PDA

View Full Version : June 11th wipe

cru jodo
06-09-2012, 12:13 PM
June 11th wipe

6/9/2012
The SWGEmu Team

June 11th wipe on June 11th

Stress testing on Basilisk is coming to an end, and we are rite on the schedule. The Basilisk server will be wiped on June 11th for the start of our play-test Alpha server. Server will be taken offline around 9AM EST (check your local time here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=June+11th+Basilisk+wipe&iso=20120611T09&p1=179)) and replaced with the latest stable code. Because quite a few things need to be tested before Basilisk is open public again, whole process will take several hours.

Current Basilisk bugs and broken or missing professions

A lot of reported bugs are already fixed on Nova, and those fixes will transfer to Basilisk after the wipe. Professions such as Creature Handler, Droid Engineer, Bio Engineer, Commando, DOT weapons, creatures not dropping aggro, GCW will remain unavailable/broken for the time being, they will be added at the later date.

Bazaar revamp

PLEASE NOTE: Bazaar terminals and vendors are undergoing a revamp, and will be disabled for up to a week. You can still use manual trades or Basilisk Trade forums (https://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196).

Jedi on Basilisk

Players wont be able to unlock Jedi before Village system too is added, tested on TC: Nova and deemed ready.

Hologrind will have no effect on obtaining Jedi on basilisk. Don't waste your time with it.

Follow the Village Jedi guides up to the point that you are waiting for the old man to appear. When Village gets implemented, he will appear.

Character limits

2 online, 10 characters max (deleted characters don't count), 1 created per day

Basilisk bugs and bug reports

Testing is still being done on TC NOVA, Basilisk will become a play server. If you encounter a bug on Basilisk, please try to reproduce it on NOVA. TC NOVA will often be fixed before Basilisk, and there may not be a need to create redundant bug reports. As an alternative you can contact Aceblade or Wuzze on IRC or by email aceblade@swgemu.com or wuzze@swgemu.com

Basilisk fixes and updates

All new updates will be tested on Nova first and after they are deemed stable they will be pushed on Basilisk, every weekend or Monday.

~The SWGEmu Team

makednoce
06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
First! Great looking Foward to play Basilik.

Vidoa
06-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Brilliant job

Sumane
06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
roll on Monday :)

conmcb25
06-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the update

arween
06-09-2012, 12:32 PM
can't wait, but time goes by so slowly :-)

brilliant job so far, on June 11th, SWG will be reborn!

badvali
06-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Brillant. At last! Let's roll!

Canatar
06-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Great looking Foward to be playing Basilik soon.

http://w.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/lolbron.gif

Onsa
06-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Great looking Foward to play Basilik.

http://w.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/lolbron.gif

I could watch this all day lol

weedie
06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Awesome, so excited! Thank you for the update.

dgi6d3
06-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Jedi on Basilisk

Players wont be able to unlock Jedi before Village system too is added, tested on TC: Nova and deemed ready.

I thought they were saying there will be a hologrind and that Jedi will be attainable starting the 11th via the hologrind. Maybe I'm reading this wrong or just heard wrong previously.

Zop
06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Jedi on Basilisk

I thought they were saying there will be a hologrind and that Jedi will be attainable starting the 11th via the hologrind. Maybe I'm reading this wrong or just heard wrong previously.

That was the case, but with life all things are subject to change.

Great job team, keep up the good work.

haplovoss
06-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Schweet. I'm off on Monday and my first vacation in forever starts on the 14th! Time for some Ranger and Artisan in the wild! Wow... I know I don't have CH or DE yet, but how cool is it I'm gonna have harvesters, a huge house to keep all my stoofs in. Backpacks and ... oh man just friggin awesome!

Thanks all!
- Hap

mmcrimson
06-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I could almost pop :) im a Old! kid ready to squirm out of my seat :) and the 2 chars at a time.. YES!!!! I love you guys!

Zerophaze
06-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I want you guys to know that we all appreciate the hard work you do to make this emulator possible. It is coming along great! Ive recently became a little more involved with the community and the community as a whole is a great community. Ive been ghosting this since 2006. I tip my hat to the people who work diligently to bring back what was the best MMORPG in my honest opinion. So lets all get out there and show our support, finding bugs and assisting the team in whatever way we can possibly do so.

Thanks you guys, you all kick total ***!

Rodd
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I am friggin AMPED to place my house on Lok!

regnar69
06-09-2012, 04:03 PM
I had lost my SWG cd's and was tearing the house apart looking for them to install then realized Amazon had a disc set for $5 ..woohooo .. the package arrives Monday... hopefully I can get it installed and online by Monday night... How big is the patch once the game is loaded?

Talon
06-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Gotta love this stuff!

Monday is me day off which is awesome for me lol

Hopefully all goes smoothly and things are up and running fairly early hehe

Good job on the one toon per day...that'll make sure it's a nice even start...just hope we don't miss out too much on any good resources!

bluree
06-09-2012, 04:17 PM
[phead]June 11th wipe

A lot of reported bugs are already fixed on Nova, and those fixes will transfer to Basilisk after the wipe. Professions such as Creature Handler, Droid Engineer, Bio Engineer, Commando, DOT weapons, creatures not dropping aggro, GCW will remain unavailable/broken for the time being, they will be added at the later date.

Jedi on Basilisk

I bet there will still be ATLEAST 8 threads a week still asking about these....

bigevil
06-09-2012, 04:26 PM

You could have everyone have to digitally sign that they read the announcement and you'll still get 5 by weeks end......at least :)

Bostwain
06-09-2012, 04:27 PM
You spelt right wrong.

Sumane
06-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Jedi on Basilisk

lol well said bluree, however I would like a bit of clarification on this subject.

1. It is said that Jedi will not be implemented until "the Village too is added" I take this to believe that both hologrind and village will be active at the same time, is that correct?

2. If answer to question 1 is correct, will players have to choose between hologrind and village, or will they have to do both?

3. Will players be credited for hologrinding from June 11th? or will it only be from when Jedi is implemented? (is it a waste of time hologrinding from Monday?)

4. If players have to do both the hologrind AND the village, will the exp requirement for village grinding be reduced? Because at 14.1 players needed to acquire approximately 120 million weapons exp, to trade in at 30 to 1 (along with combat exp at 3 to 1) in order to achieve the required force sensitive exp for the 6 FS lines for Jedi. If this is in addition to the hologrind, it will take the average HARDCORE, 20 hours per week player, about 2 years to unlock. That is constant Jedi grinding, it would be a deader server than liberator was at the end.

cRush
06-09-2012, 04:42 PM
No, hologrind will have no effect on obtaining Jedi on basilisk. Don't waste your time with it.

Follow the Village Jedi guides up to the point that you are waiting for the old man to appear. When Village gets implemented, he will appear.

Sumane
06-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Redundant post after cRush answered my questions.

Sumane
06-09-2012, 04:50 PM
No, hologrind will have no effect on obtaining Jedi on basilisk. Don't waste your time with it.

ty very much, exactly what I needed :)

chiwar7178
06-09-2012, 04:51 PM
1 Character per day creation limit, 10 max, and 2 online... How can we get two toons online the first day, if we can only create one a day? :P

Not a big deal. I play while I'm at work, since I'm just an electronics babysitter.

Vlada
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
can I ask why?

Look above, cRush explained what you have to do to unlock Jedi on Bas.

P.S. Ill add his post to the OP.

Demarco
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fkf94Wv1S1I/Tha6vF2Qj9I/AAAAAAAACPQ/SwExTFElV9g/s320/ShatKhan.jpg

DEAR GAWD! NOT THE VILLAGE!!!

calous
06-09-2012, 05:20 PM
I suppose it will have to be tweaked, because there are no themeparks on the game at all atm.

cRush
06-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I suppose it will have to be tweaked, because there are no themeparks on the game at all atm.

Well, obviously you can't unlock until we implement those either.

Emerzon
06-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks for update, great work team.

Scimi
06-09-2012, 05:47 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fkf94Wv1S1I/Tha6vF2Qj9I/AAAAAAAACPQ/SwExTFElV9g/s320/ShatKhan.jpg

DEAR GAWD! NOT THE VILLAGE!!!

LOLz, hes dead Jim!

Talon
06-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Will Test Center still be subject to rampant wipes?

Or will it also have a bit more staying power?

Also will it still be unrestricted as far as character creation goes?

lilbrp
06-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Ok, I don't think I see any links (and I probably won't go to the effort knowing it'll be wiped eventually) but just in case...

The post says "Follow the Village Jedi guides up to the point that you are waiting for the old man to appear. When Village gets implemented, he will appear."

From what I read (I grinded jedi before this in live) to get the old man to appear you need to get badges, which include theme parks. The theme parks are not currently in game, correct? So you can't get the old man to appear unless they've changed the pathway, which would mean the old village jedi guides are not correct.

Aceblade
06-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Will Test Center still be subject to rampant wipes?

Or will it also have a bit more staying power?

As we have to test "patches" on Nova it may have a bit more staying power but a wipe can happen at any time. We haven't been wiped now for a decent amount of time already but if we are wiped the frogs are there to get you somewhat back up to speed.

Ok, I don't think I see any links (and I probably won't go to the effort knowing it'll be wiped eventually) but just in case...

The post says "Follow the Village Jedi guides up to the point that you are waiting for the old man to appear. When Village gets implemented, he will appear."

From what I read (I grinded jedi before this in live) to get the old man to appear you need to get badges, which include theme parks. The theme parks are not currently in game, correct? So you can't get the old man to appear unless they've changed the pathway, which would mean the old village jedi guides are not correct.

As cRush mentioned those will have to be coded in.

Vlada
06-09-2012, 06:14 PM

No, it means that themeparks need to be added or you wont be able to unlock.

Demarco
06-09-2012, 06:26 PM
http://marissaaross.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/austin-powers-poster1.jpg?w=420

Whoa! Baby, We just got our Mojo BACK!.... We can shag a few Entertainers in the Cantina Baby and worry about that Village later. GRrrr! Yeah BABY YEAH!!!

ekimocyc
06-09-2012, 06:28 PM
i really think jedi should not even be a concern if you want to play jedi go play tor. what got me is the fact the creatures are still gonna be broke and the rest of profession are not even being looked at. who cares about jedi they are all dead and should stay dead. ch de be commando gcw should be all worked on waaaay before any jedi stuff. this is not a good i am tired of krayts nargs being dragged to the Catina's.

EVILJUDE
06-09-2012, 06:35 PM
wow, did i pick the perfect week to be off or what.

Demarco
06-09-2012, 06:36 PM
http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/dr_evil.jpg

Dr.EVIL here... I'm the the OLD man you all want to see in your vision....
I'll hold your Jedi dreams hostasage for 60 BILLION XP!!!! MUHaaaaahaaahaaahhaaa!!

Talon
06-09-2012, 06:37 PM
i really think jedi should not even be a concern if you want to play jedi go play tor. what got me is the fact the creatures are still gonna be broke and the rest of profession are not even being looked at. who cares about jedi they are all dead and should stay dead. ch de be commando gcw should be all worked on waaaay before any jedi stuff. this is not a good i am tired of krayts nargs being dragged to the Catina's.

Hey it's a volunteer project...let em do what they do best and enjoy the ride.

Demarco
06-09-2012, 06:50 PM

I don't want to go all negative here but I have to hope they have corrected the spawning issues a bit and the odd invasions of the cantinas should stop.

The professions are top priority I thought, I was under impression the CH and DE professions were actively being worked to get them online as soon as possible. It was posted the other day about the state of Droid Engineers as far as what was being fixed, a check list was posted that was extensive. So I know they are plugging along there.

Jedi is a dream to a lot of players but I wonder how many realize the WORK involved. This version of the game won't see Jedi until December even if the village is installed. And those Jedi will be hunted down and killed like rats.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this game is NOT a race... it's a journey. Everyone just relax and enjoy the ride.

Arulius
06-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Nice work guys and gals!

The toon limits that you decided to go with look pretty fair. This is going to be an interesting week for sure.

Here's to an awesome project with an awesome team!!!

tanneng
06-09-2012, 07:37 PM
" A lot of reported bugs are already fixed on Nova, and those fixes will transfer to Basilisk after the wipe. Professions such as Creature Handler, Droid Engineer, Bio Engineer, Commando, DOT weapons, creatures not dropping aggro, GCW will remain unavailable/broken for the time being, they will be added at the later date. "

As excited as I am about what to expect on Monday I have to say that this creatures bug is still going to be a BIG issue for people. I am a little disappointed that it wasn't dealt with already. It is THE major bug in the game right now as it makes walking out to easy mission lairs almost impossible and usually ends up with a quick trip to the cloner, then spending time getting wounds healed, buffed back up again and then walking back out to those missions. This is a major game breaker at this point. It needs to be first priority.

Sumane
06-09-2012, 07:50 PM

I dont want to play a jedi to brandish a saber, I can do that in any of the 6 billion star wars games out there. I want to play Jedi because of the strategic play style involved, with regards to pvp bh's, lack of armour against high end creatures. This game has a lot of interesting challenges that I will enjoy and I want Jedi to be one of them, playing TOR has got nothing to do with being a Jedi. TOR is a single player game I can play with others, just because I have a lightsaber in my hand doesnt satisfy my desire to play as a pre-cu Jedi.

I want those other professions fixed also, but I will let the devs decide what they think is best to work on.

I don't want to go all negative here but I have to hope they have corrected the spawning issues a bit and the odd invasions of the cantinas should stop.

The professions are top priority I thought, I was under impression the CH and DE professions were actively being worked to get them online as soon as possible. It was posted the other day about the state of Droid Engineers as far as what was being fixed, a check list was posted that was extensive. So I know they are plugging along there.

Jedi is a dream to a lot of players but I wonder how many realize the WORK involved. This version of the game won't see Jedi until December even if the village is installed. And those Jedi will be hunted down and killed like rats.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this game is NOT a race... it's a journey. Everyone just relax and enjoy the ride.

I love it when people pull dates out of their backside.

If we wont see Jedi until december, what makes you think we will see any major updates before december?

krush
06-09-2012, 07:58 PM
[phead]June 11th wipe

So I have two questions: 1) Will we expect the Alpha server to go up and down like it has been? While it's stayed up a few days in a row lately, it has been going up and down and reset quite often. The answer to this will then trigger my next question, which would be: Is the harvester hopper reset bug fixed? Checking Mantis, it still looks open to me. Is this one of the 'a lot of bugs fixed' or no? Because if not, there's no reason to waste time and credits on these things if they are going to be empty every day, unless the server is going to stay up for weeks without getting reset, then I won't worry about it. :)

Demarco
06-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I love it when people pull dates out of their backside.

If we wont see Jedi until december, what makes you think we will see any major updates before december?

SUMANE:

I think you you should READ before you critque things just a bit better.

I wrote " Jedi is a dream to a lot of players but I wonder how many realize the WORK involved. This version of the game won't see Jedi until December even if the village is installed. And those Jedi will be hunted down and killed like rats."

Meaning that even if the village was in TODAY, it take's MONTHS to complete the missions and achieve the required XP to get the JEDI title. And if you know this version of the game, the fledgling Jedi were weak and HUNTED for bounties so much so that it was more profitable to be a BH in many cases than to try to go any where as a Jedi for a good while.

If YOU read that any other way..... you misunderstood completely.

chiwar7178
06-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Goodbye social life. Oh, that's right: I don't have a social life. I'm a civilian in Afghanistan. At least there's the POSSIBILITY of decent old-school gaming goodness. :D

SWGEmu r0x0rz!
/kowtow devs & staff

Vlada
06-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Is the harvester hopper reset bug fixed? Checking Mantis, it still looks open to me. Is this one of the 'a lot of bugs fixed' or no? Because if not, there's no reason to waste time and credits on these things if they are going to be empty every day, unless the server is going to stay up for weeks without getting reset, then I won't worry about it. :)

If its not now it will be down the road. Everything that is broken will eventually be fixed.

HugizzaToss
06-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Good day monday then... England in euros at 5 (C'MON ENGLAND) then few hours later, hopefully servers up :)

Vlu Dagoth
06-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Sweet, sweet progress.

retto
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
did we hear any sort of timeline for when the server is supposed to come back up on monday ?

someone scheduled me a dentist appointment for that day ............ who does that ?

also THANK YOU ! all of you on the staff are just super !

Vidoa
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Good day monday then... England in euros at 5 (C'MON ENGLAND) then few hours later, hopefully servers up :)

England is never as good as when they are hurt. Good luck my british friends

-Darkstar-
06-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Man, I cannot wait to get started. I'm so glad my schooling doesn't start until the 18th.

i really think jedi should not even be a concern if you want to play jedi go play tor.

If you want to play a star wars game without Jedi then you are playing the wrong game.

Sumane
06-09-2012, 11:57 PM
SUMANE:

I think you you should READ before you critque things just a bit better.

I wrote " Jedi is a dream to a lot of players but I wonder how many realize the WORK involved. This version of the game won't see Jedi until December even if the village is installed. And those Jedi will be hunted down and killed like rats."

Meaning that even if the village was in TODAY, it take's MONTHS to complete the missions and achieve the required XP to get the JEDI title. And if you know this version of the game, the fledgling Jedi were weak and HUNTED for bounties so much so that it was more profitable to be a BH in many cases than to try to go any where as a Jedi for a good while.

If YOU read that any other way..... you misunderstood completely.

my mistake I thought you were talking about the implementation of Jedi.

having said that, the village phases lasted 3 weeks, a player needed to complete 6 phases in order to unlock the 6 FS branches. This would be done in 15 weeks or 3.5 months, so from when Jedi gets implemented it will be atleast 3.5 months until we see Jedi.

Psychodad
06-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Awesome news. Thank you devs!

badvali
06-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Again, my thanks. I thought when SOE pulled it...we were done but to find this and the fact that we were back to the original game is beyond hopes. thanks

kinserrc
06-10-2012, 01:35 AM
As excited as I am about what to expect on Monday I have to say that this creatures bug is still going to be a BIG issue for people. I am a little disappointed that it wasn't dealt with already. It is THE major bug in the game right now as it makes walking out to easy mission lairs almost impossible and usually ends up with a quick trip to the cloner, then spending time getting wounds healed, buffed back up again and then walking back out to those missions. This is a major game breaker at this point. It needs to be first priority.
Leave Tat, problem solved.

Nikaty
06-10-2012, 01:48 AM
uk time wipe will begin at 2pm and with top luck hopefully be back up by 8pm that is my dream anyway. we shall see. Well done Devs for getting us this far. you are amazing folks.

jjaaccdie
06-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Im all for the village system once again. I couldnt stand holo grinding. I remember when everyone was hologrinding. This is when the game took a huge hit.

Oaken
06-10-2012, 03:55 AM
Thank you so much for the update. Bugs or not, i am SO thankful that you Devs have brought back one of the joys of my life. Thank you also for the continuing hard work everyone is putting into the emu.

Aksys
06-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Great news. Very happy overall. But, I much preferred the hologrind to the village, so that is the one thing I am not excited about at all. I actually originally retired shortly after the village was introduced.

Oaken
06-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Great news. Very happy overall. But, I much preferred the hologrind to the village, so that is the one thing I am not excited about at all. I actually originally retired shortly after the village was introduced.

Well in 14.1, we had the Village then and the emu is up to path 14.1 :D

Hopefully you will stick around though.

-Darkstar-
06-10-2012, 04:45 AM
I'm so frikin excited. 10 toons with 2 allowed to be online. No more need to have 2 or 3 accounts.

excalibur77
06-10-2012, 04:53 AM
can't wait, but time goes by so slowly :-)

brilliant job so far, on June 11th, SWG will be reborn!

ooohh cant wait, my fellow SWGers the time has come, where our beloved SWG will be reborn for us all to enjoy once again!!!!!!!!! give thanks to the devs at SWGemu!!!!!!!!!

j227one
06-10-2012, 05:10 AM

It really is that easy!

ct2020
06-10-2012, 05:31 AM
It really is that easy!

Narglatches pose an issue on Naboo. Not bad like Krayt's but still a pain.

Any update on Politician XP?

kinserrc
06-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Narglatches pose an issue on Naboo. Not bad like Krayt's but still a pain.

Any update on Politician XP?
Except narglatches don't attack until you do.

Kematian
06-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Except narglatches don't attack until you do.

Not true. I've had them hunt me down from my city near the middle of naboo to theed, only to have them triple incap me in the theed SP

kinserrc
06-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Not true. I've had them hunt me down from my city near the middle of naboo to theed, only to have them triple incap me in the theed SP
You must smell bad or something, haven't seen them attack anyone yet.

Frunkis
06-10-2012, 09:14 AM
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv343/MattParks2009/free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

Awesome job guy... i wan't to give everyone involved a big wookie hug

jonna
06-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Way to go EMUteam. love it!

Cliffy
06-10-2012, 12:01 PM
If its not now it will be down the road. Everything that is broken will eventually be fixed.

Could we get a confimration one way or the other on this though? I understand if not fixed because appreciate all the hard work everyone does on this project but just would like to know if it is or isn't fixed yet cause not worth placing harvesters at all if it's not.

thanks

Vlada
06-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Could we get a confimration one way or the other on this though? I understand if not fixed because appreciate all the hard work everyone does on this project but just would like to know if it will or wont be fixed cause not worth placing harvesters at all if it's not.

thanks

You do know that the goal of this project is to create vanilla 14.1 Pre-CU emulator? Not half of an emulator or two thirds of an emulator, but a whole, working one.

To accomplish that everything that was working back then needs to work when we release 1.0, which means that everything that is missing or broken atm will be fixed or added at one point before we release 1.0.

Cliffy
06-10-2012, 12:25 PM
You do know that the goal of this project is to create vanilla 14.1 Pre-CU emulator? Not half of an emulator or two thirds of an emulator, but a whole, working one.

To accomplish that everything that was working back then needs to work when we release 1.0, which means that everything that is missing or broken atm will be fixed or added at one point before we release 1.0.

You're missing my point....

I'm just asking as the last guy did. Is the harvester hopper bug fixed or will it empty on resets? I understand everything you said and just trying to get a confirmation one way or another before placing my harvs

edit - I guess cause my quote on my last post just had your response to him without his question, it was confusing so just clarifying I just wanted to know and that was all

Vlada
06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
And the answer is, if its not fixed right now it will be eventually.

Joshino
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM

It is just going to be a saber disco again...

bah.

Pelikang
06-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Very good News. God Job Team.

cRush
06-10-2012, 03:38 PM
It is just going to be a saber disco again...

bah.

I'm not a fan of Village, either, but
A) It was in at 14.1.
B) It will force the development of content that might otherwise not get done if Jedi is available.
C) Hologrind caters only to the group of players who spend maximum amount of time playing. Those who only get to play the weekends, or 5-10 hours a week, are severely handicapped by Hologrind. Village is kind of boring, but if it does one thing, it bridges the gap between hardcore and casual player. Necessary evil.

Zop
06-10-2012, 03:40 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooow pls no catering to the casuals. dont need WoW 2.0 pls

Oaken
06-10-2012, 03:50 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooow pls no catering to the casuals. dont need WoW 2.0 pls

Why not? People have a life outside of SWGemu :P Just teasin' ;)

Joshino
06-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm not a fan of Village, either, but
A) It was in at 14.1.
B) It will force the development of content that might otherwise not get done if Jedi is available.
C) Hologrind caters only to the group of players who spend maximum amount of time playing. Those who only get to play the weekends, or 5-10 hours a week, are severely handicapped by Hologrind. Village is kind of boring, but if it does one thing, it bridges the gap between hardcore and casual player. Necessary evil.
A)What's the obsession with 14.1, no tefs the village... sabre discos.
B)Ok
C)Please don't cater jedi to casuals. (May as well make it available at start-up, oh wait...) It makes going every other class pretty much redundant. Lets face it jedi are alpha no matter how you slice it, no unbugged ls resistance, the ability to heal all ham pools and heal mind without f'in themselves up, the list goes on...

No player hating here btw, but hot damn I want to play something cerebral and varied, rather than a mindless rave.

Perma death would be cool. Or a whole skill tree loss upon death. LOL.

Oaken
06-10-2012, 04:03 PM
A)What's the obsession with 14.1, no tefs the village... sabre discos.
B)Ok
C)Please don't cater jedi to casuals. (May as well make it available at start-up, oh wait...) It makes going every other class pretty much redundant. Lets face it jedi are alpha no matter how you slice it, no unbugged ls resistance, the ability to heal all ham pools and heal mind without f'in themselves up, the list goes on...

No player hating here btw, but hot damn I want to play something cerebral and varied, rather than a mindless rave.

Perma death would be cool. Or a whole skill tree loss upon death. LOL.

After having 2 Jedi pre-nge, i really dont want to go through all that grinding again myself so, ill just be focusing on my BH'er skills ready to hunt those pesky Jedi down, all Imperial of course :P

skullboy1
06-10-2012, 04:05 PM
This is why we need saber tef sooner or later gonna see complete randoms running around with jedi. Looks like I'm making a bh right out the bat.

cRush
06-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Well, after we finish 1.0, then we can do whatever we want with Jedi. That's always been the stance. Got to get to 1.0 first - give other communities a base to start with. That base, unfortunately, includes hologrind and village both completed.

Demarco
06-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I still think even with all this discussion about Village vs Hologrind etc.

It is still a ways off to get to a VISION or the Village anyway!

Just enjoy the new launch and go whatever path you want to do. When you get ready to go to the Village, enjoy it or just don't go Jedi. THis is going to be fun Monday either way.

Dngrzne91
06-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Arguing hologrind vs village is pointless seeing as the end result on SC will feature neither.

Dngrzne91
06-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I'd also like to add that I'm against anything that makes this game easier. It's an MMO and you should have to invest the time in order to reap the rewards. Is it fair, probably not, but hey that's life.

israt
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Im all for the village system once again. I couldnt stand holo grinding. I remember when everyone was hologrinding. This is when the game took a huge hit.

When the village was implemented, I remember thinking, this is the beginning of the end...

shadowgirl
06-10-2012, 06:43 PM
what's a saber disco????

Vidoa
06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
I dont understand all this mess is about. As anyone can run its own server....

At least, I now know for why I'm donating !

Tosheden
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Willing to bet majority of the people complaining about the unlock method thats getting implemented first on bas will have one. Like Dngrzne91 said, it won't be the same way after SC so why moan about it now on a play server that's going to get wiped anyway? Also once they get around to adding the FRS it will actually be people in it = moar pvp whether its jedi vs bh jedi vs jedi or jedi vs nonjedi. So sit back enjoy the view and watch everything unfold. I highly doubt it will be that hard to stomach this time around. :)

iray
06-10-2012, 06:59 PM
1 Character per day creation limit, 10 max, and 2 online... How can we get two toons online the first day, if we can only create one a day? :P

Not a big deal. I play while I'm at work, since I'm just an electronics babysitter.

this was the first think i noticed when i read the thread. i was afraid that i'd be the one to ask the question and catch flak for it. glad i'm not the only one who's first concern isn't that they won't be able to unlock jedi on the first night of the server. if it were still the old game we'd already be seeing the /ragequits and the stream of people saying they were taking their ball and bat and $15 a month and going home. :D

Payret
06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
I could watch this all day lol

The Heat made it!!! :)

Payret
06-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I have a question though. It says in the character limits: "2 online, 10 characters max (deleted characters don't count), 1 created per day"

I'm confused. So we can create a total of 10 characters? and we can have 2 online connected at the same time? How? So after 10 days we can actually have a total of 10? Yep I am totally confused....

Another question, if my brother lives with us (he is 21) can I recruit him to come to play swgemu since he played in starsider with us back in the days?. He would have to be using one of our computers or his
laptop whenever he plays. It's that ok? Of course, he will have his own account and his own characters
but both husband and I will share our pc with him. when one of us is not using it. Just wanted to
make sure its ok and does not violate any policies.

I keep recruiting people and my thread in my guild's forum (trga) is already like 2 page long. I have 4
more guildies (rl friends) that are going to be coming over and my brother too. Yay!!!! I cant wait. Love u guys for bringing this game back!!! :)

Demarco
06-10-2012, 09:55 PM
The Heat made it!!! :)

The Thunder in 6!!

Payret
06-10-2012, 10:01 PM
The Thunder in 6!!

Time will tell--no predictions here :p

Vlada
06-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Not so small update.

Bazaar revamp

PLEASE NOTE: Bazaar terminals and vendors are undergoing a revamp, and will be disabled for up to a week.You can still use manual trades or Basilisk Trade forums (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=196).

We understand that this is going to represent a huge problem for most of you, but keep in mind that we are still in the early Alpha development stage and things like these can and will happen from time to time.

Payret
06-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Ok I got the answer about the characters (I didnt read all the pages before) but how can we have 2 toons connected at the same time? If there is a link explaining it can someone post please?? I dont know where to find it.

More questions and I apologize. After the wipe on June 11th (tomorrow), then alpha server will be up. This server will be wiped also or will this be the one that will remain for a long while?

You devs are doing such a wonderful job! I have nothing to criticize because only because of your idea and dedication is that we are able to play swgemu bringing us all back to swg pre-cu which otherwise would only exist in our good memories. Bugs or not bugs will exist in every single game and I see how much
effort has been put and continues to be put to make this experience as smoothly and enjoyable as
possible to all of us. Let us not be the whiners that brought down swg to its demise.

/bow

Zasm
06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Not so small update.

We understand that this is going to represent a huge problem for most of you, but keep in mind that we are still in the early Alpha development stage and things like these can and will happen from time to time.

omg /wrists

Vlada
06-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Ok I got the answer about the characters (I didnt read all the pages before) but how can we have 2 toons connected at the same time? If there is a link explaining it can someone post please?? I dont know where to find it.

How to run multiple instances (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570) <---ClickJust use ALT/TAB to toggle between toons.

More questions and I apologize. After the wipe on June 11th (tomorrow), then alpha server will be up. This server will be wiped also or will this be the one that will remain for a long while?

We dont plan on wiping it soon so it should be around for some time.

Payret
06-10-2012, 10:12 PM
How to run multiple instances (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570) <---ClickJust use ALT/TAB to toggle between toons.

We dont plan on wiping it soon so it should be around for some time.

Thank you so much Vlada!!!! You totally rock! :)

Payret
06-10-2012, 10:17 PM
The updates (or patches) (sorry if I am using the terms incorrectly) are done automatically when I log in or do I need to run something to be up to date? Just thought of this from my wow/swtor mentality, which
shows you the patches or updates loading when you log in - if there is any--

Demarco
06-10-2012, 10:21 PM
The updates (or patches) (sorry if I am using the terms incorrectly) are done automatically when I log in or do I need to run something to be up to date? Just thought of this from my wow/swtor mentality, which
shows you the patches or updates loading when you log in - if there is any--

They said they would load changes on test server till proven then make weekly updates on Alpha server on weekends or Mondays. (It's in the first Page)

They will usually just do a reset of the server to implement and the launcher will grab the required files as needed.

Payret
06-10-2012, 10:22 PM
They said they would load changes on teat server till proven then make weekly updates on Alpha server on weekends or Mondays. (It's in the first Page)

They will usually just do a reset of the server to implement ant the launcher will grab the required files as needed.

Thanks so much!

Demarco
06-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Correction: those details are on THE HOME PAGE

mysticwolf
06-11-2012, 12:02 AM
First of all, i would like to say awesome job, also let yall know how much i for one and im am sure that all on these forums appreciate all your hard work...
Now to the wipe, i am so stoked that the server is gonna be wiped and i can actually start working on the toon/toons i want, the way i want.

TKM/MasterDoc, Masterdancer/CH when ch is available, and lastly MDoc/MCM at different times lol thanks much for everything guys, you all are Masters of the force and of all mediclorians :))

Mystic

Baja
06-11-2012, 12:09 AM
•Character limits

Im I the only one that thinks 10 characters is way to many. That many alts and people will have
every crafting prof mastered. No one will ever need to buy stuff from anyone else. I know its not the final/finished game,
but i hope that many slots dont make it to the finished game.

grozen555
06-11-2012, 12:31 AM
If you could think of a way to keep characters between server wipes something like export/import that'd be awesome, cuz life is really pain in the butt sometimes:D and you'd have constant population.

CassusFett33
06-11-2012, 12:54 AM
/Thread =

http://i49.tinypic.com/33p38sl.gif

bonedead
06-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Can't wait, zermagerd! Questioners should stop questioning!

bigevil
06-11-2012, 02:22 AM
•Character limits

Im I the only one that thinks 10 characters is way to many. That many alts and people will have
every crafting prof mastered. No one will ever need to buy stuff from anyone else. I know its not the final/finished game,

At this point, testing of features and code stability takes significant precedence over toon limits for economy/gameplay purposes. That is barely in the conversation at this stage. Refer to other threads that exist for that spirited debate. :)

If you could think of a way to keep characters between server wipes something like export/import that'd be awesome, cuz life is really pain in the butt sometimes:D and you'd have constant population.

Development announcements have stated that every effort will be made to prevent wipes from happening after the 11th. :)

lizardboo
06-11-2012, 02:26 AM
cRush Good job, hope you get jedi done pretty quick.

papilove
06-11-2012, 03:31 AM
cool beans!!!

excalibur77
06-11-2012, 05:28 AM
i could watch this all day lol

love the sig its hilarious

chiwar7178
06-11-2012, 06:11 AM
6hrs 50mins until server wipe...Then, however long it takes is how long it takes for it to come back up with Alpha Server Software. I'd give it an acronym, but that'd be bad, mmmmkay?

Zarek
06-11-2012, 06:48 AM
To be honest, i couldnt give an a$$ rats about Jedi... I played a Jedi in other SW games (Dark Forces, Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight : Outcast, Jedi Knight : Jedi Academy etc...), and not even LOOKED at SWTOR out of protest for the removal of the SW Live game. With the introduction of the NGE I lost BOTH my primary professions, TK and CH, yet I still played as I am a Star Wars fan since '77. It will be so good (words just cant do it justice) to play my old toon again. Maybe catch up with old friends when they learn of the return of the old game, maybe even convert a few post NGE players.
You guy who made this all possible deserve a reward or something. Again, our thanks simply isnt enough. We were told by the powers that be at the time, that the changes were necessary, but as evidenced by the number of players playing now, and will be playing after the 11th, they didnt know jack s#!t about what players wanted... Reinforced by the enforced CU and NGE.
The full potential of this game was never fully realized, and I hope that you new developers have the vision OTHERS didnt have. I cant wait for Tuedsay morning (my time) when the server should be back up and I can get to grinding again. I have missed this game so much, like so many others. I hope there will be a way players/community members can come up with ideas that might be able to be implimented by the devs. The Live game had a good idea towards the end with the Chronicles addition, but even it was limmited in ways.
Again, cant wait and thanks again.

Z. When in doubt, send in the Wookiee's.

InfoH
06-11-2012, 07:10 AM
•Character limits

I do agree that 10 is a bit excessive, although you have to think during the live game many people had multiple accounts (I had 3.. yeah bit sad when I think about it!)

but since multiple accounts are not allowed here it is nice that we are allowed quite a few chars

I don't think we need to worry about people leveling all the crafting professions cos I for one can't be bothered to master even 1 crafting profession let alone several! lol

tazman1701
06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
3 hours 20 minutes untill the wipe. And still I contemplate whether or not I should call otu of work or just wait untill I get home to jump online and get into the best MMO evr made

chiwar7178
06-11-2012, 07:59 AM
3 hours 20 minutes untill the wipe. And still I contemplate whether or not I should call otu of work or just wait untill I get home to jump online and get into the best MMO evr made

I wouldn't call out of work--it might take a few hours for them to actually get it up and running for the unwashed masses. :P

InfoH
06-11-2012, 08:15 AM
the wipe is at 2pm my time.. I finish work at 4 so i'm hopeful its up by the time I get home :)

Sumane
06-11-2012, 09:38 AM
the wipe is at 2pm my time.. I finish work at 4 so i'm hopeful its up by the time I get home :)

same here, us UK guys are lucky if the server gets up and running fairly soon after the wipe :)

liammozz
06-11-2012, 09:40 AM
same here, us UK guys are lucky if the server gets up and running fairly soon after the wipe :)

for most of the uk guys its good my gf finishes works at 4pm so i wont be playing :'(

ashur
06-11-2012, 09:58 AM
im done with work in exactly 3 hours :)

us euro guys might actually catch a break this time.

InfoH
06-11-2012, 10:12 AM
for most of the uk guys its good my gf finishes works at 4pm so i wont be playing :'(

lol i'm lucky my wife has started playing wow recently
altho my game time and her game time are still 2 very different things! lol

Sumane
06-11-2012, 10:14 AM

wow another liverpool guy! Red or Blue?

Thorwine
06-11-2012, 10:18 AM
The wipe will impact on 3 p.m. here in Germany... I have to work until 5, so "several hours" after the wipe I will be back home ready to rock...

by the way... who's gonna start the Poll: How much are "several hours"? :D

liammozz
06-11-2012, 10:33 AM
wow another liverpool guy! Red or Blue?

as with all real scousers blue of cause haha

bigevil
06-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Live video by staff of recently created toons trying to get past login server and be first into Post-Wipe Basilisk. SWGEmu staff using jetpack to take FRAPS of the occasion. Notice the EC's inside the server waiting somewhat nervously. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvz6nPVB-bo

*DISCLAIMER- This is a joke..not really in game footage. ** :)

ashur
06-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Live video by staff of recently created toons trying to get past login server and be first into Post-Wipe Basilisk. SWGEmu staff using jetpack to take FRAPS of the occasion. Notice the EC's inside the server waiting somewhat nervously. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvz6nPVB-bo

*DISCLAIMER- This is a joke..not really in game footage. ** :)

lol, man that is a really nice representation of things really are.

Sumane
06-11-2012, 10:50 AM
The wipe will impact on 3 p.m. here in Germany... I have to work until 5, so "several hours" after the wipe I will be back home ready to rock...

by the way... who's gonna start the Poll: How much are "several hours"? :D

haha was thinkin the same thing. Would be interesting if it popped up after 30 mins or so lol.

as with all real scousers blue of cause haha

http://www.the-holly-bush-pub.co.uk/images/JohnSmiths.jpg

well if you havnt guessed im a red lol.

Glad to see a fellow scouser around here anyway, hope to see you on basilisk :)

liammozz
06-11-2012, 10:55 AM
yup if i find i way to de aggro the gf i might be on when it restarts, i thought i was the only scouser in the galaxy far far away lol, i could never find anyone who played back in live ether

Evil Cyborg 10
06-11-2012, 10:59 AM
I really can't wait, keep up to good work guys!

"All new updates will be tested on Nova first and after they are deemed stable they will be pushed on Basilisk, every weekend or Monday."
Does that mean wipes everyone weekend or Monday?

bigevil
06-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I really can't wait, keep up to good work guys!

"All new updates will be tested on Nova first and after they are deemed stable they will be pushed on Basilisk, every weekend or Monday."
Does that mean wipes everyone weekend or Monday?

No. A program "push" is an update that can be installed like a patch, and usually requires a restart to implement...not a wipe.

Evil Cyborg 10
06-11-2012, 11:07 AM
No. A program "push" is an update that can be installed like a patch, and usually requires a restart to implement...not a wipe.

Ah thank you for clearing that up, really can't wait now!

Rumpels
06-11-2012, 12:17 PM

I wouldn't bet on it matey. They have a lot to do in order to implement the new code.

EU will be lucky if we get to play tonight...i'm thinking if at all, maybe 9pm tonight.

Which is fine...I am so excited about the new developments after years of following SWGemu (join date not accurate)...one more day ain't gonna kill me! :)

grozen555
06-11-2012, 12:17 PM
If basilisk remains without a character wipe forever from 11 june on, I could get at least 45 people to return to swg.It had the
best community due to its design and gameplay and no mmo beats that and i doubt will ever do it:)
Ty swgemu team for returning this awesome game to us!

Rumpels
06-11-2012, 12:19 PM
If basilisk remains without a character wipe forever from 11 june on, I could get at least 45 people to return to swg.It had the
best community due to its design and gameplay and no mmo beats that and i doubt will ever do it:)
Ty swgemu team for returning this awesome game to us!

I would expect atleast one wipe on Basilisk before 1.0

chiwar7178
06-11-2012, 01:11 PM
At least 10 minutes late... Pre-wipe party going on outside of Coronet starport!

Edit: And as I entered ^, Skynet shut down... It shows that Nova's still up though... >:)

clb1970
06-11-2012, 01:16 PM
I just got wiped by a Krayt, and as I cloned the server went poof. Nice timing I say!

Bryoal
06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
DOes anyone have a link on whats needed for the Old Man to spawn? Try searching for it but everything comes up related to NGE -_-

I know it has to do with getting a bunch of badges and whatnot, but I know theres a specific amount of which ones to get.

BTW: Wicked job so far.

Evil Cyborg 10
06-11-2012, 01:31 PM
DOes anyone have a link on whats needed for the Old Man to spawn? Try searching for it but everything comes up related to NGE -_-

I know it has to do with getting a bunch of badges and whatnot, but I know theres a specific amount of which ones to get.

BTW: Wicked job so far.

Hope this helps

http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070131121809/index.html

thefatlebowski
06-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Hope this helps

http://www.swgemu.com/archive/scrapbookv51/data/20070131121809/index.html

thats a guide FROM the old man to mel, Was wondering whats needed for the old man to spawn ... think it had to do with POI's etc?

AlaskaBob
06-11-2012, 02:35 PM
thats a guide FROM the old man to mel, Was wondering whats needed for the old man to spawn ... think it had to do with POI's etc?
The POI's are the same. Just do all the Location ones, or at least all on Tatooine, Dantooine and Dathomir and you're pretty much set. Then wait for themeparks.

fuddle541
06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Woot! Can't wait to log in. On a side note why have the limit on characters logged in? Couldn't people just create more than one account? I am anxious to see how this can be limited, because if anyone can have unlimited characters it would definitely take away from the experience.

Evil Cyborg 10
06-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Woot! Can't wait to log in. On a side note why have the limit on characters logged in? Couldn't people just create more than one account? I am anxious to see how this can be limited, because if anyone can have unlimited characters it would definitely take away from the experience.

You aren't allowed multiple accounts it's against the rules and the devs have ways of finding out.
As for the two character limit I assume it's to try and balance the economy rather then having one guy with 30 different surveying bots at one time.

fuddle541
06-11-2012, 02:50 PM
ok awesome. I am all for the two character limit, what I meant was that it seemed unnecessary unless accounts could be limited. Looks good to me!

Evil Cyborg 10
06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Also you can only make one character a day :)

Jackfrostt
06-11-2012, 03:23 PM

/agree Tat is rough at the moment for low lvl mobs surrounded by higher lvl/agrro's, Cnet was pretty easy to work i thought right through master Brawler.

Ise
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
/agree Tat is rough at the moment for low lvl mobs surrounded by higher lvl/agrro's, Cnet was pretty easy to work i thought right through master Brawler.

That brings back wonderful memories. My Jedi trainer was the Brawler just as you exited the CNet starport. Was always a scary thrill to train and talk about skills in the middle of everyone.

elibooon
06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
this all to exciteing...me brother even going to buy a new pc just to play the game hahah class!

tanneng
06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
This is exactly what I was talking about, but if things work better on Corelia then that's cool too. Not sure if I appreciated all the sarcasm in a couple of earlier posts. A friendly helpful tip works much better people and helps create a nicer atmosphere.
That is all :-)

Belladonna-Ahazi
06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Fantastic job - thank you so much! I did have my doubts a few years ago but fair play to you guys, I'm thrilled to see how the project has come along.

Sindorin
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Server keeps going on and off :/

psyclown02
06-11-2012, 10:22 PM
So are we calling being stuck at full load screen like this
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6369/screenshot2012061115212.jpg
just what happens when a million people are trying to get on?

Neither me nor my friend can get past this once we choose a starting location (Mos Eisley) Should I just wait, or do we think there is a bigger issue?

Ophiir
06-11-2012, 10:38 PM
So are we calling being stuck at full load screen like this
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6369/screenshot2012061115212.jpg
just what happens when a million people are trying to get on?

Neither me nor my friend can get past this once we choose a starting location (Mos Eisley) Should I just wait, or do we think there is a bigger issue?

Just wait it out on the loading screen. The server is experiencing some major lag at the moment, most likely it will die down in a few hours.

liammozz
06-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Just wait it out on the loading screen. The server is experiencing some major lag at the moment, most likely it will die down in a few hours.

yeah the death star didnt blow up alderan they all tryed to connect to the emu at the same time

CassusFett33
06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
About 2 hours after it went up - it was taken down and then went up again.

When it went up again, there were over 1100 people logging on together, lol.... what a turnout.

sleepertv
06-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Does this mean what character that are on there will be gone and have to start over again with the wipe?

Vlada
06-12-2012, 08:28 AM
wipe already happened.

Takhomasak
06-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Excellent work... <3 the Devs

pluky
06-12-2012, 07:07 PM
i could not play when i got back from work and when i wanted to play server whend down bed time in 30 min need to get up at 6 in the morning for work hope not that this is going every day takes all the fun away if they want to fix things for ingame do it once a day not every couple min or hours

mijom
06-12-2012, 07:14 PM
i could not play when i got back from work and when i wanted to play server whend down bed time in 30 min need to get up at 6 in the morning for work hope not that this is going every day takes all the fun away if they want to fix things for ingame do it once a day not every couple min or hours

We are in Alpha phase of development. Crashes, tweaks that need server restart and updates are bound to happen. If the server is down it's for reason, not just for fun.

RowdyGowdy
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
We are in Alpha phase of development. Crashes, tweaks that need server restart and updates are bound to happen. If the server is down it's for reason, not just for fun.
Good to know, thanks for the update. :-)

Oaken
06-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Both servers are test servers so you will have to get used to it. Also, these Devs work on this game in there FREE time so dont expect any quick fixes seeing as they do not get paid for developing this EMU.

Blitzkrieg39
06-13-2012, 06:53 AM
When i hunt wildlife i can only be on for fifteen minutes before being disconnected for thirty minutes.

Should I....
A) Lower my graphics on the options menu?
B)Cut out every program running other than SWG?
C)Get a better internet Connection?
D)Or...does this happen to everyone?

Btw seriously, thanks for bringing back the greatest MMO in the history of gaming, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Vlada
06-13-2012, 06:55 AM
It happens to almost everyone.

Try to stay away from crowded places like Coronet and Mos Eisley.

realddawg
06-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Long time reader, first time posting. I have played swg since launch and remember when they killed it with the NGE officially, so sad. I also remember when emu was only anchorhead and this post is just to say a huge thanks to all the Devs,staff, and everyone else that has worked on it. Keep up the great work! There will always be a negative in the crowd, but from reading this you have made alot of people happy bringing this back, i know i am! My best goes out to Xavia, and again thank you to all that help this project along, long live SWGemu.

IGN:
Vision
Jacob Lightseer
Ddawg

astroch33se
06-14-2012, 12:12 AM
As an "old guy" that lived through the game debut, I figured I might add some perspective...

When the servers first deployed and we laid our fifty bucks down for the game, Sony launched with about 60% of the game functional, the servers not at all, and we chewed fingernails all day at work hoping that the game would be up for seventeen minutes so we could actually visit Obi Wan's house ...

... and with all the work performed on the "free" product, by our talented and most gracious devs - they debuted a game with 75% functionality and we can log on for an hour or more before being booted.

Sure, we'd all prefer gleaming new servers and unlimited bandwidth - all of which are more stable than the Rock of Gibralter, but that ain't in the cards ...

So, I'll chew fingernails at work - forever grateful that some poor SOB is donating his free time so I can pump a laser beam up an iKopi's backside - knowing that in my best days I couldn't code a cheerio.

Yes I want to play the game. Yes, I want to show an iKopi which end of the laser is hot. But I'm a patient SOB - and will gratefully gnaw fingernail knowing you're looking out for me.

I work all day and come home to relax, you work all day and come home to work more...

Thank you.

onc33
06-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Hey, first time posting...Glad things are coming along, Great work! I was just wondering if there was any sort of time fram for Creature Handlers I cant wait to play them!

mijom
06-14-2012, 03:47 AM
Hey, first time posting...Glad things are coming along, Great work! I was just wondering if there was any sort of time fram for Creature Handlers I cant wait to play them!

It should be implemented during alpha phase, nobody can give you accurate ETA though since we don't know when it is ready for testing.

liambeets1
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
1st post for me too! I just wanted to tell you the server was almost flawless for quite a while before being brought down. I'm really fortunate just to be reliving the memories and I hope for more updates in the future!

Zadkiel
06-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Looks like word is getting around that the EMU is running better and better every time there is an update. I too am so excited to get to play... just a quick heads up to the new players... DON'T create a character and turn around and delete it. You can only make ONE every 24 hours!! So now that I have finally got the game installed and ready to go, I made that mistake and now have to wait on my days off for another 24 hours to get to play!! It's coded into the server that way... no way around it. Be careful when you delete!

mstalker
06-26-2012, 12:43 AM
As an "old guy" that lived through the game debut, I figured I might add some perspective...

When the servers first deployed and we laid our fifty bucks down for the game, Sony launched with about 60% of the game functional, the servers not at all, and we chewed fingernails all day at work hoping that the game would be up for seventeen minutes so we could actually visit Obi Wan's house ...

... and with all the work performed on the "free" product, by our talented and most gracious devs - they debuted a game with 75% functionality and we can log on for an hour or more before being booted.

Sure, we'd all prefer gleaming new servers and unlimited bandwidth - all of which are more stable than the Rock of Gibralter, but that ain't in the cards ...

So, I'll chew fingernails at work - forever grateful that some poor SOB is donating his free time so I can pump a laser beam up an iKopi's backside - knowing that in my best days I couldn't code a cheerio.

Yes I want to play the game. Yes, I want to show an iKopi which end of the laser is hot. But I'm a patient SOB - and will gratefully gnaw fingernail knowing you're looking out for me.

I work all day and come home to relax, you work all day and come home to work more...

Thank you.

Couldn't have been said better. Thanks for reminding us all how much it sucked when the game was first devoloped, and how much work these devs have done, knowing this isn't thier job. I'm not going to say if you can't be patient leave the game, because that hurts what the devs are doing this EMU for, but instead i'll go with an old saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." They are strictly asking us to point out certain bugs and such, so lets stick to what we can do for them, so you can continue to work on this game as thier time allows.

Mayumi
07-07-2012, 01:26 AM

Yes, it is difficult to get upset about either the amount of work going into this project OR the price. Thanks to all involved.

Mayumi
07-07-2012, 01:30 AM

Thank you.

You aren't kidding. I paid full price at launch and had to wait for three days before I could get through the lag on the account servers. I can also say that it wasn't much more stable than the EMU is currently-although it would make professions a bit easier if the vendor/bazaar system worked. LOL

macgarthur
07-07-2012, 04:02 AM
I've been playing on the emulator here at SWGemu for years on and off whenever I can. Had to take a long hiatus due to work but came back and and very excited seeing everything that's been happening and the progress that's been made. Got my discs ready and installing it again as we speak can't wait to get back in game and start the journey along with everyone else. Kudos to the SWGemu team for all they've done and will continue to do. Kudos to all the players who are here to enjoy a long forgotten experience.

jaximus
07-19-2012, 02:08 PM
How is the test server set up? Can I master a profession right away? Or start with a bunch of credits? Or do I have to start from scratch? Re-creating a bug to test on NOVA may prove to be a real pin in the what what, if you catch my drift... Which means if a bug is found on Basilisk players are going to have issues testing it on the TS before reporting the bugs. Good thing for this recent patch though, everything's kinda fresh for testing even on Basilisk.

Dymonite
07-19-2012, 02:10 PM
there are bluefrogs to give you the desired skill boxes, equipment, resources, creds 'n all the stuff you might look for