PDA

View Full Version : End of Liberator Milestone

Pages : 1 [2]

ossirisward
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I have a good feeling about this....and cannot wait til a permanent server is ready for play!~

eromirack
04-27-2012, 12:43 AM
I can not wait until Alpha is live and stress testing completed. Once we can have legitimate server or servers that people can all join and remain on. That will be AWESOME.

Me either! Although I do hope we start out with only one server and institute new servers as the load gets too heavy. You know offer some sort special items, credits, xp bonuses, or something for the first X number of people willing to transfer type thing. That way we keep the server populations high.

haplovoss
04-27-2012, 04:04 AM
I have a feeling *this* server will be "the" server. Then there will be those that want to have their own and I'm sure some other popular-ish ones will come around, but I have a feeling that just the built in experience of keeping the server up and going, the bandwidth to support a large population, etc. - all things considered SWGEmu.com will end up being the server of choice. We're all already here, the forums are here, the community is all set. :)

I'm sure I'll be right on board snagging the source and setting up my own server - just to do it. But where will I really spend my time? Right where I can play amongst tons of people! HERE! lol

See ya's!
- Hap

Roderick Craven
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
agree with you all. additionally i wonder how swg-pvp in larger battles will perform with actual server hardware... this WILL be legendary awesome :)

Xenagoth
04-27-2012, 03:38 PM
As somebody who just signed up and started their first toon yesterday I have to say how excited I am that swg will not just be a memory. I was so upset by the game closing that I couldn't bear to even look at screengrabs for awhile (yes I know..I do have my pitiful moments lol). Then a friend told me about this and it was the heavens opened up and an unseen choir started singing! I am so amazed at what has been done so far and am, like the others, *really* looking forward to seeing how it progresses. YAY to the devs and the Community! I KNOW I'm gonna love it here! :D (Now I just have to find folks to hang out with in game. Give Kymba a shout out if you see her running by, eh?

Thorwine
04-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Welcome to SWGEmu Xenagoth... you share these special feelings with a lot of people around here! :D

bigevil
04-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Man, just reading all the "feel-good" in this thread lifted my day. hehe.

It's ok. I am anxious too.....and welcome to all newcomers. :)

rigormortus
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
After seeing all of the positive posts and being an old time player I cannot wait to see what happens next. I am glad to see this game back in the players hands. and all of the ideas that are being presented some which are very cool to see how many of them we will actually see.
I have one big thing to say to the programmers THANK YOU with out your efforts we would not be looking forward to Alpha and beyond my hats off to you.

Kethrus
04-28-2012, 07:38 PM
I have only recently come to find out about the amazing work that is being done to restore the best MMO that ever hit the market. I played this pre-CU and also during the NGE. Bounty Hunter/Freelance pilot with a KSE Firespray decked out to waste republic scum. I missed this game wholly and bought TOR in order to try to get back some of the old experience. problem being it's not SWG and no game has ever quite captured the pure freedom and community this game provided. I am hesitant to switch entirely just because I have a guild and friends on TOR that want to switch but we know wipes are coming and don't want to invest weeks in characters that they wont have in a month. I will be on to help test and try to find as many bugs as possible. How is the space aspect coming along? I couldn't find much on the forums about space other than that you can fly starter ships inside the atmosphere. Looking forwards to creating a new community with everyone and having an 'Epic Adventure' But I do apologize to any and all bounty's I will be fulfilling in the future. It's not personal, Just business

ifour
04-28-2012, 09:02 PM
I have only recently come to find out about the amazing work that is being done to restore the best MMO that ever hit the market. I played this pre-CU and also during the NGE. Bounty Hunter/Freelance pilot with a KSE Firespray decked out to waste republic scum. I missed this game wholly and bought TOR in order to try to get back some of the old experience. problem being it's not SWG and no game has ever quite captured the pure freedom and community this game provided. I am hesitant to switch entirely just because I have a guild and friends on TOR that want to switch but we know wipes are coming and don't want to invest weeks in characters that they wont have in a month. I will be on to help test and try to find as many bugs as possible. How is the space aspect coming along? I couldn't find much on the forums about space other than that you can fly starter ships inside the atmosphere. Looking forwards to creating a new community with everyone and having an 'Epic Adventure' But I do apologize to any and all bounty's I will be fulfilling in the future. It's not personal, Just business

and as a fellow pilot i am sad to say space not implemented or going to be untill after release of 1 and then some and as a prospective mark i welcome the oppertunity to dissapoint a bounty hunter in collecting his contract nothing personal just survival and business

bostonboys34
04-29-2012, 05:15 AM
whoo yea knew it wouldnt be wiped in april

cRush
04-29-2012, 05:34 AM
Piloting/JTL will be implemented during the beta phase, afaik. We are about to enter Alpha.

swedefrog
04-29-2012, 10:02 AM
whoo yea knew it wouldnt be wiped in april

I think those wallys back on the 15th who tried hacking slowed things down a tad......

chayn
04-29-2012, 10:14 AM
LOL, love the Av Xenagoth.. :) made me spit my coffee..

ashur
04-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Piloting/JTL will be implemented during the beta phase, afaik. We are about to enter Alpha.

coffee projectiles on keyboard!

desporo
04-29-2012, 01:25 PM

cRush will you be wiping the characters too from liberator server ? I really hope that you guys wipe all characters as well so that when we get to alpha everyone has a level playing field and by doing so it would mean no-one has a advantage over anyone else in game which I feel is the correct and fairest way to go

Vlada
04-29-2012, 01:34 PM
cRush will you be wiping the characters too from liberator server ? I really hope that you guys wipe all characters as well so that when we get to alpha everyone has a level playing field and by doing so it would mean no-one has a advantage over anyone else in game which I feel is the correct and fairest way to go

Did you even bother to read the OP?

Valkyra
04-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Liberator's character DB is vastly different from the OR setup, so yes characters won't be transferred anyway.

roocey
04-29-2012, 02:59 PM
I signed on Nova yesterday and it brought back a lot of memories. For me it simply "feels" more like SWG ought to than Liberator ever has. Obviously it is not perfect yet, but it is awesome to see the work everyone has done. I got a Swoop and started auto-driving out to a mission and then got warped off my bike. I'm not sure if the guys who've worked on the vehicles realize how much that feels like a proper SOE bug! Truthfully I would not complain when/if y'all fix that bug, heh.

Anyways, thanks to the entire development team (and the community team!) for all your efforts these past few years. I look forward to seeing everyone on alpha! :D

snaggy3
04-29-2012, 08:40 PM
Can someone give me a quick ETA on like the server wipe? from what i collected I thought the server wipe was due in mid April?

Vlada
04-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Can someone give me a quick ETA on like the server wipe? from what i collected I thought the server wipe was due in mid April?

There is no quick ETA, it will happen in the next few weeks.

snaggy3
04-29-2012, 09:12 PM
roger that im just getting sick of SWTOR...

imperialassasin
04-30-2012, 01:50 AM
You can't rush greatness

Laron
04-30-2012, 02:25 AM
You can't rush greatness

but.......xyborn is fast? :P

chayn
04-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Even tho we lost xyborn to an unfortunate Ronco hairspray accident, crush will fill his shoes nicely.. :)

bigevil
04-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Even tho we lost xyborn to an unfortunate Ronco hairspray accident, crush will fill his shoes nicely.. :)

Holy crap. Ronco. The makers of some of my greatest Christmas gifts ever. Didn't they make The Clapper?

Back on topic.....we shall all cry with sadness and joy when the end comes. Ok more with joy. LOL. I don't care, I still had fun on Lib. :)

gordonh
04-30-2012, 08:03 AM
I signed on Nova yesterday and it brought back a lot of memories. For me it simply "feels" more like SWG ought to than Liberator ever has. Obviously it is not perfect yet, but it is awesome to see the work everyone has done. I got a Swoop and started auto-driving out to a mission and then got warped off my bike. I'm not sure if the guys who've worked on the vehicles realize how much that feels like a proper SOE bug! Truthfully I would not complain when/if y'all fix that bug, heh.

Anyways, thanks to the entire development team (and the community team!) for all your efforts these past few years. I look forward to seeing everyone on alpha! :D

Another bug I remember from Live that has came into Nova is if you bike North from Mos Eisley along the valley, just after you get the 'left the city' message you are suddenly flipped into the air 50ft. It's not a problem but it does feel like 'home' again.

tiderious
04-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Holy crap. Ronco. The makers of some of my greatest Christmas gifts ever. Didn't they make The Clapper?

Back on topic.....we shall all cry with sadness and joy when the end comes. Ok more with joy. LOL. I don't care, I still had fun on Lib. :)

Pocket Fisherman lol

badvali
05-01-2012, 01:05 AM
Bring it on!

mojojojo
05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Great job guys, cant wait to start the stress test :)

Bnat
05-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't care when they wipe the server and bring in Alpha, I'm enjoying what we have already and look forward to the new improvements on Alpha with a fresh start.

cRush
05-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Trece de Mayo

Anger42
05-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Is that spanish for tomorrow???!!???!!??! Aye carumba!

Trece de Mayo

mijom
05-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Trece de Mayo

Is that spanish for tomorrow???!!???!!??! Aye carumba!

that's spanish for 13th of may, which is close aswell ;)

Chuparua
05-02-2012, 01:38 PM
that's spanish for 13th of may, which is close aswell ;)
Here I thought Trece was 3. Ima have to go watch Dora The Explorer to catch up on my Spanish.

cRush
05-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Here I thought Trece was 3. Ima have to go watch Dora The Explorer to catch up on my Spanish.

That is tres. I google'd.

Anger42
05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Ahh thanks for the help, my spanish is rusty. Well, non-existent. Someone convinced me french was the way to go in school.

And thanks cRush!!! You guys are going a great job!

Chuparua
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
That is tres. I google'd.
You mean you don't watch Dora to catch up on Spanish?

Superjebus
05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Trece de Mayo
As much as I want to, I must not get too excited. This may be an ETA, but it might also just be cRush's favourite day of the year.

Anger42
05-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Either way, I'm making tacos on the 13th. O lay!

Hedge15
05-02-2012, 02:17 PM
As much as I want to, I must not get too excited. This may be an ETA, but it might also just be cRush's favourite day of the year.

Which he'd be sure to post in this thread.

Bobbybuche
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM

My kids watch that so much they know more spanish then me

roocey
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Shame I'll be busy that day. Oh well - guess I get to come in a bit late and avoid an early rush, if it does happen. :p

Doric
05-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Here is hoping cRush is not just toying with our emotions :)

Kevdo
05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Trece de Mayo
No lo puedo creer, de veras es tan cerca la fecha? Ustedes trabajan muy rapido!

sholva
05-03-2012, 01:40 AM
Mothers day!........crap

cRush
05-03-2012, 02:07 AM
No lo puedo creer, de veras es tan cerca la fecha? Ustedes trabajan muy rapido!

Si. Gracias!

That's all I know.

Chuparua
05-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Si. Gracias!

That's all I know.
I can have an in depth conversation about the colors blue, red, and green in spanish. Oh, and I can order at Taco Bell.

Iceship
05-03-2012, 05:14 PM
Just wondering, how close are we to this liberator wipe? you said alpha would be coming in may or june. I'm not saying i need the game like now lol but just wondering a rough guess of how far off we are the wipe. I'm so excited :D

reo
05-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Just wondering, how close are we to this liberator wipe? you said alpha would be coming in may or june. I'm not saying i need the game like now lol but just wondering a rough guess of how far off we are the wipe. I'm so excited :D

Look at cRush enigmatic reply below.

Trece de Mayo

Hedge15
05-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Look at cRush enigmatic reply below.
Not enigmatic, clear as the thirteenth day of May.

ossirisward
05-03-2012, 10:30 PM

Wow Dude, all you had to do was read before posting....oh and know a little spanish as well!!

All I know is how to say, and I emphasise say and not type/spell....."Una cervesa por favor" and "donde est les beinos"...or some **** like that...

reo
05-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Not enigmatic, clear as the thirteenth day of May.

Sorry I must have missed where it was clearly stated it was that day.

reggie
05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Wow Dude, all you had to do was read before posting....oh and know a little spanish as well!!

All I know is how to say, and I emphasise say and not type/spell....."Una cervesa por favor" and "donde est les beinos"...or some **** like that...

Dande Esta Los Banios - Where is the Bathroom?