Good night. :)

gnite....10 char min

starlight103
10-21-2011, 12:41 AM

get good sleep. :)

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 12:42 AM
LOL I'm with you on THAT, Slayer45! I hope Jedi remains very very hard to gain. there are some that are not even interested in Jedi but if they make it too easy, then we'll have that Jedi-fest we had on Eclipse when you heard light-sabers everywhere you went! NO THANKS! lol

AMEN to that I remember those days well on Eclipse.

Vlada
10-21-2011, 12:44 AM
any parting thoughts?

I doubt anything "interesting" will happen tonight.

Irsk Holfir
10-21-2011, 12:44 AM
Well I am one of those hoping that his chars, cash aso. is more or less the way he left things before the HDs crashed. I am new here (2 Weeks of playing) and for me it makes no sense wiping my chars unless there is no other possibility because the Devs cant recover everything. I think the server wipe is coming soon enough anyway (I hope it will still be a year or so), so why grind my professions more times then really needed. Until we all can play this nearly perfect full functioning Pre-CU SWG there probably will be enough wipes anyway... not really looking forward to them accept the very last one. I dont mind others beeing much further in game or haveing x million of credits (compared to my 80 k that I owe with 3 chars^^) .... and that "fresh feeling" anyone is talking about in my opinion will only come up when the new code is "perfect" and everyone can feel again like a long time ago in a galaxy far far away^:)

Darknog
10-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Well we should be back up 2nite or early morning if all goes well! That dev post deff insinuated that their working on it! By working on it im thinking that's because they replaced the hardware already! While starting the replacement of data with nothing like (WIPE), i would do the same if i was in their position specially if it elimated 24hrs of downtime and a 50/50 chance of helping not likley. NEW is always BETTER then OLD "(NPH)" !!!!!

Odelay
10-21-2011, 12:46 AM
I see a couple popular crafters lurking / posting, just curious what their thoughts are about the possibility of starting from scratch as opposed to continuing on with server best resources and the like.
(do i really have to type the full disclosure statement about knowing it doesnt matter what anyone thinks or says, they will do what they do regardless. well nvm, i just typed it..)

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 12:48 AM
It would be really nice for thos that dont want to go jedi like myself that had an option to gain an end game class like jedi. Something like mando's.
Jedi the way I see it are the top melee class why not make an second end game class for thos that lik range and dont want to be a jedi. I dont believe it would be that hard. Wouldnt have to make new specials just piece in different specialls and make stats harder on the tree tap . and give them tracking of players . Could evengive the the able to wield sabars lik in clone wars had that one guy which was the leader of Death watch .

what does anyone else thing of this idea.

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Well we should be back up 2nite or early morning if all goes well! That dev post deff insinuated that their working on it! By working on it im thinking that's because they replaced the hardware already! While starting the replacement of data with nothing like (WIPE), i would do the same if i was in their position specially if it elimated 24hrs of downtime and a 50/50 chance of helping not likley. NEW is always BETTER then OLD "(NPH)" !!!!!

Which dev post?

drogomoss
10-21-2011, 12:52 AM
I see a couple popular crafters lurking / posting, just curious what their thoughts are about the possibility of starting from scratch as opposed to continuing on with server best resources and the like.
(do i really have to type the full disclosure statement about knowing it doesnt matter what anyone thinks or says, they will do what they do regardless. well nvm, i just typed it..)

Hey odelay, in terms of a wipe, I won't say whether I'm pro/con wipe, I'd rather just say "que sera, sera" - whatever will be will be. I'm relatively easy-going, and to be honest I get excited when a new server-best resource spawns on liberator, and I have yet to experience on emu the release of a new server. Drogo

refreund
10-21-2011, 12:52 AM
I doubt anything "interesting" will happen tonight.

alright thanks much for your patience with us :D gnight

artshal
10-21-2011, 12:54 AM
no offence...but that sounds like the road sony started down

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 01:01 AM

A few things to consider if we have a wipe...

1. No buffs for a while. Even if we get a few folks hitting master doc, the resources are going to suck for at lease a few months.
2. Armor and weapons are going to suck for a long time too. The good resources to make these are also going to take quite a while to all spawn.
3. Good drops will also be in short supply because the people that would normally farm them will not have the gear to do so.
4. All the good leveling/noobie spots are going to be over crowded which will turn into the survival of the fittest and cause lots of drama.
5. PVP will be nonexistent for quite a while with the exception of any dev run events.

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 01:02 AM
As one of the few Armorsmiths making high end Wookiee Hunting armor, I just want to play. I don't want a wipe, but I don't see the point in waiting for days to recover data we know we are going to loose anyway. Liberator is supposed to be a fun server with no support. Whats fun about not having the server, and how is 2 days of data recovery no support?

Also, why can't they atleast bring TCNova online? There are things that I could be testing.

refreund
10-21-2011, 01:03 AM
A few things to consider if we have a wipe...

1. No buffs for a while. Even if we get a few folks hitting master doc, the resources are going to suck for at lease a few months.
2. Armor and weapons are going to suck for a long time too. The good resources to make these are also going to take quite a while to all spawn.
3. Good drops will also be in short supply because the people that would normally farm them will not have the gear to do so.
4. All the good leveling/noobie spots are going to be over crowded which will turn into the survival of the fittest and cause lots of drama.
5. PVP will be nonexistent for quite a while with the exception of any dev run events.

all of which are awesome things :D

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 01:07 AM
all of which are awesome things :D

To each their own I guess.

BloodySheetMetal
10-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Wipe it all, Lets all start from scratch. We will have to get used to it anyway when the servers go live anyway. Practice Practice Practice!

What we call the beginning is often the end.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Hey odelay, in terms of a wipe, I won't say whether I'm pro/con wipe, I'd rather just say "que sera, sera" - whatever will be will be. I'm relatively easy-going, and to be honest I get excited when a new server-best resource spawns on liberator, and I have yet to experience on emu the release of a new server. Drogo

I bet that is the feeling for most crafters. I was just getting my resources together to start, so aside from the grind, I suppose I am where I was at anyways, aside from having the ability to purchase quality resources. I think I will enjoy having the opportunity to start on par (resource wise, not skill wise) with the rest of the server if that is what happens.

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 01:23 AM
There would be more pvp witha wipe then there is now .
I only go by what happened on live. tho
Not lik there is pvp now anyways.

artshal
10-21-2011, 01:32 AM
theres 64 of us on this thread....someone must wanta say something...lol

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 01:34 AM

As of right now Im at 100% servers best....so for me it would be somewhat of an adventure to start over...then again no t21s for a few months makes me shutter....kinda double edge but Drogo said it best whatever will be will be.

Dweeb
10-21-2011, 01:37 AM
lol i just paid for a new suit of custom armor too hahahaha!!!! Well, if they wipe then so be it. At least we will get houses and player cities..... am I right?

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 01:39 AM
lol i just paid for a new suit of custom armor too hahahaha!!!! Well, if they wipe then so be it. At least we will get houses and player cities..... am I right?

Not necessarily. More likely that it would just be a wipe of characters, items credits etc, and the continued use of the same Liberator code.

ulmighty713

well you dont get out of my armor order just because of a wipe bro :)

Ulmighty

Ateth
nah not getting houses and player cities yet..that will happen when the nova code is ready

Superjebus
At least we will get houses and player cities..... am I right?
No, there will be nothing new, just the ability to play again.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 01:43 AM

If that were the case, this entire thread would be one post after another, all with the same content: "WIPE IT NOW"

If it is reset, like Ellyssia said, its still liberator, but just as it was day 1 liberator was up

at least I can be human this time, zabrak is garbage without racials!

luttikrob
10-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Not necessarily. More likely that it would just be a wipe of characters, items credits etc, and the continued use of the same Liberator code.
lets just get married and get it over with Ellysia

Dasme
10-21-2011, 01:46 AM
i have two words in reguards to weather or not to wipe liberator.... DO IT! i like the idea of everyone being on the same level for a while!

drogomoss
10-21-2011, 01:46 AM
well you dont get out of my armor order just because of a wipe bro :)

Ulmighty
Haha I finished ur order 2 hours before the crash! If liberator does come back up, murphys law says it'll probably rollback to before I crafted it lol

Rorador
10-21-2011, 01:48 AM
As one of the few Armorsmiths making high end Wookiee Hunting armor, I just want to play. I don't want a wipe, but I don't see the point in waiting for days to recover data we know we are going to loose anyway. Liberator is supposed to be a fun server with no support. Whats fun about not having the server, and how is 2 days of data recovery no support?

Also, why can't they atleast bring TCNova online? There are things that I could be testing.

Aside from the armorsmith portion, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Just do a straight replace on the harddrive and /shrug the months of Lib data off. While it sucks to lose everything (I was CM and CH when CU hit on live /cry) it is refreshing to start new.

wjenet
10-21-2011, 02:05 AM
Personally, I have always thought that the leveling is the fun part. Once there's no progression to be made, things get stale for me ... and I'm soon off to level a new toon.

I'm fully aware that others will have different views, and that's OK.

obsidia
10-21-2011, 02:08 AM
If they have to do a wipe, what ever resources you can get on the first day will be the server best! :)

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 02:15 AM
If they have to do a wipe, what ever resources you can get on the first day will be the server best! :)
I like:approve:

Masonb
10-21-2011, 02:15 AM
so many people viewing this post, it's almost like instant messaging..

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 02:17 AM
Hello TAfirehawk. Do you bring us good news?

P.S. I guess not.

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 02:53 AM
It would be really nice for thos that dont want to go jedi like myself that had an option to gain an end game class like jedi. Something like mando's.
Jedi the way I see it are the top melee class why not make an second end game class for thos that lik range and dont want to be a jedi. I dont believe it would be that hard. Wouldnt have to make new specials just piece in different specialls and make stats harder on the tree tap . and give them tracking of players . Could evengive the the able to wield sabars lik in clone wars had that one guy which was the leader of Death watch .

what does anyone else thing of this idea.

No one thanks this is a good idea?
It would bring something new to the game we love . Any thoughts would be nice. Why not debate or have a discussion with this down time .

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 02:55 AM
This isn't the place for such discussions... that's more of a "Future Server Ideas" discussion.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 02:57 AM
It would bring something new to the game we love . Any thoughts would be nice. Why not debate or have a discussion with this down time .

change to the game we love brought us to where we are now. I think the general consensus is that people just want pre-CU SWG back, not additional new features, and certainly not something so out of left field as a ranged version of jedi

edit: dont yell at me Ellyssia! i was typing this before you posted!!

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 03:09 AM
This isn't the place for such discussions... that's more of a "Future Server Ideas" discussion.
Just thought that with so many players on here talking . I would bring it up . So I will do that. Thank you .

orangepowerosu
10-21-2011, 03:09 AM
If it happens it will just be a database wipe, characters, items, credits. Liberator as a server will remain, we all just start fresh.

Thanks Vlada. Now I can rest easy :)

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 03:11 AM
change to the game we love brought us to where we are now. I think the general consensus is that people just want pre-CU SWG back, not additional new features, and certainly not something so out of left field as a ranged version of jedi

edit: dont yell at me Ellyssia! i was typing this before you posted!!
it wouldnt be a change but an add to the game . Someone once said some thing about making swg better any idea that could bring should be brought up .

aricin
10-21-2011, 03:11 AM

We are all here for Pre-CU SWG.

WoW is thata way------>

sumion
10-21-2011, 03:26 AM
give me a break aricin. yes of course we all love pre-cu, but it also had its fair share of problems that SHOULD be fixed. also, this is a community project not SOE, I see no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to make suggestions for future additions to the game, which IS why we have a suggestion forum.

soldierboy
10-21-2011, 03:27 AM
^^^ I lol"d
what"s the topic again oh yea is the server up yet?

lamikgb
10-21-2011, 03:27 AM
we cross fingers and wish luck to devs!

attwood201
10-21-2011, 03:33 AM
SSo is there knowledge of the character wipe is gonna happen? Lol I had strong but well. I guess if it must be done so be it ;( im down for whateever but hope they don't lol.

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 03:44 AM
Hey why don't you guys stop *****ing? All I hear from half the god damn form is: why do we have to wipe it? I'm going to quit if you wipe it! I don't have Alot of confidence in the project because your going to wipe it just like you told us before! Just shut the **** up... I'm sick of kids or people with no lives complaining about shut that has been stated over and over and ****ing over again... Either A stfu and get over losing a character in a GAME, or B Get the **** off the forums. I'm sad the servers are down too but guess what? I've got a life, i know how to survive for TWO days without swg. Great game, great developers, long live swg

..... /pin drop

aricin
10-21-2011, 03:46 AM
give me a break aricin. yes of course we all love pre-cu, but it also had its fair share of problems that SHOULD be fixed. also, this is a community project not SOE, I see no reason why people shouldn't be allowed to make suggestions for future additions to the game, which IS why we have a suggestion forum.
You should also realize this is an emu not a game development, meaning they are not bringing us a NEW game, they only have so much to work with, meaning SOE's original game. They are not making a new game, just making a game that already existed able to be replayed.

On top of all that, they volunteer all thier time and resources to bring it to us FREE.

This is not WoW, there will be no NEW additions, only polishing of the ORIGINAL game we knew and loved, not something NEW.

michaeljs1990
10-21-2011, 03:48 AM
^^^^ lol ya as more people are going into SWGemu withdraw this could get nasty quick... /runforcover

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 03:53 AM
The servers could have been up by now, but.........

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 03:54 AM
who was the muppet that brought up adding to to a predetermined end point, which is CU? Bloody ranged jedi like class? wtf...
to steer clear of any more foolishness, thanks for the work by the devs and support team , etc.
hope we can just get the servers back up soon to stop the wandering minds lol wipe or not.

cheers

sumion
10-21-2011, 04:01 AM
You should also realize this is an emu not a game development, meaning they are not bringing us a NEW game, they only have so much to work with, meaning SOE's original game. They are not making a new game, just making a game that already existed able to be replayed.

On top of all that, they volunteer all thier time and resources to bring it to us FREE.

This is not WoW, there will be no NEW additions, only polishing of the ORIGINAL game we knew and loved, not something NEW.

Well, I guess I wasn't aware that SWGemu was an emulator - thanks for letting me know. However, maybe you should also be aware that the project presents an opportunity to fix many areas where SWG messed up (and no, I am not talking about big game changing things like the NGE). Ideally, any such changes would of course happen after 1.0 is implemented.

You say "This is not WoW, there will be no NEW additions, only polishing of the ORIGINAL game we knew and loved, not something NEW."

I guess what you are trying to say is: WoW is like NGE, NGE was a NEW addition, therefore any new additions are like the NGE and WoW. I believe this is what we call a logical fallacy, not to mention the straw man aspects of your post.

Saying "WoW is thatw way---->" or "This is not WoW" is completely irrelevant and also insulting. Did Kraziapriest ever say he wanted WoW? Did I say I wanted WoW? What does WoW have to do with anything we have said? I mean come on, we are all here precisely because we love SWG pre-cu. So please, stop making such erratic responses.

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 04:05 AM

Elly, is it even possible for houses etc to be implemented? Just curious......that would be a something if it could.....well worth a wipe :)

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Elly, is it even possible for houses etc to be implemented? Just curious......that would be a something if it could.....well worth a wipe :)

Not on the current Liberator code.

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, I guess I wasn't aware that SWGemu was an emulator - thanks for letting me know. However, maybe you should also be aware that the project presents an opportunity to fix many areas where SWG messed up (and no, I am not talking about big game changing things like the NGE). Ideally, any such changes would of course happen after 1.0 is implemented.

You say "This is not WoW, there will be no NEW additions, only polishing of the ORIGINAL game we knew and loved, not something NEW."

I guess what you are trying to say is: WoW is like NGE, NGE was a NEW addition, therefore any new additions are like the NGE and WoW. I believe this is what we call a logical fallacy, not to mention the straw man aspects of your post.

Saying "WoW is thatw way---->" or "This is not WoW" is completely irrelevant and also insulting. Did Kraziapriest ever say he wanted WoW? Did I say I wanted WoW? What does WoW have to do with anything we have said? I mean come on, we are all here precisely because we love SWG pre-cu. So please, stop making such erratic responses.

think what you lot are missing is we want pre-cu back...and obv so do the devs that are working for free to make this happen. i am sure there are plenty of other projects out there that might cater to those wanting an improvement on that, but all signs is this ain't it...the majority of us here want pre-cu back and that's it, any other tinkering to that will just lead down a path of "where do you stop" that led us to the crap that is swg now...so let's hope they get the pre-cu emu done to it's fullest and be happy with that...no? ffs

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:08 AM
OMG not another person using the overused term "Strawman", Lord.

Grow up.

sumion
10-21-2011, 04:11 AM
Well murdered, what should I say when I find someone making false assumptions or misrepresenting someone else's post?

aricin
10-21-2011, 04:12 AM

New changes cannot and will not happen post 1.0 because they can't. They are working with SOE software, meaning they can't create many new things other than spawns and whatnot, not entirely new classes.

IF you are here because you love PRE CU then act like it and stop asking for new classes and changes, or defending those that do.

sumion
10-21-2011, 04:14 AM
First of all, if you go back and look I havent asked for any new classes, I am merely pointing out that you are being insulting and disrespectful towards Kraziepriest.

xkaiserx
10-21-2011, 04:16 AM
New changes cannot and will not happen post 1.0 because they can't. They are working with SOE software, meaning they can't create many new things other than spawns and whatnot, not entirely new classes.

IF you are here because you love PRE CU then act like it and stop asking for new classes and changes, or defending those that do.

well said mate...this is clearly a pre-cu project. if that wasnt what you wanted to play when you signed up, go elsewhere...my opinion of course...

soldierboy
10-21-2011, 04:18 AM
First of all, if you go back and look I havent asked for any new classes, I am merely pointing out that you are being insulting and disrespectful towards Kraziepriest. Why do cowboys get s*** in their mustaches /pause .01; Looking for love in all the wrong places

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Sweet dreams Vlada

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Well murdered, what should I say when I find someone making false assumptions or misrepresenting someone else's post?
Believe me this is not the place to be arguing over who is right or who is wrong, get over it. The second I see this idiotic term used makes me want to believe that the person that typed it cannot even think of a good comeback and is trying to cover his A**.

Anyway BOTH of you are wrong.

You are wrong because you seem to believe that THIS team is going to add new content, well hate to break it to you but its not going to happen. New content will be added only after v1.0 and there is no guarantee that this team will continue on to Suncrusher or any other server for that matter, It will be added only by people that either host a server or submit to those hosts.

He is wrong because there WILL be new things added, it will come in options for the server admin's that wish to host a server.

So stop fighting already both of you before this thread is locked and take it elsewhere.

navaho
10-21-2011, 04:22 AM
macro serverdown

/stand;
/paceAroundRoom 5;
/pressEveryButtonOnTV Remote;
/pause 5;
/sit;
/laptopRefreshSwgemu.com;
/pause 5;
/macro serverdown

aricin
First of all, if you go back and look I havent asked for any new classes, I am merely pointing out that you are being insulting and disrespectful towards Kraziepriest.

But you are defending those that are, reread my post.

This is like a battle of wits with a corpse.

sumion
Well, thank you for confirming my original statement that any changes should only come after v1.0. Also, there is nothing wrong with using a term in its correct application, but yes it could be said that it is used too much.

Also, I see nothing wrong with defending such people. Thank you for your time, aricin.

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 04:23 AM
macro serverdown

/stand;
/paceAroundRoom 5;
/pressEveryButtonOnTV Remote;
/pause 5;
/sit;
/laptopRefreshSwgemu.com;
/pause 5;
/macro serverdown
Shouldn't /QQ be in there somewhere?

navaho
10-21-2011, 04:24 AM

Looking a those posts above mine I'd say we have more than enough QQing here.

JonahNewborg
10-21-2011, 04:25 AM
I believe its also missing a /fetalPosition in there.

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:27 AM
But why murphy?
If we are lucky the whole blasted server will get the much deserved wipe, and to be honest I think Liberator should be taken down till the new code is ready, which is not far off from what I see with the EOL goals.

Liberator will most likely not be up long enough for a true economy to level out in my opinion before they scrub it. Strap Dynamite to the Old Code HHD and blow it all to hell!

navaho
10-21-2011, 04:27 AM
I believe its also missing a /fetalPosition in there.

covered it. /pressEveryButtonOnTV Remote Personally I think they're pretty much the same thing. ;)

navaho
10-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Some of the same people complaining about no pvp on Lib. are QQing for them to nuke Lib and install the Nova code. That code has no combat yet. My math says no pvp if no combat......

retto
10-21-2011, 04:35 AM

i agree with this .. let them finish pre cu emu , THEN start asking for JTL and fixes to ranger and pikeman .. ;)

there are forums for future ideas however ..

someone who knows stuff should correct me if im wrong here , but wont the individual servers be able to change things as they see fit once the project goes live ?

i mean id LOVE to see DE be better ... love to see CH fixes that should have been patched in before shirtless males ..

for now lets just let them get the server back up so i can stop playing rollercoaster tycoon 2 .....

thanks to all the devs / staff !

love, retto

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Some of the same people complaining about no pvp on Lib. are QQing for them to nuke Lib and install the Nova code. That code has no combat yet. My math says no pvp if no combat......
Ha...I am not complaining about no PvP, in fact I hate PvP period. I say the whole thing should go up in smoke because its not worth recovering at all. You may not have been here long enough to get board of this so called play server, I was here on Old Nova, only came back about 3 or so months ago and hardly play. This poor thing should have been shot when the new code was started and left to rot.

sumion
10-21-2011, 04:37 AM
for now lets just let them get the server back up so i can stop playing rollercoaster tycoon 2 .....

great choice, that game is like crack (of course, I've never had experience with this so my statement is pure metaphor)

as for me, in my downtime ive been playing a peculiar game called europa universalis 3, probably one of the nerdiest games in existence, but fun

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:41 AM
i agree with this .. let them finish pre cu emu , THEN start asking for JTL and fixes to ranger and pikeman .. ;)

Few errors here, there will be no fixes. The liberator code is obsolete and will be thrown in the literal garbage when the new code that is being developed on the Test Center is up to par or close to liberators code. In a way you are right, it is a fix, but not a specific fix per se.

there are forums for future ideas however ..

someone who knows stuff should correct me if im wrong here , but wont the individual servers be able to change things as they see fit once the project goes live ?

i mean id LOVE to see DE be better ... love to see CH fixes that should have been patched in before shirtless males ..

thanks to all the devs / staff !

love, retto

Yes you are correct, the individual server admin's will be able to change what they see fit when v1.0 is released, and will have a ton of options for them to pick from as well as modular installation options.
(If I am correct and I think I am)

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 04:42 AM
But why murphy?
If we are lucky the whole blasted server will get the much deserved wipe, and to be honest I think Liberator should be taken down till the new code is ready, which is not far off from what I see with the EOL goals.

Liberator will most likely not be up long enough for a true economy to level out in my opinion before they scrub it. Strap Dynamite to the Old Code HHD and blow it all to hell!
I want the old code gone too, but a playable OR is still a long way off. Unfortunately, the Devs are trying to recover lost Liberator data so here we are, sweating it out waiting.

I don't care what I play at this point. I have been sitting around for 3 days with my thumb up my arse waiting for Liberator to get fixed. If TC Nova was up, I'd be testing the new Shipwright additions. Instead, out of complete boredom, I reinstalled my opperating system twice!

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 04:44 AM
We are all here for Pre-CU SWG.

WoW is thata way------>
I am here for pre-cu as well . That is a major disrespect. i have played SWG since launch. Brought up an idea is not wow . Ur an A$$ . There shouldnt be anything wrong with bring an idea that could add to this game.
So if they add stuff from NGe to the game you are going to quit. Mando is Star wars . Why shouldnt there be an option to the end gae pros .

navaho
10-21-2011, 04:45 AM
I don't care what I play at this point. I have been sitting around for 3 days with my thumb up my arse waiting for Liberator to get fixed. If TC Nova was up, I'd be testing the new Shipwright additions. Instead, out of complete boredom, I reinstalled my opperating system twice!

overachiever. :p

Murdered0
I want the old code gone too, but a playable OR is still a long way off. Unfortunately, the Devs are trying to recover lost Liberator data so here we are, sweating it out waiting.

I agree with you that its boring, however I have a outlet to mine, Project1999 EQ.

Lol, did you ever fix your problems with blue screens?

JonahNewborg
... Instead, out of complete boredom, I reinstalled my opperating system twice!

I feel so bad for you, I have been watching anything that looks remotely entertaining on Netflix.

retto
10-21-2011, 04:47 AM
I feel so bad for you, I have been watching anything that looks remotely entertaining on Netflix.

and hows that going ? the last couple months they havent added a whole lot that i care to watch .. i guess ill watch breaking bad over ...

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:48 AM
I am here for pre-cu as well . That is a major disrespect. i have played SWG since launch. Brought up an idea is not wow . Ur an A$$ . There shouldnt be anything wrong with bring an idea that could add to this game.
So if they add stuff from NGe to the game you are going to quit. Mando is Star wars . Why shouldnt there be an option to the end gae pros .

Dude did you not read my post?

TAKE YOUR PROBLEMS ELSEWHERE.

We really do not need 500 pages of b*tching back and forth, go to the Pit, or take it to PM's, do not make us watch your pitiful display of pre-teen tantrums.

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Lol, did you ever fix your problems with blue screens?
Nah I still bluescreen multiple times a day, I have grown to accept it. It only destroys my operating system once or twice a year.

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 04:49 AM
think what you lot are missing is we want pre-cu back...and obv so do the devs that are working for free to make this happen. i am sure there are plenty of other projects out there that might cater to those wanting an improvement on that, but all signs is this ain't it...the majority of us here want pre-cu back and that's it, any other tinkering to that will just lead down a path of "where do you stop" that led us to the crap that is swg now...so let's hope they get the pre-cu emu done to it's fullest and be happy with that...no? ffs

What killed the Swg was the cries for nerf not idea's . Idea;s is what makes this game so great .

JonahNewborg
10-21-2011, 04:50 AM
Nah I still bluescreen multiple times a day, I have grown to accept it. It only destroys my operating system once or twice a year.
Normally the bluescreen will tell you what errored. At least something to look into while the servers are getting fixed.

xyled777
10-21-2011, 04:51 AM
...I have been sitting around for 3 days with my thumb up my arse waiting for Liberator to get fixed...

I've been sitting around for over 6 years(?) in a similiar position, waiting for SWG to get fixed!

:)

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 04:51 AM

Its nothign more then future idea's no one believes it would happen before 1.0 yet nothing wrong with brought up idea that could add to game .

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Its nothign more then future idea's no one believes it would happen before 1.0 yet nothing wrong with brought up idea that could add to game .

No, there's nothing wrong with ideas, but, please, take them to the correct section of the forums, which is HERE (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

sumion
10-21-2011, 04:52 AM
I've been sitting around for over 6 years(?) in a similiar position, waiting for SWG to get fixed!

If only we could hire someone to infiltrate their way into SOE and steal the code! =/

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 04:54 AM
Dude did you not read my post?

TAKE YOUR PROBLEMS ELSEWHERE.

We really do not need 500 pages of b*tching back and forth, go to the Pit, or take it to PM's, do not make us watch your pitiful display of pre-teen tantrums.
I said what I felt like saying after being dissed simple . It fired me up saying thewhole wow thing other then that I would of been fine.

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 04:54 AM
It is what it is what it is what it is, and I see nothing happening this evening (or morning depending what zone you live in) I say we all just get along and get some shuteye and maybe, just maybe tomorrow will bring us all some good news.

Murdered0
10-21-2011, 04:55 AM
If only we could hire someone to infiltrate their way into SOE and steal the code! =/
Would not do much good, all they will have is the NGE code.

I do believe that they deleted the original Pre-CU code so no one would dare come and copy it and make their own server.

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 04:56 AM
No, there's nothing wrong with ideas, but, please, take them to the correct section of the forums, which is HERE (http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)

I was no aware of that forum. I was jsut about to go there till I was dissed which fired me up . I wouldnt replied if in the first place wasnt tried.

Havokk
10-21-2011, 04:56 AM
can someone please redirect me to the correct thread.. I thought this one was about the server downtime but I seem to be mistaken

sumion
10-21-2011, 04:57 AM
No you're right. It is this one.

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 04:57 AM
can someone please redirect me to the correct thread.. I thought this one was about the server downtime but I seem to be mistaken

this is the one, or at least it was till all the wipe comments started.

Ellyssia
10-21-2011, 04:58 AM
Back on topic, no new news about the data recovery yet, also no ETA on the return of the servers. :(

Havokk
10-21-2011, 04:59 AM
sorry i should have ended my post with
/sarcasm off

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 04:59 AM

it is . Sorry .

sumion
10-21-2011, 05:00 AM
sorry i should have ended my post with
/sarcasm off

mine should have as well >.<

Slayer45
Nighty Night all praying for server return tomorrow.

aricin
I was jsut about to go there till I was dissed which fired me up .

I think I have a new sig.

wjenet
10-21-2011, 05:01 AM
It would bring something new to the game we love .

I know it's only human nature to want to improve, but the goal of the project -- I believe -- is to develop rock-solid emulation of the SOE offering as of patch (whatever it is in the mission statement, 14.1 methinks.) If *one* non-canonical idea gets added, then where do ya draw the line? That's a very slippery slope to begin to tread.

I'm sure there will be offshoots and custom servers built on top of this project. Extensions and expansions and customization like this could very well have a home in one of them.

It's good to have an idea of what window treatments you want in the house, but the forms are still being built for the basement walls to be poured.

Jeroth
10-21-2011, 05:02 AM
I just find it difficult to swallow that even if the company did delete pre-cu code, that no Dev made a copy of the code.......There have been many, many, many instances where a Dev was disgruntled about something that was removed from a game that they thought was worth adding and releasing it later through the gaming community. I just don't think we'll see it while SWG is still live and said hypothetical Dev still has a job with SOE.

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 05:03 AM
I think I have a new sig.
There u go again . What is it are bored child what. if u would of just said hey nothing everythign would of been fine.

sumion
10-21-2011, 05:04 AM
I find it difficult to believe that SOE WOULD delete the code. Is this standard practice among gaming companies? Then again, this is SOE we're talking about...

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:05 AM
I'm so sick of catheter ads on tv.

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 05:05 AM
I know it's only human nature to want to improve, but the goal of the project -- I believe -- is to develop rock-solid emulation of the SOE offering as of patch (whatever it is in the mission statement, 14.1 methinks.) If *one* non-canonical idea gets added, then where do ya draw the line? That's a very slippery slope to begin to tread.

I'm sure there will be offshoots and custom servers built on top of this project. Extensions and expansions and customization like this could very well have a home in one of them.

It's good to have an idea of what window treatments you want in the house, but the forms are still being built for the basement walls to be poured.
See this guy shows respect and defends what he believes . Thank you . there isnt a flame.
You can learn something from him aricin

Jeroth
10-21-2011, 05:08 AM
I find it difficult to believe that SOE WOULD delete the code. Is this standard practice among gaming companies? Then again, this is SOE we're talking about...

To answer the question....unless LA made them, I don't think that SOE would delete the code....I just don't think Sony is that closed-minded. But I could be wrong. Something about their claim that "We don't have the code anymore" doesn't add up.

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 05:10 AM

Actually, it sounds more like ol'Georgy... but I'm not forgiving SOE either.

JonahNewborg

Jim: Hey frank, guess what I just did?
Frank: what?
Jim: I needed clear up some storage space for another eq game, so I deleted all the old swg code.
Frank: BRILLIANT!!!!

aricin
There u go again . What is it are bored child what. if u would of just said hey nothing everythign would of been fine.

Sorry this will be the new sig.

retto
10-21-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm so sick of catheter ads on tv.

please vacate my cranium as soon as possible .. thank you ..

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:14 AM
please vacate my cranium as soon as possible .. thank you ..

Certainly. But, if you don't want me to tell people about that thing you were thinking just now it'll cost you.

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:19 AM
This week's weekly update post should be simple.

theAnswer
cRush
Kyle
Oru
Polonel
Moncai

* fixed Liberator

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Sorry this will be the new sig.
So you know how to say sorry so why dont you say it for what you had said. Cleary you were in the wrong.

retto
10-21-2011, 05:21 AM
Certainly. But, if you don't want me to tell people about that thing you were thinking just now it'll cost you.

well if they wipe the server youll have to wait a bit till i have some credits !

retto
10-21-2011, 05:22 AM
So you know how to say sorry so why dont you say it for what you had said. Cleary you were in the wrong.

the kids in wow dont admit theyre wrong either .....

seriously though .. no one cares about this .. so please , settle down .. thanks .. your pal , retto

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:23 AM
well if they wipe the server youll have to wait a bit till i have some credits !

No worries. I'm inexpensive. Some pocket lint, a length of twine, a legendary P.H. ... I'm not fussy at all.

retto
10-21-2011, 05:23 AM
This week's weekly update post should be simple.

theAnswer
cRush
Kyle
Oru
Polonel
Moncai

* fixed Liberator

just wipe it at this point ... these guys need to play !! ;)

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:25 AM

Everybody that I know that still plays WoW is over 30. No kids play WoW anymore.

Yes, I know. splitting hairs, but there is a Conan ad on and I need a distraction.

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:25 AM
just wipe it at this point ... these guys need to play !! ;)

I know, huh? geesh!

JonahNewborg
10-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Well Ladies and Gentlemen,
I need sleep, and I can only pray to 6lb 8oz baby jesus that I awake to servers being up.
Keep up the amazing work Devs.
GL to everyone who is going to be up for the duration.

-Jonah

sumion
10-21-2011, 05:29 AM
I don't want to sleep, but I it seems as if I'm being inevitably pulled towards it. 30 minutes ago I was at my desk, 10 minutes ago I was on the sofa in front of the T.V., now I am in my bed with the laptop on my lap.

retto
10-21-2011, 05:43 AM
dont force me to make a new star wars themed amusement park ...........

please ..

kraziepriest
10-21-2011, 05:43 AM

seriously though .. no one cares about this .. so please , settle down .. thanks .. your pal , retto

I get no one cares and thats fine. Plus I had said sorry earlier. For me it has been dropped sinc ethe devs said there was a forum. yet every other time I turn around i am being attacked by aricin .

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:45 AM
dont force me to make a new star wars themed amusement park ...........

please ..

That game as addictive as the original Sim City?

retto
10-21-2011, 05:45 AM
I get no one cares and thats fine. Plus I had said sorry earlier. For me it has been dropped sinc ethe devs said there was a forum. yet every other time I turn around i am being attacked by aricin .

dont let it bug you .. a. its the internet , b. some of these folks went into SWGEMU withdrawls several hours ago ..

hang in there !

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 05:46 AM
/givebagofcement

retto
10-21-2011, 05:47 AM
That game as addictive as the original Sim City?

more so for me .. theres tons of theming and downloadable stuff for RCT2 .. you can make an amazing park without ever placing a ride if you want ...

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:50 AM
more so for me .. theres tons of theming and downloadable stuff for RCT2 .. you can make an amazing park without ever placing a ride if you want ...

I'll have to look at it.

What's your take on Activia ads?

retto
10-21-2011, 05:53 AM
I'll have to look at it.

What's your take on Activia ads?

i like the song ... ac tivi aaaaaaaa

im not positive but you may be able to DL rct2 for cheap ... i got the disks on e bay for like 4$ each ... of course i had to have all 3 of the expansions too ..

check out amazing earl if you do get it .. he has some really nice downloadable stuff ...

just what is activia anyhow ? is that the yogurt that helps you to poop ?

navaho
10-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Ya. Jaime says we need 3 servings of it a day. I remain unconvinced.

If I check out amazing earl I'll never be seen again. I lost a year somewhere in my 30's to Sim City.

retto
10-21-2011, 06:03 AM
Ya. Jaime says we need 3 servings of it a day. I remain unconvinced.

If I check out amazing earl I'll never be seen again. I lost a year somewhere in my 30's to Sim City.

im not a fan of the pixie / boy haircut on jaime lee now a days ....

ive wasted a ton of time on RCT / the sims / sim city / civ ... then i found d2 and soon after that i found swg ... good thing my wife is a gamer too ..

but RCT is a great game ... its the one game i always go back to ... its also nice to have something i can play when the internet is down ...

navaho
10-21-2011, 06:10 AM
I think it's time to abandon this for the night. Hopefully when we get out of work tomorrow Liberator will be up on some form or another. Gnight.

retto
10-21-2011, 06:21 AM
/wave !

just saw the activia commercial .... im not convinced either ...

Masonb
10-21-2011, 06:29 AM
man what am I supposed to play now!?!?

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 06:54 AM
The banjo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8

Jaddynnstarr
10-21-2011, 07:06 AM
hahahahah NOW SQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEELLLL Like a Pig!!

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 07:20 AM
i dont see why we dont just whipe. everyone will be on the same level and we can take the chance to apply some new updates. dosent have to be everything, but a couple of patches would be nice

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 07:22 AM
i dont see why we dont just whipe. everyone will be on the same level and we can take the chance to apply some new updates. dosent have to be everything, but a couple of patches would be nice
Can't be patched, but I agree with the wipe.

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 07:23 AM
oh and can we get a range on how much this will ding the project cash wise? im willing to donate if needed

Reverb
10-21-2011, 07:33 AM
You guys really should look into another company hosting this for you guys who knows you may save money. Try Softlayer atleast there tech's have half a brain when it comes to managing a server. :P

bazweller
10-21-2011, 07:44 AM
You guys really should look into another company hosting this for you guys who knows you may save money. Try Softlayer atleast there tech's have half a brain when it comes to managing a server. :P

It does seem bizarre that a professional host doesn't have everything required to fix any problem that may occur, no matter how slim a chance it is of happening. Maybe some recompense is deserved and a company swap is warranted.

retto
10-21-2011, 07:51 AM
i dont know anything about hosting , or hosts , however if my ISP was down for 3 days ? id be on the phone yelling at someone right now ...

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Light THE TORCHES and dust off your pitchforks
we'll probably hear something by later today

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 07:58 AM
its erry....no vlada (looks around)

Kenjinbaka
10-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Are we reading the same forums? Count the number of "thank you for the hard work" posts and "I want a wipe posts" to "whining" posts. I hardly see any complaining and whining. I think you should take your own advice and worry more about your "life" instead of complaining about people complaining.

I think if someone feels the need to take care of the whining on the forums, then it would be an administrator.

No response needed, thanks.

I Think he read ONE post then he was like "oh I'm gonna be mature and go lolzomgwtfbbqragefacebbqparty on them" And basicly he just skipped the other 30 pages of "Thank you" and "whipe plz" posts.

(miss read sorry)

Odelay
10-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes that is because you pay money to your ISP for a service.
SWGEmu is built up on donations and people donating their time and knowledge.

I believe he is referring to the data center in Denver that seems to have dropped the ball in this situation, not the swgemu staff.

retto
10-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Yes that is because you pay money to your ISP for a service.
SWGEmu is built up on donations and people donating their time and knowledge.

doesnt the swgemu staff PAY the host ?

retto
10-21-2011, 08:17 AM
I believe he is referring to the data center in Denver that seems to have dropped the ball in this situation, not the swgemu staff.

exactly ... this isnt the first time its happened .. and honestly im not upset at all .. i just want to know what can be done to avoid this in the future :)

bazweller
10-21-2011, 08:18 AM
It must do, hence the need for donations??

Kenjinbaka
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Yea lol, sorry I miss read it.

mikki369
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Definately picked the wrong week to take off work :(

Brakisss
10-21-2011, 08:28 AM

Now THAT sucks mate!

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Same boat here. Thats why I am bordering on /rage

Odelay
10-21-2011, 08:32 AM
that would make me very unhappy.

mikki369
10-21-2011, 08:34 AM
yeah but what can ya do? i'm not gonna let it get me down just have to wait n see if maybe we get to play today, will be cool if we do but i'm not holding out much hope.

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
ive been resisting the intense erge to post "ITS UP"

Brakisss
10-21-2011, 08:38 AM
ive been resisting the intense erge to post "ITS UP"

The first one to post a false ITS UP should be ban hammered out of this atmosphere! The rage explosions everyvery could further damage the serverhardware!!
;)

HaydenAshar
10-21-2011, 08:44 AM
The first one to post a false ITS UP should be ban hammered out of this atmosphere! The rage explosions everyvery could further damage the serverhardware!!
;)
tiz why im avoiding it lmao :P

mikki369
10-21-2011, 08:52 AM
lol i can imagine the next 40 posts afterward :P

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm prolly doing sumthing dumb but why can I not get past page 21 of this thread? I see 22 & 23... Ok are ya'll talking about me???

Welp... if I post I can see page 23 but upon refresh I loose access to page 22 & 23. Wierd.

jonathonblade
10-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Government redaction.

bazweller
10-21-2011, 09:22 AM
If we respond you will never know.

StJohn
10-21-2011, 09:22 AM
You're doing it wrong. If all else fails try this or alter the page nr of the url to whatever page you want to visit;

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27098&page=45

Sillysith
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
You're doing it wrong. If all else fails try this or alter the page nr of the url to whatever page you want to visit;

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27098&page=45

Tried that StJohn. It just takes me back to page 21. Only way I can reach this page is thru my account latest posts link.

Ok switched to 30 posts per page and it seemed to like that.

bazweller
10-21-2011, 09:55 AM
try going into settings and changing how many posts each page shows. I show 40 and am only on page 17.
Hope this helps

LOL, you already did :P

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 10:27 AM
We are trying to recover the Liberator player data and we expect this process to take awhile....no ETA sorry.

BTW, devs are giving it one last shot. If this doesn't work its bye, bye Liberator.
So at what point do the Devs give up and say bye bye to the old Liberator data?

It's been 12 hours since "one last shot", how long does it take to give it one last shot? I'm not complaining (this time), I seek to understand the process. With everything and everyone spread out over multiple timezones, is it realistic that the server could come back online anytime, or is business hours USA time our next window?

argonyxon
10-21-2011, 11:07 AM
guys U rly want get wiped the only server we can play on?? they wipe it ... we grind and make money and start having fun... they wipe it.. we grind...... etc
so DONT WIPE IT!!!!
(plz)

Revanis
10-21-2011, 11:08 AM
It's been 12 hours since "one last shot", how long does it take to give it one last shot? I'm not complaining (this time), I seek to understand the process. With everything and everyone spread out over multiple timezones, is it realistic that the server could come back online anytime, or is business hours USA time our next window?

There is a small window of opportunity to work with between the time-zones of Spain and the continental United States. The reason no ETA is posted is because we do not know the full extent of time that needs to be taken. Please just be patient.

argonyxon
10-21-2011, 11:09 AM
ooo just read vladas post.... i hope they can recover

soldierboy
10-21-2011, 11:24 AM
There is a small window of opportunity to work with between the time-zones of Spain and the continental United States. The reason no ETA is posted is because we do not know the full extent of time that needs to be taken. Please just be patient. Current time in Denver 5:28am Current time in Madrid 1:28pm
What time do the Denver offices open and what time do the offices close in Spain?

swedefrog
10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Just read "story of Rodd" good god it darn well makes you want to play.....

But ill wait until hell freezes if i have to

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 11:53 AM
There is a small window of opportunity to work with between the time-zones of Spain and the continental United States. The reason no ETA is posted is because we do not know the full extent of time that needs to be taken. Please just be patient.
Thankyou Revnais for the info. I now understand the timing issues involved.

So if progress will come, it will come sometime in the afternoon as per GMT/Euro time?

Vlada
10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
So if progress will come, it will come sometime in the afternoon as per GMT/Euro time?

Well, I'm waiting on any kind of info right now. As soon as i know more ill post it here.

bazweller
10-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Well, I'm waiting on any kind of info right now. As soon as i know more ill post it here.

/Kowtow

Appreciated Vlada

Vlada
10-21-2011, 12:15 PM
OK, this is what i have atm...

[14:13] <%Vlada> You can recover Lib?
[14:13] <@oru> yeah we are working on it
[14:13] <@oru> there is only a slight chance though
[14:13] <%Vlada> OK, how long?
[14:13] <%Vlada> tonight, tomorrow, 2 days
[14:14] <@oru> no idea
[14:19] <@oru> it takes so long because we want to make sure we will have more attempts to fix it

Apparently not much. But its better than nothing.

Domo321
10-21-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd rarther have a small chance of not having a wipe and waiting it out rarther than starting from scratch. Thanks for the updates.

refreund
10-21-2011, 12:24 PM
I'd rarther have a small chance of not having a wipe and waiting it out rarther than starting from scratch. Thanks for the updates.

I wouldn't. But I don't have a choice, hehe.

kxrider235
10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Okay folks after reading alot of posts I have a few thoughts. None of this is aimed at any of the SWGEmu Dev's or anyone else.

1. People seem to be more concerned with losing their toon than WHY the HDD crashed in the first place.
Being a computer junkie with network knowledge I have never heard of multiple drives in a RAID array going bad @ the same time. I have spoken with people who have MANY years in the server/network enviroment and they have never heard of such a thing either. They have stated that IF 1 drive shows signs of starting to fail you should replace all the drives just to be safe. They also stated that every server they have ever worked on runs some form of HDD monitoring software and servers running this software have never had an actual crash. SO..... Your toons should be the lease of your worries. If the Dev's can save them then fine, If not O-Well.
2. This should be bringing up some serious concerns about our current provider.
Not only HOW did we manage to lose both HDD's BUT how were there no issues detected by our host??

And finally.. After spending 30 min or so doing search after search concerning multiple HDD failures at the same time the only logical answer seems to be a physical issue. More specifically a power issue. The most common (as we all should know) either a surge, brown out or a faulty power supply would all result in possible multiple failures. Multiple failures in a defect free functioning system are nearly unheard of.

Just my thoughts. I know many of these topics have been discussed in this thread but I hope the SWGEmu team takes a serious look at how this could have possibly happened.

Thank you to all the Dev's and support teams. I know you are doing your best. Thank you for all your hard work. Especially the messangers, yours is probably the hardest job dealing with us in here.

pre-cu ftw
10-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Okay folks after reading alot of posts I have a few thoughts. None of this is aimed at any of the SWGEmu Dev's or anyone else.

1. People seem to be more concerned with losing their toon than WHY the HDD crashed in the first place.
Being a computer junkie with network knowledge I have never heard of multiple drives in a RAID array going bad @ the same time. I have spoken with people who have MANY years in the server/network enviroment and they have never heard of such a thing either. They have stated that IF 1 drive shows signs of starting to fail you should replace all the drives just to be safe. They also stated that every server they have ever worked on runs some form of HDD monitoring software and servers running this software have never had an actual crash. SO..... Your toons should be the lease of your worries. If the Dev's can save them then fine, If not O-Well.
Not only HOW did we manage to lose both HDD's BUT how were there no issues detected by our host??

And finally.. After spending 30 min or so doing search after search concerning multiple HDD failures at the same time the only logical answer seems to be a physical issue. More specifically a power issue. The most common (as we all should know) either a surge, brown out or a faulty power supply would all result in possible multiple failures. Multiple failures in a defect free functioning system are nearly unheard of.

Just my thoughts. I know many of these topics have been discussed in this thread but I hope the SWGEmu team takes a serious look at how this could have possibly happened.

Thank you to all the Dev's and support teams. I know you are doing your best. Thank you for all your hard work. Especially the messangers, yours is probably the hardest job dealing with us in here.

Good post.

refreund
10-21-2011, 01:03 PM

most of us don't know much about networking and server ops, so we naturally gravitate towards what we do know... our characters hehe. glad there are ppl that do know more to really try and solve the root cause.

Dasme
10-21-2011, 01:07 PM

i agree with this.. we should be prioritizing figuring out WHY and HOW this happened and have character restoration as our second priority, not the other way around.

refreund
10-21-2011, 01:10 PM
i agree with this.. we should be prioritizing figuring out WHY and HOW this happened and have character restoration as our second priority, not the other way around.

we should be? or the devs should be? the devs definitely ARE thinking about this. we can offer suggestions, but not much else.

argonyxon
10-21-2011, 01:12 PM
cmon oru!! A magyarok szamitanak rád!! Tudjuk h menni fog! :-D

reconroth88
10-21-2011, 01:22 PM
[14:19] <@oru> it takes so long because we want to make sure we will have more attempts to fix it

I wonder what Oru means by "slight" chance? haha
Looks like its back to char creation. **** happens I'll play regardless what emu staff do with server.

Good luck, Hope server is up for the weekend!

StJohn
10-21-2011, 01:23 PM
I have never heard of multiple drives in a RAID array going bad @ the same time.

I have. Apart from the reasons you mentioned some drives will fail due to components failure. Not much to do about that when the drive/drives are faulty from the factory.

pseudonim
10-21-2011, 01:25 PM

There might be another explanation: The information we get here is not 100% correct, similar to the old game of Chinese Whispers (telephone, grapevine, or whatever you called it). I'd be much more inclined to believe that something has been lost in the information than what you propose.

In the end, we pretty much all need to chill out, and wait for the fix and full explanation.

Ajuma
10-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I know it kills some people the game is down lol the fear of actually getting away from the computer and attempting a social life is just horrible

jameski
10-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I think, Stop wasting time trying to save char info and just let us all start over again?

pseudonim
10-21-2011, 01:36 PM
This was actually a great week for it to be down for me. I had a ton of work to do until Friday.

Domo321
10-21-2011, 01:37 PM

I wonder what Oru means by "slight" chance? haha
Looks like its back to char creation. **** happens I'll play regardless what emu staff do with server.

Good luck, Hope server is up for the weekend!

We all have access to that thread, dont think there is any need with all the "oh no libs down" threads. Yes we all know we all cant log on either but I am sure everyone is doing all they can when they can to stop this stand still.

Ajuma
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I think, Stop wasting time to trying save char info and just let us all start over again?

um negative ghost rider

EvilGrass
10-21-2011, 01:51 PM

Just a possible explaination to your 1 :) I work as an systems engineer for multiple customers and well I saw it happen multiple times that the RAID controller gives a powerpeak that all the discs on the RAID are broken. I hope the guys in the datacenter are aware of this and check the RAID controler, else the problem will be back in no time. (DELL-servers have this problem alot :'( )
Also lack of monitoring could be the problem and sadly I see most of the hosting companies overhere (Belgium) ask a fee for monitoring your hardware. In other words monitoring is an option not something that is done from start. You have to imagin that a big datacenter has over 1000s of disks and the chance that somebody goes into the server room to check the lights of all the discs is very small.

Possible solution but is very costly is to run 2 servers in cluster, if one has hardware failure the other takes it over. Same counts for the sql databases.

I totally agree on point 2

And I really appreciate the hard work everybody is doing on getting back online :)

pre-cu ftw
10-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I think, Stop wasting time trying to save char info and just let us all start over again?

I think.. I agree with you.

ledvan
10-21-2011, 02:01 PM
I would rather they fix Lib up and get it back online as fast as possible.

The Liberator server is a vital cog in the overall picture that is the SWGEMU Brand. The experience the SWGEMU team are gaining from running Liberator is very worthwhile, in regards to maintaining the server on a daily basis, implementing Event structures, fixing issues like this one, better understanding on how to come back from Crashes etc etc.

The experienced gained here will be vital when we launch 1.0, the team will have a better understanding on how to react and save data etc when were live with 1.0, which is vital for the continuity of the Brand as a whole package.

pre-cu ftw
10-21-2011, 02:11 PM

The Liberator server is a vital cog in the overall picture that is the SWGEMU Brand. The experience the SWGEMU team are gaining from running Liberator is very worthwhile, in regards to maintaining the server on a daily basis, implementing Event structures, fixing issues like this one, better understanding on how to come back from Crashes etc etc.

The experienced gained here will be vital when we launch 1.0, the team will have a better understanding on how to react and save data etc when were live with 1.0, which is vital for the continuity of the Brand as a whole package.

Are you sure its not just because you got jedi not too long ago?

If a majority of people want a wipe to begin with, than your point is invalid anyways
Either way, there is little hope for data to be recovered.

mikki369
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM

some few years ago i used to own a computer hardware retail outlet, there was an occasion where i bought from the manufacturer (maxtor) a box of 120gb hdd's 20 in total. i sold them to various customers for various applications such as the main drive in their systems or backups to the main drive it could have been that they were used in raid arrays also but i don't know, My point is that without exception every single one of those drives failed with the same defect after a very short period of running. The fault was a mechanical problem inside the drive that was not detected by any monitoring software and failure was instant rather than degradation over time. All of these drives were replaced by Maxtor who told me that they had a problem with one batch of this size drives so i can quite easily believe that there could have been a similar incident with the 2 drives in our server. It's not beyond the realms of possibility is all i'm saying.

Merkor
10-21-2011, 02:17 PM

thats wrong, liberator uses a old dead code. Its Incompatible in any way to OR Code. Also Adding Structures is not possible and they doenst gain anything from fixing liberator because they use for lib an old dead code. Its Just a FUN Server, nothing more. And BTW. Liberator does not have even Live Support. Its Just a FUN Server, also dont expect a high Priority for Liberator.

They Should Wipe it, so we have more testers on Nova, last time (during deco event) on nova was not even two hands full testers online on Prime Time. The Projekt Plan is to have a 1.0 Playable Version of SWG, not an OLD Coded FUN Server. More tester, faster fixing, faster Developing.

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I have. Apart from the reasons you mentioned some drives will fail due to components failure. Not much to do about that when the drive/drives are faulty from the factory.

Faulty from the factory??? We've been playing on those drives for over 6 months..

obsidia
10-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I just wonder about the procedure in place for backing up the system and data... it appears to be significantly vulnerable to catastrophic failure. Was there off site backup, or was the RAID array the sole backup? But this may just be a low cost approach for Liberator, rather than how things will be hosted and backed up when v1.0 goes active.

Then again, could just be the withdrawal talking. :)

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I just wonder about the procedure in place for backing up the system and data... it appears to be significantly vulnerable to catastrophic failure. Was there off site backup, or was the RAID array the sole backup? But this may just be a low cost approach for Liberator, rather than how things will be hosted and backed up when v1.0 goes active.

Then again, could just be the withdrawal talking. :)

This is exactly the question I asked like on page 2 that went unanswered.

obsidia
10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Page 2 was soooo long ago... like twentyfive thousand refreshes to see if it is up yet!

StJohn
10-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Faulty from the factory??? We've been playing on those drives for over 6 months..

Not how I meant by faulty from the factory. Some issues surfaces after a period of time or by very special circumstances.

MogDug
10-21-2011, 02:42 PM
wow, 47 pages... took me two days to get through them all.

I'm for supporting the devs and the the emu project. If there's a wipe, I'm for it. My desire for a wipe is inversely porportional to how many credits is in my bank account (I saw on the webpage that 40,000 credits was the average, so that's what I got in my bank) Probbaly holds true for most people. Also, my char Saule Good is only like 5 months old, so it's not like I risk losing years of history with a server wipe (it's not really a wipe if the info is lost, unexpectedly)

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
gmorning all....hope all is going well....the edge of withdrawls is duller today I see. Thats good :)

korimor
10-21-2011, 02:47 PM
They will never wipe it if they even have a slight chance of recovering it, until all of the info is completely ruined they will not give up.

I agree that i don't mind for a wipe, but do not put up the exact same server again. Give us a new jedi path or Nova's or give us blue frogs or something.

korimor
10-21-2011, 02:49 PM

You sound so ignorant in this post I can't even laugh. THEY HAVE THE CODE FOR THE SERVER and everything secure, the only thing messed up rite now is the character database. Liberator is in no way vital to the project (except for donations). When it comes to suncrusher they should/would never experience this cause they will have multiple servers being ran and multiple hard drives and backups, they don't care about liberator except for donations.

Please think about what you are typing before posting again.

PS: DBL POST SRY

robpickles
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM

It seems rather simple to me, but why didn't they just have a drive with the data backed up/copied/cloned sitting off to the side somewhere?

Delnor
10-21-2011, 02:51 PM
gmorning all....hope all is going well....the edge of withdrawls is duller today I see. Thats good :)

Thats just because people are still at work and not logged on yet. We are all still going through the same withdrawls I am sure! Lol

refreund
10-21-2011, 02:53 PM

i have today off from work... im withdrawling my balls off!

ddvannoy
10-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Update 2:

[/B]

BTW, devs are giving it one last shot. If this doesn't work its bye, bye Liberator.

Did they change their minds and plan on giving it more than one last shot?

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 02:55 PM

I agree a 110%. Theres nothing more valuable then field testing your book learning. Frankly if they can recover any and all lost data....great. For all i care they can wipe it right after. As long as the experience prevents a problem like this in the future.

ledvan
10-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I agree a 110%. Theres nothing more valuable then field testing your book learning.

Thats the only point i was trying to male, i know i put it across like a businessman but that was for Lols.

Doesnt make what code they are using, doesnt matter if its different hardware etc etc, this isnt a huge company like SOE, **** like this is going to happen, its how they react and fix it that is better for the Emu in the long run, IMO.

Good thing is, for them to learn from what happened here and make sure it doesnt happen again in 1.0.

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Thats the only point i was trying to male, i know i put it across like a businessman but that was for Lols.

Doesnt make what code they are using, doesnt matter if its different hardware etc etc, this isnt a huge company like SOE, **** like this is going to happen, its how they react and fix it that is better for the Emu in the long run, IMO.

Good thing is, for them to learn from what happened here and make sure it doesnt happen again in 1.0.

I know what you meant...

Fallenswordsman
10-21-2011, 03:06 PM
/agree with kxrider235

I have limited IT experience, mainly from tinkering since HS, but this is a well done post!

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
i have today off from work... im withdrawling my balls off!

LMAO .... that funny Hammered the way you put it anywayz....hopefully my guess of 4PM PST friday will be correct. We'll see.

Brakisss
10-21-2011, 03:12 PM
damnit :( its friday and for once i dont have any plans and now ... :(((

I wish they would just give up with recovering the old data so i can enjoy a lazy friday at home but on the other hand it shows great determination on their side to give the players back what they worked hard to get. It kinda shows that they care :)

btw, thx for the updates Vlada!

Vlada
10-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Did they change their minds and plan on giving it more than one last shot?

This is them giving it "one last" shot.

refreund
10-21-2011, 03:17 PM
This is them giving it "one last" shot.

let's hope they either fail or succeed quickly hehe

zoool
10-21-2011, 03:21 PM

Faulty from factory is a little far fetched ,as where ELF (early life failure)due to poor components/manufacturing process is a viable reason for 2 HDD's dropping at the same time.

I really would have thought there would have been an minimal of a monthly backup done as course. so if such a scenario happened the worst case would be a 30 day roll back.

Kitigruqe
10-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I don't play on Liberator, but I am glad that it is around to help maintain a lot of interest in the project. So, I think it is unfortunate that it will likely be wiped as a result of the data loss (although many Lib players seem to be almost anxious for it).

One thing that strikes me is that this shows the need for some periodic off-site backups, particularly after Suncrusher hits. SWGEmu is free so it would be crass to complain, but particularly after 1.0 hits people will expect a certain degree of stability. So, I agree with @ledvan -- think of this as a "live and learn" moment, and we'll all move forward!

wjenet
10-21-2011, 03:27 PM
It does seem bizarre that a professional host doesn't have everything required to fix any problem that may occur, no matter how slim a chance it is of happening.

If you're paying for a "rack space and bandwidth" package, then no, not strange at all. In that situation, the hosting company will not touch your equipment. Literally nor figuratively. They'll monitor your bandwidth usage, and make sure the environmentals were up to SLA, and that's it. When your gear breaks, you own all the smoking parts, including the repair efforts/financials. Pretty standard stuff.

I'm not flaming bazweller. This is a recurring theme I keep seeing in this thread, and I don't think people understand the economics.

If this were a critical application, then you spend more money and have surgeons standing by and body parts in the freezer.

Despite the apparent expectations of some users of this free service called SWGEmu, this project -- and I say this with love -- really doesn't warrant the added expense to have a full double inventory of all parts and a staff of professionals on call 24/7 for hardware failures.

I give them credit for keeping perspective, not spending the donations foolishly, and yet interrupting their own personal lives -- without compensation -- when the call comes in.

What more could we possibly ask for?

PareLard
10-21-2011, 03:34 PM
If you're paying for a "rack space and bandwidth" package, then no, not strange at all. In that situation, the hosting company will not touch your equipment. Literally nor figuratively. They'll monitor your bandwidth usage, and make sure the environmentals were up to SLA, and that's it. When your gear breaks, you own all the smoking parts, including the repair efforts/financials. Pretty standard stuff.

I'm not flaming bazweller. This is a recurring theme I keep seeing in this thread, and I don't think people understand the economics.

If this were a critical application, then you spend more money and have surgeons standing by and body parts in the freezer.

Despite the apparent expectations of some users of this free service called SWGEmu, this project -- and I say this with love -- really doesn't warrant the added expense to have a full double inventory of all parts and a staff of professionals on call 24/7 for hardware failures.

I give them credit for keeping perspective, not spending the donations foolishly, and yet interrupting their own personal lives -- without compensation -- when the call comes in.

Very well said, Sir.

StJohn
10-21-2011, 03:39 PM
If you're paying for a "rack space and bandwidth" package, then no, not strange at all...

Hear hear!

Fallenswordsman
10-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Well said /agree

obsidia
10-21-2011, 03:42 PM

Well said. It is "on" at this point mainly for fun and to keep interest keen, which are great community features. Having Pre-CU SWG available at all is a wonderful thing! I am clearly not alone in my deeply felt appreciation for the hard work and sacrifice that has gotten this so far.

Catastrophic failures offer opportunities. Good object lesson in the importance of a more robust approach when the more permanent versions arrive. The folks working on this are obviously quite knowledgeable, and this is something they have no doubt considered in greater depth than most of us would comprehend. The current setup is likely a compromise to allow us to have some fun, and not break the bank doing it.

So, if they are able to retrieve and restore the data, wow! Great work! And if not, a fresh start is fun, too.

bazweller
10-21-2011, 04:15 PM

I agree, however a couple more points. Donations far exceed monthly targets and we also do not know what service they are paying for.

swedefrog
10-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Once more unto the breach dear friends

Never in the field of Galaxies has so much been tried by so few ...Good luck fingers crossed and time will tell thankyou for all the effort going on.....

reforse
10-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I agree, however a couple more points. Donations far exceed monthly targets and we also do not know what service they are paying for.

I thought donations were voluntary with no strings attached, I imagine they save them to buy new HDD's or for when times are lean, tbh, I don't care if they use them to kick back with a few beers whilst watching Episode IV in a custom built home cinema if it keeps them donating their free time to the project.

attwood201
10-21-2011, 04:29 PM
well hope they dont push them selves to much, until they can figure out whats up for the lib servers

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 04:33 PM
at this point, recovery of characters sounds like a waste of time and whoever was suppose to watch the physical servers screwd up badly

Shaolin88
10-21-2011, 04:35 PM
has anyone noticed the new loading screen after opening the launcher and before getting to the ingame login screen? the SOE logo has "Fixed what someone else broke" or something similar under it. hahah anyway it cracked me up, Fixed what someone else broke just to have it break on us xD

sorb
10-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I am begining to think that today is a bust too. Well maybe tomarrow.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 05:04 PM
I thought donations were voluntary with no strings attached, I imagine they save them to buy new HDD's or for when times are lean, tbh, I don't care if they use them to kick back with a few beers whilst watching Episode IV in a custom built home cinema if it keeps them donating their free time to the project.

could not agree more.

pseudonim
10-21-2011, 05:15 PM
I thought donations were voluntary with no strings attached, I imagine they save them to buy new HDD's or for when times are lean, tbh, I don't care if they use them to kick back with a few beers whilst watching Episode IV in a custom built home cinema if it keeps them donating their free time to the project.Hell, I kind of expected that when I donated.

sorb
10-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey it says the server is still down. Just wanted to let you know lol

swedefrog
10-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Hey it says the server is still down. Just wanted to let you know lol

I think we all know but thank you

Jaddynnstarr
10-21-2011, 05:30 PM
hey devs, take some of that extra money you get from us each month and invest in some hardware monitoring software for the servers will ya? Seriously... with all the hardware failures, the "data center" wink wink, nod nod, apparently has none ( even though 100% of all commercial data centers have this software...)

Scottishknight19
Seriously? Ive been on for the last 2 hours.

atldarkphoenix
50 pages and 3 days later we're still stuck in the mud. having vlada update withdrawal lol

sorb
10-21-2011, 05:35 PM
50 pages and 3 days later we're still stuck in the mud. having vlada update withdrawal lol
It is 3 am in Europe right now and that seems to be where the devs are working on the problem we prob wont hear anything untill latter tonight in the US.

ayleaa
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
emm its 1841 in the uk and mainland europe is between 1-3 hrs ahead of us if i am not mistaken?

StJohn
10-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I launched the client just to hear the login music and hovered over the buttons for the sound effect. Now, I'm watching episode IV.

Nikaty
10-21-2011, 05:45 PM
maybe in Australia it's 3am not in uk. Am loving reading what you guys are saying. I read mostly and not post, what I would say has been said a thousand times already. Yes, withdrawls here as well. They got so bad a bit ago I went into my livingroom and pushed my big display cabinet to the other side of the room, not an easy thing to do for a Grandmother of 62. If this continues much longer I will be well fit.