great work Team SWGEmu!

wraken
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
woah woah woah, wheres the recepts for cRush's hotpants?

Vlada has it in his trollpants pocket =D

Evil Cyborg 10
07-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Donations are going to flood Paypal when Sunchruser goes up!

arween
07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Good to see a almost balanced paypal account :-)

4nic8r
07-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Thank you for answering my questions Vlada. Appreciate it.

jecko
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the update Vlada. Great to see the spike in donations in June. Clearly an acknowledgement of the awesomeness of the SWGEmu project by a much larger community!

ultraMAX
07-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Alright June! Thanks for donating people, I will be joining the donation pool in the near future.

Rodd
07-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Thanks for the update!

demonolithic
07-07-2012, 12:54 AM
seems the monthly donation goal needs to be raised?

oh, and kudos to whomever negotiated that $200 off the server fee!

mstalker
07-10-2012, 01:56 AM
so it looks like our median bill was around 1150, is that what we really need to be aiming at everymonth to keep this running? Or is 900 about where we need to be when you all switch accounting services?

Vlada
07-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I guess we will leave it at $900 for a while longer. We are still making some changes, moving stuff around so we wait and see.

KrazyTrumpeter05
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Good stuff. The big spike in June isn't exactly unexpected, haha. Glad to see financially everything is in good shape!

metl
07-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Oh wow. I just recently found SWGEmu and am excited to see actual financial statements. That in itself makes me want to start donating every month, on top of the amazing work everyone is doing!

BananaManUK
07-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Fundementally, a prudent future investment plan would involved finding a more capable server to both manage capacity, and overall latency issues. But, this being said these issues many be related to the current build, and or client interface.

bort1980
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Fundementally, a prudent future investment plan would involved finding a more capable server to both manage capacity, and overall latency issues. But, this being said these issues many be related to the current build, and or client interface.

At the moment, the current issues are more problems with the software, as opposed to server hardware. Don't worry though, TheAnswer will get it fixed :)

BananaManUK
07-13-2012, 08:06 PM
At the moment, the current issues are more problems with the software, as opposed to server hardware. Don't worry though, TheAnswer will get it fixed :)

Thanks for the clarification.

chamberlin
07-13-2012, 08:38 PM
it is deff. nice seeing so many people donating for the good of the game and you all are doing awesome keep up the good work.

Payret
07-14-2012, 01:03 AM
I am very happy that the donations have picked up and the finances are doing good. I will continue with my donations - it's my little
contribution to everything that you all are doing for us. I do hope sincerely that Basilisk does not wipe for a very, very long time. As for
putting a limit on donations, I dont think that's necessary, at the end if one month is short then another one compensates and expenses
are always expected. Good job devs!!! :)

johns2223
07-15-2012, 09:34 PM
yup im glad to see it picking up worthiwhile cause u wanna dance u gotta pay the band lol a lot of little donations equals one big one at the end of the month !!!!!! And thanks dev team for allowing us to play your time and effort and much appreciated !!!!!!

Majest1c
07-18-2012, 03:36 AM
I have yet to make a donation but absolutely plan to this coming pay day. I love the work the Devs are doing and can't wait for Suncrusher. Lets keep this project well funded folks! =)

Shoryuu
07-18-2012, 03:39 AM
But yeah, we should probably change our monthly goals to reflect our costs more accurately (they should be between $1k and $1.1k atm) and maybe even consider implementing a monthly donation limit.

Imo a donation limit would prevent extra money from being used toward suncrusher...

Dreamweaver4
07-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Massive fan of the Pre-CU SWG. Silly noob question here, but where is the donation button so I can throw money at my screen?

Found it. Nvm =)

Kraythunt
07-22-2012, 09:27 PM
wow, its nice to see that you guys now have a bit of money to play around with and to cover any expenses which may come in the future, i'm going to be able to contribute a little when I start getting my student loan since I highly doubt im going out that much in my next semester at university! :P

mishun
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Not to sound like an ***, but most of the people posting here have not donated .... not that it is a requirement, but I just think that is is pretty comical. The way I see it, at least $5 a month is a good way to show your true appreciation for what the EMU team has accomplished and continue to improve on. I will continue to make a monthly donation no different than if this were Live.

Rodd
08-02-2012, 10:11 PM
This is the best way to spend $5 a month imo.

Also, dont put a cap on donations. You never know when you'll need the cash. You may one day want to open up a second server, or a third, who knows. The cash on hand will only help you make this project better!

drakeneverhate
08-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Im loving this Healthy influx of both players and donations. This makes all of our dreams of what a real MMO could be in our grasp. I would personaly like to thank all involved with this project or who have donated a big THANK YOU. I would also like to add that looking into a server that has a higher maximum population might be wise with this influx of both players and donations :)

swgemuming
08-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Not to sound like an ***, but most of the people posting here have not donated .... not that it is a requirement, but I just think that is is pretty comical. The way I see it, at least $5 a month is a good way to show your true appreciation for what the EMU team has accomplished and continue to improve on. I will continue to make a monthly donation no different than if this were Live.

I agree a little can go a long way. :)

On a side note, the little gold bars didn't carry over from the old forums. I wish they did because I had put together the amount of my gaming budget for a year and donated in one lump sum. Then I left to wait for the emu to develop more before playing--came back again just last month. Also, people forget and lose their accounts, especially after a leave of absence which is common in the history of this project.
The donation bar is great to see fill up and max out every month, but along with those lucky enough in RL to be exceedingly generous than most, it would be nice to see gold bars under every user's name as a show of solidarity in mass support. :Thanx:

Etaren
08-07-2012, 12:22 AM
This thread is great! From my experience, you seldom see this kind of transparence. A half-year financial report is greatly appreciated, not just for the donators to see where their money goes but to make those who do not donate feel more inclined to do so, since you can tell where your money is going. Great initiative. :)

-Edit-
Apparently PayPal disagrees with me when it comes to linking my card. I'll just have to resolve that first in some way.

Evass Wavingfly
08-07-2012, 03:15 AM

Yep, I noticed that too, pretty funny. $5 a month is totally reasonable but there clearly is no issues making the bills. Glad to see the increase in overall donations as well. There used to be a Donate option on the front page with a drop down. I really don't understand why that was removed. Seems counter-intuitive.

Thank you for the transparency as well I really appreciate seeing how our donations are spent.

DogMeat
08-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Glad to see the Cash flow is good.
Have you thought of moving to say: www.theplanet.com ?

Far better data center and far less lag ...just sayin

whitepawrolls
09-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Yep, I noticed that too, pretty funny. $5 a month is totally reasonable but there clearly is no issues making the bills. Glad to see the increase in overall donations as well. There used to be a Donate option on the front page with a drop down. I really don't understand why that was removed. Seems counter-intuitive.

Thank you for the transparency as well I really appreciate seeing how our donations are spent.

Personally I'll start donating on a regular basis when I can actually play. Right now its VERY frustrating trying to lag fight mobs when I have to wait most of the time 2 or 3 minutes to engage. Also very frustrating to get killed/incapped with almost or full health.

dragon20011
09-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Im going to STOP all my donations, once SWGEmu can keep the game going for more then 2 days without crashing I will start my donations again. I have been donating for almost two years now, and it seems like we played alot more on Liberator then here on Basilisk.

Vlada
09-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Even though i dont see any gold bars that is your prerogative, though we are not even trying to keep a game online, we are not even hosting a game, just an Alpha server. Those that dont understand that will have hard time on both TC: Nova and Basilisk.

Anyway, financial report is there for everyone to see, but thread is closed.