PDA

View Full Version : Accounts & Multiple Accounts

mijom
06-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Accounts & Multiple Accounts

6/17/2012
The SWGEmu Team

Accounts & Multiple Accounts - 6/17/2012

As of late there has been a lot of discussion about multiple accounts abuse. SWGEmu team would like to remind all of you that our account policy is still in effect and that action will be taken against those that fail to follow our rules.

1. ACCOUNT GUIDELINES

SWGEmu Accounts are used to access the SWGEmu Network, including but not limited to: the SWGEmu Forums, Website, Test Center(s), Bug Tracker and IRC Server. All SWGEmu Users must follow the following rules in respect to their SWGEmu Account:

1.1 Multiple SWGEmu Accounts are not permitted. Each user may only have one account. Measures are incorporated to detect multiple user accounts. Please see the Account Issues Policy (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28) for help.
1.2 SWGEmu Accounts are non-transferable. Registered users are responsible for any actions that take place on their accounts or private messaging systems.
1.3 If you are banned, it is not permitted to get back to the SWGEmu Network on an alternate account. You may contact an SWGEmu Community Manager to discuss the nature of your ban and its duration via email or private message. Submit a support ticket at http://support.swgemu.com if you feel a ban has been issued unfairly.

People with legitimate multiple household accounts have nothing to worry about. Our multiple household accounts policy can be found here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28).

Once again, action will be taken against those that fail to follow these rules.

~The SWGEmu Team

Lolindir
06-17-2012, 12:31 PM
/cheer mijom

Artemis-x-
06-19-2012, 08:59 AM
i have two accounts, but only because since you were hacked i can't log into, recover, or get anyone to help recovering my old account. only so much i can do.
**edit: done and fixed ;)

Vlada
06-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Come to IRC #swgemusupport channel.

EDIT: See, much better. Sekie is amazing at this account fixing thing.

Artemis-x-
06-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Come to IRC #swgemusupport channel.

EDIT: See, much better. Sekie is amazing at this account fixing thing.
fixed and done, lovely to be back, thanks all

diceted
06-20-2012, 03:05 AM
So the answer is more than likely obvious but wanted to ask to be sure. When in-game if we see an toon with multiple accounts logged in. Is there a place to report that? I have a screenshot of a person with a toon name in this fashion (not real toon name)

TheAnser NIsnotright
NotRight NTheAnswer

Was very easy to see that the 2nd toon was on auto follow as the person running said account would 'wait' for the toon to get close to him so it could follow him/her out of the med center.

I thought it best to ask 1st just in case. I just see this as the majority try to follow the rules but the few that don't; tend to ruin it for the majority.

Rumpels
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM
So the answer is more than likely obvious but wanted to ask to be sure. When in-game if we see an toon with multiple accounts logged in. Is there a place to report that? I have a screenshot of a person with a toon name in this fashion (not real toon name)

TheAnser NIsnotright
NotRight NTheAnswer

Was very easy to see that the 2nd toon was on auto follow as the person running said account would 'wait' for the toon to get close to him so it could follow him/her out of the med center.

I thought it best to ask 1st just in case. I just see this as the majority try to follow the rules but the few that don't; tend to ruin it for the majority.

Good to have you back Artemis

*ValDarak*

akorange
06-20-2012, 04:10 PM

TheAnser NIsnotright
NotRight NTheAnswer

If you wish to report anything please log onto http://support.swgemu.com and submit a ticket. There's an option at the bottom of the ticket submission page to upload a file.

Flytoyz
06-22-2012, 10:52 AM

TheAnser NIsnotright
NotRight NTheAnswer

Could have been 2 toons, one account, correct? The names are another story.

Vlada
06-22-2012, 11:41 AM
yup.

Presle Digect
06-24-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm thankful that steps are being taken to deal with this, I myself live in a household where several of us have been keeping track of this closely (My two brothers and I) and we love this game, if somebody's making multiple accounts for some nefarious purpose, likely the ruination of the game for other players, than I wholeheartedly support this effort.

EMU FTW!

Ricochetmatt
07-12-2012, 08:22 PM
So my boyfriend and I have to share an account? We can't have our own due to living in the same house? That's kinda lame.

ktole1999
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
i think if there is a family justification then an additional account access can be requested. Ellyssia has contact info below lol

Ellyssia
07-12-2012, 08:56 PM
http://support.swgemu.com (http://support.swgemu.com/) actually

bigevil
07-12-2012, 08:57 PM
So my boyfriend and I have to share an account? We can't have our own due to living in the same house? That's kinda lame.

i think if there is a family justification then an additional account access can be requested. i think the email is support@swgemu.com and give them details.

Silly silly didn't read. :p

The link to submit for multiple household account is in the original post above, as well as here >> http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

ktole1999
07-12-2012, 09:04 PM
Silly silly didn't read. :p

The link to submit for multiple household account is in the original post above, as well as here >> http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

well i guess my info was old and outdated like i am....oops lol

diceted
07-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Could have been 2 toons, one account, correct? The names are another story.

Yes, it could have been so I just ignored it and went my way. In no way do I want to report something that i am not 100% sure of. That would not be nice/fair at all.

moxon1982
07-16-2012, 09:34 AM
Yesterday when playing a bit on Naboo I saw a Master Doctor offering his services and stating in his Macro that if anything isnt working well someone should contact him and two other toons. Is that a subject to be reported to the staff concerning multi account usage? To me his macro sounded as if he was playing 2 other toons while his macro on the Doc is running.

Lolindir
07-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Or, he can do like i often do. have one toon online all the time, sampling, while i change characters with my other legal character slot.

moxon1982
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
If that is possible okay. Then it's still strange that he was talking about two other characters you can contact if something doesnt work properly with his doc macro.

Ramakin
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Both myself and my wife play and enjoy it very much, I've submitted a ticket twice now to be on the safe side. Once a long time ago when this was first brought into force and again when the reminder came out about multiple accounts. However I have never had confirmation about this being accepted so I have taken it, that all that was need was to submit a ticket. Is this correct? Should people submitting a ticket about multiple accounts get some form of conformation they have been registered as having multiple accounts under one household?

Vlada
07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
They should.

aucob
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
What about when my brother comes over to my house? He has his own account and normally plays where he lives, but occasionally we'll both log on from the same location. Should we submit a ticket?

Vlada
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Yes.

Zyraxis
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Yesterday when playing a bit on Naboo I saw a Master Doctor offering his services and stating in his Macro that if anything isnt working well someone should contact him and two other toons. Is that a subject to be reported to the staff concerning multi account usage? To me his macro sounded as if he was playing 2 other toons while his macro on the Doc is running.

He may live with someone who has an account as well and they'll tell him that it's acting up. There are legitimate reasons that he may tell you to contact 2 other toons while running a third.

Austyramz
07-19-2012, 08:41 AM
I have 2 account but I didnt know we werent allowed to just joined emu about 2days ago just wondering how I get ahold of them so I can tell em and dont get banned lol ?

Vlada
07-19-2012, 09:02 AM
You PM me with both account details (username/email) indicating which one you want to keep.

fullafaith7777
07-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Both myself and my wife play and enjoy it very much, I've submitted a ticket twice now to be on the safe side. Once a long time ago when this was first brought into force and again when the reminder came out about multiple accounts. However I have never had confirmation about this being accepted so I have taken it, that all that was need was to submit a ticket. Is this correct? Should people submitting a ticket about multiple accounts get some form of conformation they have been registered as having multiple accounts under one household?

My husband & I play together as well. I submitted a ticket & kept checking my notification inbox on the forums. Nothing came up..however, after a couple weeks..I scanned all my e-mails from my e-mail account & there was my confirmation. I wasn't sure if you were like me & expecting your confirmation to come to your forum inbox. If so..check your e-mail account you have linked with your SWGemu account...you might find something there :) Cheers.

msandlie
07-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Someone mentioned you can somehow have a second character on the same account up and running at the same time. is this true and could this have been what you were seeing?

TheAnser NIsnotright
NotRight NTheAnswer

Mizzy
07-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I have an account and my wife has 1.dont think thats a prob seeing we both bought the game and have our own coppys.

Vlada
07-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Someone mentioned you can somehow have a second character on the same account up and running at the same time. is this true and could this have been what you were seeing?

How to run multiple instances? (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570)

Takoma
07-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I have a question for you all

Where I work there are 3 other people who play the Emu as I do, on top of this we all log in to the forums at work during our dinner hours.
Now one of us has been banned for having multiple IP's against there account, yet they know for definate that they do not operate any other accounts. They only have 1 account and yet they are banned.
Is it possible that due to the fact 4 of us work together and use the forums from work that this could ban his account?
I have a multihousehold account which was authorised as my wife and son play along side when I play.
Another person here has a multi household account due to him and his partner playing online together.
Thats 2 people of the 4 on multi households but 2 not on multi but loggin in at the same location to access forums.
Is this a banable offence as I thought it was only the game system that had this restriction not the forums??
Can we please have a clarification on this an if possible can my work colleague have his single account un-banned.
He submitted a ticket over a week ago but still has had no confirmation as to when the ticket will be looked into or resolved. A note to say that the issue would be looked into within 14 days (or whtever is deemed appropriate) would be nice, but nothing is a little strange.

Can anyone please help with this?

oehk
07-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I have a question for you all

Where I work there are 3 other people who play the Emu as I do, on top of this we all log in to the forums at work during our dinner hours.
Now one of us has been banned for having multiple IP's against there account, yet they know for definate that they do not operate any other accounts. They only have 1 account and yet they are banned.
Is it possible that due to the fact 4 of us work together and use the forums from work that this could ban his account?
I have a multihousehold account which was authorised as my wife and son play along side when I play.
Another person here has a multi household account due to him and his partner playing online together.
Thats 2 people of the 4 on multi households but 2 not on multi but loggin in at the same location to access forums.
Is this a banable offence as I thought it was only the game system that had this restriction not the forums??
Can we please have a clarification on this an if possible can my work colleague have his single account un-banned.
He submitted a ticket over a week ago but still has had no confirmation as to when the ticket will be looked into or resolved. A note to say that the issue would be looked into within 14 days (or whtever is deemed appropriate) would be nice, but nothing is a little strange.

Can anyone please help with this?

I agree about needing clarification. My son and I both play. He also logs on while at his mothers house, and I visit the forums from many different IP's including my phone (so various wifis). So when he logs on today at my house, are we both going to be banned? Yikes!

wrrlykam
07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
Interesting point. I play SWGEMU from home and while on holiday on a different mobile internet, so a different IP. My son too has dug out his SWG disks and started playing too this week so would be playing from the same IP address too. Would this be problematic.

rpratt3880
07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Interesting point. I play SWGEMU from home and while on holiday on a different mobile internet, so a different IP. My son too has dug out his SWG disks and started playing too this week so would be playing from the same IP address too. Would this be problematic.

if there are going to be any times that someone else like your child or another family member who has an account but doesnt normally play at your home is coming for a period and will be playing while there, I would suggest filing a ticket to get it authorized and explaining the situation. thats what was explained to me when I sent in a ticket asking about my sons account, since he only plays from my home during holiday breaks. always better to be safe :)

Takoma
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
My main issue which seems to have been diluted from subsequent posts is more of a workplace issue.
Not a 'household' issue.

If 4 people work for the same company, all have active, valid accounts (even just single accounts). But DO NOT live together in any shape or form, so therefore login to the game from different IP's to the game. BUT they all decide to check posts from work during there dinner hour, do they all get banned as they will all use the same IP to login to the forums.
As far as I am aware this is not in violation of any rules or policies setup and posted??
The system seems to ban all 4 of them because they are all accessing the forums from the same IP, this is non-nonsensical. They are not a household while at work they are 4 people who work together and browse forums from the 1 IP.

Does this mean they have to apply for a household account for there work IP address? Surely this is a nightmare waiting to happen for the accounts management team there? Can we please have clarification of this as soon as possible, hopefully so my work colleagues can be safe to go back online rather than being banned?

Ellyssia
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
If you're logging into either the forums or the game with multiple accounts from the same location there is the risk of triggering the detection systems.

Takoma
07-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Thank you Ellyssia for your quick reply.
It seems that this has happened to us, with your help you have un-banned my account but one of the other players MrBlobby is still banned, as we were, but has not been un-banned as yet, this is now 12 days since submitting a ticket and still having no action on his ticket.
What is the typical lead time on having an issue like this at least replied to or actioned? A lot of hassle could be removed by issuing a standard reply to new tickets that states it will be a minimum amount of days to get round to looking at the ticket. With no knowledge of how long this will take it can mean un-necessary extra work to, by yourselves, to answer posts like this or extra tickets because people have had no reply/information from you at all. It could be in the standard reply you send back as the automated reply.
He is awaiting what we thought would be a swift reply within 4-5 days but still nothing. Can you please amend your multi account sniffing software to at least not include forum login ip's?
I know you guys are all volunteers, and we are as always appreciative of what you do, but I hate seeing him turn up everyday at work crying into his cup of tea. Its very hard to take.
Could I ask a big favour and see if you could please look into his account ban as this is most obviously a mistake on your engines behalf, and please change the rule/policies page to notify people that if they login from the same IP on forums this may instigate a ban as well...

Ellyssia
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm at work right now, and can't look into account information in game, or the tickets from here, but I'll try to get to it when I get home.

mijom
07-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Thank you Ellyssia for your quick reply.
It seems that this has happened to us, with your help you have un-banned my account but one of the other players MrBlobby is still banned, as we were, but has not been un-banned as yet, this is now 12 days since submitting a ticket and still having no action on his ticket.
What is the typical lead time on having an issue like this at least replied to or actioned? A lot of hassle could be removed by issuing a standard reply to new tickets that states it will be a minimum amount of days to get round to looking at the ticket. With no knowledge of how long this will take it can mean un-necessary extra work to, by yourselves, to answer posts like this or extra tickets because people have had no reply/information from you at all. It could be in the standard reply you send back as the automated reply.
He is awaiting what we thought would be a swift reply within 4-5 days but still nothing. Can you please amend your multi account sniffing software to at least not include forum login ip's?
I know you guys are all volunteers, and we are as always appreciative of what you do, but I hate seeing him turn up everyday at work crying into his cup of tea. Its very hard to take.
Could I ask a big favour and see if you could please look into his account ban as this is most obviously a mistake on your engines behalf, and please change the rule/policies page to notify people that if they login from the same IP on forums this may instigate a ban as well...

MrBlobby is good to go again.

mrblobby
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks Ellyssia & mijom

Thought I'd never get back online.

Will stay away from the furoms at work from now on.

Takoma
07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Thank you all for your hard work you do on this, it is much appreciated, I know in RL all our times are limited, so I know how much this meant to you to do in time, so again thank you all...

sirah
07-23-2012, 09:21 PM
If multiple people simply viewing the forums from the same IP can trigger flagging a ban, then what is there to be done about people like myself who are at a university? Internally most of the campus is on private address space which is then NAT'd for internet access. Does this mean that myself and anyone else here on campus have the potential to be banned w/o even knowing each other, the IP's that would need to be reported to request multi-account access, etc, etc?!?

The more traction that this project gains, which I'm sure is starting to increase with the progress made and the release of SWTOR, the more people are going to be playing. As more people play, situations like multiple people at a work or school location simultaneously connecting through a shared IP address increases, and totally unbeknownst to the involved parties.

othinen
07-31-2012, 02:53 AM

you can have up to 10 toons. Only 2 active though. Maybe he was switching between the 2? Just a guess

macfour
08-09-2012, 06:23 AM
I have created 2 accounts .. i did not know it was against the rules.. I have one account and my daughter plays the other one.. we are often on at the same time she likes to harvest by sampling for me .. i don't want to get into trouble what should i do to avoid getting banned>>? I will submit a ticket for multiple accounts request . ho long dose this take and should one of us stop playing before it is approved>?

defensor lucis
08-09-2012, 06:37 AM

TheAnser NIsnotright
NotRight NTheAnswer

Dont forget, 2 accounts are forbitten, multible characters and dual login in ONE account are allowed. The name alone does not say something about 2 accounts. My characters have all the same family name and often I survey together with 2 toons or heal my dancer by myself. But yes it would be good to have an easy report function ingame. On the other hand, I doubt that we have enough admins with spare time to handle the tickets, right?

Demarco
08-09-2012, 06:45 AM
the word is FORBIDDEN ... Forbitten would really bite.

bigevil
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
See here for more guidance on your situation: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

thegoodfight
08-09-2012, 06:22 PM
So you can use 2 toons on the same account online at the same time but you cant have 2 accounts on the same ip ? is that right ?

Ellyssia
08-09-2012, 06:27 PM
correct. one account per person.

Ashtara20
08-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Okies so question here.. Me and my husband play together.. he has his computer and he sits across from me and plays his and I play mine.... and we are playing on the same internet just different computers... we have to submit a ticket because of this?

Demarco
08-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Okies so question here.. Me and my husband play together.. he has his computer and he sits across from me and plays his and I play mine.... and we are playing on the same internet just different computers... we have to submit a ticket because of this?

That's a BIG 10-4 Peaches. You're gonna hafta file a request to be able to do that...

Ashtara20
08-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Shoot! that totally sucks

macfour
08-11-2012, 06:20 AM
I submitted my request 3 days ago and have stopped useing the second account.. but have not heard didly so far:(

Vlada
08-11-2012, 06:46 AM
I submitted my request 3 days ago and have stopped useing the second account.. but have not heard didly so far:(

I'm sure you'll get a reply soon enough.

P.S. Fell free to use those accounts.

macfour
08-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Really i can use my second account now?
Oh bless you.. my daughter has been bugging me for three days!

Manolito
08-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I have created 2 accounts .. i did not know it was against the rules.. I have one account and my daughter plays the other one.. we are often on at the same time she likes to harvest by sampling for me .. i don't want to get into trouble what should i do to avoid getting banned>>? I will submit a ticket for multiple accounts request . ho long dose this take and should one of us stop playing before it is approved>?

your daughter likes to sample for you? 0_o

Lord_Irado
08-13-2012, 07:23 AM
It's good to know this site does not tollerate Multiple account abuser's, so many sites say they don't and yet there are so many who do it.

I applaud you!!!

Lossi8051
08-13-2012, 03:13 PM
I saw this thread today with sever being down, as with ppl above myself and my wife didnt no. I have sent in a ticket so that we arent banned or anything dont want that happening....

Hope as others above we are ok to still play together!

taylorabc97
08-13-2012, 08:32 PM
my brother plays on the same pc and he has his own account and i have mine but i ont want banned what can i do?

Ellyssia
08-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Follow instructions here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)

Demarco
08-13-2012, 09:09 PM
my brother plays on the same pc and he has his own account and i have mine but i ont want banned what can i do?

Go to the first page of this thread and follow the BLASTED instructions!!!

PhilPhilou
08-15-2012, 05:43 PM
SWG is the best!

Edited cause I read the first post!

macfour
08-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Ok I have submitted 3-4 tickets for multiple accounts.. i have received some reply's via my e-mail. but they keep saying we have not herd from you in 72 hours and they close the ticket.
Every time i try to log into the support system it tells me invalid e-mail or password but i know they are correct. I can not seem to get past this. A CSR in this thread told me to feel free to go ahead and play.. can i get some help on this?

Seiyann
12-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Well I've got 2 tied to my email addy, and can't seem to delete one as I've tried numerous times and keep getting an 'internal server error' message. My wife has an account as well and same problem as the person above. We would really like to see this succeed as we're 'beta till the end', and would even be willing to be financial supporters as well. We're both impressed with the progress that's been made in the last cpl years, but if the support issues are going to be this difficult we may have to just pass. Not what we want to do.

Vlada
12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Well I've got 2 tied to my email addy, and can't seem to delete one as I've tried numerous times and keep getting an 'internal server error' message. My wife has an account as well and same problem as the person above. We would really like to see this succeed as we're 'beta till the end', and would even be willing to be financial supporters as well. We're both impressed with the progress that's been made in the last cpl years, but if the support issues are going to be this difficult we may have to just pass. Not what we want to do.

Im sorry you have two what? Accounts? Characters? You are trying to delete them?

Did you actually contact support (http://support.swgemu.com)?

novak64
12-05-2012, 09:49 PM
I just got a ticket in as I admit I was ignorant of the rule here :( lol

What is the turn around on these sorts of tickets?

Also, should we refrain from logging into these accounts until it's all sorted? Or is it okay to carry on since the tickets in?

Viaron
12-06-2012, 10:14 AM
I just got a ticket in as I admit I was ignorant of the rule here :( lol

What is the turn around on these sorts of tickets?

Also, should we refrain from logging into these accounts until it's all sorted? Or is it okay to carry on since the tickets in?
The ticket will be processed and either declined or approved for multiple accounts. Once approved, your account will be added to the multi account list. If declined, all secondary accounts will be banned and the original account will receive a multiple account infraction.

I recommend only using the first account created from your household until your ticket has been processed.

pretender
12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
i have 1 account, had some toons i used just for surveying and have wanted to just delete them. will being able to delete toons be fixed?

Vlada
12-06-2012, 03:19 PM
i have 1 account, had some toons i used just for surveying and have wanted to just delete them. will being able to delete toons be fixed?

Eventually.

badvali
12-07-2012, 01:24 AM
That is straight forward enough. I find it difficult enough with one account just to focus. thanks devs!

GammaFIve
12-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I created a second account to the same email in confusion when the forums were changed/migrated a couple years back. Should it be deleted or just avoid logging into it?

Also any chance I can fix my forum name? The capital i was accidental.

Vlada
12-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I created a second account to the same email in confusion when the forums were changed/migrated a couple years back. Should it be deleted or just avoid logging into it?

Also any chance I can fix my forum name? The capital i was accidental.

We can disable one of your accounts if they are still active, but there is not much we can do with your username since our Global registration doesn't allow us to change usernames.

Bwill
12-09-2012, 02:19 PM
/cheer ...........

DeDestroyer
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
You guys should be happy that people are running around testing things, one downfall to SOEs version was the strict rules they tried to have, no one cares for them, and SOE has learned and adapted in newer MMOs.

Vlada
12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
You guys should be happy that people are running around testing things, one downfall to SOEs version was the strict rules they tried to have, no one cares for them, and SOE has learned and adapted in newer MMOs.

Yeah, strict rules were the downfall of SWG...

Mando Chemist
12-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Yeah, strict rules were the downfall of SWG...

Hehe... I like this statement. Almost busted out loud here in my office at work. You funny Vlada... tee-hee. And only second funny to the person who said that.

... was going to address how silly that comment was to the poster, but yeah. Just yeah.

tewbacco
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't ask for a little information regarding the "measures to detect multiple accounts" as both my wife and son are looking forward to playing too. Do these measures look for IP address? MAC? Some sort of Assigned UID? Does it detect more than 2 from one of the previous to be online at once?
I'm finally back into my favorite game of all time, and now I'm worried that I could at some point be the victim of a ban because my family wishes to play as well.

If you covered that somewhere in here I missed it, but I am curious for official word on this.

Thank you.

bbilbro
01-12-2013, 04:05 PM
I would be remiss if I didn't ask for a little information regarding the "measures to detect multiple accounts" as both my wife and son are looking forward to playing too. Do these measures look for IP address? MAC? Some sort of Assigned UID? Does it detect more than 2 from one of the previous to be online at once?
I'm finally back into my favorite game of all time, and now I'm worried that I could at some point be the victim of a ban because my family wishes to play as well.

If you covered that somewhere in here I missed it, but I am curious for official word on this.

Thank you.

All you need to do is request permissions to use multiple accounts from the same household. Details here: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

tewbacco
01-14-2013, 03:52 AM
All you need to do is request permissions to use multiple accounts from the same household. Details here: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28
Thank you very much. :-)

retireddawg
07-25-2013, 08:01 AM
now I have a problem...I have 4 kids, which all have an account, but when they are at their mom's (divorced) I log their toons on (one at a time on separate computers) and have that toon follow mine so I can help them advance while they are gone...is that ok? it's not my account and its not dual logged

Nykwuan
07-25-2013, 08:06 AM
As long as you applied for all 5 accounts and have 5 sets of disks. Multiple instances (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570&highlight=Multiple+instances) (dual logged) is allowed.
Multiple Accounts Requests & Other Account Issues
(http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)Even then you not supposed to share accounts.
1.3. Do not share accounts. There is no reason to. Any account banned for another user's actions will not be unbanned at the request of the owner (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30)

Kin-char-bamin
07-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Curiosity on this topic.
So this past weekend I flew out to see my son and I brought him his old copy of SWG (starter set) to install on his PC. I also had my Laptop with my copy already installed on it.
I knew we couldn't both play at the same time while at his house without getting the prior approval but I was wondering.
If I had logged on to my account on His PC at His house and checked my toons/houses, then later that day, he logged on to his account from that same PC, would that cause a red flag?
Two different accounts, same computer but not simultaneous logins. I figured it might be a problem so I didn't do it, but I was just curious.

Thanks and it's so much fun to be playing cross-country with my son again! He was post CU when he started so he has a lot to learn and I'm having a great time teaching him!

bisman
07-26-2013, 11:19 AM
My wife and I just went through the 2 accounts in a house thing and they were very quick to deal with and straighten out the situation...Send in a ticket and include account names and email addresses...TS

Jabosha88
09-09-2013, 12:46 AM
I have a question. I forgot my password and couldn't get the email sent to the email that is on file, where would I do this. The only way I knew how to get on these forums to ask was to make another account. I understand if you ban me as it's my own fault. An answer for the future would be ok I guess.

Vlada
09-09-2013, 01:11 AM
We do have live support or you can always submit a ticket to our support. Both links and guides on how to do it are in the Navigation bar.

Fio
09-09-2013, 09:09 AM
So what brought this on? A sudden crack down, or a reminder out of the blue? Or is it just mods again who want to flex some Epeen. Interesting nevertheless.

Accounts & Multiple Accounts

6/17/2012
The SWGEmu Team

Accounts & Multiple Accounts - 6/17/2012

As of late there has been a lot of discussion about multiple accounts abuse. SWGEmu team would like to remind all of you that our account policy is still in effect and that action will be taken against those that fail to follow our rules.

People with legitimate multiple household accounts have nothing to worry about. Our multiple household accounts policy can be found here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28).

Once again, action will be taken against those that fail to follow these rules.

~The SWGEmu Team

Viaron
09-09-2013, 09:27 AM
So what brought this on? A sudden crack down, or a reminder out of the blue? Or is it just mods again who want to flex some Epeen. Interesting nevertheless.

Well, this was posted on 6/17/2012. Over a year ago. It was brought on by a backed excess amount of multiple accounts or more so the community thinking there was a lot more multiple accounts and threads were everywhere about it. Thus, this post.

Vlada
09-09-2013, 11:01 AM
So what brought this on?

A necro?

Fio
09-10-2013, 07:37 AM
A necro?

Philiac mmm good for you...

Jabosha88
09-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Thank you very much Vlada :-)

Javier1994
09-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Well,i will probably end up baned...
I have 2 accounts,but the first account doesn't have any characters..I made my first character 2 days ago but i deleted it and wanted to make a new one...i forgot about the 24h character creation (i have no idea why would be the 24h) and made another account...i was in game and i was talking with someone and we talked about this,i told him this is my second account and he told me that it's possible to get in trouble,so i made this post to see what are the consequences for what i did because it's better to say then to keep it for myself.

Vlada
09-26-2013, 09:34 AM
Well,i will probably end up baned...
I have 2 accounts,but the first account doesn't have any characters..I made my first character 2 days ago but i deleted it and wanted to make a new one...i forgot about the 24h character creation (i have no idea why would be the 24h) and made another account...i was in game and i was talking with someone and we talked about this,i told him this is my second account and he told me that it's possible to get in trouble,so i made this post to see what are the consequences for what i did because it's better to say then to keep it for myself.

PM me or submit a ticket to http://support.swgemu.com

Javier1994
09-26-2013, 11:07 AM
After i made the ticket,now what do i have to do?I will get the response on my email?

Vlada
09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
After i made the ticket,now what do i have to do?I will get the response on my email?

Yup.

Kin-char-bamin
09-26-2013, 11:26 AM
You will get a response via email (at least I know I did).

Right now they are having issues with the login server so nobody can get in right now anyway.

Dang it, Vlada's too fast!

Kin-char-bamin
The Jedi Dad
As seen on MTV True Life: I have Embarrassing Parents (2003)

Lopez321
09-26-2013, 01:41 PM
Vlada,now i can remain with this account?

Javier1994

Vlada
09-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Yup. You're good to go.

Lopez321
09-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Thank you for you'r help

Dipschnozzle
11-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Just saw this and had a question. I have two accounts on one email and have not used one of them yet. How do i turn off or delete the account. Also i have two people playing from my house and am wondering if this is based on IP Address. If so it will show two accounts. My wife plays also. Will this get me banned and is there something i can do to keep from getting banned?

Niffer1976
11-19-2013, 07:21 PM
Our Multiple Account Rules:
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

(http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)

Vlada
11-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Just saw this and had a question. I have two accounts on one email and have not used one of them yet. How do i turn off or delete the account. Also i have two people playing from my house and am wondering if this is based on IP Address. If so it will show two accounts. My wife plays also. Will this get me banned and is there something i can do to keep from getting banned?

1. Two accounts issue, you need to contact support (http://support.swgemu.com) and ask them to disable/ban one of them. We cant delete accounts because of our global registration.
2. Multiple household accounts need to be reported to us aka our support (same address as above). You need to submit a ticket with all the details listed in here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28). If you need any more help people from support will give you further instructions.

Please note: you can submit just one ticket for both issues.

KOOLLAYDTAC
11-24-2013, 10:27 PM
I could be wrong, but I think having two accounts to play from will cause you the issue. If ya never logged game with the extra one I wouldn't bother with it. Just use the one. Reason I say this is cause friend came back to the emu and forgot thier info or email they even used and created a new one and since they had not played in ages since the server wipe they have not had no issues. They just use the one account now. You just can't be jackin game from 50 dozen accounts is all. Once ya tell them who plays in ya house you should be all set.

Varanis_Black
12-28-2013, 03:48 PM
My question is, with the new forums, server changes and launch pad would you still have my multiple account permission saved?
It has been a couple years since me, my wife and soninlaw all were gaming on the same PC, I have no clue of my wife or soninlaws information. He logs in from his own PC but he may also log in here from time to time.
I am at a different IP as the one when I was granted permissions for my wife and soninlaws access and it was well before Basilisk was implemented.
do I need to re do the permissions? if so I have lost access to the old E-mail account and would need the E-mail changed.

Vlada
12-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Couple of years? Your account is registered in July 2013

Shellski
01-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Just wanted to say that I did the multiple accounts for me and my hubby, and within 5 minutes Niffer had actioned it - excellent service ty x

Viaron
01-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Isn't Sniffer Truly Amazing! Wow I am a kiss ***.
:blastaway:

Varanis_Black
01-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Couple of years? Your account is registered in July 2013
AHH that's rite I did have to remake it due to the E-mail issue! OK then the old one was deleted!! My wife's was at comanche157, and they were active I believe in around 08' or 09'
you can check under her E-mail account to be sure.
I had to make another account due to the issue with my e-mail being hacked, and you should have already had that one removed,
So I will need to re apply before any one gets on this PC at this location again, I will PM you with my son in laws and granddaughters info when i get it

Vlada
01-02-2014, 08:15 AM
You need to submit a ticket to http://support.swgemu.com

Technech
01-15-2014, 02:25 PM
What If I owned multiple Digital Download copies of the game? No CDs, (wel actualy, one set of CDs I have) My son and daughter wants to play too.

Vlada
01-15-2014, 03:26 PM
What If I owned multiple Digital Download copies of the game? No CDs, (wel actualy, one set of CDs I have) My son and daughter wants to play too.

Pleae submit a ticket to http://support.swgemu.com

shlankville
01-25-2014, 05:50 PM
How do I know if my request has been actioned?

Vlada
01-25-2014, 05:54 PM

You will get a reply.

weedie
01-25-2014, 05:55 PM
If you submitted a ticket at support.swgemu.com you will receive an e-mail back with either request for more information or approval.

Lolindir
01-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Make sure our reply to your ticket do not go in to your spam filter.

Ezekial_Karn
02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
I have heard that if you have multiple copies of the game you can have multiple accounts running from the same household. Currently I am the only one playing here but there are others I live with that used to play and would like to as well and thus would require a second account at my home which would share the same public IP.

Vlada
02-03-2014, 09:41 AM
I have heard that if you have multiple copies of the game you can have multiple accounts running from the same household. Currently I am the only one playing here but there are others I live with that used to play and would like to as well and thus would require a second account at my home which would share the same public IP.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

Ilatoz
02-28-2014, 03:51 AM
Can I install on other computer to test if its capable of running the game to begin with flawlessly before going ahead to order an expensive gamecopy of the game via web?, and possibly get banned? or Do i have to buy the copy to waste money on a computer that cannot run it?, (Highest i saw went for ALOT, Since the game is rare nowdays). Question why im asking is because the other computer is a laptop on a home network. And unsure with them laptops if its capable of runing the game since Graphic adapters are not recognized for very many games with integrated cards.

Baebar
02-28-2014, 10:12 AM
I have my game installed on my laptop for evenings when I want to play sat in the lounge with the wife and also on my PC in the study for the nights I don't want to see her face :) I am assuming that's permitted, as I did the same when game was live. However, our housemate is also using my copy of the game, does he need to uninstall and buy another copy?

Cheers

Lolindir
02-28-2014, 11:09 AM
Can I install on other computer to test if its capable of running the game to begin with flawlessly before going ahead to order an expensive gamecopy of the game via web?, and possibly get banned? or Do i have to buy the copy to waste money on a computer that cannot run it?, (Highest i saw went for ALOT, Since the game is rare nowdays). Question why im asking is because the other computer is a laptop on a home network. And unsure with them laptops if its capable of runing the game since Graphic adapters are not recognized for very many games with integrated cards.

You will need a legal copy of the game.

I have my game installed on my laptop for evenings when I want to play sat in the lounge with the wife and also on my PC in the study for the nights I don't want to see her face I am assuming that's permitted, as I did the same when game was live. However, our housemate is also using my copy of the game, does he need to uninstall and buy another copy?

Cheers
Your house mate need his own copy and you will have to request multiple household accounts if you play from the same IP.

Lolindir
02-28-2014, 11:09 AM

I have my game installed on my laptop for evenings when I want to play sat in the lounge with the wife and also on my PC in the study for the nights I don't want to see her face I am assuming that's permitted, as I did the same when game was live. However, our housemate is also using my copy of the game, does he need to uninstall and buy another copy?

Cheers
Your house mate need his own copy and you will have to request multiple household accounts if you play from the same IP.

diskord
03-03-2014, 04:52 PM

You can pick up the game for around $20 on ebay. You can also get them used on amazon for a little bit more $35-40

arrakeens
03-07-2014, 05:27 PM

That's what I did but CSR Niffer banned my brother's account and didn't want to hear anything about it.

we both have a PC but in differents rooms. Mine is new and my brother's PC is very old. He often plays on mine when I'm at work, but when he plays my entertrainer is dancing in another session, so he's been banned for logging into other's account ... it's so stupide ... I really don't understand why ...

I sent him a picture of the 2 legal boxes ( we had both an account on Kauri, so we have 2 boxes )... he doesn't care ...

What can we do else?

Lolindir
03-07-2014, 05:33 PM
I can tell you that your issue will not be solved on our forum. You need to head on over to support and send them a ticket. That is the only way this can be solved. Links to support is in my sig

enak
03-07-2014, 05:45 PM
just a quicky..... my boy has a swgemu account and plays tha game if he logged on my pc would he get banned because i play it too or do i have to submit a ticket for him to play on my pc....... he doesnt live with me and i only have him at weekends..

Lolindir
03-07-2014, 05:50 PM
It do not matter if you play on the same computer or different computers. As long as you share the same internet connection, you will have the same IP. If you have more than one account on the same IP, you will need to request multiple household accounts.

As I understand you, you are in violation of our rules. Head on over to our support and place a ticket for multiple accounts. Remember to check your spam filter if you do not get a reply from us. Some mail providers report us as spam.

enak
03-07-2014, 06:06 PM
i havent let him log in yet on my pc so will submit a ticket tnxs for quick reply

arrakeens
03-07-2014, 07:25 PM
maybe will you be more lucky than us ...

Lord Kohan
06-25-2014, 09:38 AM
i am on my holidays in a few days and wanted to ask if its possible to install the game on my laptop to be able to play with my account there as well. is that possible?

in other words:

got my game on my homecomputer - want to play in my holidays on my laptop?

thx in advance

sgtfunkadelic
06-25-2014, 10:46 AM
i am on my holidays in a few days and wanted to ask if its possible to install the game on my laptop to be able to play with my account there as well. is that possible?

in other words: got my game on my homecomputer - want to play in my holidays on my laptop? thx in advance

As long as you're not staying at the same place as another SWGEmu player you shouldn't have a problem and don't have to apply for multiple accounts.
It's possible though that you won't be able to connect to the login server if you're staying at a hotel or such as they often use VPNs.

Lord Kohan
06-25-2014, 11:17 AM
thx for the quick answer :)

djphllps
07-14-2015, 10:42 AM
My question is what if my license was from steam.....do I just send you a picture of it in my games list along with the disks of the other users in my house

Vlada
07-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Just contact support they will give you all the details.

aynfarika
12-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Here is my question I have one account if I create 2 characters and play one on computer can I log in on a second computer with the other character? (I get confused with multiple windows on one computer lol)

weedie
12-23-2015, 01:31 PM
Here is my question I have one account if I create 2 characters and play one on computer can I log in on a second computer with the other character? (I get confused with multiple windows on one computer lol)
Yes, since you can have two characters logged in from the same account you can run them on two different computers. Not against the rules. And to clarify again, just in case, those two characters have to be from the same account; more than one account per person is not allowed.

aynfarika
12-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Yes, since you can have two characters logged in from the same account you can run them on two different computers. Not against the rules. And to clarify again, just in case, those two characters have to be from the same account; more than one account per person is not allowed.

Great thank you so this means my husband can play the other character? and I can have up to 10 characters for that one account. But only 2 can be logged in at the same time just to clarify right?

weedie
12-23-2015, 02:04 PM
Great thank you so this means my husband can play the other character? and I can have up to 10 characters for that one account. But only 2 can be logged in at the same time just to clarify right?
No, account sharing is not permitted. It's one account per person, and only that person is allowed to use that particular account (family or not). If your husband would like to play you will need to purchase a second set of CDs for him and apply for multiple household accounts approval (as described here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28))

aynfarika
12-23-2015, 03:31 PM
No, account sharing is not permitted. It's one account per person, and only that person is allowed to use that particular account (family or not). If your husband would like to play you will need to purchase a second set of CDs for him and apply for multiple household accounts approval (as described here (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28))

He has an account already but I don't recall if I requested approval for it is there a way I can check?

Lolindir
12-23-2015, 03:43 PM
You are not approved for multiple accounts. Please follow weedies link and start the process.

darth8875
01-06-2016, 01:42 AM
What exactly is the reason for being so hellbent on folks not having two accounts?

And what is wrong with a man and his wife each having a toon on the same account so they can play together?

I do not see where either of those things would be the end of the universe in any way........am I missing something.

Vlada
01-06-2016, 07:03 AM
What exactly is the reason for being so hellbent on folks not having two accounts?

And what is wrong with a man and his wife each having a toon on the same account so they can play together?

I do not see where either of those things would be the end of the universe in any way........am I missing something.

Well for start, you can create 10 different characters on a single account and have 2 of them online at the same time. You don't really need a second account. Aslo if you do something dumb and force us to ban you well, banning one account instead of 184989232 is much less time consuming.

As for account sharing with others, well that only prevents people from giving each other their account details and allowing them to run yet again multiple accounts (explanation above).

Mistress Aerea
01-06-2016, 07:04 AM

Both of these are violations of copyright, which the original software is still under. By allowing either, the entire SWGEmu project could be put at risk.

Hodo
01-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Both of these are violations of copyright, which the original software is still under. By allowing either, the entire SWGEmu project could be put at risk.
Well at least for another 55years or so, then the copyright will expire.