PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime 10/18/11

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

drakeneverhate
10-21-2011, 05:46 PM
hey devs, take some of that extra money you get from us each month and invest in some hardware monitoring software for the servers will ya? Seriously... with all the hardware failures, the "data center" wink wink, nod nod, apparently has none ( even though 100% of all commercial data centers have this software...)
Last i looked the Devs donate there time and we dont pay a monthly FEE so if you want to pay for there upgraded "hardware monitoring software" by all means please do so for the benifit of us all and hey well your at it can you take care of all those kids needing food in those sad comercials. Ohhh and those abused animals too!!!!

On a side note DEVs CSRs all of you on this project Thank you very much your doing an awsome job considering the hell you go through trying to fix a dead code.

Scottishknight19
10-21-2011, 05:47 PM
it sounds like you are already well fit

Scottishknight19
10-21-2011, 05:50 PM
can you take care of all those kids needing food in those sad comercials. Ohhh and those abused animals too!!!!
thats easy just feed the animals to the children, theres 2 problems solved.

Trick77
10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Is Nova on the same HD/computer than liberator
and if not why nova isnt up?
i have problem to testing things in my local server becouse of the 1 hour sementation fault limit
thanks to all

Jeroth
10-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I thought donations were voluntary with no strings attached, I imagine they save them to buy new HDD's or for when times are lean, tbh, I don't care if they use them to kick back with a few beers whilst watching Episode IV in a custom built home cinema if it keeps them donating their free time to the project.

Well said my friend! As long as they are toasting SWGEMU (and continue to work on it)!

Really though guys, the Devs are doing an amazing job all things considered.

refreund
Is Nova on the same HD/computer than liberator
and if not why nova isnt up?
i have problem to testing things in my local server becouse of the 1 hour sementation fault limit
thanks to all

sounds like a personal problem

drakeneverhate
ROFLMAO Omnomnom on a Kitty

Rincon
10-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Wipe lib, why waste time on a garbage broken server?

Vlada
I know we are all getting "a bit" impatient, but please lets not jump on each others throats. We all got along great so far, and even though i understand your need to vent a bit, there is really no need to turn this in to a flame war.

Just asked devs about the progress I am waiting for a reply.

refreund

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++agreed

rwp389
10-21-2011, 05:58 PM
HAVING WITHDRAW SYMPTOMS... need dose of star wars... cant take it much longer...

boyowar
10-21-2011, 06:00 PM

hell yea agreed

Havokk
10-21-2011, 06:01 PM
withdrawls growing worse.... about to have a hallucination, grab my force fx lightsaber and go fight tuskans in the local mall

seriously though Vlada we all appreciate what you and the other dev's are doing

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:02 PM
I know we are all getting "a bit" impatient, but please lets not jump on each others throats. We all got along great so far, and even though i understand your need to vent a bit, there is really no need to turn this in to a flame war.

yay vlada is back

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
at least we don't get deadlocked all the time and rubberbanded like my first days logging into swgemu server. Its a good thing :)

DarthMartyn
10-21-2011, 06:06 PM
just complted both KOTORS waiting for the sever now having to recite the jed code over to calm withdrawl nerves

argonyxon
I launched the client just to hear the login music and hovered over the buttons for the sound effect. Now, I'm watching episode IV.

lol.. :-) after 3 day down wipe with frogs dont look too bad :-D

Jeroth
You know...watching the withdrawl symptoms is actually kinda funny....

One of my two jobs is at Starbucks...and mat least once a day I have to remind my barista's and even customers: Its just coffee...nobody is going to die because they had to wait a minute for their latte...

Same thing here. Nobody has died from not playing a game....and I think we can all hold out until they fix the problem.

(All in good fun) P.S. to the 62 year old grandmother re-arranging her furniture for something to do while waiting for swg....careful not to hurt yourself! You'll prove me wrong if you do! ;)

And yes...I am suffering from my swg addiction too.

MiniMe

I don't agree if it can be fixed. Why? Because maybe you don't have much value on this server but some others may. There are many things people on Liberator worked hard at getting or making and to just wipe a server because some people are "suffering" withdrawal symptoms is a very selfish attitude. IF the server can be saved at the cost of some extra days to do so, then give those who DO value it the extra time it would take to recover it.

Many have saved months in order to purchase that exorbent PH or to make those perfected buffs. To merely wipe the server because YOU say it has no value or because YOU say it's a garbage broken server does not take into consideration the hard work other individuals have put in their experience playing on Liberator and not only displays your disregard for your fellow SWGEmu player but mimics the same disrespect for the 200k+ players of the original game when they took everything THEY had worked hard for in the name of greed. Only this would be in the name of your withdrawal symptoms.

I'm willing to donate more money if that is needed, I'm willing to accept a wipe IF that is needed, but until the devs tell us that is WHAT IS NEEDED please stop talking about wiping our accounts so non-chalantly as if they don't mean anything. Thanks in advance.

Bavoratu
10-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Torture yes, I'm starting to regret coming back to SWG because of all the games I have and can play now with the time I have to play them (until RL knocks) The only game I want to play and feel like playing is SWG, even TOR beta doesn't fancy me at this point,.. yea this withdraw crap sucks big time..

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:09 PM
I don't agree if it can be fixed. Why? Because maybe you don't have much value on this server but some others may. There are many things people on Liberator worked hard at getting or making and to just wipe a server because some people are "suffering" withdrawal symptoms is a very selfish attitude. IF the server can be saved at the cost of some extra days to do so, then give those who DO value it the extra time it would take to recover it.

Many have saved months in order to purchase that exorbent PH or to make those perfected buffs. To merely wipe the server because YOU say it has no value or because YOU say it's a garbage broken server does not take into consideration the hard work other individuals have put in their experience playing on Liberator and not only displays your disregard for your fellow SWGEmu player but mimics the same disrespect for the 200k+ players of the original game when they took everything THEY had worked hard for in the name of greed. Only this would be in the name of your withdrawal symptoms.

I'm willing to donate more money if that is needed, I'm willing to accept a wipe IF that is needed, but until the devs tell us that is WHAT IS NEEDED please stop talking about wiping our accounts so non-chalantly as if they don't mean anything. Thanks in advance.

agreed-many jedi would be so sad and bhs who put up with investigation

Trick77
10-21-2011, 06:13 PM
sounds like a personal problem
mmm...
mine were only a question

let's me explain
whatever will be of liberator , if nova is on a different machine/hd it could be restored
the test server down is not a personal problem, it is a problem of the comunity as the bug can't be reported/signaled/replicated and succesfully closed by developers, slowing down the project.
maybe I express myself bad in the first post, it wasn't an accuse,only a question
Thank you.

Aceblade
10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
withdrawls growing worse.... about to have a hallucination, grab my force fx lightsaber and go fight tuskans in the local mall

If you do that can you make a video and post it on youtube? :P

rwp389
10-21-2011, 06:16 PM
^ would be hilarious

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:16 PM
make sure you're on the verge of crying while angry and yell i slaughtered them like animals, i HATE them!!!! :) put that in the youtube video

DarthMartyn
10-21-2011, 06:18 PM

Lol ill grab my sith gear and saly all that look at me wrong

Havokk
10-21-2011, 06:19 PM
If you do that can you make a video on post it on youtube? :P

sure.. my first stop will be the hipster clothing stores.... still not convinced they are completely human

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:19 PM
sure.. my first stop will be the hipster clothing stores.... still not convinced they are completely human
hahahahaha

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 06:21 PM
mmm...

let's me explain
whatever will be of liberator , if nova is on a different machine/hd it could be restored
the test server down is not a personal problem, it is a problem of the comunity as the bug can't be reported/signaled/replicated and succesfully closed by developers, slowing down the project.
maybe I express myself bad in the first post, it wasn't an accuse,only a question
Thank you.

TC:Nova and Liberator are on the same physical machine...

Vlada
10-21-2011, 06:21 PM
mmm...

let's me explain
Thank you.

It is something we have to consider, but there might be a problem. Nova is on the same machine as Liberator and i doubt anyone would care if we wipe all the char data there or not, but it shares parts of the same mysql data with Liberator. We are not really sure if running Nova while we try to rebuild Liberator char data will cause problems or not. So until we are sure, both servers will stay offline.

DarthMartyn
10-21-2011, 06:25 PM
It is something we have to consider, but there might be a problem. Nova is on the same machine as Liberator and i doubt anyone would care if we wipe all the char data there or not, but it shares parts of the same mysql data with Liberator. We are not really sure if running Nova while we try to rebuild Liberator char data will cause problems or not. So until we are sure, both servers will stay offline.

Good call it could cause problems me thinks

Trick77
10-21-2011, 06:26 PM
thank you for the answers :)

refreund
10-21-2011, 06:28 PM

what's the latest? how's the rebuilding going

Bavoratu
10-21-2011, 06:33 PM

I want to know if he said anything yet, I hope they are not giving it more "last shots".

Sorry I want to play. :)

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:34 PM
they don't give vlada immediate answers either. like he said when he knows we'll know
cross your fingers

Bavoratu
10-21-2011, 06:35 PM
they don't give vlada immediate answers either. like he said when he knows we'll know
cross your fingers

Had my legs crossed for some time, hope that counts. :D

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:36 PM
lol depends on the culture of the person :)
you meditating as tkm? lol sorry had to

DarthMartyn
10-21-2011, 06:37 PM
have afeeling we might be on till sunday but its just a feeling dont shoot me my feelings are usally wrong

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Hmm I see Oru trolling this forum, maybe he's got an update? :p

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM
oru doesn't like to post much so doubt we'll get news from him

Bavoratu
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
lol depends on the culture of the person :)
you meditating as tkm? lol sorry had to

hehe no but I'm willing to start if it helps get the server up! (Probability of Success: 0%) :D

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:40 PM
probability of success 1% keep trying

kaleido
10-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Why not have a VM server, you can make snap shot backup's and only need to buy new hardware in case of a failure.
ESX-I is a free vm server software, or doesnt SWG work under VM?

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 06:49 PM
we'll get to 100 viewing by tonight don't worry
i suggest for those with bad withdrawals to put on empire strikes back during the wait
nothing like hearing han solo respond "Then I'll see you in HELLLLLLLLLLLLL YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Ganonheart
10-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Expect a high wave of Warcraft players... They just announced there new expansion is heavy on Pandas... lol

Jaddynnstarr
10-21-2011, 06:57 PM
heres my theory...
condition (1) every major data center in the U.S. has hardware monitoring services on their servers....
condition (2) Every data center has 24/7 staff to handle events of server failure, whether that be off site admining or on call paging or any combination of the 2....
condition (3) our server is in an actual data center in denver...
condition (4) our server resides in TA's basement...
condition (5) hard drive crash or hardware fails...
condition (6) server would have had data recovery already or hardware replaced...
condition (7) we need to find a new data center...
now for the equations...

if 1,2,3 = true
then 4 = false
and 5 = 6
and 7 = false
then server downtime =< 24 hrs
if 1,3,5 = true
then 7 = true
if 4,5 = true
then server downtime > 24 hrs
and 7 = true
if 3 = false
and 4,5 = true
then 7 = true
my personal beliefs are...
1,2,4,5,7 = true
6 = not an option due to 4 = true
3 = false (else 6 = true) server downtime > 24 hrs

just sayin....

nachttoter77
10-21-2011, 06:58 PM
or as those uo us the were there thru NGE heard in test center enough times "come on kid this place is gonna Blow!" remember we they first released the test instanceand no one could get past that. lol. It wasn't funny then but now that i look back on it there were some good conversations then.

wacktastic
10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Expect a high wave of Warcraft players... They just announced there new expansion is heavy on Pandas... lol

lol i saw that crap. Good god. The only games im looking forward too is Battlefield 3, Guild Wars 2 and this. everything seems to be a borefest

refreund
10-21-2011, 06:59 PM
heres my theory...
condition (1) every major data center in the U.S. has hardware monitoring services on their servers....
condition (2) Every data center has 24/7 staff to handle events of server failure, whether that be off site admining or on call paging or any combination of the 2....
condition (6) server would have had data recovery already or hardware replaced...
now for the equations...

if 1,2,3 = true
then 4 = false
and 5 = 6
and 7 = false
if 1,3,5 = true
then 7 = true
if 4,5 = true
and 7 = true
if 3 = false
and 4,5 = true
then 7 = true
1,2,4,5,7 = true

just sayin....

just come on out and say it

Clobbersauce
10-21-2011, 07:05 PM
heres my theory...
now for the equations...

if 1,2,3 = true
then 4 = false
and 5 = 6
and 7 = false
if 1,3,5 = true
then 7 = true
if 4,5 = true
and 7 = true
if 3 = false
and 4,5 = true
then 7 = true
1,2,4,5,7 = true

just sayin....

Believe it or not, after 50 glorious pages - this is one of the first non-bullshi7 posts that we have seen in 2 1/2 days

DarthMartyn
10-21-2011, 07:07 PM
rite off to in-laws and will be back to see if there is any progress (please be progress PLEASE)

Ellyssia
heres my theory...
now for the equations...

if 1,2,3 = true
then 4 = false
and 5 = 6
and 7 = false
if 1,3,5 = true
then 7 = true
if 4,5 = true
and 7 = true
if 3 = false
and 4,5 = true
then 7 = true
1,2,4,5,7 = true

just sayin....

Condition 3= TRUE
Condition 4= FALSE

as for the server monitoring etc, I do not know if our contract includes those...

Jaddynnstarr
i did, 1,2,4,5,7 = true

can i be any more clear about it?

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
where is ultyma, elvaron, and crush during these times?

Jaddynnstarr
10-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Condition 3= TRUE
Condition 4= FALSE

as for the server monitoring etc, I do not know if our contract includes those...

IF 3 = true
then all these 5's wouldnt be happening
and 6 = would already be done

1 = always true in the US (what customer in their right mind would entrust a data center to host their entire business and NOT have a backup or monitor in place.)
therefore 5=6
but 5 = true
and 6 = false
therefore 3 = false

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 07:19 PM
IF 3 = true

1 = always true in the US (what customer in their right mind would entrust a data center to host their entire business and NOT have a backup or monitor in place.)
therefore 5=6
but 5 = true
and 6 = false
therefore 3 = false

they have no obligation to you, to me or to anyone in this community.
this is a donation based/non profit effort and they do this for free so it leads to the fact they have no reason to lie.

they are trying to do what they can to salvage what they can and probably running this project on the bare minimum contract with the DC...and they do have lives so doing the recovery from here in europe, etc probs not the easiest either...

you continuing to be a pest and calling the same team putting on a free server for you to play liars is a bit *****ish no?

that being said.

thanks dev and community team, do what you can and we will all appreciate it when the servers are back up...

cheers

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 07:21 PM
IF 3 = true

therefore 5=6
but 5 = true
and 6 = false
therefore 3 = false

A company that isn't a business out to make money, and is trying to keep costs reasonable as they function on donations.

YES 1 would be true for a real business that has mission critical information stored on their servers at the data center. As this is a project in development, and NOT a live business, the decision may have been made that that level of support from the hosting company wasn't necessary, at this point in time.

jonathonblade
10-21-2011, 07:22 PM
You forgot me

Can you not quote long blocks of useless ****? Thanks.

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
you could have messaged slayer45 instead of attacking an innocent friendly post. THankssssssssssssss

navaho
10-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I doubt that anyone here has an idea what the actual contract is. It could be a fully managed contract including bandwidth, power, monitoring, support, and maintenance. It might be totally hands off, power only. Or any service level in between. To make guesses about if condition this or if condition that.... speculation and nothing less.

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 07:30 PM
i get the feeling this thread is going to re crash the server lmao

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Forgot me too...Smithand

@ Jonathanblade :P
this is useful, it shows all the up to the minute loyal people waiting on good news or any news for others

cjcolom
i get the feeling this thread is going to re crash the server lmao

lol...that would suck.

atldarkphoenix
stress test madnessssssssssss

Tatuaje
Can you not quote long blocks of useless ****? Thanks.

And your post has anything useful in it??

Nope, looked it over thrice and could not find anything with a purpose.

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 07:32 PM

couldn't agree more

refreund
10-21-2011, 07:33 PM

uh oh tempers are a'flarin'!

Odelay
10-21-2011, 07:35 PM
lets make it a cage match, higher chance of injury

cjcolom
Melanie <3 ...She's not mad....yet lol

atldarkphoenix
patience after 3 days wearing thin for many
so close to the weekend and you hope it'll get better?

Tatuaje
10-21-2011, 07:36 PM
uh oh tempers are a'flarin'!

I actually find the server crash somewhat humourous in timing. I stopped playing a week before this happened and actually attempted to log in the day of the crash just to check my mail in-game. Guess the server crash was a sign to continue the break.

It's funny seeing so many new posters here because they have nothing else to do these days.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 07:38 PM
It's funny seeing so many new posters here because they have nothing else to do these days.

this is definitely true for me. Although I kind of like it here, maybe i'll stick around!

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 07:39 PM
@clobbersauce
there is a difference between a logical comment and flat out being a pain in the arse.
if they are telling us the server is in a datacenter, what gives him, you or me any right to flat out say that's a lie.
we don't know the details of the contract etc. w/datacenter so making assumptions from limited information also leads to looking like an idiot.
what we do know is this:
there was a failure
the servers are down
they are trying to fix and save info
it obv taking more time than any of us want

that being said, since none of us are paying a 14.99 monthly fee to play, we should say thanks, support the team a bit and not actlike their is some sinister cover story going on from lads that are doing this work for free and letting us enjoy the game we all love at it's purest state...

eom

sorb
10-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I have plenty of stuff I need to do (just none that I want to do)

Aceblade
10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
For those who haven't had a chance to read "The true story of Rodd (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1237)" I highly suggest it. I find myself reading it over and over again :). Certainly kills time while waiting.

refreund
10-21-2011, 07:40 PM
@clobbersauce
there is a difference between a logical comment and flat out being a pain in the arse.
if they are telling us the server is in a datacenter, what gives him, you or me any right to flat out say that's a lie.
we don't know the details of the contract etc. w/datacenter so making assumptions from limited information also leads to looking like an idiot.
what we do know is this:
there was a failure
the servers are down

that being said, since none of us are paying a 14.99 monthly fee to play, we should say thanks, support the team a bit and not actlike their is some sinister cover story going on from lads that are doing this work for free and letting us enjoy the game we all love at it's purest state...

eom

furthermore, maybe they're just doing an in depth post mortem to learn from this problem. better it happens now than when 1.0 comes out.

Tatuaje
10-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Oh they're hiding something.

http://www.hermes-press.com/tin-foil-hat.jpg

atldarkphoenix
i'd like something concrete

xkaiserx
furthermore, maybe they're just doing an in depth post mortem to learn from this problem. better it happens now than when 1.0 comes out.

couldn't agree more...lessons learned now when info lost won't mean as much to the community is always a good thing.

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 07:50 PM
@clobbersauce
what we do know is this:
there was a failure
the servers are down

eom

I agree and enough said on the subject

argonyxon
10-21-2011, 07:51 PM
this list contain The EMU Addict ppls..
Yea count me there.... maybe there are docs help with swg addict..
idk :)
but i think nobody commit suicide just cos server off :D

sumion
10-21-2011, 07:52 PM
For those who haven't had a chance to read "The true story of Rodd (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1237)" I highly suggest it. I find myself reading it over and over again :). Certainly kills time while waiting.

Whenever I get bored, I open up good ol' trusty Dune and read it again...and again...and again. Never gets old

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
why do people keep missing me off the list? FFS i have feelings too you know :P

no one gives a sh!te about your feelins you nab :P

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 07:53 PM
emu weened me of cigarettes. now i need crack to ween me off emu

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 07:56 PM
You sound so ignorant in this post I can't even laugh. THEY HAVE THE CODE FOR THE SERVER and everything secure, the only thing messed up rite now is the character database. Liberator is in no way vital to the project (except for donations). When it comes to suncrusher they should/would never experience this cause they will have multiple servers being ran and multiple hard drives and backups, they don't care about liberator except for donations.

Please think about what you are typing before posting again.

PS: DBL POST SRY

Korimor... you sound so RUDE in your post it makes me gag. Your phrases of "ignorance" and "they don't care about liberator except for donations" is equally as rude to all the people working so hard on this project. You owe a lot of people apologies.

There is no reason to lash out at people on this forum like that. If you are tired, get some sleep or something and come back in a better mood. Everyone is cranky here from "withdrawal" but can still be civil. I am sure you can too. If not, happy trails to you.

In the long run Liberator is important. Not everyone wants (or can) test on Nova. We don't want those folks to wander off do we? If you do then I suggest you leave. What good is a game if there is nobody there to play with? I am sure Liberator offers some testing input that I am not aware of. If anything to test server strength. I would not mind a wipe but do not appreciate those who try to "bully" in their posts to get one.

Please, think about what you are typing before posting again.

Oh, and CAPS = yelling, as I am sure you are aware. I am sure the poster (and all of us) do not appreciate your yelling.

PS: Word of advise, never say never. Trust me, it will come back and bite you in the a$$.

evole13
10-21-2011, 07:57 PM
So...If you are newer to this game would you suggest re-rolling on Nova as Liberator is gonna be wiped at some point?

reforse
10-21-2011, 07:59 PM
So...If you are newer to this game would you suggest re-rolling on Nova as Liberator is gonna be wiped at some point?

Nova will be wiped many times yet I believe

evole13
10-21-2011, 08:01 PM

Eek, so best to stick with Lib until something more concrete.

argonyxon
just to help you bazweller: you r the 8.

Tatuaje

This is correct.

It is the new code server for testing, not an actual playing server.

I remember the initial house design contest being put on hold cuase the server would get wiped during the middle of the designing.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 08:02 PM
I have yet to be on the goddamn list and I have been logged into this thread for DAYS! Can I have one of those foil helmets please, I am beginning to suspect likewise.

navaho
10-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Aceblade thank you for that link to the story of Rodd. I hadn't seen it before. Reminded me a little of when I started. Great read!

evole13
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
This is correct.

It is the new code server for testing, not an actual playing server.

I remember the initial house design contest being put on hold cuase the server would get wiped during the middle of the designing.

Player housing was way cool back the original. I wonder if the Rebel mission terminals are going to work on future server, and repair garages?

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 08:06 PM
if it worked in precu, they'll make it work here when possible

Vlada
10-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Please, please take you tin foil hats off, calm down and and stop spamming this thread with useless crap.

Update... for those who care:

[20:39] <@TheAnswer> i am cloning the data on the current HDD's
[20:39] <@TheAnswer> to safely play with them
[20:40] <@TheAnswer> to not lose whatever is left
[20:40] <%Aceblade> excellent - do you think we could get Nova back online while you're attempting the recovery?
[20:40] <@TheAnswer> no
[20:40] <@TheAnswer> we dont have any OS there
[20:40] <@TheAnswer> i am working from a liveCD
[22:12] <@TheAnswer> we also bought 2 more HDD's
[22:12] <@TheAnswer> for the cloning

Tatuaje
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
If we did not spam, you might get bored.

Anyways, on the topic of your newest update. The following is my favourite line.

@TheAnswer - to not lost whatever is left

Sounds like there is already stuff lost.

bazweller
10-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Thankyou.....

Kenjinbaka
10-21-2011, 08:16 PM
All jedi accounts and banks are gone! :D

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Please, please take you tin foil hats off, calm down and and stop spamming this thread with useless crap.

[20:40] <%Aceblade> excellent - do you think we could get Nova back online while you're attempting the recovery?

cheers for the update and looks like things are rollin...good good

sorb
10-21-2011, 08:17 PM

Ok so what does that mean in english. Does that mean that we still have a long wait or that they are almost done? Sorry not trying to be rude just unsure what that translates to.

argonyxon
10-21-2011, 08:17 PM
noooo Vlada plz no... you r = funkiller :(

P.S thanks for the update! Rly aprrecaite it :)

Lolindir
10-21-2011, 08:18 PM

Thank you for the information. Good to hear actual news over some of the senseless posting going on in this thread.

Brakisss
Thanks for the update. Sounds like its going to be a while before we get Lib back, wipe or no wipe

Bavoratu

I don't know what all that means, but thanks anyways. :/ I guess its good news?

MasterLFD

In other words. They have booted to a CD to attempt to recover the data. and don't want to eff with the disks for fear of losing what's on them. I think there's a few days left at least on the down time since they haven't even begun to rebuild the OS or anything.

That said.. Keep up the good work! Odd problems take a while to figure out.

pk999
10-21-2011, 08:19 PM
The likelihood of simultaneous failure of 2-hdds is astronomical...unless there is a linked root cause beyond simply hitting each drives MTBF lottery, like inconsistent power delivery or a failing RAID controller. Hope the root cause(s) of the hdd failures are also being addressed. Thanks to all for all your hard work!

Fritz Kreeg

Vlada
10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok so what does that mean in english. Does that mean that we still have a long wait or that they are almost done? Sorry not trying to be rude just unsure what that translates to.

No OS, and mysql data isnt recovered yet... No we are not almost done.

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
there goes being able to play this weekend

Fallenswordsman
10-21-2011, 08:21 PM

Thanks Vlada, Elyssia, Aceblade et all. You all rock! When the server comes back up, it comes back. Cheers to the hard work from all and to the aforementioned for dealing with us on the forums here. *raises a pint of Guinness to all* Cheers!

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 08:23 PM
hehe I'd say share the Guinness, but... I'm still stuck at work dealing with my OWN tempermental servers for a few more hours today... :wall:

Fallenswordsman
10-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Well, it'll be waiting for you when you are done =)

argonyxon
10-21-2011, 08:33 PM
i found this in the old swgemu.org site:
Service Status

Chicago
Web: UP
Database: UP
Jira: UP

Denver
TC: Nova: UP

Lot of ppls wanna see it on the Server status gadget :)

why the swgemu.org still work? what the point have this site?

Bavoratu
10-21-2011, 08:38 PM
i found this in the old swgemu.org site:
Service Status

Chicago
Web: UP
Database: UP
Jira: UP

Denver

Lot of ppls wanna see it on the Server status gadget :)

why the swgemu.org still work? what the point have this site?

Saw this too and was also confused.

Love the tool BTW!

wjenet
10-21-2011, 09:04 PM

I'm still new to this project, so I can only relay what I've experienced and pieced together from other posts.

Liberator is currently the most fully functional environment for enjoying the game we all crave.

Nova, at least in the past couple of weeks, has had no mission terminals, and only one place in the universe that one is able to attack and kill creatures. Nova is run that way partly to avoid causing resource contention issues with Liberator; they are both running on the same physical server.

Not to mention that Nova gets wiped as development changes dictate ("fairly frequently"), and the SWGEmu team tries very hard to avoid wiping Liberator unless something's seriously amiss, so Liberator wipes are "infrequent".

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've got any of that wrong.

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Well I've been staring at this thread bleary eyed for three days and it looks like it will be a few more before the situation is rectified. So I will take my leave of the forums until next week, maybe by tuesday or wednesday the servers will be back up. Until then Vlada and all you Devs keep up the good fight.

Vlada
10-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Denver

Saw this too and was also confused.

I think that only checks if the actual box is online. It was made before we had two servers on the same box so this was pretty accurate back than (couldn't detect deadlocks though), now not so much.

jonathonblade
10-21-2011, 09:11 PM

Honestly, I'd rather Nova be the only server, and all playing went toward testing the new code. That not being probable or plausible, I'd still rather see Liberator just get a full wipe and be done with it; our devs/staff can back to working on the real focus. Spend the time/resources where it matters.

wjenet
10-21-2011, 09:14 PM

The "cloning" is like making a photocopy. This allows them to use bolder attempts at recovering the data because they can work from a copy without fear of further damaging the original.

Short version is expect to continue waiting. Think more along the lines of additional days instead of minutes.

Blazer6992
10-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Better get 1.0 working quickly. If it takes this long to fix the server, then it isn't fixable.

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 09:16 PM
No OS, and mysql data isnt recovered yet... No we are not almost done.

Yaaayyy! Now we all can go do other stuff! No more useless crap!

er... wait.... My post is useless crap! Hahahaha!:rollmc7:

Timbab
10-21-2011, 09:17 PM
God, some of the people in this thread, haha, and the 60+ people camping this thread for days.

You little eager beavers.

wacktastic
10-21-2011, 09:22 PM
God, some of the people in this thread, haha, and the 60+ people camping this thread for days.

You little eager beavers.

this is gaming addiction first hand

DarthMartyn
10-21-2011, 09:30 PM
i agree wacktastic i've been view the thread for the whole time not always logged in tho but the recent update seems promising. I's its finnished soon think im meditating on the server somewhere in theed i think.

MichaelRahl
10-21-2011, 09:42 PM
No, no... We had a SSD failure.

those darn SSDs...always crashing into giant planet killing space stations:P
okay bad pun.

reforse
10-21-2011, 09:45 PM
It could be worse, I might have a blackberry too

attwood201
10-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Well at least they gog this far. And they also got back ups, so with that process they must of got the characters or they are just gonna start fresh. But who knows. Thanks for the update

shadowsmorph
10-21-2011, 10:03 PM
It turns the servers on or it gets the hose again.

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 10:08 PM
it turns the servers on or it gets the hose again.

lmao............

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 10:30 PM
can you pleas just start the mysql clean db ? Its 4 days now, just wipe the sob im tired of the settlers 7 now lol....
Just wipe the tub let us play from scratch. Its weekeind now every1 will be rich again anyway on monday.

Recon-Roth
10-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Be interesting for everyone to start as noobs at same time!!

OMG NO JEDI!

evole13
10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
It turns the servers on or it gets the hose again.

Fantastic!

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Blah Blah Blah since we know that it will still be days till server up again, why are we still on this topic???

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 10:37 PM
can you pleas just start the mysql clean db ? Its 4 days now, just wipe the sob im tired of the settlers 7 now lol....
Just wipe the tub let us play from scratch. Its weekeind now every1 will be rich again anyway on monday.

Luttikrob: Can you pleas..
MiniMe: Sh!

Luttikrob: Just star...

Luttikrob: But just wip..

Luttikrob: Its 4 days...

Luttikrob: All I'm say...

Luttikrob: I'm...

Luttikrob: I'm just...

MiniMe: Knock-Knock?
Luttikrob: Who's there?
MiniMe: SHHH!

Luttikrob: But...
MiniMe: Let me tell you a little story about a man named Sh!
MiniMe: Sh! even before you start. That was a pre-emptive Sh!
MiniMe: Now, I have a whole bag of Sh! with your name on it!

sgtmills
10-21-2011, 10:38 PM
@clobbersauce
what we do know is this:
there was a failure
the servers are down

eom

Well said!

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Well I just found 2 new drawers in my desk now that I've taken the time to meticulously clean them out in-between glances at the red font on Launchpad Enhanced. So I guess SOMETHING good has come of this!

When I think of "datacenter" I like to imagine a nice man-cave (where girls are sometimes present for delivery of beer and smiles) with all sorts of cables and wires going this way and that, and I imagine gobs of television screens playing classics like Austin Powers, Monty Python movies, and Red Dwarf. I also imagine in this datacenter several 50" monitors and a pc staff dressed in light blue overalls with random names sewn into them. I imagine jokes, giggles, and yes, sometimes even dungeons and dragons collector card tiffs. I imagine devs who care about all that we care about. I image a gamer-utopia. It is not my job to question whether this datacenter is exactly like this, though it is probable, nay... my job is to play.... play like the wind....

hehe

boyowar
10-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Blah Blah Blah since we know that it will still be days till server up again, why are we still on this topic???

why you ask. It's beacuse it can be up and running right now if we had a wipe. now i for one would love a wipe. Make us play for something again, make the game hard. That only brings the players closer and makes them work together again. WIPE IT.

Recon-Roth
10-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Emu Devs!

Would it be possible to unlock jedi on my account?

It would be much appreciated.

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Luttikrob: Can you pleas..

Luttikrob: Just star...

Luttikrob: But just wip..

Luttikrob: Its 4 days...

Luttikrob: All I'm say...

Luttikrob: I'm...

Luttikrob: I'm just...

MiniMe: Knock-Knock?
Luttikrob: Who's there?
MiniMe: SHHH!

Luttikrob: But...
MiniMe: Let me tell you a little story about a man named Sh!
MiniMe: Sh! even before you start. That was a pre-emptive Sh!
MiniMe: Now, I have a whole bag of Sh! with your name on it!

yeh but...

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Boyowar stop your whining the world doesn't revolve around one kid who would rather wipe the entire server rather than be bored for a tiny fraction of your life. Go outside and see what the sun looks like.....stare at it a good long time so you'll always remember it after the server is back up and running. In the meantime, shut-it.

LOL Luttikrob! Sh!

on another note, me thinks me getting addicted to filing bills and paperwork! OMG I NEED HELP!

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 10:55 PM
......... :(

sgtmills
10-21-2011, 10:58 PM
why you ask. It's beacuse it can be up and running right now if we had a wipe. now i for one would love a wipe. Make us play for something again, make the game hard. That only brings the players closer and makes them work together again. WIPE IT.

I may be new to the forums but I am not new to the game. But people like this just get on my nerves. All they think of is themselves and no one else. Make you play for something again? Why don't you figure out how to learn to make the game what you want it to be. Why does anyone have to make you do anything. We are not paying to play this and donations are asked for and with no strings attached. But I guess that you are still under assumption that this is Sony and since you had to pay there, your voice would (theoretically) carry a little more weight. Furthermore, having a wipe would not bring people closer as you assume. I have Jedi friends all they way to never played the game before noob friends, and believe you me, we are close and work together. I don't know what crowd you hang with in game, but it seems to me that they are all self focused individuals and only care about what people can do for them and why they haven't done it in their time frame. These people ,devs, are doing this on their own time, for free so we as a community have a server that Sony screwed up years ago. And for you to demand a wipe so you can play again is being totally self focused. I say, let the devs do what they need to do. Fix what they need to fix, and take their time in order to ensure a stable platform. We owe them our respect, our gratitude, and some courtesy, and some patience. I really don't care if anyone flames me, or has any other rude comments about what I have said. Some people need to just sit back, chill and grow up

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 10:59 PM
......... :(

Luttikrob, you don't have to Sh!

....much... hehe

I apologize. You can pronounce consenants and vowels again.

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq6iEKVLzWY

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 11:02 PM
MANDO ARMOR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAD4BwJY6Qg

boyowar
10-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Boyowar stop your whining the world doesn't revolve around one kid who would rather wipe the entire server rather than be bored for a tiny fraction of your life. Go outside and see what the sun looks like.....stare at it a good long time so you'll always remember it after the server is back up and running. In the meantime, shut-it.

Wow ok man calm down. And lets not start running your mouth about people. I i didn't say anything bad about your nore did i put you down in any way for your post. I was civil in what i said. Oh and by the way i have yet to start wining about anything nore am i a kid by anymeans. One last thing im an outdoors man and a marine i work outside through rain, snow, or shine i dont need a punck little b**** bacement dweller telling to get a life. How about you SHUT-IT and move out of your parents bacement. Run your mouth to someones face and see if those little typeing fingers will save youe a** :)

LOTS OF LOVE HAVE A NICE DAY

Fellon
10-21-2011, 11:05 PM
When I think of "datacenter" I like to imagine a nice man-cave (where girls are sometimes present for delivery of beer and smiles) with all sorts of cables and wires going this way and that, and I imagine gobs of television screens playing classics like Austin Powers, Monty Python movies, and Red Dwarf. I also imagine in this datacenter several 50" monitors and a pc staff dressed in light blue overalls with random names sewn into them. I imagine jokes, giggles, and yes, sometimes even dungeons and dragons collector card tiffs. I imagine devs who care about all that we care about. I image a gamer-utopia. It is not my job to question whether this datacenter is exactly like this, though it is probable, nay... my job is to play.... play like the wind....

hehe

Maybe this is close enough?

http://atlasobscura.com/place/pionen-data-center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwlATf9xse4

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Jedi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHkcIbvxMlA

sgtmills
10-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow ok man calm down. And lets not start running your mouth about people. I i didn't say anything bad about your nore did i put you down in any way for your post. I was civil in what i said. Oh and by the way i have yet to start wining about anything nore am i a kid by anymeans. One last thing im an outdoors man and a marine i work outside through rain, snow, or shine i dont need a punck little b**** bacement dweller telling to get a life. How about you SHUT-IT and move out of your parents bacement. Run your mouth to someones face and see if those little typeing fingers will save youe a** :)

Then may I suggest the MCI Spelling for Marines?

Just saying....

boyowar
10-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I may be new to the forums but I am not new to the game. But people like this just get on my nerves. All they think of is themselves and no one else. Make you play for something again? Why don't you figure out how to learn to make the game what you want it to be. Why does anyone have to make you do anything. We are not paying to play this and donations are asked for and with no strings attached. But I guess that you are still under assumption that this is Sony and since you had to pay there, your voice would (theoretically) carry a little more weight. Furthermore, having a wipe would not bring people closer as you assume. I have Jedi friends all they way to never played the game before noob friends, and believe you me, we are close and work together. I don't know what crowd you hang with in game, but it seems to me that they are all self focused individuals and only care about what people can do for them and why they haven't done it in their time frame. These people ,devs, are doing this on their own time, for free so we as a community have a server that Sony screwed up years ago. And for you to demand a wipe so you can play again is being totally self focused. I say, let the devs do what they need to do. Fix what they need to fix, and take their time in order to ensure a stable platform. We owe them our respect, our gratitude, and some courtesy, and some patience. I really don't care if anyone flames me, or has any other rude comments about what I have said. Some people need to just sit back, chill and grow up

Hey man what makes you think i have nothing to lose on a wipe also. i understand it's a free game. All i want to do is play and from what we have heard from the devs is that there is a small chance that tout data will be saved anyways. so why prolong it more. and a wipe now shuts everyone the F up think about it. i dont want a wipe but i want to play thats where im at.

erminator
10-21-2011, 11:09 PM

At last someone that can actually spell lose correctly!

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 11:09 PM

I imagine Boyowar is one of those afk spammers who want to sell a CA or AA for 3 million credits, or has an auction item on the bazaar but is never wanting to sell it just to irk people.

I have to agree with Sgtmills and the others who are not as selfish as boyowar and all the other reprobates who can't seem to sacrifice a few days away from the EMu so that people won't be wiped. Remember, some people have a life and don't get to play as often so their spare time SWGEMu experiences are hard-earned. Where one peon can grind to Master in 2 days, someone else who actually HAS a life outside of SWG may need several weeks to gain their desired templates. I don't think making money in game is as easy as you say it is. Sure, if you're one of those people who spam-loot and sell cave loot, then maybe, but some of us don't do that. Be a little more patient, people. :) I know a lot of us would appreciate it if you stopped demanding the server to be wiped.

IF there were no other way, then sure, but they are working hard NOT to wipe it and I think that this is not only commendable, but also very smart.

matt71tx
10-21-2011, 11:10 PM
MANDO ARMOR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAD4BwJY6Qg

LOL, I remember this. It came out BEFORE JTL!

XsoulsX
10-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the update hope all works out!!

boyowar
10-21-2011, 11:19 PM
I imagine Boyowar is one of those afk spammers who want to sell a CA or AA for 3 million credits, or has an auction item on the bazaar but is never wanting to sell it just to irk people.

I have to agree with Sgtmills and the others who are not as selfish as boyowar and all the other reprobates who can't seem to sacrifice a few days away from the EMu so that people won't be wiped. Remember, some people have a life and don't get to play as often so their spare time SWGEMu experiences are hard-earned. Where one peon can grind to Master in 2 days, someone else who actually HAS a life outside of SWG may need several weeks to gain their desired templates. I don't think making money in game is as easy as you say it is. Sure, if you're one of those people who spam-loot and sell cave loot, then maybe, but some of us don't do that. Be a little more patient, people. :) I know a lot of us would appreciate it if you stopped demanding the server to be wiped.

IF there were no other way, then sure, but they are working hard NOT to wipe it and I think that this is not only commendable, but also very smart.

im not demading anything at all. i voiced my opinion. lol you funny by the way i dont have time to play like most and im one of those that it takes 3 weeks to get something done. due to the time i have to play and my family needing me FTY.

sgtmills
10-21-2011, 11:20 PM
yea i took it didn''t help much one reason why im in the corps. where you stationed at by the way ??

Lol, I am out now, done my time and was medically discharged due to being hit by a 5-ton. I have been to Ca, NC, and Okinawa. Not to mention multiple deployments here and there. I feel your pain, I really do. But understand that this is the civilian side of things. If you must, remember the old saying, "Hurry up and wait." Frustrating as it was then, it never honestly got any better with complaining. If anything, SNCO's would start playing their little games. Remember, this isn't war time Devil, this is life. Semper Fi

boyowar
10-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Lol, I am out now, done my time and was medically discharged due to being hit by a 5-ton. I have been to Ca, NC, and Okinawa. Not to mention multiple deployments here and there. I feel your pain, I really do. But understand that this is the civilian side of things. If you must, remember the old saying, "Hurry up and wait." Frustrating as it was then, it never honestly got any better with complaining. If anything, SNCO's would start playing their little games. Remember, this isn't war time Devil, this is life. Semper Fi

man i know i wasn't rude at all that man just flamed me. there is nothing i said that hasnt already been said. why he picked me i dont know i just wont stand for it.

fedal
10-21-2011, 11:32 PM
I think you guys have been doing a pretty good job considering. At least your not putting a band aid on it and saying all is fine. I hated when SOE did that.

Vlada
10-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Ease up on the off topic stuff.

michaeljs1990
10-21-2011, 11:46 PM
Don't make vlada lock the thread!

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
im not demading anything at all. i voiced my opinion. lol you funny by the way i dont have time to play like most and im one of those that it takes 3 weeks to get something done. due to the time i have to play and my family needing me FTY.

yeah i understand voicing your opinion, however you back it up with what YOU want which implies you are satisfied just with what you want. I believe I read you say, "I just want to play." after you reasoned that you don't want a wipe. I appreciate how much it takes to wait, however there is no reason to simply wipe it if they can recover it. I'm thinking of others. I do want to play also, but not at the cost of costing someone their hard work and valuables IF there is another way. I guess its just perception. I perceive that waiting in the mire of boredom is a small sacrifice to pay if that means it'll save others from and myself from being wiped. You perceive that you don't want a wipe either, however you just want them to wipe it anyway so as not to prolong the agony of your boredom.

Let's perhaps try and think positive and let them have the time they are asking for to fix it. I trust their judgement very much, when they have done all they can, they will decide when that is, we will proceed with the game... be it new or established. Until then, this is a forum and it is fun to post and read posts. There is nothing wrong with the posts multiplying as that is what a forums is all about. :)

Thanks for the props, just endure and know this won't last forever. :D I know one thing is for sure, tons of us will be very happy once it is up and running. Perhaps we will appreciate the game for a few moments more once we DO get back on. :P I wonder if any of the afk-entertainers in Cnet Cantina have realized that the server's been down for 3 days? LOL

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 11:59 PM

Here Here well said and I agree whole Heartedly.

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 12:03 AM
PS: Boyowar I apologize for accusing you of being selffish. I don't know you so that was unfair and wrong of me. :D I just hope you can hang on a tad longer in the hopes that they won't need to wipe the servers. :D

Blazer6992
10-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Ease up on the off topic stuff.

Yeah, keep complaining about still not being able to play.

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 12:24 AM

Okay now listen and listen good.... pick up the Star Wars Galaxies box and bring it up to your nose and breath in real deep... it's going to be okay... we're all going to get thru this together! Look, I don't mean to chap your hide, but if you sound like a kid, you will be posted about as if you are a kid. You sort of came off as selffish and demanding.

Whodathunk you were not a kid? Hell, even my husband at 43 is a kid still! So calm yourself. lol It's going to be okay. Most of what I'd said was a joke... especially about staring at the sun. I'm sorry you took it seriously. Now, take another smell of that box and fondle that manual like never before. We can do this! We WILL get thru this downtime! In fact at this very moment both my pinky fingers are wedged into the spiral backing of my SWG manual as I pretend it is a high-tech chinese finger trap from the future! :D

We kewl? I'm sorry for upsetting you further. I was army so naturally we would have an unexplainable contention under the surface of our posts to each other... but I shall refrain from calling you a jar-head! I swear I will! hehe love ya babe, don't change.

Recon-Roth
10-22-2011, 12:32 AM
VLADA? When do we get the next update from server central?

Ellyssia
10-22-2011, 12:34 AM
When there's one to give... No new news atm...

atldarkphoenix
10-22-2011, 12:37 AM
i'm glad swgemu fix isn't like our need for water, many of us would be dead by now. Best of luck to the devs.

ddvannoy
10-22-2011, 12:39 AM
When there's one to give... No new news atm...

Oh. I was under the assumption that Vlada was asking them for updates and not them supplying updates as they felt there was new news.

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 12:39 AM

....Oh and by the way i have yet to start wining about anything nore am i a kid by anymeans. One last thing im an outdoors man and a marine i work outside through rain, snow, or shine i dont need a punck little b**** bacement dweller telling to get a life. How about you SHUT-IT and move out of your parents bacement. Run your mouth to someones face and see if those little typeing fingers will save youe a** :)

Hey man what makes you think i have nothing to lose on a wipe also. i understand it's a free game. All i want to do is play and from what we have heard from the devs is that there is a small chance that tout data will be saved anyways. so why prolong it more. and a wipe now shuts everyone the F up think about it. i dont want a wipe but i want to play thats where im at.

....why he picked me i dont know i just wont stand for it.

Just wanted to reflect and say nobody hates you, or is flaming you but I can understand why we jumped on your posts. Nobody likes that you are ready to throw in the towel when it may not be necessary. This type of thinking does not emit leadership, does not emit compassion for your fellow player. So why even go there? IF we get wiped, then fine. IF they think they can invest time and effort in order to save us the pain of wipe, then that is fine too.

I do hope your family is enjoying the time they have with you during this downtime. I myself am desperately trying to find another tool for escape before they catch on that the server is down. :P just kidding. My husband is enjoying a clean house for once. O.o

boyowar
10-22-2011, 12:46 AM
PS: Boyowar I apologize for accusing you of being selffish. I don't know you so that was unfair and wrong of me. :D I just hope you can hang on a tad longer in the hopes that they won't need to wipe the servers. :D

Well thank you im waiting as long as i have too. and sry for calling you bacement dweller also

Revanis
10-22-2011, 12:49 AM
I do hope your family is enjoying the time they have with you during this downtime. I myself am desperately trying to find another tool for escape before they catch on that the server is down. :P just kidding. My husband is enjoying a clean house for once. O.o

Well thank you im waiting as long as i have too. and sry for calling you bacement dweller also

Okay, good thing this is now over. Over. Yes.

That thing/word that means it is no longer continuing in action. Ceased, in another word.

boyowar
10-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Okay now listen and listen good.... pick up the Star Wars Galaxies box and bring it up to your nose and breath in real deep... it's going to be okay... we're all going to get thru this together! Look, I don't mean to chap your hide, but if you sound like a kid, you will be posted about as if you are a kid. You sort of came off as selffish and demanding.

Whodathunk you were not a kid? Hell, even my husband at 43 is a kid still! So calm yourself. lol It's going to be okay. Most of what I'd said was a joke... especially about staring at the sun. I'm sorry you took it seriously. Now, take another smell of that box and fondle that manual like never before. We can do this! We WILL get thru this downtime! In fact at this very moment both my pinky fingers are wedged into the spiral backing of my SWG manual as I pretend it is a high-tech chinese finger trap from the future! :D

We kewl? I'm sorry for upsetting you further. I was army so naturally we would have an unexplainable contention under the surface of our posts to each other... but I shall refrain from calling you a jar-head! I swear I will! hehe love ya babe, don't change.

Hey now what i do with my SGW manual is my own business. Army=aint really marines yet :P

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 12:57 AM

Well my apology is indeed a very sincere one, so you're very welcome. (hugs) You are, afterall my brother in Emu so that means a lot to me. I guess I had gotten on edge fearing a wipe and went on the verbal offense. :P

Believe me, IF I had a basement, I'd be dwelling in it. I live in a desert where it gets 120 degrees farenheit at peak summer months and I'm the type who loves the colder weather! lol So you may not have been too off IF we'd had a basement! hehe

I'm liking this Kodan's profession calculator on the Launchpad! So far I've made several new templates incase there IS a wipe. hehe Thanks for your forgiveness, boyowar. I hope your toes don't still hurt.

I'm curious... did you get out your SWG box and sniff it? I think I need to go feel my trapped pinky-fingers in the plastic spiral of my manual just once more! hehe Take care EmuHero (my new name for you for tuffing it out) unless of course that offends you. :P Later gater!

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 01:01 AM
Okay, good thing this is now over. Over. Yes.

That thing/word that means it is no longer continuing in action. Ceased, in another word.

ROFLMBO.. yessss it's over mmmhmmm. Good thread! >.O

mikefournier
10-22-2011, 01:13 AM
I just read all 924 of these in 1 sitting...think my head is going to explode. Anyway, someone suggested re-reading Dune. That sounds like a great idea, at least the first 3 in the meantime. Good luck guys, thank you for all you do! Patience is a virtue

Pockets
10-22-2011, 01:24 AM

Many have saved months in order to purchase that exorbent PH or to make those perfected buffs. To merely wipe the server because YOU say it has no value or because YOU say it's a garbage broken server does not take into consideration the hard work other individuals have put in their experience playing on Liberator and not only displays your
------------
------------
"disregard for your fellow SWGEmu player but mimics the same disrespect for the 200k+ players of the original game when they took everything THEY had worked hard for in the name of greed. Only this would be in the name of your withdrawal symptoms. "
------------
------------

I've always been a WIPE IT kinda person but I'll give you that part in the middle that I separated out. Good point, excellent comparison and I'll lay off the people that complain about wipes from now on. I'll find other reasons to pick on them :)

leonorex
10-22-2011, 01:27 AM
I hope everything going fine... best wishes from venezuela, my brothers and I still waiting for play.

Revanis
10-22-2011, 01:40 AM
When we said "no more off-topic posting", did we need to clarify what that meant?

Sillysith
10-22-2011, 01:45 AM
When we said "no more off-topic posting", did we need to clarify what that meant?

Obviously, yes!

erminator
10-22-2011, 02:11 AM
I found something that takes just as long as this is taking, formatted c drive and im on windows update number 167 :/

Slayer45
10-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Playing COH whilst waiting for server return.

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Just a quick reminder just in case we do get wiped and our macros go along with it... I would copy/paste all your macros that is found on your Launchpad Enhanced under the Macro Option. Just click on the fold out menu for your specific account, then click on your macro, then it will appear in the middle window where you can copy it to your note-pad or whatever on your PC. You all probably already thought to do this long ago... It just took me this long to think of it. :P

Happy Emu-shakes all :) Think I'll actually go down and cook a hot meal. :D take care all! hehe

Superjebus
10-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Liberator, bugs and development

The SWGEmu Community Division

New players guide, start here

Hello new community member and welcome to SWGEmu.

Please take the time, read these few simple guidelines and familiarize yourself with Liberator and other parts of this project:

Liberator is a temporary server, it will be wiped. Wipe means everything goes, your toons, items, credits, XP. This is a development project, there will be many wipes before 1.0 is released
Liberator wipe is not scheduled, there is no ETA, no need to ask.

*snip*

Well this is all wrong then. For the last 4 days, fixing Liberator has been the entire focus of the dev team. The players like myself were not the first to start calling for a wipe, the devs were. Stop flaming people asking for a wipe. Stop crying about losing something you were told you could never keep.

michaeljs1990
10-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Well this is all wrong then. For the last 4 days, fixing Liberator has been the entire focus of the dev team. The players like myself were not the first to start calling for a wipe, the devs were. Stop flaming people asking for a wipe. Stop crying about losing something you were told you could never keep.

more importantly... just drop it none of us have any control over it

Revanis
10-22-2011, 03:07 AM

There is a difference between asking for a(nother) wipe and waiting for the EXPECTED wipe. The expected one for when better code is complete and playable.

Edit: Just edited out the rest because it was a HUEG quote, sorry.

wjenet
10-22-2011, 03:09 AM
... I'm liking this Kodan's profession calculator on the Launchpad!

No kiddin', nice app.

/hi5 kodan

sgtmills
10-22-2011, 03:19 AM
No kiddin', nice app.

/hi5 kodan

Is there an iPhone app for Kodan's profession calculator??

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Playing COH whilst waiting for server return.

LOL CoH huh? me and my hubby played that for a few years too. :P I had too many heroes!

My mains were: Dr. Membrane (strictly empath healer/buffer), Solid Fury (tank fire-ice), Ultra Rad (don't remember but had radiation-ice, not sure if defender or what), Protektor (scrapper-spines), Cottn'Candy (defender-kinetics), NyQuill (dark def. quills), Abby Normal (don't remember), Crimsin Bride, (blaster awesome power) Vivid Velocity (forget), Whirlwind Wonder (forget), Lavender Lace (forget), MiniMe (forget) (was miniature version of hubby's Dr. Evil toon) We had tons of fun on that game but it was never quite as good as this one. In fact I went searching for something remotely LIKE this one and never found a good replacement.

I tried: CoH, LOTRO, 2nd Life (suckville), Gates of Andron, Ogame, Battleknight, Gladiatus, Evony, eveOnline, and a whole host of facebook games just cuz they were free and cut the boredom. Nope SWG is a one-of-a-kind game for this old gal!

Oh and PS to the SuperJEbus who posted an older post about Liberator wipes. After that post they made it so the Liberator was more stable and would suffer less wipes as long as we still tested the TC:Nova server. I forget where I read it but they definitely announced that they would not wipe Liberator as often has they had been doing... that if we were okay with the liberator not having some things implemented they could leave us be and work on the OR with TC: Nova. Soooo.... find that post and you will see that Lib was not going to suffer many wipes after that. :) LOVE YOU EMU COMMUNITY!

madmax2069
10-22-2011, 03:34 AM
I hate it when hardware fails. But you never know when hardware is going to fail. I bought a brand new HDD and it died within hours, got it replaced and its pushing on 6 years old. anyone and any company that rely on computers can and does see hardware failures, they run the same odds as everyone else with a single component. Even if they switched to another data center running new or old equipment can see the same failures. Its the same as asking someone (thats not planning on killing themselves) how long they are going to live.

xyled777
10-22-2011, 03:34 AM
awwww man!
Guess I have to traverse the horribleness of runescape!
Can't find my Roller Coaster Tycoon CD. :(

navaho
10-22-2011, 03:36 AM
Just as an FYI, your macros are located (on Win7) at C:\SWGEmu\profiles\accountname\macros.txt. Keep a copy of it. If for some reason we have to make new accounts with new login names just drop the file into the new accountname directory and it should just work.

Emerzon
10-22-2011, 03:41 AM
I tried: CoH, LOTRO, 2nd Life (suckville), Gates of Andron, Ogame, Battleknight, Gladiatus, Evony, eveOnline, and a whole host of facebook games just cuz they were free and cut the boredom. Nope SWG is a one-of-a-kind game

Feel your pain there...Eve online, DDO, RF online, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, LOTRO, Runescape, Ultima Online along with one or 2 others im sure Im forgetting...all in an attempt to find a game that kept my attention like swg had been able too.

Jaddynnstarr
10-22-2011, 03:46 AM
I hate it when hardware fails. But you never know when hardware is going to fail. I bought a brand new HDD and it died within hours, got it replaced and its pushing on 6 years old. anyone and any company that rely on computers can and does see hardware failures, they run the same odds as everyone else with a single component. Even if they switched to another data center running new or old equipment can see the same failures. Its the same as asking someone (thats not planning on killing themselves) how long they are going to live.

while this is true, 80% of hardware fails or greater can be detected by hardware monitoring software.... and those are better odds then the 100% "WTF just happened" crashes... look im not saying its gonna solve the problem 100% or prevent it 100% all im sayin is, you will likely be forwarned of a problem and able to start recovery much sooner then if you dont have it.

As for the part about asking how long you are gonna live... which is gonna live longer... the guy who uses a doc to monitor his health and finds a heart problem and fixes it before its too late, or the poor sap who has no doc and has the same problem.....

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Feel your pain there...Eve online, DDO, RF online, Lineage 2, Guild Wars, LOTRO, Runescape, Ultima Online along with one or 2 others im sure Im forgetting...all in an attempt to find a game that kept my attention like swg had been able too.

Yeah I found myself always trying to craft something cursing under my breath saying, "Man, why can this be like SWG?" over and over again! lol Hey, how was Guildwars? Me and hubby were tempted, very tempted to try it but never did. I heard it was similar to SWG???

ddvannoy
10-22-2011, 03:52 AM
Been a while since are last update. No news is the same news? (Still cloning data from the bad HDDs?)

P.S. The topic is not about Guild Wars.

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 03:54 AM
while this is true, 80% of hardware fails or greater can be detected by hardware monitoring software.... and those are better odds then the 100% "WTF just happened" crashes... look im not saying its gonna solve the problem 100% or prevent it 100% all im sayin is, you will likely be forwarned of a problem and able to start recovery much sooner then if you dont have it......

Some sound reasoning here, I just wonder if we are asking too much for a FREE game. I mean, yes most of us are willing to donate some money some times, but perhaps the reason it is going to be free is because they ARE running it out of someone's capable makeshift datacenter that does not have all the bells and whistles. I just hope if they do want equipment that will help us avoide hardware fails, they will let us know how much it'd cost and fundraise for it. :) oh wow 9pm already? Hey this thread ate my time up quite nicely! lol Goodnight all, must go make believe there is no PC... like the spoon in Matrix. There is no PC, there IS no PC....

xyled777
10-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Me and the family tried Guild Wars after SWG Failed, it was a good game but personally I didn't like the instanced worlds outside of the towns where only you and your group played. It was like nothing more than a multiplayer game. I never tried GW2 though, so I'm not sure what updates have been made.

In the end, there is no SWG (now SWGEMU) alternative, I have spent years looking for one and have had absolutely no success.

fighdolla
10-22-2011, 04:03 AM
In the end, there is no SWG (now SWGEMU) alternative, I have spent years looking for one and have had absolutely no success.

Agreed. Until I found out about this emu about two months ago I hadn't even bothered with an MMO for at least 3 years

retto
so no new info since early this morning ? i figured for sure wed have heard something while i was at work all day :(

what are the 8 stages of grief again ?

Jaddynnstarr
I would like to take a second and weigh in on the whole wipe issue. several valid points on both ends here, but i think that due to this being a test environment, i will lean in favor of a wipe at this point. Here is my reasoning.

While it is true that alot of players have amassed quite a bit of wealth and items and force progression, most of that is undercut by the fact that there was alot of exploitation, duping and unlocks with a lil "help".
I think it would be in the best interest of the community to restart things to clear the slate of all the bad and dubious events of the past. I respect that there will be poeple who want to keep what they have aquired, and i even have some hesitation of losing what i have aquired myself. But i think as a whole, we all would be much better off just cleaning the slate and starting anew.

fighdolla
10-22-2011, 04:10 AM
wipe, no wipe...it's all the same to me. What others have/don't have doesn't affect me or my game time. I like the characters and gear I have, but Anything I have now can be regained. I just want to play again

Clipses
10-22-2011, 04:13 AM
I wanna play!

Superjebus
10-22-2011, 04:15 AM
there was alot of exploitation, duping and unlocks with a lil "help".
I have, so far, avoided touching on those reasons. In my opinion these are secondary to the "Lib will not be fixed" and "Lib is not perminatant" so why fix it argument. Having said that, Jaddynnstarr has raised a very good point.

/findcanopener
/opencanofworms

Are the same "lil helpers" trying to keep the jedi's for their friends, knowing they wont get away with helping them again?

P.S. OK so maybe its more Pandora's Box than a can of worms.

atldarkphoenix
10-22-2011, 04:18 AM
where is some news?

Jaddynnstarr
10-22-2011, 04:18 AM
Some sound reasoning here, I just wonder if we are asking too much for a FREE game. I mean, yes most of us are willing to donate some money some times, but perhaps the reason it is going to be free is because they ARE running it out of someone's capable makeshift datacenter that does not have all the bells and whistles. I just hope if they do want equipment that will help us avoide hardware fails, they will let us know how much it'd cost and fundraise for it. :) oh wow 9pm already? Hey this thread ate my time up quite nicely! lol Goodnight all, must go make believe there is no PC... like the spoon in Matrix. There is no PC, there IS no PC....

i see the point obout asking too much, but remember... TA quit his job to work on this full time did he not? so in a sense... we ARE paying for this to get done... i realize its supposed to be a free game and such and have no qualms withthe devs working on it when they can... my beef is with why cant we get better service out of the data center we are using. Ill be honest... hardware monitoring services in a data center 90% of the time is a freebie included with your account.

so i pose this question... are the servers being hosted by a fly by night data center or a well grounded respectable data center? can we at least know the name of the company that is hosting this beast?

Revanis
10-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Are the same "lil helpers" trying to keep the jedi's for their friends, knowing they wont get away with helping them again?

The offenders were halted and the system secured so things like that can't happen in the future, so that shouldn't be the case I would think.

so i pose this question... are the servers being hosted by a fly by night data center or a well grounded respectable data center? can we at least know the name of the company that is hosting this beast?

Hard-drives are known to fail. That's why manufacturers publish what is known as an MTBF (I am sure you are aware of this). RAID setups increase the risk of failure substantially, and on a(n almost) 24/7 uptime setup like the SWGEmu network, one cannot expect perfect results. That, and considering two out of four HDDs failed, time has to be taken to ensure data is properly restored and future risk minimized.

Superjebus
10-22-2011, 04:26 AM
The offenders were halted and the system secured so things like that can't happen in the future, so that shouldn't be the case I would think.
Thats exactly my point. They can't do it again. So "lets spend a week recovering the ones we got you, because we can't do it again."

Jaddynnstarr
10-22-2011, 04:26 AM
I have, so far, avoided touching on those reasons. In my opinion these are secondary to the "Lib will not be fixed" and "Lib is not perminatant" so why fix it argument. Having said that, Jaddynnstarr has raised a very good point.

/findcanopener
/opencanofworms

My intention was not to seek out the jedi helpers or what have you, i was just stating the 3 most used reasons that people use to argue with as the point. Im not gonna pretend to know what really happened with poeples accounts or items, all i know is, it happened, lets wipe it to put it in the past so we can move forward.

Jaddynnstarr
10-22-2011, 04:42 AM

Hard-drives are known to fail. That's why manufacturers publish what is known as an MTBF (I am sure you are aware of this). RAID setups increase the risk of failure substantially, and on a(n almost) 24/7 uptime setup like the SWGEmu network, one cannot expect perfect results. That, and considering two out of four HDDs failed, time has to be taken to ensure data is properly restored and future risk minimized.

Revan, I take issue with the MTBF being listed as a substantial increase of risk of failure here... MTBF is not really a good measure for reliability on raid arrays due to the fact it doesnt take into accont that a raid fixes itself by most means when a drive fails... I do know that on SSD's unless you run a data management prog on it, you can burn out a SSD much faster, but that is an inherent risk of using the drive period... and these are HDD's we are talking about... so... no data management needed. writing on one drive will be equal (for the most part) on all other drives in the array depending on what type of raid is used of course. Ive not seen any documentation on how raid substantially decreases the life of a drive. Ive seen it posted that it affects it minutely, but not substantially.

Still waiting on the name of the data center hosting this as well hehehe or is that not gonna be forthcoming?

P.S. im not expecting perfection out of this, my only gripe is that for whatever reason, the datacenter is not providing this service to us. Is there a reason for it? If its money, can we take some of the extra 400-500$ a month that gets donated to include this service from the data center, since they seem to not be including it in our services?(which IMHO means its a ****ty data center) If not, can we move to a different data center?

Fallenswordsman
10-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Goodnight/morning to everyone still following the thread. Hopefully some more news when I wake up as to what is happening.

Good luck to the Devs! Good luck to Revanis, Vlada, Elyssia, Aceblade with the off topics!

Peace All!

MiniMe
10-22-2011, 05:10 AM
To ease the withdrawals of downtime... and this works great...everyone locate and pick up the Star Wars Galaxies box and place it under your nose and take a big whiff... it's going to be okay... we're all going to get thru this together!

Now, take another whiff of that box, even fondling your SWG manual if you must. We can do this! We WILL get thru this downtime, all for one! Now place both of your pinky-fingers into the spiral backing of your SWG Manual, wedging them in nice and tight like...Now close your eyes and pretend your fingers are stuck in a high-tech chinese finger trap from the future... which you've just won from the Lugjack machine or the Jubilee Wheel! :D Feeling better, I hope. Goodnight SWGEmu'ers. I really am a jokester and do not mean to ruffle feathers. One reason I hate text as it doesn't show the smile or voice inflexions. Oh well, hope I made friends, not anemones. :)

Revanis
10-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Revan, I take issue with the MTBF being listed as a substantial increase of risk of failure here... MTBF is not really a good measure for reliability on raid arrays due to the fact it doesnt take into accont that a raid fixes itself by most means when a drive fails... I do know that on SSD's unless you run a data management prog on it, you can burn out a SSD much faster, but that is an inherent risk of using the drive period... and these are HDD's we are talking about... so... no data management needed.

What I was told: we do not have a RAID card for performance checks, as the HDDs are hosted virtually as a single entity. Software RAID.

As for the name, I don't recall it right now but you may be able to dig it up on the forums somewhere..

Revanis
10-22-2011, 05:36 AM
This thread has gotten far out of hand. Future information WILL be made available to you all, but we'll do it elsewhere. In the meantime, you are all welcome to join the IRC network for chatter, but I can't promise any other information may be made available that otherwise wouldn't be posted here on the forums, so it's just a place to hang out.

Closed.

Vlada
10-23-2011, 01:11 AM
Latest news:

[03:07] <@TheAnswer> we are still copying the files
[03:07] <@TheAnswer> if its not done by tomorrow i will proceed without it
[03:10] <%Vlada> What does "proceed without it" mean? Reinstall everything without mysql data, That's equal to wipe, right?
[03:10] <@TheAnswer> yeah

Vlada
10-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Finally some good news, or devs were able to to recover pretty much all the mysql so none of the character data is lost. When we have the OS installed and running, TA will have to test the latest data, if its not consistent Liberator will be rolled back to October 14th.

Of course all this takes time, rough guesstimate... 24 hours or more.

Once again we apologize it took us this long to recover the data and we thank you for your patience and support.

Vlada
10-24-2011, 10:42 PM
No problems so far, just that damn thing called real life. It always messes things up.

Talked to TA, turns out he had a hell of a day, he is going to try to test the mysql data now... if he doesn't fall asleep in the process.

Of course all this takes time, rough guesstimate... 24 hours or more.

Vlada
10-25-2011, 09:32 PM
[23:22] <%Vlada> Time for some news, good or bad. Even no news can pass as news right now.
[23:23] <@TheAnswer> Last Updated: 23 hours ago
[23:24] <@TheAnswer> that's the ticket i sent for replacing the bad HDD
[23:24] <@TheAnswer> 23hours ago and still waiting
[23:24] <%Vlada> host didn't replace it?
[23:25] <@TheAnswer> not yet
[23:25] <@TheAnswer> we needed it to recover the data
[23:25] <%Vlada> lovely

Well folks it looks like its out of our hands, we cant do anything until our host replaces that damaged HDD.

Since we cant do anything until they do what needs to be done, we are back to no ETA.

Sorry.

Vlada
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
[23:31] <@TheAnswer> they just replied
[23:31] <%Vlada> and?
[23:32] <@TheAnswer> they reinstalled OS
[23:32] <@TheAnswer> i can see all the drives now
[23:32] <%Vlada> \o/
[23:32] <~Odwill> finally
[23:32] <~Odwill> good news though
[23:32] <%Vlada> Will we see Lib tonight?
[23:32] <@TheAnswer> i hope so
[23:32] <@TheAnswer> i am working on it

Fingers crossed.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5657/830pxstardestroyernegvv.png

Vlada
10-27-2011, 06:05 AM
EDIT - Further note: Login server appears to be having some issues. No ETA on it's revival; Liberator still remains up but can't be accessed.

LIBERATOR IS CURRENTLY UP -- The next 24 hours are a test to determine stability, so DO NOT get too comfortable just yet. We're not completely out of the woods.

Revanis
10-27-2011, 12:29 PM
UPDATE: Login server is functional.

However, Liberator is still in a stage of potential instability, so please be wary of that.