PDA

View Full Version : Server downtime 10/18/11

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Odelay
10-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Not that anything said here means anything, but if I had to choose, I wouldnt say wipe just for the sake of wiping. Not everyone has been here since January, some of us are just getting a little established to get the full appreciation of the game we have missed for so long. Glad to start over for Sun Crusher, but not for the sake of starting over (again, not that mine or anyone elses preferences will weigh on what actually happens). That being said, I am looking forward to Sun Crusher to be on a fresh server and have it feel just like it did when I logged in for the first time at launch.

Vlada
10-20-2011, 07:28 AM
I dont think they were planing on any wipes, but what I meant was lib will be removed for when sun crusher comes because it is old code and there to keep people interested lol

please correct me if I am wrong tho:P

Actually Liberator should be wiped long before 1.0 is complete and SC launched. Once we reach End of Liberator Milestone (https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swgemu/wiki/End_of_Liberator_Milestone), it will be wiped and the old code replaced with the new OR code. Liberator or whatever the name is will become a play/test server but it will still be subject to wipes if and when further development demands it.

Anyway, I just checked... still no news, still no ETA.

Ill try keep you posted.

Gohan212
10-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Actually Liberator should be wiped long before 1.0 is complete and SC launched. Once we reach End of Liberator Milestone (https://www.assembla.com/spaces/swgemu/wiki/End_of_Liberator_Milestone), it will be wiped and the old code replaced with the new OR code. Liberator or whatever the name is will become a play/test server but it will still be subject to wipes if and when further development demands it.

Ill try keep you posted.

OKie dokie there ya have it everyone hahah
WB vlada hope you had a nice sleep:P its bout that time for meh.

darkshad0wxx
10-20-2011, 07:33 AM
wooo welcome back Vlada hope you slept well

attwood201
10-20-2011, 07:45 AM
why is irc chat blocked from chatting?

Superjebus
10-20-2011, 07:50 AM
why is irc chat blocked from chatting?
OK so it's not just me.

Sway Vogel
10-20-2011, 07:52 AM
unless the spoon can absorb lightning lol

LOL Fair enough... :P

attwood201
10-20-2011, 07:53 AM
OK so it's not just me.

nope its not.. i was kinda wondering if it was just me as well lol like i got banned from it or something

Techcasualty
10-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Inquiry: If there was a wipe, would there also be a version push as an "attack of opportunity?"

Brakisss
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Inquiry: If there was a wipe, would there also be a version push as an "attack of opportunity?"

I doubt it since the newer code seems to still be in a state where it requires frequent wipes and the point of lib is (correct me if im wrong) to have a fun play server that doesnt get wiped every other week.

bazweller
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Irc gets muted due to idiots chatting complete garbage from time to time. If I were you I would avoid irc unless you like being in the company of some very childish individuals.

Ateth
10-20-2011, 08:31 AM
it was muted like..4hrs ago and I guess they either forgot to unmute us or fell asleep..or both lol

Metal
10-20-2011, 10:05 AM
It woud be funny if the liberator ssd drive woud be perma damaged. Damn all those tears ^^. But on good side, Nova code woud kick in and that woud be cool :)

kxrider235
10-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Have they even received the HDD(s) to replace those that crashed yet?

If so it's down to data recovery.

Even that little bit of info would probably go a long way in satisfying the masses.

rwp389
10-20-2011, 10:45 AM
I don't understand why peoPle hate the idea of a wipe so much? By now you should be Jedi or close to Jedi, have a few million
Credits, own an armory, and have a decent guild. It's realy not about the items, it's about the game and the peoPle you know..

Revanis
10-20-2011, 11:01 AM
it was muted like..4hrs ago and I guess they either forgot to unmute us or fell asleep..or both lol

Or neither, but it's unmuted now. For the time beeeiinnnggg~

Brakisss
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Have they even received the HDD(s) to replace those that crashed yet?

If so it's down to data recovery.

Even that little bit of info would probably go a long way in satisfying the masses.

A couple pages earlier TAFirehawk said the following:

We are trying to recover the Liberator player data and we expect this process to take awhile....no ETA sorry.

I hope that helps you uhh i mean the masses ... to ease your ... uhm the masses pain :P

kxrider235
10-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Missed that one. Sorry.

Vlada
10-20-2011, 11:54 AM
SSD is fine, Liberator code is fine, Berkley database too. Devs are trying to recover mysql with the all char info that was on the raid that crashed.

Bavoratu
10-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Great news, thanks.

XEIIS
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Any time estimate when server's will be back up?

bazweller
10-20-2011, 12:17 PM
There NEVER are mate.

erminator
10-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I want a refund and a free vet reward :p

Slayer45
10-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Hmmm sweating profusely shaking and chills feels like withdrawal symptoms. I NEED A SWG FIX!!!

hamiltonguy420
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM
maybe the devs will be nice and give us a free 45 days or something for all the problems :P

Sleseckot
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Calm down ladies, they say good things come to those who wait.

So I'm justa waiting. :)

1q2w3e
10-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Not that i am ungrateful, but this shouldn't be taking so long.

erminator
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
here is a bandaid for now, hope this helps you pull through the pain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uls_DHBpgHo

Irsk Holfir
10-20-2011, 12:54 PM
This sounds so good I hope I can play this gamne in 6-10 hours time......would be great. But as a future Jedi I have patience :)
Thx and keep up the good work !

Slayer45
10-20-2011, 12:58 PM
here is a bandaid for now, hope this helps you pull through the pain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uls_DHBpgHo

Now that brings back memories of better times.

erminator
10-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Now that brings back memories of better times.

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx8HfGyYftA&feature=related

Slayer45
10-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Oh how I yearn for my creature handler days when I could go out with my Rancor pets and and take on just about anything the game could throw at me lol, I want that back in a bad way.

Vlada
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
This sounds so good I hope I can play this gamne in 6-10 hours time......would be great. But as a future Jedi I have patience :)
Thx and keep up the good work !

Actually its not good at all, it was not just one HDD that died we actually lost two of them. That complicates things... A LOT.

Hope for the best, but expect the worst.

grendal
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Oh how I yearn for my creature handler days when I could go out with my Rancor pets and and take on just about anything the game could throw at me lol, I want that back in a bad way.

I used to run round with 3 Rancors out (2x lvl 25 and 1x lvl 20) so i was always taming new ones for when they 'grew up' past level 25 lol

hamiltonguy420
10-20-2011, 01:21 PM
lol thats funny....well i guess my wife will be happy.
good luck to all the junkies :)
see you all soon..

grendal
10-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Actually its not good at all, it was not just one HDD that died we actually lost two of them. That complicates things... A LOT.

2 HDD's died!!!!! good grief do you realize the odds of that happening! - thats why everyone and their dog uses RAID nowdays - 1 will blow infrequently but 2!!! it's the same odds as winning the lottery.... but ya don't :P

malik5950
10-20-2011, 01:27 PM
so does that mean all our characters are dead ??? lol

anthony98
10-20-2011, 01:30 PM
so does that mean all our characters are dead ??? lol

i sure hope so, server is crap atm, wipe seems to always bring back the fun on liberator or whatever you want to call it. some will be butthurt but thats nothing new in SWGEMU

Slayer45
10-20-2011, 01:35 PM

That sucks Vlada but we are patient we have waited years for this game, what's a few more days.

Brakisss
10-20-2011, 01:38 PM
2 HDD's died!!!!! good grief do you realize the odds of that happening! - thats why everyone and their dog uses RAID nowdays - 1 will blow infrequently but 2!!! it's the same odds as winning the lottery.... but ya don't :P

The odds of both HDs dying simultaneously is realy freakishly low!

Maybe, just maybe, one of the HDs was already damaged but the datacenter guys didnt monitor the hardware properly so it was only a matter of time...
But thats just speculation of course!

xtramedium
10-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Checking time stamp

Vlada
10-20-2011, 01:52 PM

Maybe, just maybe, one of the HDs was already damaged but the datacenter guys didnt monitor the hardware properly so it was only a matter of time...
But thats just speculation of course!

I have no idea how something like this happened, chances of something like this happening were slim to none.

Just goes to show that even if you do something with the best intentions and you do everything right, find a way to protect your hard work, even try to protect your community, **** like this still might happen. I don't know what to call this, we either have some really crappy luck or our host dropped the ball big time.

Once again, We are sorry for the delay, we will try to recover as much data as we can, but dont get your hopes up. You all have been great so far, thank you for your support, it really means a lot to us, but there is still no ETA so I will ask you to be patient a little while longer.

Superjebus
10-20-2011, 01:53 PM

Not an attack, just the 2 cents of a junkie suffering withdrawl.

I see 2 dead HDD's as even more of an omen. Don't waste time recovering data we have all been told will get wiped in the end anyway. These toons are not perminant. I say let them go.

Brakisss
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
I have no idea how something like this happened, chances of something like this happening were slim to none.

Just goes to show that even if you do something with the best intentions and you do everything right, find a way to protect your hard work, even try to protect your community, **** like this still might happen. I don't know what to call this, we either have some really crappy luck or our host dropped the ball big time.

Once again, We are sorry for the delay, we will try to recover as much data as we can, but dont get your hopes up. You all have been great so far, thank you for your support, it really means a lot to us, but there is still no ETA so I will ask you to be patient a little while longer.

Sounds like a fresh start is more and more likely to happen...

And you guys and gals have absolutly nothing to be sorry for! I think you are handling this crisis very well so, thumbs up ;)

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
As the saying goes "**** happens"

Thank you for update Vlada.Fingers crossed and all that...

If its a restart its a restart whatever i know where in good hands.

Domo321
10-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Every dog has its day!

rwp389
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
just buy one of these
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=a1627999
it comes in a 20 pack so.... just in case...

mrjoyce
10-20-2011, 02:15 PM
May as well just do the wipe we were all waiting for anyway, seems like a perfect opportunity in my opinion. Keep up the good work guys

erminator
10-20-2011, 02:21 PM
How many times will you guys turn a blind eye to the answers "pron" files , that last addition of lady boys finally did it!

grendal
10-20-2011, 02:26 PM

I see 2 dead HDD's as even more of an omen. Don't waste time recovering data we have all been told will get wiped in the end anyway. These toons are not perminant. I say let them go.

Or just rollback with the last backup the datacentre made (I assume these guys back up customer data periodically)

Bregan
10-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm beginning to feel that there is someone from SOE behind all this sabotage...

afaka bambata
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
is the server still down?

Kenjinbaka
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Yes it is, Still working on rebuilding the raid array, it takes a few days:P

rwp389
10-20-2011, 02:35 PM
^ if another person asks this question the devs are going to do a mass suicide...they are still down.. There will be an update when they come back up

^ technically if they were from the same manufacturer and same batch, statistically there is a 1:3 chance when one fails the other will soon follow. That's only in a mechanical failure with set conditions. It does not include factors such as: transportation, damage to the hard drive, etc.

grendal
10-20-2011, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=rwp389;215372]^ if another person asks this question the devs are going to do a mass suicide.../QUOTE]

yeah - but it might take them a few days :P....

only joking - I know they are working on the problem :)

I finished work Tue night at 18:00 (GMT), no server - I start work on Sat morning so I'm preying that the server will be up by tomorrow so I can still get a few hours in before I'm back to the grindstone lol

malik5950
10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Are the servers up yet ?

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
This is prolly whats in the server; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Standard_levels)

-----------
RAID 0 (block-level striping without parity or mirroring) has no (or zero) redundancy. It provides improved performance and additional storage but no fault tolerance. Hence simple stripe sets are normally referred to as RAID 0. Any drive failure destroys the array, and the likelihood of failure increases with more drives in the array (at a minimum, catastrophic data loss is almost twice as likely compared to single drives without RAID). A single drive failure destroys the entire array because when data is written to a RAID 0 volume, the data is broken into fragments called blocks. The number of blocks is dictated by the stripe size, which is a configuration parameter of the array. The blocks are written to their respective drives simultaneously on the same sector. This allows smaller sections of the entire chunk of data to be read off the drive in parallel, increasing bandwidth. RAID 0 does not implement error checking, so any error is uncorrectable. More drives in the array means higher bandwidth, but greater risk of data loss.
-------------
Raid 5 and up is very reliable but a (good) controller costs a ton, and since the game is what it is, there is prolly not that kind of money arround :D

So RAID 0 is very fast, but no failure protection, i have the same in my comp, however i got a backup as well of the whole array. If the devs have this system you should imagine a backup is in place somewhere and you would be up and running in a few hours again....

Well at least thats one theory...

Lokibear
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Thank you Vlada for the updates yet again, you have not stopped updating us on the latest status and have kept us informed through these hard times, and on top of all that your went to sleep late as well and your still up!!You are a true supporter!! of the---- cause. Long live SWGEMU I my self as everyone commenting on the thread are willing to make SWGEMU permanent working server Let us know how we can help.

erminator
10-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Maybe it is time to ask some community members if there able to help store back up files, promise I wont edit any of my charachters proffesion backups :P

Brakisss
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Maybe it is time to ask some community members if there able to help store back up files, promise I wont edit any of my charachters proffesion backups :P

I doubt that the storing of backups is the problem here, its more likely that the backups are just inconsistent or something like that or they are just huuuuge and it takes a while to restore them to the new disks.

Odelay
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
This is prolly whats in the server; (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID#Standard_levels)

-----------
RAID 0 (block-level striping without parity or mirroring) has no (or zero) redundancy. It provides improved performance and additional storage but no fault tolerance. Hence simple stripe sets are normally referred to as RAID 0. Any drive failure destroys the array, and the likelihood of failure increases with more drives in the array (at a minimum, catastrophic data loss is almost twice as likely compared to single drives without RAID). A single drive failure destroys the entire array because when data is written to a RAID 0 volume, the data is broken into fragments called blocks. The number of blocks is dictated by the stripe size, which is a configuration parameter of the array. The blocks are written to their respective drives simultaneously on the same sector. This allows smaller sections of the entire chunk of data to be read off the drive in parallel, increasing bandwidth. RAID 0 does not implement error checking, so any error is uncorrectable. More drives in the array means higher bandwidth, but greater risk of data loss.
-------------
Raid 5 and up is very reliable but a (good) controller costs a ton, and since the game is what it is, there is prolly not that kind of money arround :D

So RAID 0 is very fast, but no failure protection, i have the same in my comp, however i got a backup as well of the whole array. If the devs have this system you should imagine a backup is in place somewhere and you would be up and running in a few hours again....

Well at least thats one theory...

It is (or was lol) RAID 10, i saw it mentioned in an earlier post, not sure if it was this thread or not

edit: here it is, 8th post down http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27114

erminator
10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Guess I'm gonna play my other free online game World of Tanks for pvp action.
I'm such a tight ***!!

Havokk
10-20-2011, 04:02 PM
while i await grinding my rifleman again I do want to say thank you to the dev's for bringing this game back. when SWG came out it was the game that "will be" and well after some.... let's be kind here "questionable" decisions by Sony it really became the game that "should have or could have been" . so I for one am very grateful to the people working on restoring it to the glory it was meant to be

MasterLFD
10-20-2011, 04:04 PM
It is (or was lol) RAID 10, i saw it mentioned in an earlier post, not sure if it was this thread or not

edit: here it is, 8th post down http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27114

So speaking from experience in this sort of thing. I see one of two things happening here on the hardware side.

1. Either there is an underlying power problem (I.E. Server's power supply) going out which in turn took the HDD's with it. Or...
2. One drive was already bad or degraded and missed by the host staff then finally lost the second drive which crashed the server because a 4 disk raid 10 won't run on 2 disks.

Or I guess it could be a combination of the two.. But in 15 years in IT, I've never seen 2 disks die at the same time just cause. There is always another underlying issue. I just hope they catch this issue as well during all of this.

With that said, it appears they are trying to recover the player data. I'd imagine the host would have on site backups running but if not, they may be backing up remotely. If that's the case and depending on the amount of data, it could take a while to restore. If there is no backup, they may be trying to recover from the failed raid array which may or may not work and could just be partial data if any at all..

We are trying to recover the Liberator player data and we expect this process to take awhile....no ETA sorry.

drakeneverhate
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM
I Dont really post on any forums but i played the game till a couple months ago for the crafting alone. Yes it was a dumbed down game but find me another game with such an indepth crafting system.

malik5950
10-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Ideal time to put new core in just wipe it all, wasnt the new server to be released soon anyway ?

Ellyssia
10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Soon (tm). Could be months (or longer) yet before Nova's code is at the same playable state as Liberator. (aka no ETA)

grendal
10-20-2011, 04:44 PM
I Dont really post on any forums but i played the game till a couple months ago for the crafting alone. Yes it was a dumbed down game but find me another game with such an indepth crafting system.

Agreed - in WoW the market would be flooded with identical crafted items - in SWG you could have 50 crafted T21's (for example) with wildly different stats - the fact that there is varying quality of mats - rare looted componants - the ability of the crafter - CA's and just plain old luck - not to mention slicing for damage or speed meant the difference between a piece of crap - an average weapon - or the the ultimate amazing success with high value Krayt tissue and an amazing success damage slice! these weapons would sell for a kings ransom and rightly so as the chances of all these variables coming together on one weapon is almost the same as 2 HDD's failing at the same time :)

Superjebus
10-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Soon (tm)
I love it. It's been a while since I've seen this get used.

+1 rep for the win.

Fallenswordsman
10-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Soon (tm). Could be months (or longer) yet before Nova's code is at the same playable state as Liberator. (aka no ETA)

lol Ellyssia! That brought back bad flashbacks but made me laugh so hard! Thanks to everyone for keeping us posted on this! *Raises a pint of Guinness to all*

Superjebus
10-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Soon (tm)
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/John_MacFury/Darjani Belt Pirates/SunCrusher2010.png

Bostwain
10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Soon (tm)
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/John_MacFury/Darjani Belt Pirates/SunCrusher2010.png

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2958/suncrushere.jpg

Vlada
10-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Have either of you checked that address lately?

Lobreeze
10-20-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.suncrusher.net/

Bostwain
10-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Have either of you checked that address lately?

No, as you can see by my blue bar, I don't frequent this site anymore, so I don't even know what address you're talking aboot.

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 06:15 PM
any updates on the Denver-Cataclysm?

Bostwain
10-20-2011, 06:16 PM
any updates on the Denver-Cataclysm?

Volcano under Yellowstone erupted. Denver doesn't exist anymore.

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Volcano under Yellowstone erupted. Denver doesn't exist anymore.

O dear.. copy of SWG in other ****ty i hope?

attwood201
10-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Soo the soon part is for sc or the lib servers to come up? Lol im confussed

BloodySheetMetal
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
Or just the die hard Star Wars fans that didnt want to give it up. I say if they couldnt handle playing SWG, then they should of played Lego Star Wars instead and leave my SWG alone.

wacktastic
10-20-2011, 06:27 PM
I think I'm addicted to this game. I been checking the website almost an hour upon every hour. My hands shake when im about to find out the server status. Then get depressed when i find out. I havent really felt like this since I first started SWG long time ago and no other game does this to me.

Lobreeze
10-20-2011, 06:29 PM
46 users browsing this thread

wolf1344
I would have thought if the new code was at the same or better state than lib, it would make sense to use this instead of the old code.

however, could this be done and new features / updates added without the need for character wipes.

another thought would be use the new code without wipes as lib is now I.e. as is with updates on the test centre not on the 'playable' server. would be a great way to give the code a big test

Scottishknight19
Its like spice. Addictive

Bostwain
10-20-2011, 06:31 PM
I been checking the website almost an hour upon every hour.

So you've checked once?

Draino
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Withdrawling heavy here

darkshad0wxx
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
lol we all are

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
What does a DEVELOPER have to say on all of this. Not really caring anymore about the no eta,no new information stuff. You can only get so full from very little after so long. No disrespect to vlada or ellysia at all. Both very good involved team members.

eapei
10-20-2011, 06:50 PM
while you're waiting for the servers to come back up you can order one of these to see you through to the new year http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/LEGO-Star-Wars-Advent-Calendar-7958

Fantastic work on the server stuff guys, it means nothing to me, but i love what you've done to reintroduce a fantastic game

benjor9000
10-20-2011, 06:52 PM
55 users browsing now (35 members, 20 guests), obviously this server status thing is big. I can admit I am addicted to this game. Best pet game out there, best skill system, best character creation system, most customizable character system ever. I quit Ultima Online after running my own server for 5 years because THIS game was the best ever conceived, until SOE decided they hate us!
And so we wait, pretending to be patient waiting for the servers to come back up, and wondering if there is anything we, the players, can do to help?

HaydenAshar
10-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Must swg awwwg

Slayer45
10-20-2011, 06:58 PM
Sweating shaking shivering Delirius withdrawal sucks lol.

sorb
10-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Did you guys hear thst the server is down? LOL

Vlada
10-20-2011, 07:00 PM
What does a DEVELOPER have to say on all of this. Not really caring anymore about the no eta,no new information stuff. You can only get so full from very little after so long.

This is what DEVELOPER told me:

SSD is fine, Liberator code is fine, Berkley database too. Devs are trying to recover mysql with the all char info that was on the raid that crashed.

it was not just one HDD that died we actually lost two of them. That complicates things... A LOT.

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:03 PM
i just visualized my armorsmith, rifleman, entertainer, and smuggler just vanishing while yelling "Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Thundusah
10-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi everybody.
Itīs great to see, there are so many people going crazy about this d... hardwarefailure too!
Iīve installed this good old game and lpe, first start looks very good when walking around the cantina, then thinking the whole day about playing sgw the other day and ... boom ... deathstar blows the hardware!
Not really fair.

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 07:07 PM
So you've checked once?

Another person makes me spill my popcorn

siona
10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Now we know who the real addicts are...
/points to everyone browsing this forum including myself

Thanks Vlada and the rest of the team for your hard work during this crisis, hope the recovery process is proceeding well!

HaydenAshar
10-20-2011, 07:11 PM
thats it, im getting a ticket to denver...

MasterLFD
10-20-2011, 07:11 PM
"I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Ok.. thousands.. lol

darkshad0wxx
10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
well i wouldnt say silenced more like disconnected lol

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
in the computer world, that is silence

MasterLFD
10-20-2011, 07:18 PM
well i wouldnt say silenced more like disconnected lol

Hah yeah I didn't want to butcher the quote too much.

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Ok everyone shall we start taking credit bets on how many pages this topic will receive and, or what date we will see a working server again?

darkshad0wxx
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
id guess over 1000 posts

HaydenAshar
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
with all this time off emu ive been able to solve the mystery of life

sorb
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe they should call The Great Yogurt in to help too just incase it was Mega Maid that broke the server.

darkshad0wxx
10-20-2011, 07:22 PM
also battlefield 3 comes out on the 25th so if for some reason the server still isnt up il have something else to keep me calm

fighdolla
10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm not sure what "Datacenter" they may be using - all I know is that by this point I or any of the people I work with could have completely rebuilt a physical server system and retrieved/reloaded any data that remains...and we're not even a datacenter, we just work with the servers for a major cable company(Which pretty much never go down) This tells me either A) no one is working on it, or B) All or most of the data is gone, and the devs just don't want to admit it as yet. Is the "Datacenter" a Dell in some guy named Mark's basement?

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:23 PM
start your eta bets. if we keep our characters, i'll make a free composite chest piece for the winner-pst gaquaz if that toon exists

darkshad0wxx
10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
well yea they said they lost 2 HDDs so it would take some time to recover all that info

Thundusah
10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
"we havenīt much time!" to wait...

Leanasas
10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
i say we be back up by Friday around 2pm pst

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:28 PM
and leanasas claims friday at 2pm
for all others, change your times by day and hour including pm/am central time

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 07:29 PM
i say we be back up by Friday around 2pm pst

Is that a pure guess made out of thin air ?

HaydenAshar
10-20-2011, 07:30 PM
start your eta bets. if we keep our characters, i'll make a free composite chest piece for the winner-pst gaquaz if that toon exists

um ima say late sat/early sun

Sillysith
How much of this fiasco will come out of ya'lls pockets? Do we need to dig deeper in our's to compensate with donations? I'm on disability but I'm sure I could come up with a few credits! :) After all... it's STAR WARS GALAXIES FOR PETE'S SAKE!

Odelay
Tonight at 10:22 pst we find out the server is up, but our characters are gone!

refreund
10-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Tonight at 10:22 pst we find out the server is up, but our characters are gone!

that would rock.

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:32 PM
just yuck odelay YUCk

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:32 PM
hayden, put a time as in during which of the 24 hours of which day or your guess will be invalid

HaydenAshar
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
ahhhh false Prophets! the 3rd seal of the Apocalypse

HaydenAshar
10-20-2011, 07:34 PM
hayden, put a time as in during which of the 24 hours of which day or your guess will be invalid sat 10:30 pm pst

siona
10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
My guess: Sunday, 3 PM. EST

ayleaa
10-20-2011, 07:37 PM
friday 1800 gmt

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:40 PM
keep it coming

artshal
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
thursday...10am cst....im optimistic

Revanis
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Or don't. That would be fine too.

caffeineburn
10-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Saturday 4:45 pm eastern time.

Ellyssia
10-20-2011, 07:42 PM
/pats Artshal on the head.

It IS Thursday, and currently 1446 Central time. (2:46pm) try again ;)

erminator
10-20-2011, 07:43 PM
How many have got to this stage????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVaqJnQ1Sg

artshal
10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
yea...better make that friday....i been here to long

refreund
10-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Friday 9am EST

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
just in case the server comes back while i'm gone, i'll ask for what time from a team member for accuracy :) good luck

Vlada
10-20-2011, 07:52 PM
just in case the server comes back while i'm gone, i'll ask for what time from a team member for accuracy :) good luck

Some sort of announcement will be posted (they have timestamps).

refreund
10-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Some sort of announcement will be posted (they have timestamps).

and/or i believe you can check here: http://www.swgemu.com/statistics/index.php

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 07:59 PM
thank you vlada and refreund

MiniMe
10-20-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm beginning to feel that there is someone from SOE behind all this sabotage...

LOL I must admit the thought DID cross my mind also! HEHEHE!

Odelay
10-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Or don't. That would be fine too.

haha Im still laughing at this. I do not envy you guys at all

StJohn
10-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Here's me hoping the server will be back on line on friday with no loss of data.

MiniMe
10-20-2011, 08:17 PM

Ill try keep you posted.

Vlada, if I haven't said it already I have been meaning to... your involvement combined with your wisdom and helpful actions are so very much appreciated. I am so utterly grateful you and others like you are here for our inquiring minds. :)

Yeah, I knew there would be a wipe a bit later but also knew you were not wiping Liberator as often as you were anymore. Also, I noticed that the Liberator milestone you gave us a link to had no mention of Creature Handler nor the Bio-Engineer professions. Would you venture a guess as to the status of those two professions and perhaps why they seem to be so low-priority even tho so many of us want them implemented? Like will SunCrusher have them implemented or at least be testing them? Sorry for the inquiry but I've been frothing at the mouth to get my bio on! lol

Again, thanks Vlada... I have given you reputation points but see that perhaps they have not registered or maybe it takes more than a few recommendations in order for a Rep Power point to show. :P You are da bomb and it is very noticable! Thanks!

argonyxon
10-20-2011, 08:20 PM
18k view ... in 2 day.. lol. too much ppl addict to this game :-)

Ellyssia
10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Also, I noticed that the Liberator milestone you gave us a link to had no mention of Creature Handler nor the Bio-Engineer professions. Would you venture a guess as to the status of those two professions and perhaps why they seem to be so low-priority even tho so many of us want them implemented? Like will SunCrusher have them implemented or at least be testing them? Sorry for the inquiry but I've been frothing at the mouth to get my bio on! lol

CH and BE require a number of other professions to be fully working in order for them to work. It would be like trying to get BH working without the underlying Marksman professions working.

Suncrusher is going to be the release server (aka 1.0) and as such won't be brought online until the code is as close to publish 14.1 as possible.

MiniMe
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM
How many have got to this stage????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwVaqJnQ1Sg

LOL I don't know about the extreme of beating my head on my keyboard but I have DEFINITELY felt the pain of this downtime! lol *eye-twitch*

cjcolom
10-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Friday 4PM pst smithand

MiniMe
10-20-2011, 08:25 PM
CH and BE require a number of other professions to be fully working in order for them to work. It would be like trying to get BH working without the underlying Marksman professions working.

Suncrusher is going to be the release server (aka 1.0) and as such won't be brought online until the code is as close to publish 14.1 as possible.

Well that makes a ton of sense, Ellyssia! Thanks!!! I was just sooooo effected by the great SWG Betrayal that placed me and the hubby in self-therapy that I was praying and hoping that BE and CH would not be shoved aside and left in the trash heap!!!! Your post and info have given me such uplifting hope that I can now stop experimenting on our family dog! BLESS YOU! hehe Excellent news indeed!

Ellyssia
10-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Well that makes a ton of sense, Ellyssia! Thanks!!! I was just sooooo effected by the great SWG Betrayal that placed me and the hubby in self-therapy that I was praying and hoping that BE and CH would not be shoved aside and left in the trash heap!!!! Your post and info have given me such uplifting hope that I can now stop experimenting on our family dog! BLESS YOU! hehe Excellent news indeed!

They will be there, but as for when? who knows at this point in time :)

Delnor
10-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Monday 1:00pm

attwood201
10-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Lol so many posts.. I don't want the wipe I got mbh and surge same time. So im kinda excited but if it does happen. Its cool with me, but im wanting my character lol

fighdolla
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah...I for one wouldn't be a huge fan of a wipe or significant rollback. Literally within three hours of the server going down, I finally capped my rifleman's speed and also scored an AMAZING 1/1/1 comp helmet off an ancient...I at least want to enjoy those for a while first :(

refreund
10-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Lol so many posts.. I don't want the wipe I got mbh and surge same time. So im kinda excited but if it does happen. Its cool with me, but im wanting my character lol

surging is relatively easy compared to getting strong. its the last 4 of strong that takes so unbearably long

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
surging is relatively easy compared to getting strong. its the last 4 of strong that takes so unbearably long

Hamster goto Denver and help them fix the frikn server!!

refreund
10-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Hamster goto Denver and help them fix the frikn server!!

omw bossman!!

wjenet
10-20-2011, 09:43 PM

True enough, but certain types of failures can roast every device attached. Makes for an awful day and they're not at all common, but they do happen.

Those applications where lives and/or significant property damage are at stake don't design gear with a single controller, a single power supply, a single data cable, a single spare on the shelf, or any single point of failure, obviously.

For this project, it makes good sense to go with the odds on the one-in-a-bazillion failure and *not* over-spend the contributed funds on the same level of gear and support services that a search-n-rescue (as an example) might spend.

/voteOfConfidence devs

Havokk
10-20-2011, 09:50 PM
ok smithand im thinking friday at 830 am central lol

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Mr Murphy's law; if anything CAN go wrong it WILL go wrong.
Like many of you probably im a systems engineer as well and huge ammounts of I/O on storage devices i.e. RAID and thus HDD devices will have a large impact on them, god knows how many times i got 2 disks out of 5 defect in high end Exchange (DB) servers with 1k+ connections, that said...

I WONNA PLAY!

-Eternal-
10-20-2011, 09:52 PM

I second that motion. Liberator needs change; it's pretty much a dead stand still server atm with a few stragglers grinding out Jedi. Heck, I would play again with a Liberator server wipe.

Of course the flip side of not being able to recover characters and just wiping doesn't really give me a lot of overall confidence in the project in general, with it always in the back of my mind my characters could go "poof" at any time, even with the final product completed.

Ellyssia
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM

... AND at the worst possible time.

(I hate that bastard Murphy, he screws with my servers on a regular basis. I ever meet him and I'm gonna beat him with a USB cable)

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 09:55 PM

(I hate that bastard Murphy, he screws with my servers on a regular basis. I ever meet him and I'm gonna beat him with a USB cable)

I think he lives in Scotland tho

MasterLFD
10-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Monday 7pm. Cuz we all know IT folks don't work the weekend unless their own $hit is broke.

wjenet
10-20-2011, 10:08 PM
/pats Artshal on the head.

It IS Thursday, and currently 1446 Central time. (2:46pm) try again ;)

... maybe a different Thursday?

cjcolom
10-20-2011, 10:36 PM
any news yet? just curious.

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 10:39 PM
none at all :(

Vlada
10-20-2011, 10:42 PM
any news yet? just curious.

I updated the front page and the OP.

BTW, devs are giving it one last shot. If this doesn't work its bye, bye Liberator.

refreund
10-20-2011, 10:44 PM

BTW, devs are giving it one last shot. If this doesn't work its bye, bye Liberator.

woot, wipe wipe wipe!

Thrice1337
10-20-2011, 10:46 PM

Great to hear! How long do these "Shots" take?

sorb
10-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Bye BYe LIb perm or is it just a wipe?

rwp389
10-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Hey why don't you guys stop *****ing? All I hear from half the god damn form is: why do we have to wipe it? I'm going to quit if you wipe it! I don't have Alot of confidence in the project because your going to wipe it just like you told us before! Just shut the **** up... I'm sick of kids or people with no lives complaining about shut that has been stated over and over and ****ing over again... Either A stfu and get over losing a character in a GAME, or B Get the **** off the forums. I'm sad the servers are down too but guess what? I've got a life, i know how to survive for TWO days without swg. Great game, great developers, long live swg

Swargy
10-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Oh man I'm so down for a wipe.

Vlada
10-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey why don't you guys stop *****ing? All I hear from half the god damn form is: why do we have to wipe it? I'm going to quit if you wipe it! I don't have Alot of confidence in the project because your going to wipe it just like you told us before! Just shut the **** up... I'm sick of kids or people with no lives complaining about shut that has been stated over and over and ****ing over again... Either A stfu and get over losing a character in a GAME, or B Get the **** off the forums. I'm sad the servers are down too but guess what? I've got a life, i know how to survive for TWO days without swg. Great game, great developers, long live swg

Calm down...

Its fine, everyone needs to vent from time to time.

Just let them vent.

retto
10-20-2011, 10:56 PM
the crashing thing isnt really an issue for me .. stuff happens .. but the loss of data ? red flag city ... how are we going to avoid this sort of stuff once the we go live ?

i admit i dont know anything about servers or HDD's but i do know if the game ever goes live and everyone loses all their stuff like this ? it is going to be an issue ... you think you have a herd of whiney little kids now ? just wait till you wipe a years worth of gameplay due to some server issue .. it wont be pretty ...

Bavoratu
10-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Can care less bring on the wipe, anything to get to play again!

Everything will be earned again dammit!

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 10:57 PM
i second with vlada. not hard to see someone lost their cool over forum posts that HAS a life "supposedly". way to represent tennessee

retto
10-20-2011, 10:58 PM

*****ing about other ppl *****ing is even stupider ... especially on a forum full of angry little children ... take your own advice and log off the forums or STFU perhaps ?

ddvannoy
10-20-2011, 10:59 PM

Are we reading the same forums? Count the number of "thank you for the hard work" posts and "I want a wipe posts" to "whining" posts. I hardly see any complaining and whining. I think you should take your own advice and worry more about your "life" instead of complaining about people complaining.

I think if someone feels the need to take care of the whining on the forums, then it would be an administrator.

No response needed, thanks.

Sleseckot
10-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Ahh Piss! I started EMU Wednesday and just got one of my characters up in their trees, Damn! All well! Better EMU then nothing at all.

P.S. Arnold Schwarzenegger -"STOP WHINING"!

sorb
10-20-2011, 11:00 PM
So does this mean that there will be no more lib? Or does it mean there will be a full wipe? Or do we not know what it means yet?

refreund
10-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Are we reading the same forums? Count the number of "thank you for you for the hard work" posts and "I want a wipe posts" to "whining" posts. I hardly see any complaining and whining. I think you should take your own advice and worry more about your "life" instead of complaining about people complaining.

I think if someone feels the need to take care of the whining on the forums, then it would be an administrator.

No response needed, thanks.

ya i was wondering the same thing.. didn't see what set the guy off lol

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 11:04 PM
ya i was wondering the same thing.. didn't see what set the guy off lol
Lack of servers working lol

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I would say to those who want a wipe and if every things is saved just delete your classes and all in your inventory.

There you go your own little wipe easy. sheesh

ddvannoy
10-20-2011, 11:06 PM
Lack of servers working lol

Haha!!!!!!

MasterLFD
10-20-2011, 11:07 PM

Wow so the only mysql backup was in the form of a raid 10 array? Haha that's bad for business.

refreund
10-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I would say to those who want a wipe and if every things is saved just delete your classes and all in your inventory.

we want everyone to start on the same page again.

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Im a jedi, and i just looted a 30 mill worth tape, so u mite think i dont want a wipe, but wiping LIB is for me a very cool thing i love to start over i rly do

refreund
10-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Im a jedi, and i just looted a 30 mill worth tape, so u mite think i dont want a wipe, but wiping LIB is for me a very cool thing i love to start over i rly do

ya lets DO THIS!

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 11:11 PM

Don't you realize its not about not having stuff. Its about EVERYONE else already having awesome stuff and mastered ws,as,chef,tailor and buffing classes too.

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
o and.. if it is a wipe lets agree now to all make a picture in coro on day 1 with our new armor..... bone armor and mabari LOL

Bavoratu
10-20-2011, 11:12 PM
one problem only a small percentage of people are willing to go wipe right now. :/ at least I think.........

sorb
10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
what tape is worth 30 mil?

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 11:14 PM
we want everyone to start on the same page again.

Of course you do !

Ask players in game to wipe their classes as well and their inventory see how that goes down...

If it happens it happens but wanting it on others not sure all would like that unless there is no choice

refreund
10-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Of course you do !

Ask players in game to wipe their classes as well and their inventory see how that goes down...

If it happens it happens but wanting it on others not sure all would like that unless there is no choice

I'm just saying I'd like a wipe. Nothing more. Not sure how that can be misconstrued.

orangepowerosu
10-20-2011, 11:18 PM

Hope this just means a wipe or a new server. This is the only MMO left worth playing, unless anyone knows of a good SandBox MMO. SWTOR is just another PlayByRail system, so it's not going to do it for me.

Vlada
10-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Hope this just means a wipe or a new server. This is the only MMO left worth playing, unless anyone knows of a good SandBox MMO. SWTOR is just another PlayByRail system, so it's not going to do it for me.

If it happens it will just be a database wipe, characters, items, credits. Liberator as a server will remain, we all just start fresh.

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 11:21 PM
i'm with swedefrog. Only reason for a wipe is to zero out jedi, zero out other peoples good resources and items, and for people to feel like they're not 20048 place out of 20050 people (don't care about accuracy with this analogy)

Why thankyou Atladarkphoenix thankyou

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 11:22 PM
what tape is worth 30 mil?

+20 force regen

artshal
10-20-2011, 11:22 PM
hoo...the natives are getting restless

reforse
10-20-2011, 11:23 PM
If it happens it will just be a database wipe, characters, items, credits. Liberator as a server will remain, we all just start fresh.

But I will lose my 2 weeks of grind and my tusken rifle, I'm off to play WoW forever

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 11:24 PM
i'm with swedefrog. Only reason for a wipe is to zero out jedi, zero out other peoples good resources and items, and for people to feel like they're not 20048 place out of 20050 people (don't care about accuracy with this analogy) yup

Vlada
10-20-2011, 11:24 PM
but i will lose my 2 weeks of grind and my tusken rifle, i'm off to play wow forever

lmao!!!

Slayer45
10-20-2011, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure what "Datacenter" they may be using - all I know is that by this point I or any of the people I work with could have completely rebuilt a physical server system and retrieved/reloaded any data that remains...and we're not even a datacenter, we just work with the servers for a major cable company(Which pretty much never go down) This tells me either A) no one is working on it, or B) All or most of the data is gone, and the devs just don't want to admit it as yet. Is the "Datacenter" a Dell in some guy named Mark's basement?

Originally Posted by atldarkphoenix

What does a DEVELOPER have to say on all of this. Not really caring anymore about the no eta,no new information stuff. You can only get so full from very little after so long.
This is what DEVELOPER told me:

it was not just one HDD that died we actually lost two of them. That complicates things... A LOT.

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 11:26 PM
But I will lose my 2 weeks of grind and my tusken rifle, I'm off to play WoW forever

ok thats it all my popcorns up my nose honestly your a funny man.

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 11:29 PM
don't complain about death knights :) just sayin

artshal
10-20-2011, 11:36 PM
we will all look back on this a few years down thr road and say " remember when"....and laugh

Kad
10-20-2011, 11:37 PM

/support

10chr

MasterLFD
10-20-2011, 11:38 PM
we will all look back on this a few years down thr road and say " remember when"....and laugh

As half the server is off playing another game...

bigvoltron
10-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Can I haz SWG?

atldarkphoenix
10-20-2011, 11:40 PM
As half the server is off playing another game...
That one made me laugh it up and that just happened :) The insta-laugh, better than years down the road laugh over bad times.

retto
10-20-2011, 11:40 PM
if we do get a wipe is there any way we could go back to the old jedi system from nova ? i think that would keep the folks who NEED jedi happy ... might cut down on the crying from the folks who have been working towards jedi ...

i personally dont care either way .. wiped or not ill continue to play ...

artshal
10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
from what i have seen....most of the players here are from the first days of swg...there not going anywhere

swedefrog
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
from what i have seen....most of the players here are from the first days of swg...there not going anywhere

Darn correct on that one matey i want my pets back and wait to hell freezes

drogomoss
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
/sarcasm on
I think we really need a new profession called death knights to attract the WoW players...
/sarcasm off

I agreed that the people who play swgemu are from the original game and here to stay :)

DarksideTarq
10-20-2011, 11:45 PM
/LFG (Looking For Game)

Bavoratu
10-20-2011, 11:45 PM

^This. nuff said.

Lithianlord
10-20-2011, 11:50 PM

This all the way.

I also want to say I support a server wipe. ;)

luttikrob
10-20-2011, 11:50 PM
if we get housing and vendors every1 and their moms are back in this game
(edit) even the NGE guys wont believe the economy system then

attwood201
10-20-2011, 11:51 PM
SSo with that update, means they are trying to get our characters from lib? Or we still have lib characters but not nova characters lol

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I started about a month from launch went through all the profession nerfs CU and NGE and that killed it for me. But I am here to stay no matter what happens and a little thing like this will not dissuade me from sticking around and waiting in anticipation of the finished Product. Vlada and everyone working on this you guys are doing a bang up job and myself and I'm sure I can speak for most of the veterans of SWG may the force be with you and keep up the good work.

P.S. If any of you guys out there complaining about a wipe wish to leave because of it, don't let the proverbial door hit you in the *** on the way out.

Darknog
10-21-2011, 12:03 AM
For all you Forum Flamers(FF's) props for trollin big props ====████████████████████).. Dev's, support, and pretty anyone that works there for FREE reading this TY for your understanding, temperance, and other Jedi like qualities that make you with hold that force choke on some of these trolls gettin arise ╩

idonz
10-21-2011, 12:04 AM
i actually logged on WoW :-( It was horrible....

I wouldn't mind a Liberator wipe, I think it would be really cool to start off fresh :-)

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 12:05 AM
P.S. If any of you guys out there complaining about a wipe wish to leave because of it, don't let the proverbial door hit you in the *** on the way out.[/QUOTE]
Translation-Step 1--Open Wide Step 2--Relax your Throat Step 3--Gather up spit for incoming **** Step 4--LIKE IT and lets not forget step 5--Swallow

artshal
i am an old man with alot of patiance...i grinded 27 profs to get my jedi years ago....wipe means very little to me...lol

swedefrog
I started about a month from launch went through all the profession nerfs CU and NGE and that killed it for me. But I am here to stay no matter what happens and a little thing like this will not dissuade me from sticking around and waiting in anticipation of the finished Product. Vlada and everyone working on this you guys are doing a bang up job and myself and I'm sure I can speak for most of the veterans of SWG may the force be with you and keep up the good work.

P.S. If any of you guys out there complaining about a wipe wish to leave because of it, don't let the proverbial door hit you in the *** on the way out.

well said and agreed with

idonz
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
the crashing thing isnt really an issue for me .. stuff happens .. but the loss of data ? red flag city ... how are we going to avoid this sort of stuff once the we go live ?

i admit i dont know anything about servers or HDD's but i do know if the game ever goes live and everyone loses all their stuff like this ? it is going to be an issue ... you think you have a herd of whiney little kids now ? just wait till you wipe a years worth of gameplay due to some server issue .. it wont be pretty ...

if your worried then please donate to help them out.

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 12:08 AM
if we get housing and vendors every1 and their moms are back in this game
(edit) even the NGE guys wont believe the economy system then

Oh man that sent tingles up my spine! I agree completely! I know my hubby and I played from launch, it was definitely a game I had never ever expected to not only take my heart but also be my 2nd job...... my dream job, that is. Oh the late-nights, oh the variety of crafting, combat, the arts, and business! No boredom (unless waiting 5 min for a shuttle). The randomness of your particular path and the environments were awesome too.

My husband and I remember in the beginning when no good resources would spawn very often and finally SoE fixed it by tweaking the spawns of better stat resources... so on Liberator I feel that still has not been fixed. Also the rain issue. In the beginning of the original game, the weather elements were intensified so they also had to tweak that. Rain effects your accuracy in combat so I am really hoping our devs will take care of the monsoons that plague the game right now every day and too often. The rain on Eclipse was not as bad as it is on emu right now. I hope the devs remember to tweak both the rainstorms and the resource stats sometime down the road. Otherwise it is going to be a challenge. In real life I LOVE the rain but this is too much. :) Can't even see thru it so let's hope they will touch on the issue and discuss it at least. :)

I remember the huge uproar on the SWG forums about the stinky resource stats month after month and then the devs on swg finally changed it so there were better spawns and in turn better crafted products out there.

Heck I just can't wait for backpacks at this point lol

Havokk
10-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I ground out 29 profs to get my jedi in the old days just barely found this again so while id hate to see people lose a lot if a wipe means we get to play again the only downside is the number of people camping the starting areas lol

Ateth
10-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Playing WoW now *shudders* while itching to play swg again, I just got jedi a week ago and it would suck to regrind everything over again but its better than what Sony did to all of us. I'll gladly regrind if it means I get to play such an awesome game

swedefrog
10-21-2011, 12:11 AM
I ground out 29 profs to get my jedi in the old days just barely found this again so while id hate to see people lose a lot if a wipe means we get to play again the only downside is the number of people camping the starting areas lol

And loads of dead frogs and rats outside citys

artshal
that will be nuts

erminator

By the tone of this post I definatly do not agree with you when you say your getting by fine, seems 2 days is your breaking point.

Superjebus
10-21-2011, 12:12 AM

I think he lives in Scotland tho
I live in Sydney and like being beaten with USB cables, so lets party like its 1999!

P.S. I like cats

artshal
10-21-2011, 12:13 AM
1 post in 400....comeon

idonz
10-21-2011, 12:15 AM
I am having SWG withdrawals. I feel like just talking about it via vent with people might satisfy my craving..... or intensify it?

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 12:15 AM
Translation-Step 1--Open Wide Step 2--Relax your Throat Step 3--Gather up spit for incoming **** Step 4--LIKE IT and lets not forget step 5--Swallow[/QUOTE]

You kno, it is okay to voice an opinion about being wiped. I myself don't wish to be wiped. That doesn't mean I should have to leave the game just because I don't wish a wipe. IF a wipe is the only solution, then of course that is understandable and I will lick my own wounds. I really honestly don't feel people are so much "Complaining" but are voicing that they hope and wish a wipe is not necessary to get back online. That is just my take.

I posted earlier about having JUST convinced my husband a few weeks ago to play Liberator. He wouldn't play due to the high number of wipes earlier on. So I convinced him to trust that there would be no wipe. LOL and now that he's finally got his rifleman up a decent level and his commando too, there may be a wipe. In my post earlier I voiced how I hope there won't need to be a wipe or my husband will KILL ME. I sure hope this wasnt thought of as a complaint. I never intended it to rub anyone the wrong way. It would honestly be awesome if no wipe was necessary. IF one is, then I'm down with it but not happy I need to start from scratch YET AGAIN.

DarksideTarq
10-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Grinded all 32...yes I am that lucky! Didn't get a tee shirt but I did get a light saber so I guess it was worth it. Wipe or no wipe I'll be around. Hats off to Vlada and company for keepin' it going.

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Translation-Step 1--Open Wide Step 2--Relax your Throat Step 3--Gather up spit for incoming **** Step 4--LIKE IT and lets not forget step 5--Swallow

You kno, it is okay to voice an opinion about being wiped. I myself don't wish to be wiped. That doesn't mean I should have to leave the game just because I don't wish a wipe. IF a wipe is the only solution, then of course that is understandable and I will lick my own wounds. I really honestly don't feel people are so much "Complaining" but are voicing that they hope and wish a wipe is not necessary to get back online. That is just my take.

I posted earlier about having JUST convinced my husband a few weeks ago to play Liberator. He wouldn't play due to the high number of wipes earlier on. So I convinced him to trust that there would be no wipe. LOL and now that he's finally got his rifleman up a decent level and his commando too, there may be a wipe. In my post earlier I voiced how I hope there won't need to be a wipe or my husband will KILL ME. I sure hope this wasnt thought of as a complaint. I never intended it to rub anyone the wrong way. It would honestly be awesome if no wipe was necessary. IF one is, then I'm down with it but not happy I need to start from scratch YET AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't pointing the finger at any one person it was just a generalisation, and I don't wish for a wipe but if it comes down to that I will persevere.

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 12:20 AM

Thankx brotha...if it needs to be wiped then so be it....if it can be salvaged...sounds good too. Tell the devs, take there time, no pressure, least not from this old WS lol.

erminator
10-21-2011, 12:23 AM
If we have lost the data then we all have to start from scratch, thats fine but what I cannot understand now and when its hapened in the past is ppl asking or demanding for a wipe just because there not quiet as rich/skilled as others.
A wipe is fully supported in the circumstances we face now or if its to benefit the community with improvements or updates, but calling for a wipe for the sake getting everyone back to the same starting position is just pointless, next it will be crys of "Jedi should be a starting proffesion"
Oh noes the NGE'ers really are here now!!

atldarkphoenix
10-21-2011, 12:24 AM
If it MUST be wiped then we have no other options but to get the ball rolling again then and only then do i support it.

Odelay
10-21-2011, 12:26 AM
lol i dont mind a wipe, i just wish i had some time to spend my holo money... not to mention grinding AS and WS in the last 2 weeks. Oh well, others have more to lose, and I am on board with the "do what you gotta do, lets get on with it" train of thought.

MasterLFD
10-21-2011, 12:27 AM
Thankx brotha...if it needs to be wiped then so be it....if it can be salvaged...sounds good too. Tell the devs, take there time, no pressure, least not from this old WS lol.

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178

Might end up being useful information under the circumstances..

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks Vlada for updating and staying on top of everything! I know I just prayed for a miracle! lol

No worries Slayer45, oh and I think the quotes I did were messed up leading to even messier quotes. LOL Never authored the 4 steps but no worries. Must be buggy atm.

concerning the mysteriously broken HDDs:
I say it was Dan Rubenfield making good on his rants! He must've flown to Denver and snuck in and lashed out all his frustrations on the HDDs... next time me thinks we label our HDDs with something he would not strike out at, like Greedy Execs W/Paychecks.... or something like that. This stinks of wookiee dookiee.

Slayer45
10-21-2011, 12:29 AM
If we have lost the data then we all have to start from scratch, thats fine but what I cannot understand now and when its hapened in the past is ppl asking or demanding for a wipe just because there not quiet as rich/skilled as others.
A wipe is fully supported in the circumstances we face now or if its to benefit the community with improvements or updates, but calling for a wipe for the sake getting everyone back to the same starting position is just pointless, next it will be crys of "Jedi should be a starting proffesion"

God let's all hope that if they start crying for jedi as a profession that the devs perma-ban them lol

refreund
10-21-2011, 12:31 AM

who is demanding a wipe?

wacktastic
10-21-2011, 12:33 AM
:/ well that sucks.

I'm in both in favor of both wipe and save. But i prefer the later. If it were a wipe I'll be sadden because i didnt even get to use my +500 max dmg 2 hand hammer i won in the AH for only 1000 credits.

BTW anyone knows of a site where i can do my class calculator?

refreund
10-21-2011, 12:34 AM

I'm in both in favor of both wipe and save. But i prefer the later. If it were a wipe I'll be sadden because i didnt even get to use my +500 max dmg 2 hand hammer i won in the AH for only 1000 credits.

http://www.swgcharacterbuilder.com/swg-cb.php

MiniMe
10-21-2011, 12:34 AM
LOL I'm with you on THAT, Slayer45! I hope Jedi remains very very hard to gain. there are some that are not even interested in Jedi but if they make it too easy, then we'll have that Jedi-fest we had on Eclipse when you heard light-sabers everywhere you went! NO THANKS! lol

wacktastic
10-21-2011, 12:36 AM
http://www.swgcharacterbuilder.com/swg-cb.php

Hi-Five bro!

MiniMe

You can choose to do your profession calculator from the Launchpad Enhanced option on the left side. It is called Kodan's Prof Cal. It's awesome and you can save/load/reset your templates from your desktop once you've saved one. :) have fun

Dude the link above compared to Kodans is not as good. Kodans has the stats and everything you'll gain with each box on the right hand side. Just open up your launchpad, it's much better, no offense wacktastic. :) None meant at all.

Havokk
I dont think anyone was demanding a wipe.. I think most are saying a wipe would suck but if that's what is needed to get playing again then so be it

cjcolom
10-21-2011, 12:38 AM

I didnt get to use or sell my 2 holos , 28 dbl sabe tapes, 25 FR tapes, 16 1hand tape, 18 SB , 36 jantas over 330 power, 24 confirmed premiums....stuck at surge lmao but oh well