PDA

View Full Version : SWGEmu Timeline

Pages : [1] 2

Vlada
05-15-2012, 03:06 PM
SWGEmu Timeline

May, 2012
The SWGEmu Team

Since the EoL and Pre-Alpha Basilisk launch was announced there has been a lot of rumors flying around about what is going to happen and when. To avoid any further confusion and to set communities mind at ease we are releasing this timetable.

May 14th, 2012 - Liberator offline and wiped. TC: Nova offline. Basilisk launched for stress testing.

May 21st, 2012 - TC: Nova online and opened to public testing again.

June 11th, 2012 - Basilisk testing phase complete. Basilisk wiped and becomes a test/play server. Basilisk will persist through Alpha and Beta development phase.

Sometime in far future - Basilisk wiped. Release developmental milestone reached. SunCrusher launched without threat of wipe, ever.

Since this is a development project and unexpected things can happen, DB wipes are always a possibility. Of course we will try to avoid this at any cost and when possible just wipe a single type of item, if required at all.

Alpha, Beta, and Release are phases of development, and should not be confused for part of the galaxy (server) name. They simply refer to what state the software is in that runs the server.

Basilisk test/play server - Stable SWGEmu server that will exist through our Alpha and Beta development phase (not to be confused with complete, permanent play servers). Used for any and all kind of testing on a larger scale than our Nova test server can provide. Primarily but not exclusively used for stress testing.
Nova Test Center (TC: Nova) - Unstable SWGEmu test server where all the new code, bug fixes, patches etc are being tested before they are migrated to Basilisk. Prone to random crashes, deadlocks and unannounced database wipes. Can not and should in no way be confused with a play server of any kind, but is still a "recommended" server on galaxy selection and/or character creation. (If you want the new stuff, that's where you are likely to find it)
Prime Test Center (TC: Prime) - Exact copy of Basilisk used only for testing purposes, is not backed up as often, possibility of losing items, credits or even characters is not to be taken lightly.
The Pit - Permanently overt (Special forces) server. Enter at your own peril.
Alpha - The alpha software development phase is the stage where all features are in the process of being implemented. When it begins, there may be many missing features, but by its end, all major features should be implemented.

Beta - The beta software development phase is marked by the implementation of all major features. During this phase, the primary focus of software development is to fix any and all bugs, as well as implement content that expands upon the major features from Alpha.
Release - The release software development phase is when a software is thought to be good enough for deployment. This means that the software will be packaged and ready for use by the general public to fuel their own servers, and it will be deemed stable and complete.

PLEASE NOTE: Because this is a volunteer project, some delays or minor changes on the timetable are still possible.

~ The SWGEmu Team

israt
05-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I must be dreaming...these appear to be ETA's.
Awesome news. Thanks for all the hard work :-)

Thorwine
05-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Cool, thanks Vlada! :)

tuncher
05-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Awesome news

Vlada
05-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Cool, thanks Vlada! :)

Thank Devs and QA instead, they are the real heroes here.

Bnat
05-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Just relax and let them do as they must-if it takes 50 wipes to get us where we need to be so be it.

Anger42
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Outstanding news! Thank you to all the EMU team!!

ljay1973
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Great stuff.
The dev team has really pulled together and become professional. Something a lot of doubters thought would never happen.

swedefrog
05-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Great news loving it at the moment bugs sure thats what the testings about finding them ........thankyou im feeling its 2004/2006 again.......

jubba
05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
This is excellent news! Thank you Devs and Team EMU! We in the community appreciate the hard work and bringing our game back.

arween
05-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Jep - 2004/5 is back :-)

Dialgo
05-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks so much everyone! Good to see things coming together! =)

diceted
05-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Just relax and let them do as they must-if it takes 50 wipes to get us where we need to be so be it.

I fully agree!

Thanks Devs and all involved, you all rock!!!!!

Such an amazing time to be a part of this. I can't wait for the day I can start my Scout and then be able to tame that 1st pet. Very exciting indeed!

mdoak330
05-15-2012, 11:38 PM

Haven't you heard? ... 6/11/12 is the new 2004/5 :D BTW, this is the best news I've had in a long, long time, in a game I thought was far, far away. Thanks Devs!!

badvali
05-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Sounds good to me and by the way in pure appreciation for the mandalorian named server!

Faithie
05-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Thanks to all who have played a part in this.

tpokorny
05-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Heartfelt thank you!

Laron
05-16-2012, 02:01 AM
thx for the post vlada. thx for all the hard work staff. :)

KroniK
05-16-2012, 02:19 AM
Awesome!! Should add this to the helpful links thread.

mijom
05-16-2012, 05:19 AM
thank you Vlada for the clarification to the timeline, there were some confusion yesterday on Basilisk about the stages.

Vlada
05-16-2012, 05:28 AM
mandalorian named server!

We didnt name it after the Mandalorian war droid.

ljay1973
05-16-2012, 07:21 AM
We didnt name it after the Mandalorian war droid.
Star Destroyer from the Kyp Durron/Sun crusher books?

Laron
05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
or after an actual basilisk *looks at the server and turns into stone*

Bnat
05-16-2012, 10:13 AM
You would look at the server and die

Laron
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
it depends on which genre you refer to ;)

one states death. another states stone. my fellow dungeons and dragons players out there know what i'm referring to :)

Vlada
05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Basilisk (Star Destroyer)

(http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basilisk_%28Star_Destroyer%29)
Basilisk was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer that was placed under the command of Captain Mullinore, who served as part of Admiral Natasi Daala's squadron of four Star Destroyers. The warship, like its sister vessels, had been assigned to guard the top-secret Maw Installation, but when Daala chose to embark upon a campaign of guerrilla warfare against the New Republic, the Basilisk was heavily damaged when Kyp Durron detonated the Cauldron Nebula with the Sun Crusher.

odwill
05-16-2012, 12:47 PM

(http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basilisk_%28Star_Destroyer%29)

See what we did there? ;)

Bnat
05-16-2012, 01:11 PM

(http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basilisk_%28Star_Destroyer%29)I need to finish these books-I left off over halfway through the second book.

excalibur77
05-16-2012, 08:04 PM
yes thankyou to all who still wants the best and most fun game of all to never die. /thankyou and /bow

snaggy3
05-16-2012, 09:47 PM
... I'm going to need to take some anxiety medicine.. Patience young padawan

psychosiszz
05-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Great work guys.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel of this long arse journey :)

Willah
05-17-2012, 04:33 PM

@ Swedefrog"........thankyou im feeling its 2004/2006 again......" /agree :)

True that..I feel like I stepped into a time machine..Thanks to all the Dev's and the whole team for the hard work..

Cheer Willah

PlagueBlack
05-17-2012, 08:31 PM
Good luck guys, I'm sticking here until you make it.

hannibal1975
05-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Thank the Maker for you guys! My friend and I have been having a blast playing SWGemu. as of Jun 11, 2012 I will be letting my SWtOR sub run out and be full time back in the greatest game ever. :)

badvali
05-18-2012, 01:59 AM
swg once thought dead...REborn! wonderful!

ksam
05-18-2012, 03:22 AM
June 11th? Thats less than a month away! :D

Parrot Head
05-18-2012, 06:48 AM
This means that the software will be packaged and ready for use by the general public to fuel their own servers, and it will be deemed stable and complete.

Does this mean there will be disc's for people to purchase to start their own servers..

Gulkia
05-18-2012, 08:57 AM
This means that the software will be packaged and ready for use by the general public to fuel their own servers, and it will be deemed stable and complete.

Does this mean there will be disc's for people to purchase to start their own servers..

The server source code will be free and downloadable. You will only need the original swg discs to play on it.

dilapper
05-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Wow, great job guys. Thanks for all your hard work and effort! :D

tiderious
05-20-2012, 11:46 AM
When this game first came out, i took time off work (and i sure wasnt the only one).

Now, im not going to take any time of this go around, but, i can tell you, my lawn sure isnt getting mowed any time soon. lol

oh, and some dishes are stacking up. Seeing how far i can push it, till the wife gets aggro.

Ki-Fu
05-20-2012, 04:14 PM
I have A New Hope...

Keno777
05-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Getting excited :)

MiniMe
05-21-2012, 06:57 AM
I just wanted to express my amazement and appreciation to those who have not given up and have made this all a reality for us! I'm so utterly proud of you all and cannot believe how dedicated you've stayed in this project to ressurect a game we all so completely loved and were addicted to. Thanks for giving us back life itself! Wow... I can't believe how much you've all accomplished! Thanks so very much!

jakelhart
05-22-2012, 02:41 AM
wow just awesome guys great work I may not know anything about programming but if at any time you want or need help creating new missions or storylines for the game I would be happy to help any way I can

Fire1689
05-22-2012, 05:47 AM
This really is supercool news! Thanks to all who have worked so hard to bring us this far.

Killum
05-22-2012, 07:26 AM
I would like to add my thanks and best wishes too. When I first found SWGEmu I wasn't sure what to expect but you are all doing a great job and I am not the only one waiting for the Game Launch Proper.

This was the most awesome 'Sandbox' game out there when it was 1st launched, truely unique in concept and style, it had so many possibilities with an amazing versatility to suite all playstyles. I haven't played any game since that enabled a player to just walk into a bar and sit down on the furniture!! (There may be some out there but I haven't seen them).

andyfairall
05-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Just wanted a quick update, are we on schdule for June 11th launch? I ask only so that I can get a few days vaction in for when Basilisk is officically launched.

Payret
05-27-2012, 12:46 AM
I would like to add my thanks and best wishes too. When I first found SWGEmu I wasn't sure what to expect but you are all doing a great job and I am not the only one waiting for the Game Launch Proper.

This was the most awesome 'Sandbox' game out there when it was 1st launched, truely unique in concept and style, it had so many possibilities with an amazing versatility to suite all playstyles. I haven't played any game since that enabled a player to just walk into a bar and sit down on the furniture!! (There may be some out there but I haven't seen them).

Totally agree!!!

khatana
05-27-2012, 07:13 AM
I love it. I have played it on Test Center Nova all week this week, and just love it. Don't want to put it down. Whatever it is that is missing, I can't tell, but I definitely will be spreading the word. I love having the original profession system back-- it was so perfect! NGE was the death of the best MMO that ever lived. SOE lost their best game when they tried to target it to a larger, younger audience, and rather than reverting back to it's original context, they shut it down. SWGEmu dev team, you guys (and girls?) are heroes to those of us who were happy with the game as it once was, who had spent the best part of 3-4 years in the game, several hours a day.

It's good to have that addiction back

badvali
05-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Totally agree!!!I agree as well!

SaltDog
05-28-2012, 02:29 PM
I have been spreading the word to old friends of this game. Already made one re purchase the disks on ebay. Great job to all of you guys!

TheCureForSin
05-29-2012, 03:18 AM
I finally logged in after being away from SWG for years and I have to say, I'm impressed! Even with knowing there's a wipe coming up, I've put in tons of time.

One thing that worries me though; wipes! I know it's not yet there and wipes could potentially happen, but I think it's enough to scare some players away. For example; if we never wipe (quite possible) until release, but release is at least 2 years away, I'd play full blast like the old days. If release is more like 6 months; I don't think I'd bother. It seems really tough to get an influx of players when you never know what will happen. I could handle losing all my items if I kept my skills trees, or vice versa, just not full wipe. Hell, even transfer from beta to release whenever it happens. (I'm really just rambling, but wondering what people think).

That being said, I'm so glad I finally decided to try this out! A few things I'd love to see added/changed, but I can't complain!

vertwheal
05-29-2012, 03:50 AM
I finally logged in after being away from SWG for years and I have to say, I'm impressed! Even with knowing there's a wipe coming up, I've put in tons of time.

One thing that worries me though; wipes! I know it's not yet there and wipes could potentially happen, but I think it's enough to scare some players away. For example; if we never wipe (quite possible) until release, but release is at least 2 years away, I'd play full blast like the old days. If release is more like 6 months; I don't think I'd bother. It seems really tough to get an influx of players when you never know what will happen. I could handle losing all my items if I kept my skills trees, or vice versa, just not full wipe. Hell, even transfer from beta to release whenever it happens. (I'm really just rambling, but wondering what people think).

That being said, I'm so glad I finally decided to try this out! A few things I'd love to see added/changed, but I can't complain!

Wipes are a necessary part of the testing and implementation of new features and arent going anywhere.

OmarAzil
05-30-2012, 03:31 AM
We know we need to wipe.. But is there no way to do skill migration, even if it was partial ?
(Once we reach alpha) Even if we have to kick a few $ into it.

Lavarios
05-30-2012, 04:28 AM
Awesome!! So happy it's finally happening!! :)

arween
05-30-2012, 05:30 AM
i love it. I have played it on test center nova all week this week, and just love it. Don't want to put it down. Whatever it is that is missing, i can't tell, but i definitely will be spreading the word. I love having the original profession system back-- it was so perfect! Nge was the death of the best mmo that ever lived. Soe lost their best game when they tried to target it to a larger, younger audience, and rather than reverting back to it's original context, they shut it down. Swgemu dev team, you guys (and girls?) are heroes to those of us who were happy with the game as it once was, who had spent the best part of 3-4 years in the game, several hours a day.

It's good to have that addiction back

full signed!

Daarios
05-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Cool this timeline news . Great thanks for this amazing job sincerely..

Oaken
05-30-2012, 11:48 PM
full signed!

I totally agree also! So excited!

Cremater
05-31-2012, 12:46 AM
I know you guys are busy and really no rush but any idea when faction armor will be usable and or craftable?? at least storm trooper armor nothing to fancy just the normal storm trooper armor will do all the rest can be added later

ceogar
05-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Great work everyone!

zicke
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Well i played SWG a long long time, i tryed some other games like swtor but i had to say in every game i miss something and now i try out the EMU and the first think i thought after entering the eisly cantina was
: Im at home im back and i wont go away one more time.

fantastic work thx to all who make this possible.

Im so happy to be here

Thorwine
05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Im at home im back and i wont go away one more time.
I felt the same after all these years... welcome home zicke :D

Merenwench
05-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm waiting for my discs to arrive! Can't wait to get back!

SoulzBaen
05-31-2012, 05:17 PM
Well i played SWG a long long time, i tryed some other games like swtor but i had to say in every game i miss something and now i try out the EMU and the first think i thought after entering the eisly cantina was

Im so happy to be here

I agree here. I've played, and am playing, several different MMOs at the current, but none have what I'm really looking for. SWG had an excellent community, great RP, and JTL was really fun, unlike the SWTOR Universal Studio's ride. I'm really looking forward to release, keep up the awesome work!

ANewHope
06-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Im so happy to be here

After hopping around from MMO to MMO over the past decade, most of us have reached the consensus that no game since has ever recreated what SWG offered, or even came close, and it's unlikely that one ever will.

We've accepted that nothing but SWG can fill that SWG-shaped hole, and acceptance is the first step. :)

Oaken
06-03-2012, 12:01 AM
After hopping around from MMO to MMO over the past decade, most of us have reached the consensus that no game since has ever recreated what SWG offered, or even came close, and it's unlikely that one ever will.

We've accepted that nothing but SWG can fill that SWG-shaped hole, and acceptance is the first step. :)

Could not have said it better myself!!!

AgustinSarro
06-04-2012, 12:47 AM
I have read the installation. Can't I play with my copy of Best Of PC of SWG? Because I don't know if I can get the original version. I have the CD from BOPC (Best of PC) but it says 14-day trial, and I don't know if it counts. I really want to play again.

Ellyssia
06-04-2012, 12:50 AM
No. You cannot use a trial version. You can usually get them pretty cheap on either amazon.com or ebay.

Skiiwa
06-04-2012, 02:47 AM
The wipes are what keep me from playing....and I want my YT1300 back. I so missed this game:( When JTL is added U wont be able to keep me away!

pluky
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
there are no original dvds of this game for sale here in europe i saw some but they ask overprices prices good that an friend of me have several my original is almost broken good enough for couple installes

Thorwine
06-04-2012, 04:06 PM
there are no original dvds of this game for sale here in europe i saw some but they ask overprices prices good that an friend of me have several my original is almost broken good enough for couple installes
Well, at the moment there is an offer on ebay for 10 Euro (http://www.ebay.de/itm/Star-Wars-Galaxies-Empire-Divided-/330740270210?pt=DE_PC_Videospiele&hash=item4d01a80482) for the CD-Set "An empire divided" here in Germany, 2 hours, no bid...

But you are right, the offerings get thin here...

bonedead
06-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Zermagerd cant wait!

balbazzak
06-05-2012, 02:33 AM
I wish it was Sometime in far future already.

chebyo
06-05-2012, 06:47 AM
I wish it was 'Sometime in the future' already :)

Anyways I'm having a blast. Thanks to the team for putting so much time and effort into this.

AgustinSarro
06-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Question: does this swgemu game starts like the original swg empire divided?

Oaken
06-06-2012, 01:42 AM
Question: does this swgemu game starts like the original swg empire divided?

Yup, its all Pre-Cu upto Pub 14.1

shadowgirl
06-06-2012, 03:16 AM
the wipes are just practice for the real thing. :)

i'm having a fantastic time on Basilisk!

thanks Team!

Oaken
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
the wipes are just practice for the real thing. :)

i'm having a fantastic time on Basilisk!

thanks Team!

Same here as well as on TC Nova :D Roll on the 11th!

bioda
06-07-2012, 12:42 AM
The wipes are what keep me from playing....and I want my YT1300 back. I so missed this game:( When JTL is added U wont be able to keep me away!

Even with the wipes this is the best game to play right now :) I'm getting lots of practice for when it finally becomes stable.

DarthPatton
06-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Great stuff! Wipe as much as you need ,as long as I can log into galaxies and play that's all that matters. Keep up the great work!

jradar71
06-07-2012, 10:45 PM
I love to find this!! I quit playing 1 week after the CU was applied. SWTOR is a big disappointment compared the original SWG. I do have a few questions since I just started yesterday.

1) What is the best/most accurate way to get server status.
2) Will characters be deleted on the upcoming wipe? Or just the material items?

I hope to see this project mature and take off. That would be awesome. Great Work so far!

Vlada
06-07-2012, 10:57 PM
1. IRC #serverstatus channel or our server status gadget.
2. Everything will be wiped

vuse
06-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Are we still on target for the 11th?

DustinH1997
06-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Does jedi come back for this wipe?

AgustinSarro
06-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Can u choose jedi proffession when u Begin.?

chiwar7178
06-08-2012, 02:41 AM

You sure can--but only after you spend months of your life grinding to master the random professions, and fulfilling other seemingly-random requirements. After all that, you'll get another character slot that is a jeedai.

Demarco
06-08-2012, 03:04 AM

The selectable proffession JEDI was NGE. That's exactly NOT what you will find here. THis is the pre-CU version or the 2003 original version of the game. To become a Jedi takes T-I-M-E and is aided by holocrons that are looted from NPCs that tell you what profession you need to master to become "force-sensiative". That is until you complete the next to last one, the last profession is not told to you by a holocron or any other method, it's just a guess. So you work one and check your Force sensetivity, if it unlocks you can begin the jedi trials that are a LENGTHY process or if not you do another profession until it pops.

The idea is Jedi are RARE... They are not supposed to be everywhere, in the movies there were only Obi-Wan, Luke and Yoda. And the Sith Darth Vader we discovered later was Anakin.

So... If you want to be a Jedi, be prepared to earn it my friend, it takes EFFORT.

Rumpels
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Took me 9 months to unlock my Jeedaaiiii back in the day...........and I loved EVERY minute of it :)

Excellant work DEVs/Mods and all involved.

dfe87
06-08-2012, 10:31 AM

Is he trolling?!?

mysticwolf
06-08-2012, 10:45 AM
i know it has been said many times before, but my hats off to the dev crew for bringing the most awesome game back to life, this is the second online game i ever played, and i have sorely missed it since NGE came out, i still go back to the swg websight (or did for about a year) after i left the game even tho it was changed to the NGE gameset, i think your team is doing an amazing job and i owe you a debt of gratitude for what you are doing

Thanks
Mystic

mysticwolf
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM
this may have been asked before and if it has please forgive the repetition, but is there going to be any of the CU content (post 14.1 but Pre NGE)

Vlada
06-08-2012, 12:36 PM
After 1.0 is released, not before.

Iceship
06-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Vlada you are awesome! :D i'm so excited! Just one thing i would like to know, at Jabba's palace it seemed the band was always bugged (in sony's SWG) Only Oola danced, droopy would play but his instrument was invisible, and max didnt play either. will there be a fix for this in SWGEmu? Also Oola wears a twi'lek crest bone but her lekku go backward when wearing the hat. When us players do it goes forward. any plans to work on that? :)

Vlada
06-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I have no idea.

AgustinSarro
06-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Is he trolling?!?

Wow, Im not trolling im just asking, and also I have just started at this. When I played original SWG, you were able to start with Jedi profession, and when i saw videos from this one, it didnt show a jedi selection thats why i asked this so think before you post...

Vlada
06-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Wow, Im not trolling im just asking, and also I have just started at this. When I played original SWG, you were able to start with Jedi profession, and when i saw videos from this one, it didnt show a jedi selection thats why i asked this so think before you post...

You are right, definitely not trolling.

I apologize on behalf of this community.

dfe87
06-09-2012, 09:42 PM
It was just a question... But glad u got ur answer...

jjdnb
06-12-2012, 01:06 AM
thats great cuz i'm about to start playing in the next few weeks!

CassusFett33
06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Any chance of a quick *Feign Death* fix ? I think it is putting people off playing Smuggler.

chiwar7178
06-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Any chance of a quick *Feign Death* fix ? I think it is putting people off playing Smuggler.

I'm pretty sure that I can speak for the Devs and Staff on this one: "quick" as in before v1.0, yes. "Quick" as in this week, probably not. Spice and slice are the two things I really want from smuggler. Feign death < low blow anyway. :D

cevlar6
06-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Finally. i cant believe how far swgemu has gone.

CassusFett33
06-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that I can speak for the Devs and Staff on this one: "quick" as in before v1.0, yes. "Quick" as in this week, probably not. Spice and slice are the two things I really want from smuggler. Feign death < low blow anyway. :D

One ability is easier to do than spice and slice.

So there.

Akask1
06-14-2012, 04:14 AM
Bravo devs! :D

Redfox
06-16-2012, 11:27 AM
I can hardly get into the game with the cap on it atm. I know i have to be patient but i'm close to throwing my toys out of the pram. I bet its those afk grinders taking all the spaces.

Vlada
06-16-2012, 11:32 AM
No, server was deadlocked.

Redfox
06-16-2012, 02:33 PM
No, server was deadlocked.

Yeah i know, just venting my frustation on here as the cat has stopped listening to me. Its great we have such a large community, even better when you can accomendate them all. As soon as i finished the message i tried again and got in lol, typical.

AgustinSarro
06-17-2012, 01:52 AM
What profession would be recommended to unlock jedi?

Gafi_Eldom
06-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Artisan...:)

voseedo
06-17-2012, 09:26 PM
hey, i was wondering if you are thinking of increasing the cap? i know you have probably been asked this before, so dont really want to be repetitive - but it's very frustrating crashing and then not being able to get back on! lol - but great work, the game is looking amazing!

Dark_Link_
06-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Hey I've looked around but couldn't find any info, when will the Bazaars be open again? its been about a week since it stated, and if i remember right someone said it was going to be about a week before they're back up
thanks!

Vlada
06-17-2012, 10:37 PM
No, kyle is still working on them.

Jmarcos
06-17-2012, 11:44 PM
new to SWGEMU but i have to say Tank you guys for all of your amazing work and dedication to keeping this great game alive

arween
06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
welcome Jmarcos and enjoy the best mmo we played ever!

ArizonianJen
06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
*Agreeed* =)

I wish it was 'Sometime in the future' already :)

Anyways I'm having a blast. Thanks to the team for putting so much time and effort into this.

GuyDing22
06-19-2012, 07:28 AM
I must say thanks to all the devs that have been working so hard on this! I do have one question. If Alpha is adding all the major features and Beta is expanding on the major features would JTL be an Alpha release or a Beta release? Not that it really matters. I'm just curious :D

ampoirier
06-21-2012, 01:06 AM
I created a character yesterday, 6/19/12 on Nova. Dropped a house in a player city, very near Mos Eisley. Now when I log in today, that character seems to no longer exist. I cannot log back into her, becuz there
is no record of her. I tried relogging and everything, but no signs of her having existed. Any idea what happened?

Ellyssia
06-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Nova was wiped today

ampoirier
06-21-2012, 01:12 AM
ahh, okie :( lol, I always pick the best times to do things, hehe. Sorry I only tried one other time to do EMU and that was just shortly after SWG went byebye. Though I miss it soooo much. How often does the Nova
server get wiped? As in, does it have a set time each week or something? Just for future knowledge.

Darth Nautas
06-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Nova is for testing, so it may be wiped ANYTIME.

If you want a somewhat more stable server, create your toons on Basilisk. That one is for play-testing, and subject to wipes ONLY IF they are needed, i.e. a major bug that requires substantial changes to character record.

danydaniel2
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
so, does this means that basilick will be safe from wipes until release or needed, and suncrusher will NEVER be wiped, even if there is a huge bug?

Vlada
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
so, does this means that basilick will be safe from wipes until release or needed, and suncrusher will NEVER be wiped, even if there is a huge bug?

That's the idea.

megatarre
06-24-2012, 09:31 PM
I just want to say thank you for bringing back the best mmo I have ever played. I am going to donate right now in fact to help a little out. I can't wait to re make my big wookie on Basilick live that experience all over agian. Thanks you dev team!!!!!!

Just gave $10.00 doing this each payday thats $20.00 each month !!!!!

Tho-Du Brann
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
I just want to say thank you for bringing back the best mmo I have ever played. I am going to donate right now in fact to help a little out. I can't wait to re make my big wookie on Basilick live that experience all over agian. Thanks you dev team!!!!!!

Just gave $10.00 doing this each payday thats $20.00 each month !!!!!

I am in total agreement with this statement. And totally about to begin donating 10$ every payday as well. But that's 40$ a month from me guys! Let's make this game as stable as possible. :)

Scooter04
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
well as soon as i am resituated i to will be donating....

just let me have "Sas-quatch" for my name again ...dashes dont work in wookiee names like the used to...

but here in a couple months ill be donating like i was subed to sony.....

you guys are doing an awsome job!!

EndoCableman
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
first off id like to say

\worship the ground you walk on;

and for years I wished I'd meet one of the Sony bigwigs that started CU and NGE in a dark alley :)

you guys are great, Im home again.. Please never listen to the little whinners that say the game is to hard, not that I feel you would. I patiently await finial wipe and enjoy every min the server lets me stay logged in and will donate the normal 15$ a month I waisted all these years on all the games that never filled the void. The darkside of the force is as strong as ever in me.. thanks again...

ArizonianJen
06-26-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm SO thankful to see people in charge of SWG that care about it and love it as much as the rest of us!

Thank-you for keeping the greatest game ever made alive and kicking 24/7!

Your hard work is ALWAYS appreciated, please never forget that. <3

May the force be with you all!

laxd33
06-26-2012, 02:32 AM
I can't thank you all enough for bringing this back... I mean honestly, I'd take ANY version of SWG, but the fact that you're making it REAL DEAL pre CU is like having my cake and eating it too (cutting it with a lightsaber of course).
I am REALLY glad to see so many people donating too, I will definitely be donating regularly. Looking forward to JTL and an ever growing community... THANKS AGAIN! :)

Hellsduck
06-26-2012, 07:13 PM
I am so glad that we will soon be playing the greatest game ever released. As posted above, when we lost SWG pre cu, weall got a VOID. Cant wait to get in there and start crafting a whole new world.

wellebh
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
I stumbled upon this SWGemu, and I knew exactly where my original SWG discs were (in a display case, of course), so I got setup and playing within minutes. Just wanted to express my gratitude to the Devs and QA - even if the server goes offline permanently, it was refreshing to even have just a few hours with my old friend SWG. Keep up the good work!

Cycon
06-28-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree, this project revives a game I feel was ahead of it's time. A sandbox mmo. I still think new mmo's need to look to swg precu for the wow killer. Anyway, I plan to support the project as long as I can, kudos to all who do and to the devs for all the excellent work!

wexan26
07-02-2012, 03:04 PM
I would like to say thankyou to the team and community. I am a freelance Communication/Graphic Designer with a bachelors degree, I will support this game with a donation asap. If you guys need anything please feel free to contact me, whatever you need free of charge. You brought me to tears when I first logged in and realized the past was not gone forever... I just want to help in any way that I can!

wonderin01
07-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Thank you SO much for taking on this huge task. From entertainer performance groups to enormous customization of characters, homes and crafted items, this remains one of the best MMO's I've ever played, and I'm far more proud of supporting you to make it happen than of having supported SOE, The Evil Empire.

Recurring donation made, with my heartfelt thanks for so much immersive fun. =o)

Sillysith
07-03-2012, 09:26 PM
I love you guys for doing this! None of the games I've played since can hold a candle to this! Thank you again! I went to WoW to get my hunter pet fix at NGE but just wasn't the same.

Vanquisher
07-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Awsooome ! I think I coud actualy donate some money when the "No-whipe" Server goes live :) Continue the good work guys !

Tuwin
07-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I can't believe this is real. Thank you to all involved. I'm new around here so still trying to learn the whole history of how this emu came to be and what to expect out of the future. Still the best MMO of all time.

sigurthkhayman
07-08-2012, 09:10 PM
good news indeed

jjay100
07-14-2012, 04:34 PM
sounds cool, when will it acctually be the old swg?

Vlada
07-14-2012, 05:03 PM
sounds cool, when will it acctually be the old swg?

When its done. No ETA.

Veldrane
07-18-2012, 08:07 AM
I d lost my old account but i m following this project since 2006.... great work from DEVS.

Today when i logged and c character creation screen i felt really good!!! Hope this epic project reach the objective!

bigvoltron
07-19-2012, 11:42 AM
No, not ETA's, just a timeline with no times. LOL. More likea game plan. I wish there was an ETA

Vlada
07-19-2012, 12:05 PM
No, not ETA's, just a timeline with no times. LOL. More likea game plan. I wish there was an ETA

I wish i had a wallaby that can predict future, a gerbil that talks and can communicate with wallabies and a turnip.

jaximus
07-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I wish i had a wallaby that can predict future, a gerbil that talks and can communicate with wallabies and a turnip.

Only know 1 wallaby, that's Rocko, can't predict the future. SOL on that one. Not sure about the gerbil, but you should try calling Dr. Dolittle....... But I tell you what... If you need I'll send you the money to buy a turnip.

now that that's covered.....

localhorse
07-19-2012, 11:07 PM
It wouldn't help. Gerbils are pathological liars.

Grimez
07-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Will an appearance tab be included?

Vlada
07-20-2012, 01:07 AM
No.

0vr0
07-20-2012, 02:15 AM

I know a platypus that may be able to help... ^_^

/hi5 for all the efforts

Asura <Ahazi>

Chui
07-20-2012, 02:24 AM
When its done. No ETA.

(Channeling Yogi Berra )

"It ain't over till it's over"

Mayumi
07-20-2012, 06:12 PM
It wouldn't help. Gerbils are pathological liars.

...and HORRIBLE translators. They get the context all wrong. You can't count on them for much of anything-aside from eating turnips.

Zachary591
07-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Cant thank you guys enough. Honored be thy names.

Sajun
07-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I swear I played for an hour this morning and accomplished not a single thing, and still had more fun than I've ever had in an mmo. That's what makes SWG so wonderful.

I'm not a CU or pre CU player, I started around the time of the NGE and played till the game was shut down, but even the NGE version of the game meant as much to me as the pre CU version means to some, so when it shut down I was crushed. I'm so happy that I can log into the game again from now on. Even though it's an entirely new experience for me it's still just as important.

moonbabe
07-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks to all involved that has gotten us to where we are now. The work must have been extremely difficult, and I applaud all of you for your sacrifice to bring us this wonderful game ! Thank you so very much :)

Valosna Risloe
07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
i played for years and I am glad we still have a come to pay our respects to our friends of old and to at least keep their memory alive!

lorddryst
07-21-2012, 08:09 PM
I played SWG for about a year and I fell in love with it. It's defiantly one of the most unique MMO's to date. When they shut it down I was very unhappy at the fact that we as games wouldn't be able to experience this game anymore. Thank you everyone for making this Game happen. I do miss my AT-ST walker that I got when I purchased the BIG BOX. I do hope that will one day be implemented. Anyways THANK YOU SO MUCH for bringing this back to life. And from what I've seen its even better than the original. Great Job You have made a member till the end.

Kraythunt
07-21-2012, 09:28 PM
I played SWG from september 03' after my dad managed to sneakily order a copy from america (to the UK) up until just after the NGE, I popped back every few months just to check up on the game, and I played for the last 6 months of it, until its death...I always prefered pre-CU/pre-NGE, and I heard something about a group of people making the EMU a while back and I was so excited for it, though I never really heard about it again until summer last year when I managed to start playing it, its been an amazing time and I cant wait for it to be 'complete' or ready for official servers, I've never once played a game with playability such as SWG, I could spend hours alone, or hours inside a cantina talking with people...building and designing player cities or my own personal houses...its just so amazing! I'm just so thankful to the people who put in hours and hours in order to sort all the code out so that I can play!!

heyiamcoolya2
07-21-2012, 09:52 PM
SWGEmu is my addiction. :D

sirwackerxxx
07-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I played SWG from september 03' after my dad managed to sneakily order a copy from america (to the UK) up until just after the NGE, I popped back every few months just to check up on the game, and I played for the last 6 months of it, until its death...I always prefered pre-CU/pre-NGE, and I heard something about a group of people making the EMU a while back and I was so excited for it, though I never really heard about it again until summer last year when I managed to start playing it, its been an amazing time and I cant wait for it to be 'complete' or ready for official servers, I've never once played a game with playability such as SWG, I could spend hours alone, or hours inside a cantina talking with people...building and designing player cities or my own personal houses...its just so amazing! I'm just so thankful to the people who put in hours and hours in order to sort all the code out so that I can play!!

There are a lot of MMO's out there and this one is very basic as things go. But...... It pulls together all the aspects of a great game. I love crafting and searching for resources. What really draws me to it is building my own house and decorating it in game. Silly I know but no game yet has pulled off a great MMO and then given you to option to relax.... zoom to your house and just have some friends over to chat with.... Allows you to still play but take it back a notch to enjoy the social aspect of things. WOW really dropped the ball on player housing... All they would have had to do was upgrade the crafting system and zone off some areas for people to build in. That would have been amazing.... O well. I plan on donating money in the future towards server fee's. I would gladly donate every payday once they have a stable server. May I recommend a discrete area in the forums telling us what you need per month and what so far has been collected. I don't want this to die for lack of money. I am sure there are many diehard members who can easily afford to drop money towards the cause.

crayontm
07-28-2012, 12:02 AM
I know the difficulties of migrating servers. I was thinking, would it be possible, when the Live server comes up, that instead of a clean wipe, of a transfer of characters only, no supplies, items, etc., just a transfer of characters so the grind isn't unbearable to do again to reach master status of multiple professions? I would be, as I assume others as well, extremely thrilled to have my character, and character skills only, transferred over. Is this possible?

bieho
07-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks for all.
My best wishes for this great project.
Greetings from Spain.

Sajun
07-28-2012, 11:29 PM
There are a lot of MMO's out there and this one is very basic as things go. But...... It pulls together all the aspects of a great game. I love crafting and searching for resources. What really draws me to it is building my own house and decorating it in game. Silly I know but no game yet has pulled off a great MMO and then given you to option to relax.... zoom to your house and just have some friends over to chat with.... Allows you to still play but take it back a notch to enjoy the social aspect of things. WOW really dropped the ball on player housing... All they would have had to do was upgrade the crafting system and zone off some areas for people to build in. That would have been amazing.... O well. I plan on donating money in the future towards server fee's. I would gladly donate every payday once they have a stable server. May I recommend a discrete area in the forums telling us what you need per month and what so far has been collected. I don't want this to die for lack of money. I am sure there are many diehard members who can easily afford to drop money towards the cause.

This. All of it. You beat me to it so I'll just quote. =)

Sajun
07-28-2012, 11:30 PM
I know the difficulties of migrating servers. I was thinking, would it be possible, when the Live server comes up, that instead of a clean wipe, of a transfer of characters only, no supplies, items, etc., just a transfer of characters so the grind isn't unbearable to do again to reach master status of multiple professions? I would be, as I assume others as well, extremely thrilled to have my character, and character skills only, transferred over. Is this possible?

I'm sure this is possible, though would probably take more coding, so I dunno that they'll do it. Also they did say there was one more wipe before Suncrusher so ya know. =(

It would be nice though. I wouldn't mind starting over from 0 credits and no items at all if I just didn't have to grind yet again. =(

Totlich
07-29-2012, 12:38 PM
I'll grind it again, I dont care. BRING IT!!

crayontm
07-29-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm sure this is possible, though would probably take more coding, so I dunno that they'll do it. Also they did say there was one more wipe before Suncrusher so ya know. =(

It would be nice though. I wouldn't mind starting over from 0 credits and no items at all if I just didn't have to grind yet again. =(

exactly. that final wipe too will be to start over completely. although nice, will suck to grind it all again. I am up for only character transfer, although you are again stuck with any name you chose.

1timer303
07-31-2012, 06:53 AM
LTJ a guild also thank you woot!

Truley
07-31-2012, 10:30 PM

To be honest, I'd play it as is (minus the server deadlocks) for another few years. It's playable and has a whole lot more than when it first started.

ANd as is, it still beats WoW!

Austin34
07-31-2012, 11:43 PM
Waiting patiently for space combat! :D cant wait for it... or is that not even close. cus space is what made the game for me. cruising in my tie fighter. that was the funnest thing ive ever experienced!
Long live the Empire. Long live the Emperor!

Vanquisher
08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Hey guys. How about an update of the timeline ? It can't be so far in the future anymore until Suncrusher will be launched, not ?

Ellyssia
08-03-2012, 04:35 PM
We're still in Alpha... it's gonna be a while.

magesghost
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
hey all i just join the emu a few days ago and im loving what i see but sadly im more used to the after CU gameplay soo i have alot to start learning, but what i miss the vast amounts of content that was added after NGE so im hoping to one day see some of its again one day

P.S. i really miss my lava cannon

Voreidian
08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
^^^^ I hope you have a flame retardant suit... because I feel the heat already coming in your direction... The content you speak of will never make it into this game. There is a reason why we are playing PRE-CU... the only additional content that will appear are JTL and the FS Villiage (jury's still out on that one)... If you believe for it to be otherwise, you've been grossly misinformed I'm afraid.

Tiars
08-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Actually content like additional theme parks is not against the philosophy of the SWGemu. They are just not part of the charter for version 1.0 of this software.

For people that were part of the game when the CU hit, the problem was with the vast change in game play with the new combat system, armor certs and quest rewards that were superior to what could be crafted. I would actually say that the vast majority would like to see the Marauder, Witches of Dathomir, Secrets of the Syren and similar content added to the game.

But the project timeline is devoted to copying the game, hopefully without the bugs, as it existed with Publish 14.1.

This unfortunately means that balance issues between the professions, diversity in armor styles and other similar issues should not be a part of 1.0. These things, like additional quest content will have to wait till after 1.0 is done and may need to be done by others. The developers have talked about 1.0 coming with powerful content creation tools that will allow people who set up their own servers to create their own theme parks, or try to emulate in game content that SOE added in the way of quests, on their own.

greg pooganus
08-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Possible server cap raise? I haven't been able to get on for 2 days because the server is full :( I just came back 3 days ago!

don1974
08-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Me too i am triyng to play but impossible . I hope they could increase server cap so more ppl can play .

mj85
08-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Me 3. I'm die'n here. Is it possible that there will be more than one server sometime in the future. How about releasing the Alpha and beta stages of the server side software as you guys make it. An incomplete version is better than no version at all. Dose anyone know if load balance clustering will be available in the release version. So even if the cap is 3000 we could have a 3 server cluster and get 9000 people?

kzanadylan
08-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Finally decided to come back to swgemu Looked on the project updates good work devs and everyone lots of good things chanched while i was gone :)
Keep up the good work

Sppac42
08-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank god i am back playing this game, you guys are doing a great job SWGEmu FTW!

Sppac42
08-07-2012, 02:22 PM
if you guys just keep logging out (in-game logout) and log back in, you will eventually be able to get in after about 5 tries id say. At least that's how it worked for me server was caped but i kept trying to log in and it eventually let me in.

AzizaEno
08-07-2012, 08:52 PM
"Almost there.... almost there" :)

mediaflare
08-07-2012, 11:18 PM
question: was space ships and space combat AFTER or BEFORE the CU? because as i am waiting for my disks to arrive, i realized i never played pre-CU, but from what i read, it seems much more vast and fun, but i hear little about the ships. if it's after CU, will we find a way to bring it in anyways?

AzizaEno
08-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Jump to Lightspeed is Pre-CU

don1974
08-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Indeed it is is the reason way I play I loved to spent time into my KImogila :-)

mediaflare
08-08-2012, 02:46 PM
that's good to hear, now to wait for my disks to arrive in the mail!

voseedo
08-08-2012, 04:14 PM
hello, i'm not sure if this has been asked and have tried to find out... any idea when the Creature Handler prof will be?

Great work with everything else, really impressive!!

Ellyssia
08-08-2012, 04:17 PM
No ETA on CH.

Telex
08-10-2012, 03:41 AM
No ETA on CH.

No CH makes me a very very sad panda =I

nikoz78
08-11-2012, 12:05 AM
I know you devs can feel the genuine love and respect; love for the game and the deep respect we fans have for all you gorilla developers that made it possible for Star Wars Galaxies to LIVE once again. Thank you so much.

corwinpurkey
08-12-2012, 01:33 AM
i love pre-cu and swg i started during the first release my dad bought it and allowed me to play his account when i was like 12 , anyway im pretty sure stgemu will surpass the original in every way i think it is possible for them to even add content to the original and things we have yet to see right now i am looking forward to Jump to lightspeed but i played it before jtl and enjoyed it without it so i will wait patiently for it to come out, as long as fans to the star wars universe and swg stay true and are willing to put there personal time effort and money into it swg will never die and perhaps might eventually be able to purchase the rights to the game and host and operate its game play without worry of copyright infringement and might well again from there be able to be pay to play or free to play with buy-able expansions as i see it there are endless opportunities to what SWGemu could become as it is a by fans for the fans community.

bebba5
08-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Hello, I have a question re: the atmospheric flight vids I have seen on youtube. Basically were those videos taken on Liberator before the switch? Then leading into how long do you estimate we will be able to try that out on nova? =P Also want to thank everyone who works on this project you make gaming fun again. And your time and effort is much appreciated by myself and others like me.

Vlada
08-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Hello, I have a question re: the atmospheric flight vids I have seen on youtube. Basically were those videos taken on Liberator before the switch? Then leading into how long do you estimate we will be able to try that out on nova? =P Also want to thank everyone who works on this project you make gaming fun again. And your time and effort is much appreciated by myself and others like me.

Nope, atmospheric flight was added to Nova. It was more TheAnswer messing around them the actual atmospheric flight, took him some 30 minutes to implement it. It was disabled before Alpha and i really doubt it will be re-added any time soon.

bebba5
08-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Alrighty, awesome response time btw!!! thanks for the qucik answer. Mind if I ask another? Do appearance mods work with this emu? say composite to mando mod. I'd just like to be sure before I go f'ing around with the mod, don't wanna screw anything up

Vlada
08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Some of the old mods work... others dont. Someone was supposed to test composite to mando mod and let me know if it works, but i guess they havent got around to it yet.

FiTExNiTE
08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
I am new to this swgemu. but i played swg from 2003-2006, and then again in 2008. i was sad to see it go, it was my favorite game on pc or console of all time. i noticed this website and im blown away. incredible work guys seriously. lucky for me i still have my original discs in working order and have installed and played swgemu, looks fantastic. i cannot wait for this to be fully up and running, its insane. i love ur team or dedicated hard working star wars fans for bringing us star wars fans our favorite game back. thank u everyone who is making this possible.

LOGANS
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Well.... I played SWG since the begining....... almost 8 years i think...... I had 3 accounts, I Played, my kid played with me also..... and they closed the best game i have ever seen....

I have tried STO, SWTOR and many other games and , well, any of them is close to SWG.... All of them are worst, by far....

That said, i have take a decision: I have cancelled all my suscriptions to all those "FAKE" games (lol), and i will give my money to this project..... I am so happy on hearing about SWG, in any of its stages..... I will support this project not only with my money but with my heart, in the hope that some day we will recover our ingame Honour and our fun times as we had in the past.

I encourage to the Cummunity to become "rebels" forget those F2P that promise everything and give nothing, forget those games in which having a good stuf means to buy it and help this project instead, to arise the higer levels of customer satisfaction (our satisfaction). We all should contribute to develop and support this game , with money, with support, with any tool we may imagine....... We can and we must recover what SOE and Lucas have destroyed without considering nothing but their own stupid interest in behalf of a bad business with SWTOR.... we must and we can rewrite our ingame History......, i think , and i will try my best. The Community are Us.

Thanks to the Dev and Community team for supporting this project....

Now, the only thing i need is to hear about some kind of Space in SWGEMU..... That day i will be absolutelly Happy, once i recover my xwing and my space stuff.....

Big hughs to the Team and the Community

Gazini
08-12-2012, 09:00 PM
I have been an enormous fan of the game since the days of pre-cu. Alot of us here know that SWG was the best MMO of all time. I had been following the SWGemu community for a while and have seen many developers come and go but...this is just amazing. I have fallen in love with the game again and I've only been back for 2 days. Thank you guys so much. My only complaint? Server cap! I can't log in!

peace and love
Gaz

thank you thank you thank you!

Quick question/suggestion - Has there ever been some sort of organized "money bomb" for the devs and maybe for some hardware improvements? I don't know if that occasional lag in game is a server issue or what but if 3000 people donated just 5 dollars we could raise 15k for upgrades. Just a thought.

Vlada
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Quick question/suggestion - Has there ever been some sort of organized "money bomb" for the devs and maybe for some hardware improvements? I don't know if that occasional lag in game is a server issue or what but if 3000 people donated just 5 dollars we could raise 15k for upgrades. Just a thought.

Donations and hardware isnt the problem atm, its the software, we have reached its limits. TheAnswer is constantly tweaking and optimizing it but that takes time.

bebba5
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Some of the old mods work... others dont. Someone was supposed to test composite to mando mod and let me know if it works, but i guess they havent got around to it yet.

Well i can get all the armor pieces minus the helmet to look like mando lol i remember running into a similar situation modding swglive, seems to be a race issue though trandoshans and sullustians wont get the helmet to work, while with humans it will work.

Hunterbaine
08-13-2012, 05:06 AM
I have watched the progress of SWG emu after NGE. I Played SWG off and on since shortly after launch. I had made some long time friends in the game and was very digruntled by NGE which I over came with time and then the closing of SWG. Many of us have gone on to play other games but often talk about SWG as if it was more than a virtual world but a once living breathing entity. I honestly didn't think SWG EMU would progress to the level it has and I am very hopeful it continues. I appreciate very much the hard work that has been put into this project and I will be watching with great interest at its progression. To those who have put so much into this project I can only say thank you. It is a wonderful thing to watch something like this come into fruition.

Thank you,
Hunterbaine

minika omeno
08-19-2012, 06:30 AM
YAY! i cant wait for suncrusher!!!!!

minika omeno
08-19-2012, 06:34 AM
yeah i remimber those first days when we were all jedi on dant MO and my friends and i were so so excited to be playing pre CU again!!!! i cant beleve how much this game has kinda become a second life call me a addict but o well ill take that title over SWG lol its funny how in RL situations i somtimes think o this happened in SWG one time and this is how it played out for everyone but i cant come out and say that stuff because some people who diddnt play SWG would have me commited :P so yes thank thank thank thank you!!!!!

Tirael1990
08-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello, Sorry for my english, im Canadien (french)

Someone can tell me, (pretty much) how long will take the release of Suncrusher ? 1 year ? 6 months ?

Thanks for your help and apologize my english

Vlada
08-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Your guess is as good as mine.

Zyraxis
08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Hello, Sorry for my english, im Canadien (french)

Someone can tell me, (pretty much) how long will take the release of Suncrusher ? 1 year ? 6 months ?

Thanks for your help and apologize my english

At the rate they're patching and testing things (not that it's a bad thing to be thorough) i would put a guess at 1-2 years, provided no real pressing real life issues stop them from having to give up volunteering for the project for any length of time

Vanquisher
08-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Ah... 2 years sound a bit exaggerated. Winter 2012/2013 would be nice...

udshotdown
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
SWGEMU -- love it, love it, love it, love it, love it

Lethal Weapon
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
I joined swg a month or so after release after a friend told me to get it. I loaded in for the first time and he gave me a speeder to get me started. That was it, i was hooked. Just about passed my degree and thats only because you could do stuff whilst semi afk:P Anyway, i stuck with it for many years. Even when WoW came out and most of my mates left i stayed on swg until the nge came. NGE was the end...just a completly different game, so i finally left. (although it sucked me back in from time to time:P)

anyway just wanted to say you've done an awesome job. Brings back so many good memories, its amazing how quickly it grabs hold of you.

much appreciated to all

Cheers

Lethal Weapon

Mirren
09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
So good to be home! Thank You

Chamillion
09-02-2012, 09:11 AM
At the rate they're patching and testing things (not that it's a bad thing to be thorough) i would put a guess at 1-2 years, provided no real pressing real life issues stop them from having to give up volunteering for the project for any length of time

Put your money on this statement.

Put your faith on this one.

Gazini
09-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Just curious....so every time the server goes down is something being tweaked, added or removed?

<3

Vlada
09-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Just curious....so every time the server goes down is something being tweaked, added or removed?

<3

Pretty much, well if TA manages to find what caused it to go down.

theapexofthevortex
09-03-2012, 06:55 AM
I played SWG pre-cu when I was very young and was hooked since. Unfortunately because I was so young I never got as deep into it as I wanted. Recently I got into SWTOR and was honestly a little disappointed, it made me miss the original SWG. I heard about SWGEmu one day, downloaded it and I cant stop playing. Thank all you guys for your hard work and I really hope SWGEmu will continue to grow and be around for a long time

MKDAWUSS
09-03-2012, 09:02 PM

This is an amateur indie project. 2 years is actually rather generous.

Broceidon
09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
I joined swg a month or so after release after a friend told me to get it. I loaded in for the first time and he gave me a speeder to get me started. That was it, i was hooked. Just about passed my degree and thats only because you could do stuff whilst semi afk:P Anyway, i stuck with it for many years. Even when WoW came out and most of my mates left i stayed on swg until the nge came. NGE was the end...just a completly different game, so i finally left. (although it sucked me back in from time to time:P)

anyway just wanted to say you've done an awesome job. Brings back so many good memories, its amazing how quickly it grabs hold of you.

much appreciated to all

Cheers

Lethal Weapon

Wow I just wanted to say that this is pretty much my exact same story with SWG. Friend told me to get it, got in game, guild mate gave me a speeder and from that moment I was h-o-o-k-e-d. Quit at NGE, came back from time to time :P but it just wasn't the same!

And yes thank you so much SWG emu devs. I started playing emu 2 days ago and I'll say this has been quite a trip down memory lane so far. Enjoying every last second of it. Thank you sooooo much devs!!!

I played SWG pre-cu when I was very young and was hooked since. Unfortunately because I was so young I never got as deep into it as I wanted. Recently I got into SWTOR and was honestly a little disappointed, it made me miss the original SWG. I heard about SWGEmu one day, downloaded it and I cant stop playing. Thank all you guys for your hard work and I really hope SWGEmu will continue to grow and be around for a long time

Also ditto! :D

Lopus
10-01-2012, 05:16 AM
I don't know what to say, this is just so awesome. The game yes, but the fact that there are so many talented people willing to spend so much time and intellectual capitol make the best game I ever played which was taken away come back... thank you doesn't cut it, the English language does not have a word or expression. I have started learning code on a website maybe one day I can help.

Vantaylor
10-01-2012, 02:40 PM
This weeks update is very much appreciated.

bigvoltron
10-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Rodians rule. I'm just saying.

odericko
10-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Just want to give many thanks to the people that make this possible. I never got to play SWG back before the infamous patch, and lost all interest to play it after reading how less of a game it was afterwards. I just started playing last night and stayed up till 3 AM playing when I had work at 8, heheh. Definitely gonna be supporting this with $10 from each paycheck as long as I play.

LaberNater
10-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I havnt been on here in a while guys, I come back every so often and I still have my Original Galaxies Case next to my monitor...Waiting....for the day this EMU comes out. All of my buddies are waiting as well. Keep it up. I love you SWGEMU.

Rippster
10-16-2012, 05:51 AM
This is an amateur indie project. 2 years is actually rather generous.

Agreed.

I sure wish a few past devs would come back, it's making me nervous.

kush_zombie
10-16-2012, 05:54 PM
going to try not to rage or trololol ,wondering actual eta on playable game?been nearly half a year w/o update on this timeline and the stable/unstables doesnt tell much on bigger picture.

0nyx
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
going to try not to rage or trololol ,wondering actual eta on playable game?been nearly half a year w/o update on this timeline and the stable/unstables doesnt tell much on bigger picture.

Well, looking in the right place might help:) The timeline at the beginning of this thread doesn't really answer the question you're actually asking.

Publish 1: The Warren and Vendors (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48455) was mid-July, three months ago this Thurs. And of course the faction items and some of the other themeparks are being added to Test center currently.

Essentiall, depending on what features you're looking for, the game may already be very playable for you.

badvali
10-18-2012, 02:29 AM
tis already very playable...all volunteer driven, created. no she ain't at publish 13 but come on this is a great community of devs and players. there is not a game community out there like the swg loyals.

unclefarkus
10-26-2012, 01:06 AM
I think the promise of another character wipe is enough to keep people away right now. SWG characters have already been wiped once after all :D

TeeJayFlow
10-28-2012, 04:35 AM
I think the promise of another character wipe is enough to keep people away right now. SWG characters have already been wiped once after all :DDefinitely, that's why I keep coming back to this thread hoping it says current project status "No wipes ever again, official release" so I can play without threat of a wipe :D

billwun
10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Just wanted to drop a hearty THANKS! to the amazing folks who are putting this together. Never thought I'd see a dust storm outside of Mos Eisley while grinding on womprats again, and yet here I am! To me this is like the MMO version of Valinor... the greatest MMO in all its early splendor (before the marketing boys decided things needed to be "fixed") and put together by the players themselves... just simply awesome!

Any hint of an ETA for Creature Handler, Bio-Engineer, and more to the point Creature Mounts & Pets? Just wonderin'

mrsanders
10-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Any hint of an ETA for Creature Handler, Bio-Engineer, and more to the point Creature Mounts & Pets? Just wonderin'

When it is done. (No ETA, ever).

kush_zombie
10-28-2012, 10:28 PM
but see you said it yourself in test center,this whole game is in beta stage and i refuse to do the exact same thing over and over again so without avoiding the question when will real release come?

mrsanders
10-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Not avoiding the question, there exists NO answer. Noone, not even the developers know.

Rulk
11-04-2012, 04:50 AM
Just a thought but i think the timeline needs a update or at least remove old eta dates..... i feel eta's are a good thing to have up don't get me wrong and they can be realistic as these were and they were achieved too most commendable so i suggest add a achievable and date to shoot for to keep us motivated to see your hard work completed :) this cant be said enough good work you guys and gals keep it up don't tire out.

rashaudlove
11-05-2012, 03:09 AM
I don't want to burst any bubbles but i must say. reading this from the latest to older all i see is fans who who are just ragging about their game not being ready. Yes give these guys and gals props for making it this far and pushing forward. Instead of asking for eta's why not create the eta that you want to see by asking how can I help and get involved. I'm sorry but the question just buggs me and I am not a developer. I feel that we can not just relive the good old days as fans but we also can push the envelop and become part of the Star Wars extended universe with this game so lets chip in, instead of buggin for ETAs.

GreenAnnie
11-05-2012, 02:25 PM
I don't want to burst any bubbles but i must say. reading this from the latest to older all i see is fans who who are just ragging about their game not being ready. Yes give these guys and gals props for making it this far and pushing forward. Instead of asking for eta's why not create the eta that you want to see by asking how can I help and get involved. I'm sorry but the question just buggs me and I am not a developer. I feel that we can not just relive the good old days as fans but we also can push the envelop and become part of the Star Wars extended universe with this game so lets chip in, instead of buggin for ETAs.

I agree. When SWG was still in development and kept encountering delays, I stepped up and got involved in the beta testing. There are two kinds of people: those who wish for things to happen, and those who make them happen.

Rulk
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM

i didn't mean by my post that i am expecting an eta post ... however after reading my post i see i did just that :( , i feel the same as you guys on this i don't want to demand of our hardworking folks , i just wanted to make someone aware of the eta post and that come January its going to really confuse people and it is also confusing people now maybe resulting in the questions about an update exec. perhaps just leaving the stages expected alpha beta exec and which we are currently considered as and leaving it at that... then if someone asks about eta they just simply say refer to that post and the stage we are in thought it might keep people off their back a little ... it was just a thought only to make aware if not aware that's all no demands just a suggestion.

Darkra
11-07-2012, 03:46 AM
There may be no ETA for a release, but logically it must be relatively soon, I mean look at how much has been done. We are WAY more then halfway there. I've been waiting for this game since 2006, and I remember we all thought it was gonna be done by early 2007, 5 years later here we are, but so much more has been done. (Could next year be THE year?)
So.... SOON!

Mafioso27th
11-13-2012, 12:35 AM
Will ships be added to the game soon or will this be in Sun Crush?

Setaoc
11-13-2012, 03:21 AM
Will ships be added to the game soon or will this be in Sun Crush?

Did you literally just not read any of the above posts....?

toobam
11-13-2012, 06:24 AM

I wish I could like this post

TheAnswer
11-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Here is the problem though (and I don't often check in anymore because of this), they are just tip-toeing through development. So hesitant to add features because of the potential bugs they may and will hit. This is a common issue that my professors warn about...you will never release with a major project if you do not push through the bugs. You can deal with bugs later. If you start to encounter so many bugs in a stage of development, you get the urge to restart...to do over the codebase entirely (OR anyone?).

If you start to think "Redo!" its a red flag, professionally. In the professional world you start to lose support for development if you backtrack or tip-toe like that, you just gotta deal with the bugs along the way while maintaining focus on features (at-least in alpha). This is funny, because the developers consistently mention wanting to maintain professional industry standards. Setting realistic time tables for yourselves is a must in that case.

I would love to help out and not be nit picky, I hate saying this without much to offer. But I have other projects and commitments and SWGEmu is not the forefront of those at the moment. For those of you to throw aside others opinions because they aren't active developers in the project they are criticizing, then you are foolish and I'm glad you aren't doing any sort of game design.

In the professional world you are paid and you have a work schedule, this gives you the opportunity to have an eta or a timetable. However this is not a job, today you have 1 developer writing code, tomorrow 10 and the day after tomorrow may be none. This is not a stable environment.

Letting aside that, you or your "professors" have no idea about the project. We didnt want to make an OR, we HAD to. We had to UNDERSTAND the client, to reverse engineer all the SOE designs, algorithms, objects, protocol, everything.

Core3 was started before we really knew any of the game designs besides some of the protocol and thats why we hit a wall. We COULDNT progress any further without the OR, which by the way wasnt a full rewrite, we still have pre-or code running.

Now we are pushing through bugs and implementing new features without fear because we know the core design of SOEs implementation.

The code wasnt started by amateurs, the engine/code was started by a professional game dev and most of us left on the team are professional coders.

So before you come here and start criticizing, first learn about what we do and who we are.

smegghead
11-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Here is the problem though (and I don't often check in anymore because of this), they are just tip-toeing through development. So hesitant to add features because of the potential bugs they may and will hit. This is a common issue that my professors warn about...you will never release with a major project if you do not push through the bugs. You can deal with bugs later. If you start to encounter so many bugs in a stage of development, you get the urge to restart...to do over the codebase entirely (OR anyone?).

If you start to think "Redo!" its a red flag, professionally. In the professional world you start to lose support for development if you backtrack or tip-toe like that, you just gotta deal with the bugs along the way while maintaining focus on features (at-least in alpha). This is funny, because the developers consistently mention wanting to maintain professional industry standards. Setting realistic time tables for yourselves is a must in that case.

I would love to help out and not be nit picky, I hate saying this without much to offer. But I have other projects and commitments and SWGEmu is not the forefront of those at the moment. For those of you to throw aside others opinions because they aren't active developers in the project they are criticizing, then you are foolish and I'm glad you aren't doing any sort of game design.

To paraphrase.
Blah Blah Blah... i'm upset because you haven't given me what i want. But instead of contributing I just want to complain.

I have been on the servers for a while now and I would just like to tell the Devs what a great job they are doing bringing back a beloved game. Please take as much time as you need to make the game as good as you can. I haven't played the game in any form for over 9 years and since logging on I've been having a blast and would like to offer my thanks and encouragement to the team.
Keep up the great work!

phrozeng2012
11-17-2012, 01:20 AM

Wow this guy is way out of touch with reality. I am not a dev but any means or a programmer but this is totally disrespectful and inconsiderate. Deal with bugs later hmmm so people can just go ahead and deep six the devs in the future and how much they ****. I think you and your professor really need to get a grip. And i guess you dont understand that they are not using the code soe used due to legal issues and they have built things from scratch.

Honestly, You should be appreciate that someone has stepped up and has been working hard on the project for years now to bring this to you and millions which it will happen once again... But its like they say and I am sure this truly fits. Opnions are like *******.

After seeing this comment I am just going to make a large donation.

flunklesnarkin
11-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't know a whole lot about the project status, but they seem to be doing quite well if you judge by the population.

Especially given they plan to do a full server wipe and I personally know people who are waiting for all the character wipes to be done before they start.

I'm one of them but I've been thinking about poking in to try it out a bit lol. Although I am playing so many games right now >_<

I understood what he was saying about make content and deal with bugs along the way, but from reading their change log it seems that's what they have been doing lol

Maybe guy was having a bad day or was just hungry ( I get grouchy when I'm hungry) either way it was rude >:U

themyth
11-17-2012, 04:02 PM
In the professional world you are paid and you have a work schedule, this gives you the opportunity to have an eta or a timetable. However this is not a job, today you have 1 developer writing code, tomorrow 10 and the day after tomorrow may be none. This is not a stable environment.

Letting aside that, you or your "professors" have no idea about the project. We didnt want to make an OR, we HAD to. We had to UNDERSTAND the client, to reverse engineer all the SOE designs, algorithms, objects, protocol, everything.

Core3 was started before we really knew any of the game designs besides some of the protocol and thats why we hit a wall. We COULDNT progress any further without the OR, which by the way wasnt a full rewrite, we still have pre-or code running.

Now we are pushing through bugs and implementing new features without fear because we know the core design of SOEs implementation.

The code wasnt started by amateurs, the engine/code was started by a professional game dev and most of us left on the team are professional coders.

So before you come here and start criticizing, first learn about what we do and who we are.

First post here...i was going to reply to this yesterday before a dev did but didn't get the chance. I personally think for a bunch of guys that are NOT paid, this isn't their job, and they are just doing this for fun that they are doing a great job. I logged in yesterday and i was encouraged by what i saw. Is it ready to be released, no...but i think it's at a good middle point, and i honestly think they are making great progress and i can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel from here.

Personally i would have given my left nut to just be able to play the game like it is now again, which means im excited for the future. Keep moving forward guys and one day we will be at release.

Akabeth
11-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I just wanted to pop in and thank everyone contributing to this project. I hope its progress will continue today, tomorrow and beyond SunCrusher.

chris20sith
11-18-2012, 07:39 PM
I am glad you guys have continued the work of developing this game! :)

Since you guys started to now I have seen great improvements and it feels close to the original. Keep up the good work!

All I can say is when the game was live they listened to all the complaints and changed the game so much that it failed. The game in it's prime was competing with WOW not because of it's similarity but because of it's originally. ;)

xirad
11-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I too want to thank the Devs and everyone else (yes, the financial contributors too!) for keeping the dream alive.

I started playing SWG back in the fall of 2004 having NEVER played an MMORPG. I lost much of my real world life due to spending much of it in game (funny when most of your sleep dreaming is your in-game toon!), but I was rewarded with gaining a lovely real-world wife! We always enjoy telling everyone who asks how we met, it was in the Mos Eisley cantina! I was getting an Ent Buff from her, we started chatting, started going on hunts together, 8 months later met in real life and 2 years after that got married.

Being able to play the game again as it was PreNGE (we quit shortly after NGE broke things) is not unlike visiting your old neighborhood or walking the halls of your old high school wallowing in the fond memories.

I started to play the EMU in June right after the Basilisk wipe, but real life got in the way. I'm very pleasantly surprised with the bug fixes & stability since that initial release that not only am I making a donation today but I'm re-wiping my spare system to make it a linux server again so I can also help with the development.

I'd always planned to contribute financially to this game monthly exactly as I do with any commercial MMORPG and I hope others will follow suit.

All the best,

Xirad
Phx, AZ

lampshade13
11-23-2012, 09:33 PM
^^^^^^^^^^

DarkfallDC
11-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Just making sure. Servers will be wiped at least once more before release correct?

Off topic, I'm thoroughly pleased to be part of this community once again. SWG was probably the only MMORPG that I ever found myself consistently enjoying before they changed everything up. Looking forward to playing vanilla once again. The grind to Jedi begins again!

Vlada
11-26-2012, 10:16 AM
Yes it will be wiped at least once.

grandsporta
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Yes it will be wipe at least once.

I apologize. Does this mean, we won't keep our character's or anything? It will just be a complete wipe? I just started a couple days ago but just want to understand that we will all have to start over, correct?

DarkfallDC
11-26-2012, 10:34 PM
A wipe generally means everything will be gone. All characters, all progression.

Vlada
11-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Yup, everything goes.

Starscream83
11-27-2012, 03:05 AM
Forgive me Vlada if it is mentioned somewhere else, but it has gone 4am after several solid hours of me playing on the emu, but how come everything has to be wiped is there no way to back up and restore character profiles and the like?

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say the SWGemu team are my absolute gaming hero's I cannot tell you how great it is to be able to run about Tatooine again, just as I remember it! :)

Vlada
11-27-2012, 06:20 AM
Forgive me Vlada if it is mentioned somewhere else, but it has gone 4am after several solid hours of me playing on the emu, but how come everything has to be wiped is there no way to back up and restore character profiles and the like?

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say the SWGemu team are my absolute gaming hero's I cannot tell you how great it is to be able to run about Tatooine again, just as I remember it! :)

We are yet to finish both alpha and beta testing stages, during which wipes are always a possibility, and then after we are done with those 1.0 will be released to general public and privete server will begin to pop up. If and what team will be launching and running SWGEmu server aka Suncrusher is not decided yet and wont be any time soon. But since its launch will mark the beaning of a permanent live game, i think making everyone start over is the best and the safest way to make sure everyone is treated equally from day one.