View Full Version : TC: Nova Crafting Stress-Test 02/11/2012

Vlada
02-10-2012, 07:41 AM
TC: Nova Crafting Stress-Test

February 11th, 2012
The SWGEmu Development Division

TC: Nova Crafting Stress-Test - 02/11/2012

OK this time we get down to business,

We will start off at 3PM EST with a QA meeting in the IRC #openqa channel (one hour before the crafting stress-test) meeting will be open to public.

After the meeting, starting at 4 PM EST (check your local time here (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=TC%3A+Nova+Crafting+Stress-Test+-+02%2F11%2F2012+&iso=20120211T16&p1=179&ah=3)) on Saturday (February 11th), the developers and QA are looking to perform a massive crafting stress-test on TC: Nova that will last roughly 3 hours. We need as many people as possible to log in, so please join us and Nova's rapid progression by contributing to our latest crafting stress-test!

PLEASE NOTE: TC: NOVA is not going to be wiped, we strongly suggest you log on to you characters a few hours before the QA meeting and crafting test and start producing necessary components.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/forum_prof.png

WHAT EXACTLY DO WE NEED TO TEST?

We would like to test crafting, all areas. We want to know about issues with schematis, about broken schematics, components not working/affecting schematics, not producing the correct item, experimentation not working. Every single thing needs to be tested and retested. Any and all bugs need to be reported on Mantis (Bug Tracker) (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs). (http://www.swgemu.com/bugs)

WILL WE NEED FACTORIES?

Yes, factories will be necessary for crafting required identical components. All other structure deeds except factory deeds will be removed from Blue Frogs. World spawns (lairs) around major cities will also be disabled, that should keep the landscape clean and safe for factory placement.

ARE FACTORIES STILL SLOW?

Factories have been edited to produce 1 item per second.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/images/stafflogos/news_dev.png

WHERE?
Nova Test Center (TC: Nova)

WHEN?
4:00 PM - 7 PM EST (GMT-5)

HOW?
Make a character on TC: Nova, use Character Builder Terminals (Blue Frogs) that can be found in front of every star port, to learn one of the crafting professions, or to obtain tools and resources deeds

IS QUALITY OF WHAT WE CRAFT IMPORTANT?
No, the most important thing is to see if the crafting process works properly, and to find out if and what parts of crafting process are buggy, broken or missing.

WILL NOVA BE WIPED AGAIN?
No, TC: Nova will not be wiped before we begin this crafting stress-test.

WHAT ABOUT LIBERATOR?
For the duration for this stress-test Liberator will be OFFLINE.

Once again log in as many characters as your computer can handle. Remember this is not just stress test, there are specific tasks we need to complete. Those who never submitted a bug report should check this guide first: How to report bugs on Bug Tracker (Mantis) (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22463). A well written bug report will make QA's job much easier. Remember to keep up-to-date on our testing information, and check as often as you can End of Liberator Milestone (https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swgemu/wiki/End_of_Liberator_Milestone).

- The SWGEmu Development Division

badboy09
02-10-2012, 08:35 AM
if i got the time right 9pm-12am GMT then i will be there.

makednoce
02-10-2012, 08:36 AM
First yea! :D
EDIT: Damn....! Second :(

ashur
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM
nice.jpg

Why does it have to be wiped tho? doesnt it add more stress with the database being more populated?

DonDodge
02-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Shibby! Cant wait!

as a lill question here ... is the Bug concerning "identical" and "similar" items use in (at least) all Archi crafted installations / houses / etc. alrdy. known ? I couldnt find
anything within a quick search in Mantis .. i'm currently at work hence my limited effort researching ... if that wouldnt be in Mantis yet i'd make a report prior to the stress test ...

thx for anyone who could mybe help me with that answer ..

CHeeers!

ifour
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
if any one can help me out am planning on testing ranger/camps/traps crafting and usage a couple of bodies on the hill south of cnet would be appriciated to lessen the xp max time so can check from novice scout to ranger

Andy En
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
if any one can help me out am planning on testing ranger/camps/traps crafting and usage a couple of bodies on the hill south of cnet would be appriciated to lessen the xp max time so can check from novice scout to ranger

You don't have to grind! Just get XP + skills from the bluefrog and then go crafting...

Me, I'll try to be there at least some of the time. And put a few guys in a camp, if needed. Just publish a location...

One more question: Is there any overview of the things "Not Yet Implemented" (like BioEnhancers), so we don't even have to start testing those?

ps.: Other NYI also welcome: Taming creatures, milking, collecting eggs...

Vlada
02-10-2012, 10:22 AM
You don't have to grind! Just get XP + skills from the bluefrog and then go crafting...

Me, I'll try to be there at least some of the time. And put a few guys in a camp, if needed. Just publish a location...

One more question: Is there any overview of the things "Not Yet Implemented" (like BioEnhancers), so we don't even have to start testing those?

ps.: Other NYI also welcome: Taming creatures, milking, collecting eggs...

Check the EOL Milestone, every profession that needs testing is listed there.

Starting Professions

Artisan

All crafting schematics usable and items produced

Crafting -- needs testing

Artisan
Armorsmith
Weaponsmith
Architect
Tailor

Kobreti
02-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Ill try to be there... Will test Smuggler and CM

aabjy89
02-10-2012, 01:34 PM
nice.jpg

Why does it have to be wiped tho? doesnt it add more stress with the database being more populated?

I assume this has to do with the old DB items causing issues themselves. Probably want to start with a clean slate to get a new, and accurate bug listing.

Brakisss
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Sadly i wont be able to make it :(

One suggestion, tho it might not be needed, but maybe checklists for the different professions would be useful, so people could work more efficient by deviding the schematics to be tested. Someone could do armorsmith schematics from line 1 to 20 and someone else the next few etc etc.

I know it doesnt work 100% this way since a subcomponent might be in the first 20 so someone doing some other schematic might still have to craft those but it may still help a bit :)

This way people wouldnt have to test so many different schematics and could be more thorough with the ones they are testing (like testing maxing out experimentation on different stats, if that is even needed)

Just a suggestion from someone who wishes he could be there at saturday ;)

jubba
02-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Sounds good!

Clipses
02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Sure Ill come stress test! Sounds like a good time crafting and all. Maybe my favorite shirt will be working with tailor!

PlagueBlack
02-10-2012, 06:46 PM
There and testing. Made armors, house, various components, clothes, vehicles, tools... so far no problems. Didn't do any factories yet.

One problem so far but not related to crafting. Cities have no name on map. Someone did too much DB "cleaning"? Or is it my client bug?

xyborn
02-10-2012, 07:02 PM
There and testing. Made armors, house, various components, clothes, vehicles, tools... so far no problems. Didn't do any factories yet.

One problem so far but not related to crafting. Cities have no name on map. Someone did too much DB "cleaning"? Or is it my client bug?

Cities are a WIP

omfgsection
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
I wish I could make it to help :( Unfortunately I will be in the field for a training exercise Saturday and Sunday...Good luck you all and I hope you get the results you need.

rcronan00
02-11-2012, 01:03 AM
holla i got it i understand

shadowgirl
02-11-2012, 01:05 AM
I'll be there crafting!

darhox
02-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Im off tomorrow, hope i can do my part to help with this.

cli02a
02-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Too bad I have to work. Crafting is all I did pre cu

Pakmel
02-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I will be there! :)

Grapes
02-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Read, agree.

chayn
02-11-2012, 01:24 PM
If we get home in time i'll be there...

ashur
02-11-2012, 02:39 PM
20 mill liberator credits to whoever finds the biggest/worst bug tonight!

:)

xyborn
02-11-2012, 03:48 PM
We've decdied not to wipe before the test. Anyone wanting too, you can login to Nova and start getting your factories setup and running components!

deadhead
02-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I havnt logged in quite awhile. Getting my rear ingame to help out... seems we are getting real close and want to help getter done!

xyborn
02-11-2012, 04:43 PM
We are lowering the timers on factories to create items every 1s (lowest we can make it).

ashur
02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
We are lowering the timers on factories to create items every 1s (lowest we can make it).

wow... this will be great.

Slopi
02-11-2012, 04:52 PM
This will start in 2h10min right? I'll try to be there :)

xyborn
02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
This will start in 2h10min right? I'll try to be there :)

You can start now if you wish! The official test won't begin until 4PM EST (that's like 3 hours and 10 minutes). But feel free to start early by getting your components made.

ghostjeep
02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
uh i was on and it just like shut down? i tryed reloging and it wont let me log back in, did server crash?

neutrineaux
02-11-2012, 09:21 PM
I think we broke it.

Vlada
02-11-2012, 09:23 PM
Good, another stability issue found and fixed.

retto
02-11-2012, 09:24 PM
awesome !! way to go everyone !!

thanks vlada !!

ghostjeep
02-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Lets crash the server again!

mosik
02-11-2012, 09:25 PM
never been so happy to see a server crash :)

pawnoeclipse
02-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Are the servers down? I'm not getting any kind of connection right now. I know they're supposed to be offline. But I timed out and can't get back in. Is this apart of the stress testing and wiping or something? And is Nova going to be wiped after this stress test?
Pawno, Eclipse

ghostjeep
02-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Are the servers down? I'm not getting any kind of connection right now. I know they're supposed to be offline. But I timed out and can't get back in. Is this apart of the stress testing and wiping or something? And is Nova going to be wiped after this stress test?
Pawno, Eclipse
i asked aceblade about the wipe he said he dont know and the server just crashed but lib is down 2

pawnoeclipse
02-11-2012, 09:46 PM
i asked aceblade about the wipe he said he dont know and the server just crashed but lib is down 2

Ah alright thanks for the info. Hope were all good :D

CatLadyMeow
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM
wonder how long until we can log back in

PlagueBlack
02-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Give us liberator back until you fix nova pretty pls:)

TheAnswer
02-11-2012, 09:52 PM
We are fixing the crash. It will be back up asap.

RDub
02-11-2012, 10:01 PM
While I wait...golf, swtor or tickle my eyes with a steak knife.. so many choices....

lordkain
02-11-2012, 10:03 PM
the waiting game ...........so fun

Vlada
02-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Stay on target!

xyborn
02-12-2012, 03:57 AM
Nova is so close I can feel it!

odwill
02-12-2012, 04:29 AM
I am so stoked for EoL I can hardly contain myself. Keep it up team!

Xzicon
02-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I hope the dev's got the information they needed.

chayn
02-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Stability is everything... :) great work everyone..